Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 6:50pm

Town unchanged from Newport!
Same starting XI and bench for the Mariners from the Newport game! If it is not broken, do not fix it is clearly the motto for Hurst who will be hoping for the same levels here as Town go for their first home win in the league!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcjZ4EYWIAQ5-dE?format=jpg[/img]
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 13, 2022, 6:54pm; Reply: 1
Crikey
Who would have thought with 7 subs we still have unused talent
We might not get promoted but it’s one hell of a squad for L2
Posted by: buckstown, September 13, 2022, 6:55pm; Reply: 2
Really miffed I can't be there tonight after doing the wild goose chase at the weekend!
Hoping for a big performance from the boys
UTM
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 6:58pm; Reply: 3
He'd of been mad outside of an injury to change the team after our last performance
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, September 13, 2022, 7:00pm; Reply: 4
Gyles Brandreth: Town have won their last 3 matches under the reign of a King (8-0 on aggregate).

[Although Town only lost 3 out of their first 38 matches under Liz II]
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 13, 2022, 7:05pm; Reply: 5
Great quiz questions!
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 13, 2022, 7:05pm; Reply: 6
There’s some talented players sat in the stands tonight, a great problem to have.

The writing looks on the wall for a couple of them mind you.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 13, 2022, 7:12pm; Reply: 7
Did ya team news, the big news tonight is they’ve got a new carpet in the Blundell…
Posted by: chaos33, September 13, 2022, 7:14pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pontoonlew
There’s some talented players sat in the stands tonight, a great problem to have.

The writing looks on the wall for a couple of them mind you.

Which ones do you think?
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 7:16pm; Reply: 9
Commentary on Freeview 721 and Live on Mariners TV
Posted by: Hagrid, September 13, 2022, 7:22pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from chaos33

Which ones do you think?

Fairly obvious JMD is one
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 13, 2022, 7:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

Fairly obvious JMD is one

Yep, Pepple another who should probably be worried, Pearson too.

Cropper & Amos will also be needing an injury to somebody to even have a shot at the 18.
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 12
Anybody got a picture on Mariners TV
Posted by: BenBB, September 13, 2022, 7:44pm; Reply: 13
Got a picture & sound but the camera is very blurry/shaky tonight. Nothing wrong with the stream as the graphics are crisp.
Posted by: buckstown, September 13, 2022, 7:46pm; Reply: 14
Beautifully observed minute of silence
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 7:47pm; Reply: 15
Couldn't see it, no picture.
Posted by: lukeo, September 13, 2022, 7:48pm; Reply: 16
I've got no sound or picture when  I go onto video. It says it's against broadcast rules. I'm very drunk off. I pay monthly for audio so i have that on but that isn't the point.
Posted by: lukeo, September 13, 2022, 7:49pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from BenBB
Got a picture & sound but the camera is very blurry/shaky tonight. Nothing wrong with the stream as the graphics are crisp.

Are you using VPN or out of the country?
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 13, 2022, 7:53pm; Reply: 18
Horrendous goalkeeping!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 7:53pm; Reply: 19
Lovely tap in from Taylor there. It was very nice of the Gillingham players to keep kicking the  ball out of their keepers own hands
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 13, 2022, 7:54pm; Reply: 20
Get in ,Dodgy keeper hehe
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 7:54pm; Reply: 21

Get in 1-0 Taylor.
Posted by: lukeo, September 13, 2022, 7:55pm; Reply: 22
Ffs!!!!!
Just got it working eventually and missed the goal. Can't even rewind!!!
Posted by: oochiad, September 13, 2022, 7:56pm; Reply: 23
He spilled it!! Lovely tap in for Taylor! UTM
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 7:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from lukeo
Ffs!!!!!
Just got it working eventually and missed the goal. Can't even rewind!!!

How did you get it working?

Posted by: hheh2, September 13, 2022, 7:58pm; Reply: 25
Yess Town
Posted by: lukeo, September 13, 2022, 8:00pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from DB

How did you get it working?

