Pearson
Cropper
Clifton
Amos
Pepple
JMD
Posted by: ginnywings, August 20, 2022, 2:25pm; Reply: 1
Sunny breezy day.

Just arrived at BP. Seen a few Sutton fans on seafront.

C'mon Town.
Posted by: Wedidntdidwe, August 20, 2022, 2:34pm; Reply: 2
Looks a more attacking lineup with Wearne and Kiernan out wide.
Posted by: Mariner John, August 20, 2022, 2:51pm; Reply: 3
Looking forward to this one #UTM
Posted by: devs, August 20, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 4
Has anyone got link to radio commentary please?
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from devs
Has anyone got link to radio commentary please?

BBC Radio Humberside DAB Digital radio.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 3:11pm; Reply: 6
Anyone esles MArinerTV died?
Posted by: psgmariner, August 20, 2022, 3:16pm; Reply: 7
Mine has suddenly started working after doing nowt since 2.55…

Hopefully didn’t miss much.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 3:21pm; Reply: 8
Waterfall handing out heart attacks with his back passes again  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, August 20, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 9
Mine keeps going quiet for a few seconds then kicking back in again. Nice to hear the crowd and it sounds quite full according to the commentators.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 10
Feel like we played better when we were wading through a foot of water
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 20, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 11
My iptv not working 😕
Got stevenage  Carlisle
Posted by: DB, August 20, 2022, 3:29pm; Reply: 12
Sounds like we need a water break for Hurst to get some instructions out.
Posted by: Mariner John, August 20, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 13
To many hit and hopes for my liking, definitely need to improve if we're going to get anything out of this
Posted by: davmariner, August 20, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 14
Ball not really sticking for us up top. I like Taylor but he’s not particularly effective. Yet to be convinced that his level is above National League.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 20, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 15
It’s one of those games where I feel we could do with, or at least utilise, croppers throws
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 3:34pm; Reply: 16
Bit of maguire drew magic required I think if this continues into the second half
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 3:39pm; Reply: 17
Not sure where that foul on the keeper was then, looked like he jumped over a standing Kierman and fell into his own net with the ball
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 20, 2022, 3:39pm; Reply: 18
Not sure where that foul on the keeper was then, looked like he jumped over a standing Kierman and fell into his own net with the ball

I reckon the wind was offside!

Ridiculous decision
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 3:41pm; Reply: 19

Stupid decision
Posted by: buckstown, August 20, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 20
Scunts beating Solihull 3-0. Very impressive
Posted by: Morris Minor, August 20, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 21
My iptv not working 😕
Got stevenage  Carlisle

5 feeds, 2 working, one showing Steveage!
Commentary hit and miss but picture OK
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2022, 3:45pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from buckstown
Scunts beating Solihull 3-0. Very impressive

Now 3-2

Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 3:47pm; Reply: 23
Need a bit more qualiteh in us final third
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 24

HT....0-0

(HT...Peterborough 3-0 Lincoln  8))
Posted by: Badger57, August 20, 2022, 3:52pm; Reply: 25
Wind playing havoc but still a pretty poor game so far.
Posted by: davmariner, August 20, 2022, 3:53pm; Reply: 26
Think this is where the Green further forward experiment comes to an end. Once again chasing after the game and giving the ball away in possession.
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 20, 2022, 3:53pm; Reply: 27
Not been great so far, no one really playing well and quite a few having off games. Our problem at the minute is the lack of support around Taylor. Green has been poor so far and might be worth replacing him with Pepple at some point to give us more numbers up top.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 20, 2022, 3:58pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from davmariner
Ball not really sticking for us up top. I like Taylor but he’s not particularly effective. Yet to be convinced that his level is above National League.

Yeah a man who has spent his entire career in the football league last season apart… ffs

The issue is we are too far away from him
Posted by: DB, August 20, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 29
JT and Crofty in their pre match suggested that we may be missing McAtee and that seems to be the case today. Still got 45 mins to though.
Posted by: davmariner, August 20, 2022, 4:02pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Hagrid

Yeah a man who has spent his entire career in the football league last season apart… ffs

The issue is we are too far away from him

He isn’t winning his headers or causing enough of a nuisance of himself for people to benefit from his knock downs or flick ons in the same way he was in the National League. Defenders are dealing with him with relative ease.

As I said, I like him, but so far I can see why it didn’t work for him at Newport at this level and why he needed to drop down.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from DB
JT and Crofty in their pre match suggested that we may be missing McAtee and that seems to be the case today. Still got 45 mins to though.

Even a simpleton like me could work that one out.

