Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, September 16, 2022, 2:45pm
https://gtfc.co.uk/salford-city-ticket-information/

1376 tickets in total 👌
Posted by: Poojah, September 16, 2022, 2:53pm; Reply: 1
4:30 in and possibly the most surreal moment I can remember following Town.

https://youtu.be/VYEMkZqBMIk
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 16, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 2
£15 a ticket is a bloody good price.
Posted by: thornemariner, September 16, 2022, 3:14pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
£15 a ticket is a bloody good price.

Only a tenner for seniors too and 60+ qualifies. Rude not to.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, September 16, 2022, 4:02pm; Reply: 4
There’s likely to be a train strike that day if anyone was planning to go by train.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah

Around 2.50 in was pretty surreal as well
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 16, 2022, 5:44pm; Reply: 6
I’m going but the past 2 times we’ve played there we’ve been the victims of utterly corrupt officials, third time lucky?
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 16, 2022, 6:54pm; Reply: 7
Salford are the lower league Liverpool, Sky just love them. Just watch during the World Cup when there’s no premiership so Sky have to show lower league games, Salford will be involved in the only game picked from league 2.
Posted by: Youngy, September 16, 2022, 7:25pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Gaffer58
Salford are the lower league Liverpool, Sky just love them. Just watch during the World Cup when there’s no premiership so Sky have to show lower league games, Salford will be involved in the only game picked from league 2.

The novelty is slowly wearing off though, average attendance last season of 2155 (the lowest in the league) and losing money hand over fist. If they don't get promotion soon, they are going to struggle to sustain long term.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 16, 2022, 9:43pm; Reply: 9
Think the owners between them could scrape together a decent wedge if required.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 16, 2022, 10:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Poojah

Truly terrible officiating. Fourth official over ruling the ref. Not even sure there was any interference.
Posted by: Poojah, September 16, 2022, 11:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Truly terrible officiating. Fourth official over ruling the ref. Not even sure there was any interference.

The issue, from memory, was that a new rule had been implemented whereby no attacking player could stand in the wall defending the free kick. Which Matt Green did. I have no idea if that rule still stands.

Rightly or wrongly, it was utterly bizarre seeing a goal from a direct free kick disallowed, particularly minutes after the event when the ball was back on the centre spot with both teams ready to kick-off.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2022, 11:14pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Poojah

The issue, from memory, was that a new rule had been implemented whereby no attacking player could stand in the wall defending the free kick. Which Matt Green did. I have no idea if that rule still stands.

Rightly or wrongly, it was utterly bizarre seeing a goal from a direct free kick disallowed, particularly minutes after the event when the ball was back on the centre spot with both teams ready to kick-off.

I think the main issue was the fact that the three officials had no issues with the "goal" at all and it was the 4th official who effectively disallowed the goal.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, September 17, 2022, 12:13am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Youngy

The novelty is slowly wearing off though, average attendance last season of 2155 (the lowest in the league) and losing money hand over fist. If they don't get promotion soon, they are going to struggle to sustain long term.

2155, wow.

Brings back memories of Gary Neville in that documentary talking of his ambition to see Salford playing in the Championship in a 20,000 seater stadium. Crazytalk.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 17, 2022, 6:57am; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club

I think the main issue was the fact that the three officials had no issues with the "goal" at all and it was the 4th official who effectively disallowed the goal.

And whilst I know we’ve all said fourth officials need to be involved, my memory of it seemed to be the Salford bench bullying him to get involved.

One of the worst disallowed goals I’ve seen as a town fan.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, September 17, 2022, 7:04am; Reply: 15
God Matt Green, gives me nightmares.
Posted by: marinerjase, September 17, 2022, 8:11am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Youngy

Bottomless Pit with the guy bank rolling it with others, besides which new ground next year will add a few, and I don’t see them stopping anytime soon. (putting money in)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, September 17, 2022, 8:57am; Reply: 17
East Mids trains running - so Nottingham to Manchester should be ok.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 17, 2022, 9:16am; Reply: 18
That waterfall shot and the worldie save!
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 17, 2022, 9:38am; Reply: 19
For those that go beware of parking restrictions around the ground.  You'll need to park area streets away.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 17, 2022, 11:28am; Reply: 20
There is still a law that you cannot be part of the wall but our player in front wasn’t. He was a couple of yards away and peeled off before the shot. As others have stated, the 4th official then getting involved at the behest of their bench is way off the mark of what’s acceptable. Imagine if Doig had been assistant then, carnage.
Posted by: Mariner_09, September 17, 2022, 11:40am; Reply: 21
The ref in the relegation season gave the worst performance of any official I can remember. It was truly abysmal. Blows up for a foul on Matete down on the touch line when we had Harry Clifton bearing down on goal, disallows a goal from Lenny when if anything, Lenny was being fouled. Their late equaliser was absolutely miles offside, if I remember wasn’t their player not dispatched for the clearest two footed leg breaker you’ve ever seen? The decision the year before stands out but that performance was far, far worse
Posted by: Hagrid, September 17, 2022, 11:51am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mariner_09
The ref in the relegation season gave the worst performance of any official I can remember. It was truly abysmal. Blows up for a foul on Matete down on the touch line when we had Harry Clifton bearing down on goal, disallows a goal from Lenny when if anything, Lenny was being fouled. Their late equaliser was absolutely miles offside, if I remember wasn’t their player not dispatched for the clearest two footed leg breaker you’ve ever seen? The decision the year before stands out but that performance was far, far worse