Sent you a PM
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 13, 2022, 8:00pm; Reply: 27
1-1, been coming a bit, aside from our goal we’ve offered very little
Posted by: Morris Minor, September 13, 2022, 8:00pm; Reply: 28
Only scored 1 all season. well done Town you were bound to give them 1 tonight!
Posted by: oochiad, September 13, 2022, 8:01pm; Reply: 29
An equally rubbish goal!
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 8:04pm; Reply: 30

Phew Crocombe is alright.
Posted by: BenBB, September 13, 2022, 8:12pm; Reply: 31
Understand because of recent events, but even so atmosphere sounds really flat tonight.
Posted by: lukeo, September 13, 2022, 8:20pm; Reply: 32
To be fair everything is very stable. We were brilliant at Newport, today it's like a whole new 11 bar maybe Richardson.
If we can get to half time at 1-1 PH and Doigy can have a stern word
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 8:21pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from BenBB
Understand because of recent events, but even so atmosphere sounds really flat tonight.

The excrement equaliser really killed the atmosphere
Posted by: chaos33, September 13, 2022, 8:23pm; Reply: 34
Sounds dead and we aren’t doing much
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 8:24pm; Reply: 35

Decent ref for a change  8)
Posted by: immariner, September 13, 2022, 8:25pm; Reply: 36
Weak psychological response to taking the lead. Retreated instead of staying on the front foot, allowing Gillingham to dictate since then. Morris and Holohan not at the races

Much better the last few minutes.
Posted by: chaos33, September 13, 2022, 8:27pm; Reply: 37
We’ve got Green and Hunt if those two don’t raise their game. They’ll know they could be hooked, so let’s hope they up it.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 13, 2022, 8:28pm; Reply: 38
Gillingham have pressed well, Holohan and Morris have struggled with it. They're causing us lots of issues from set pieces, although I thought Crocombe took one in the face before their goal.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 13, 2022, 8:32pm; Reply: 39
It's absolutely dead, people aren't even clapping when we do something good. Very odd vibe.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 13, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 40
I still think we’ll win but Morris, Holohan, Clifton and Efete have been absolutely dreadful.

Feel for Richardson, he’s yet to receive one pass that matches his own endeavor.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 8:37pm; Reply: 41

HT...1-1

Didn't see much wrong with their disallowed goal if I'm honest.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 13, 2022, 8:38pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Chrisblor
It's absolutely dead, people aren't even clapping when we do something good. Very odd vibe.

Certainly coming across that way

A very ‘bity’ game. We seem to be trying too hard with the passing and players losing their footing. Thought Richardson looks good with very good feet. Nearly 60% of the possession doesn’t tell the true story.
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 8:40pm; Reply: 43
We look average at the moment. 2nd half improvement coming up as Hursty and Doig will work their magic
Posted by: buckstown, September 13, 2022, 8:40pm; Reply: 44
Scunts losing (again)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 45
That goal has really given Gillingham a boost. Before the goal it looked like we were really going to dominate, early 1st half goal seemed to cement that idea. Gillingham equalise and we've not been the same.

Gillingham clearly have a game plan press high and force the back 4,  Holohan and Morris to play any passes quickly and under pressure (so our usual average passing has turned really poor). At the same time they're marking Harry and Kiernan out if the game so we can't get the ball wide like we usually do.

Hurst just needs to give them a kick up the bottom and we need to be more clinical with our passes and not force anything  Gillingham only look a threat when we make an individual error.
Posted by: Mariner93er, September 13, 2022, 8:42pm; Reply: 46
Not a great half but we know we have more gears whereas I'm not sure Gillingham do. Efete, Holohan and Morris all having poor games but Richardson looks very good.

Encouraging thing is, we have lots of options from the bench to change things up.
Posted by: Meza, September 13, 2022, 8:43pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Chrisblor

Is the Ponny singing like usual (part of it anyway), or is it flat cos they aren't instigating it?  just wondered as the fans have been told not to stand and its not great trying to sing sat down its just not the same passion etc.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 8:46pm; Reply: 48

We'll be alright, we're kicking towards the Ponny 2nd half.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 8:48pm; Reply: 49

I see the phantom red crosser is at it tonight.
Posted by: supertown, September 13, 2022, 8:57pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from promotion plaice

You can only do one , so there must be a few out there
Posted by: immariner, September 13, 2022, 8:58pm; Reply: 51
Fewer Town fans than we have season ticket holders there tonight. That's mad
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 8:59pm; Reply: 52
Better start by Town
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 9:03pm; Reply: 53
Crowd getting into it again.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from promotion plaice

