Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 3, 2022, 5:10pm
THE legend of the game, admitted to hospital and in critical care. There are reports that it’s more severe than that and is in end of life care.

The world of football should mourn as one and thank him what he brought to the beautiful game
Posted by: aldi_01, December 3, 2022, 5:13pm; Reply: 1
I assumed he was already receiving palliative care…
Posted by: Rick12, December 3, 2022, 5:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
THE legend of the game, admitted to hospital and in critical care. There are reports that it’s more severe than that and is in end of life care.

The world of football should mourn as one and thank him what he brought to the beautiful game
I love Pele. One of my favourite players ever,not just for his outstanding technical ability but also the way he lived quite a healthy life in his footballing days. I saw recently a documentary on him on Netflix and he seemed in good mental spirits but sad to see him in a wheelchair. In the end age catches up with all of us .

Posted by: barralad, December 3, 2022, 10:33pm; Reply: 3
On the news it said he had responded well to treatment for a respiratory infection.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 4, 2022, 12:25am; Reply: 4
My favourite player of all time he did not take drugs or cheat.

It's a pity we did not see more of him when the world cup was in England in 66.

The poor man was kicked from pillar to post but never retaliated.

Hope.he is ok.
Posted by: Rick12, December 4, 2022, 7:49am; Reply: 5
Quoted from barralad
On the news it said he had responded well to treatment for a respiratory infection.
Good to hear

Quoted from grimsby pete

It's a pity we did not see more of him when the world cup was in England in 66.

The poor man was kicked from pillar to post but never retaliated.

Big shame when some players couldn't  cope with class they resorted to dirty tactics. I think most fans love to see these type of players in person  eg similar with Messi last night  . I always remember when I saw Ronaldinho play live for Brazil which was an honour seeing genius in the flesh.  It's much better than watching it on television and you get a true appreciation of how gifted some of these players are including him.  

Posted by: Running like emson, December 4, 2022, 6:25pm; Reply: 6
https://twitter.com/neilwainwright7/status/1599188576012730369?s=46&t=voIFZc6FOQJdcr-A5Y4xEw

Liked this little montage
Posted by: Rick12, December 5, 2022, 8:52am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Running like emson

Liked this little montage
Yes, some talent in that video clip. I do feel some people are just born with natural gifts and have to do little training be it football,boxing,art,music etc. Always remember reading about Diego Maradona as a young boy doing kick ups with a small ball at half time during a local football match which one of his family run if memory serves me right. He was so good that he started to become the main attraction during these games .
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, December 5, 2022, 1:50pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Running like emson

And he was doing that with what was essentially a lump of pig iron, not the ultra lightweight balls used now.  Legend.

He's no Stanley Matthews mind....
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 4:46am