Matete wasnt fouled. They squared up

Was payne who scored i think, dont remember a 2 footed lunge either

Posted by: Blue Mariner, September 18, 2022, 4:06pm; Reply: 23
For those that go beware of parking restrictions around the ground.  You'll need to park area streets away.

Couple of £7 drives left on https://www.justpark.com/
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, September 18, 2022, 4:41pm; Reply: 24
Park and ride just under a mile away in Swinton.
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, September 18, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 25
Plenty of parking and pubs in Prestwich- 30 min walk to ground.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 18, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from PrestwichMariner

Anywhere particular mate you could recommend ?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 18, 2022, 9:02pm; Reply: 27
The first time we went there in 19/20 season we arrived at the ground in the morning and parked on the road almost opposite the away turnstile (No parking restrictions what so ever), and caught the bus into Manchester. We arrived back about an hour before kick-off to find we were the only car parked on the street that had been coned from top to bottom. Not risking a ticket etc we (My son) moved the car, nearly missing kick-off.  ;D
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, September 18, 2022, 11:01pm; Reply: 28
I'll be starting in White Horse, there's also Prestwich Social, Railway & Nats, Red Lion and loads of other smaller bars. Prestwich is very much up and coming on the beer and food front.
Posted by: James77, September 19, 2022, 9:33am; Reply: 29
There's nothing I can think of near the ground but if you don't mind a 20-30 min walk, here are some other places to try

Prestwich pubs - all those mentioned by PrestwichMariner. Try also the Church Inn (beautiful) or the Friendship, latter is about 15 mins walk from the ground

Loads of small bars in Prestwich, good for food too, eg All the Shapes on Warwick St (good chippy behind it on Clifton Road, fresh haddock), Cuckoo, Cape to Cuba, Grape to Grain for the wine drinkers out there.

If coming from City Centre, try finding the Star Inn in Higher Broughton - one of the last back street locals left, community run - and walking from there. There are a few takeaways on the main road near Lidl, 10 mins from the ground. Ta'am does pricey but good kebabs, Middle Eastern food.
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, September 19, 2022, 3:03pm; Reply: 30
I'm currently on holiday in Aruba with the ex landlord of the Star Inn!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 20, 2022, 7:55am; Reply: 31
No seats available online. The club prioritising STHs or their representatives  who can get to BP on a Tuesday morning at 10AM following a bank holiday weekend over all exiles and the countless locals who can’t get down to BP at such an inconvenient time. This is starting to get annoying now. The club need to read the room and find a solution for away matches that will sell out or where there are a limited number of seating tickets.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 20, 2022, 8:16am; Reply: 32
Quoted from GollyGTFC
No seats available online. The club prioritising STHs or their representatives  who can get to BP on a Tuesday morning at 10AM following a bank holiday weekend over all exiles and the countless locals who can’t get down to BP at such an inconvenient time. This is starting to get annoying now. The club need to read the room and find a solution for away matches that will sell out or where there are a limited number of seating tickets.

Looks like someone has now put them on.  Panic over  ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: aldi_01, September 20, 2022, 10:46am; Reply: 33
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I just figured the seating was additional…went on at 6am and got my standing tickets piece of urine. I’m still firmly in the camp that no face to face away ticket sales should take place but to be fair it’s been relatively simple today…
Posted by: Croxton, September 21, 2022, 7:20pm; Reply: 34
Just ordered a seated ticket online.
Posted by: easypeersy, September 21, 2022, 9:43pm; Reply: 35
I’ve got mine  :)
Posted by: golfer, September 22, 2022, 2:23pm; Reply: 36
If your in the queue for tickets make sure Phil and Holly don't push in
Posted by: gobby, September 22, 2022, 9:21pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from aldi_01

And whilst I know we’ve all said fourth officials need to be involved, my memory of it seemed to be the Salford bench bullying him to get involved.