Its a bored Scunny fan. I've had 1 tonight celebrating us scoring and on one for sayung we've started the 2nd galf better
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, September 13, 2022, 9:08pm; Reply: 55
2 goals for Desi tonight as Halifax finally get going.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, September 13, 2022, 9:10pm; Reply: 56
Crying out for a change off the bench. Too many off the pace tonight. Should see Warne and Hunt at least.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 9:13pm; Reply: 57

This could go either way.
Posted by: chaos33, September 13, 2022, 9:13pm; Reply: 58
Change badly needed.

What’s the attendance?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 9:13pm; Reply: 59
Clifton and Holohan off for me, Holohans not havibg the best of games and Harrys not in this game at all
Posted by: Spidey, September 13, 2022, 9:13pm; Reply: 60
Gills all over us, make a bloody substitution Hurst!!
Posted by: buckstown, September 13, 2022, 9:15pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from chaos33
Change badly needed.

What’s the attendance?

5960 I think
Posted by: Kris2, September 13, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 62
Both sides look tired and out of ideas, really need some fresh legs on and a new approach to put this game to bed. It's all been a bit boring the last 10 minutes.
Posted by: TAGG, September 13, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 63
Kieran and Efeti are dog
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 13, 2022, 9:33pm; Reply: 64
Refs a fu(king joke
Posted by: Morris Minor, September 13, 2022, 9:35pm; Reply: 65
Here we go.
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Refs a fu(king joke

O no he's not, jokes are funny and he's not, he's sh!t

Posted by: Morris Minor, September 13, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 67
Come on Town, final push!
Posted by: Kris2, September 13, 2022, 9:37pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Refs a fu(king joke

He's the only reason we aren't losing after disallowing two goals for them.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 13, 2022, 9:39pm; Reply: 69
Saved by the ref.
Posted by: grimps, September 13, 2022, 9:40pm; Reply: 70
Well that wasn’t much fun to watch .
I wish Hursty would let them off the leash a bit more at home and maybe make a few subs earlier
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 13, 2022, 9:40pm; Reply: 71
Utterly dire that. Too many passengers and none of the subs offered anything in their short time on the pitch.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, September 13, 2022, 9:41pm; Reply: 72
Long time since I've seen such poor passing from us.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 13, 2022, 9:41pm; Reply: 73

FT....1-1

Just shows how far we have come when we are disappointed with a draw against an established League One team last season.
Posted by: lukeo, September 13, 2022, 9:43pm; Reply: 74
Very poor performance but 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 lose after 7 games is a great start back in the league. I'm annoyed I spent £10 to watch online, feel sorry for those who went and sat in the cold
Posted by: DB, September 13, 2022, 9:44pm; Reply: 75
The good news is we are still on an unbeaten run. The bad news is that we weren't good tonight, so we move on to Colchester on Saturday who also drew 1-1 tonight.
Posted by: carrot top, September 13, 2022, 9:46pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Long time since I've seen such poor passing from us.

Don’t know why you got a red x for that as I agree,the passing was awful tonight
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 13, 2022, 9:46pm; Reply: 77
That was shite.

I said last week that playing wingers who’s primary job appears to be to defend will work some weeks and won’t others, today it didn’t. Dreadful final ball from every single player on the pitch.

I’d be putting Cropper in, his throw alone will offer more than Efete will IMO.

At least we didn’t lose but we can’t afford to keep being this poor at home, it’s an away teams dream watching us offer so little going forward.
Posted by: Kris2, September 13, 2022, 9:48pm; Reply: 78
Very boring game, second half slowed to a crawl and when we got subs on we never seemed to get hold of the ball except a couple of half chances that had nobody to finish it. Gillingham will feel hard done by after having two goals written off for questionable decisions, we were just not good enough tonight. Having Saturday off seems to have done the team no favours in creating morale and energy for a game, after taking an early lead they took their foot off the gas and let them back in it then never really got going again.