Posted by: supertown, August 20, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from promotion plaice

Now 3-2

Not so impressive
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 4:05pm; Reply: 33
The stats mostly seemed in our favour just think its been a poor game overall. I think we'd be better off with clifton in the centre from what ive seen and still dont get the issue with starting maguire drew
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 4:10pm; Reply: 34
We've reverted to dumb challenges giving them back possession.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 35
Yeh cant see us doing anything in this game without changes, I know were only 3 minutes into the second half haha, but just one of them, taylor looks too isolated
Posted by: buckstown, August 20, 2022, 4:13pm; Reply: 36
Mattie Pollock on the bench for Watford today. Wonder if we get some dosh when he makes his debut?
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 4:15pm; Reply: 37
A league too far for Efete.
Posted by: denni266, August 20, 2022, 4:20pm; Reply: 38
Could just be one of them off days. But if we don't buck up its Sutton that will get the point today
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 4:20pm; Reply: 39
Green's having a shocker.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 40
Someone call and ambulance Hurst has made a sub before 60mins he's clearly sick  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from denni266
Could just be one of them off days. But if we don't buck up its Sutton that will get the point today

And us  :P

Posted by: Badger57, August 20, 2022, 4:31pm; Reply: 42
Think I'd take a point at this stage. Sutton looking much more likely to win it.
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 4:35pm; Reply: 43
Have we had a shot on target?
Posted by: winghams, August 20, 2022, 4:38pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Mayaman
Have we had a shot on target?

BBC stats say 60/40 to us on possession but 0 shots on target. For what its worth.
Posted by: DB, August 20, 2022, 4:38pm; Reply: 45
Well let's hope JMD can do the trick with a goal or asst. Never say die spirit is need to get 3 points for the come back kids.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 4:38pm; Reply: 46
Wearne straight down the tunnel with someone then, not in a strop or anything more like a quick trip to the physio table
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 4:40pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from winghams

BBC stats say 60/40 to us on possession but 0 shots on target. For what its worth.

Thanks. I got in a bit late.  Not a classic. C'mon JMD!
Posted by: DB, August 20, 2022, 4:42pm; Reply: 48
Nearly for Pepple.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2022, 4:43pm; Reply: 49

Scunny 3-3 Solihull Moors

(after Scunny where 3-0 up)

Latest...Everton 0-1 Forest, just saying.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 4:43pm; Reply: 50
Good save from Suttons keeper on Pebble there
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 20, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 51
Cmon town find a goal and Dallas scores for Solihull 3 down to 3/3 :)
Posted by: Morris Minor, August 20, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 52
Scunthorpe had a 3 goal start. Now losing!
Posted by: forza ivano, August 20, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 53
Scunts throw away a 3 goal lead as the prolific Dallas equalises & Alex Reid scores Solihull's 4th

Owura Edwards scores for Ross County, and still in Scotland Rumarn Burrell nets Falkirk's third

i see Adam Campbell has scored again for Gateshead - wonder if he's worth having a look at
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 4:49pm; Reply: 54
That was definately a corner
Posted by: golfer, August 20, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from forza ivano
Scunts throw away a 3 goal lead as the prolific Dallas equalises & Alex Reid scores Solihull's 4th

Owura Edwards scores for Ross County

i see Adam Campbell has scored again for Gateshead - wonder if he's worth having a look at

Anybody is at the moment
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 20, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from davmariner

Tongue in cheek comment surely?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 57
That was definately a corner

Without a doubt, Keeper was scrambling to keep it in
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 20, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 58
The stats mostly seemed in our favour just think its been a poor game overall. I think we'd be better off with clifton in the centre from what ive seen and still dont get the issue with starting maguire drew

Think Hursty addressed this in his pre-match with Matt Dean. Basically said he’d had some really good chats with JMD and he’s aware of the work expected of him off the ball to cement a starting place. Something many have commented on. Hursty commended his abilities ‘on the ball’ but say he needs to see him take this info onboard. The way I see it this is very good management from Hursty as the onus is now on Jordan to grasp his chances when they come and show he can take advice on board… the ball is now fully in his court regarding whether he gets starts going forward or not. He knows what is required.