One of the worst disallowed goals I’ve seen as a town fan.

Maybe the 4th official was correcting the Referee on the new Law! Yes I agree the Referee should have known but obviously didn’t and was rightly assisted by another official! Plus Green never had a clue about the new Law or in fact never had a clue how to play football! 8)

Posted by: Phil the cod, September 23, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 38

Is there plenty of on street parking in that area please mate?
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, September 23, 2022, 9:46pm; Reply: 39
On street is a bit touch and go to be honest.
Posted by: HerveJosse, September 23, 2022, 9:50pm; Reply: 40
I'm currently on holiday in Aruba with the ex landlord of the Star Inn!

No wonder we have 10 percent inflation
Posted by: Phil the cod, September 24, 2022, 8:39am; Reply: 41
On street is a bit touch and go to be honest.

Cheers, I'll probably park in Prestwich and walk down.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 26, 2022, 12:07pm; Reply: 42
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1574354324595085312
Posted by: immariner, September 26, 2022, 12:57pm; Reply: 43
LOOKING FOR TWO ADULTS AND ONE JUNIOR TICKET. If you realise you can't make it, please kindly drop me a PM. Thanks

Great support and a little surprised they sold out this quickly tbh, took 100 fewer to Rochdale and that was pay on the day (school holidays though I guess).
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 26, 2022, 3:11pm; Reply: 44
Got my ticket for this, the weather for Friday and Saturday looks dreadful mind you…
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, September 26, 2022, 6:07pm; Reply: 45
Got caught out here - didn’t expect to be sold out today with no trains on Saturday. I need 2 adult tickets. If I can’t get them, Im a neutral in another stand…

Driving from Leicester - can provide lift for modest fuel contribution.
Posted by: ska face, September 27, 2022, 10:02am; Reply: 46
Got 1 x adult spare here as I can’t make it now. Will need collecting from either Cleethorpes (ideally) or on the day at the ground.

Gone.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 27, 2022, 11:05am; Reply: 47
No chance of a pay on day turnstile then 🤷😩
Posted by: immariner, September 27, 2022, 11:21am; Reply: 48
Quoted from ska face
Got 1 x adult spare here as I can’t make it now. Will need collecting from either Cleethorpes (ideally) or on the day at the ground.

Sent you PM bud
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 27, 2022, 11:56am; Reply: 49
Quoted from ska face

Had to refund mine too mate, gutted. Third away ticket this season I've had in my possession that I've not been able to get to. Starting to do my head in!
Posted by: ska face, September 27, 2022, 2:15pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Son of Cod

Had to refund mine too mate, gutted. Third away ticket this season I've had in my possession that I've not been able to get to. Starting to do my head in!

Yeah its a fúckabout mate.

Club need to look at putting on some coaches as there’ll be hundreds in the same boat.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, September 28, 2022, 11:48am; Reply: 51
It is a urine about but if you can get to Hull there are some coaches/buses running with very limited spaces to Leeds and then Manchester with the likes of National Express and Megabus.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 28, 2022, 1:56pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Poojah

I suppose technically the fourth official was in the right to get the referee to overturn his decision but being at the match and not knowing why a perfectly good goal was given & then disallowed was baffling

IF it had been anywhere other than Salford ( with their Sky Sports sponsorship, ahem ) I can't think it would have been ruled out
Posted by: Tinymariner, September 28, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 53
I’m looking for 2 tickets if anyone has any spare, thanks.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 28, 2022, 7:34pm; Reply: 54
Was hoping to go but that ain’t happening is it.
Posted by: immariner, September 29, 2022, 1:28pm; Reply: 55
The club called me as they'd had some returns and I got the tickets I needed. Great service and Francine is very personable  

That said, there is a small chance one of my 3 won't make it due to illness but I won't know until 8/9ish Saturday morning. Will post on here straight away if it's spare
Posted by: MrThirsty, September 30, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 56
An interesting take on the sh^tshow that has affected posters on this thread to the point where travelling to Salford is not an acceptable option. With or without strikes it seems the situation will only deteriorate further as neither the football authorities or train companies don’t appear to care less about supporters/customers until it finally affects their finances.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/sep/30/uk-rail-trains-shambles-football-sport?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 1, 2022, 11:06am; Reply: 57
Last minute but we have a couple of spares for today if anyone wants them.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 1, 2022, 12:53pm; Reply: 58

Pm sent
Posted by: Tinymariner, October 1, 2022, 1:07pm; Reply: 59

I’m on my way to Salford now, I’ll take them if they’re available.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 1, 2022, 7:31pm; Reply: 60
sodomist shame I missed you two, they went to waste.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 12:39am