Can probably write it off as an off day and hope they can deliver in the next game.
Posted by: Badger57, September 13, 2022, 9:50pm; Reply: 79
Well, after the euphoria of the Newport game that had us all excited and purring we had a real dogs non performance that had us all snoring. Don't think we could have complained if Gillingham nicked it which looked increasingly likely as full time approached. Can't even say that the Gills came to shut up shop because they didn't. Pluses were Richardson first half, Kiernan's work and skill rate even if he seems to be very Sousa like in his ability to not get it quite right most of the time. And Hunt's cameo which did help create a good chance. Other than that quite, quite uninspiring.
Oh well. Another point and another game undefeated... Just!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 13, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 80
Crap game and poor performance but 6 unbeaten, just outside the play offs and 5 points ahead of title favourites Stockport with a game in hand. It was disappointing tonight especially after a good start but lots of reasons to be positive still.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 13, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 81
Pretty poor. Noone stood out. Smith MOM again

Frustrating. Subs didnt do anything when they came on but feel they should have been on earlier
Posted by: chaos33, September 13, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 82
Those 5 or so players who didn’t make the squad will all have cause to speak to the manager and ask ‘when do I get my chance’? as there were many players below par. On the plus side - another point, unbeaten at home, good league position and haven’t lost despite the flat/lacklustre performance.
Posted by: lee65, September 13, 2022, 10:00pm; Reply: 83
Watched on Mariners player

Think we were lucky Gills second goal disallowed, but the other one was offside.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 13, 2022, 10:08pm; Reply: 84
Credit to Gillingham, they got on top of the midfield and closed down our options very quickly while finding space down the channels on the counter.

But we were as poor as I've seen us this season, so many players just weren't at it. Glennon, Efete, Holohan, Morris and Clifton all looked slow and lethargic, Holohan in particular was very sloppy in possession.

Taylor, Richardson and Kiernan linked well at times and we still got into some promising positions. When Richardson went off, Taylor became more isolated and our threat disappeared, not sure what Hurst was thinking there.

In the end we were lucky not to lose it, so we'll take the point and hopefully improve for Saturday.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 13, 2022, 10:12pm; Reply: 85
In the end it took a howler from their keeper for us to score, something isn't right with the way we set up in an attacking sense at home. It's not as if Gills just stuck 11 men behind the ball.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, September 13, 2022, 10:22pm; Reply: 86
I'd like to have seen Orsi being brought on as sub. We did have a couple of crosses flash across the box, and if he's the natural goalscorer he's been billed as that seems to me what we are crying out for.
Posted by: sam gy, September 13, 2022, 10:23pm; Reply: 87
Yeah that was poor.

We looked lethargic in our running at times and Gills seemed to want it more. Passing was not great and we didn’t seem to find much of an attacking rhythm.

Richardson looked good with his feet but in reality barely got a kick whilst in a good position so was pretty much ineffective. Kiernan had a good game overall but final decision or ball was lacking. Holohan looked well off it and the subs did nothing of note. Taylor didn’t really get into the game and I was hoping we’d maybe try something different with Orsi coming on.

Everyone keeps banging on about it but not at least having JMD on tbe bench is plain wrong IMO. When he gets subbed on, he usually makes something happen, be it an assist or goal or at least taking on some players in good positions. No one who came on did that at all. Hurst had a real job on his hands with keeping the squad happy now.

Still, unbeaten since opening game and up there near the playoffs.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 13, 2022, 10:26pm; Reply: 88
Poor stuff, happy with a point in the end because Gills looked more likely to win it. Not sure why it took so long for PH to make a change and their number 9 should've been sent off.
Posted by: heppy88, September 13, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 89
Reminded me of Hurst mark one performance. You would have thought we were the underdogs tonight. Struggled to string any passes together after 30 minutes. Substitutions far too late to make an impact. Changes were needed at half time not with 20 minutes to go. An awful game to watch, but a point nevertheless.
Posted by: Spidey, September 13, 2022, 11:07pm; Reply: 90
A game we should have put to bed when we we're 1-0 up. I'm a Hurst fan, but he should have made his substitutions at least 5-10 minutes earlier, as prolonging it helped Gillingham grow into the game more, at a time when they started getting more possession and chances. No real standout performances for me tonight though I thought Glennon did ok, and I know he's not everyone favourite but Kiernan never gave up fighting, though he seems to do the hard things easy, and then spoils it by fluffing the easy chances. Frustrated as its a game we could have won easily.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 1:07am