I really hope he can add a bit of that to his game as I think he’s class.
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 59
We could do with cropper on with all these throws
Posted by: GyMariner, August 20, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 60
To sum things up. We desperately desperately need a striker
Posted by: Badger57, August 20, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 61
Taylor has GOT to do better there!
Posted by: Hagrid, August 20, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 62
Some pathetic morons booing in the upper
Posted by: Badger57, August 20, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 63
Very poor game. Slightly better after the subs. Fair result. We all know what was missing don't we?
Posted by: DB, August 20, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 64
You have to take your chances and we didn't. A point is ok but we should have had 3. Onwards and upwards and Forest to look forward to on Tuesday.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 20, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Think Hursty addressed this in his pre-match with Matt Dean. Basically said he’d had some really good chats with JMD and he’s aware of the work expected of him off the ball to cement a starting place. Something many have commented on. Hursty commended his abilities ‘on the ball’ but say he needs to see him take this info onboard. The way I see it this is very good management from Hursty as the onus is now on Jordan to grasp his chances when they come and show he can take advice on board… the ball is now fully in his court regarding whether he gets starts going forward or not. He knows what is required.

I really hope he can add a bit of that to his game as I think he’s class.

Fair enough cant argue with that

That wasnt a great game, we had better opportunities I think, but didnt see much flow or much composure from us, just one of them days maybe. We looked really good in the first 15 minutes against carlisle, brendan keirnan looked dangerous but today hes been fairly anonymous. End of the day were missing our star player and it shows, which is understandable, whens he back?
Posted by: davmariner, August 20, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 66
Really disappointed with some of the performances. Efete, Green, Morris, Taylor, Wearne well off the pace with other players also distinctly average.
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 67
Taylor just seemed to get in everybody's way.  I assume he was frustrated and wanted to make his mark.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 20, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 68
Despite his miss, i thought pepple did well
Posted by: Poojah, August 20, 2022, 5:06pm; Reply: 69
Frustrating game to watch from afar with Town simply too profligate in front of goal in the second half.

That frustration is certainly tempered by Scunny’s 4-3 defeat at home to Solihull after being 3-0 up. Welcome to the National League relegation zone boys; make yourself comfortable, you’re here all season.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 20, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 70
Agree re Pepple created more than Taylor, but is this because we had 2 up front?
Posted by: Poojah, August 20, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Hagrid

There’s an understandable rawness about him but you can see he has ability. A goal would do him the world of good.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 20, 2022, 5:09pm; Reply: 72
Poor game. Bizarre refereeing decisions at times. Lack of quality (though boudjewin was pretty decent) on both sides.

Missing an out and out striker up front.

Couple of chances we had SHOULD have been putting away but, at least it’s a point gained
Posted by: acko338, August 20, 2022, 5:09pm; Reply: 73
A lob from Taylor whe one on one would have been the option.
McAtee would have been creaming himself today !!
Posted by: GyMariner, August 20, 2022, 5:12pm; Reply: 74
You just know Mcatee comes away from that with a hatrick
Posted by: devs, August 20, 2022, 5:12pm; Reply: 75
Always a good point when you don't play well
Posted by: WetFlannel, August 20, 2022, 5:13pm; Reply: 76
Agreed with those who see something in Pepple. Would like to see him get a start next league game. Not a finished article but creates stuff and not afraid to have a go.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, August 20, 2022, 5:18pm; Reply: 77
I thought Green played defensively well today made some good last ditch tackles and did a lot of the dirty work which was needed today.
Posted by: Mayaman, August 20, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 78
Pepple had a few rash touched but injected some energy to the game.
Posted by: pen penfras, August 20, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 79
Pepple looks like one of those frustrating players that causes loads of problems but has no end product. Should have scored last 2 games, but seems to take too long slowing down before hitting it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if he can score, he'll be  a real asset
Posted by: oochiad, August 20, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 80
Pepple was good when ho came on, shame he fluffed his lines. Lots of the team of the pace, Sutton were a big physical team with the ref behaving very strangely at times. We should have taken the three points but could have easily succumbed to a last minute killer blow like Rochdale last week. We move on…….
Posted by: wiggers, August 20, 2022, 5:51pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from GyMariner
To sum things up. We desperately desperately need a striker

Said the same but apparently there aren’t any, and as such shouldn’t expect the owners of the club to stump up the cash for one. Since when does buying a quality striker get you 3 points on a Saturday?
Posted by: chaos33, August 20, 2022, 6:00pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from wiggers

Said the same but apparently there aren’t any, and as such shouldn’t expect the owners of the club to stump up the cash for one. Since when does buying a quality striker get you 3 points on a Saturday?

Get real.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 20, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from pen penfras
Pepple looks like one of those frustrating players that causes loads of problems but has no end product. Should have scored last 2 games, but seems to take too long slowing down before hitting it. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if he can score, he'll be  a real asset

He’s 19 and everyone with half a brain knows that he’s raw and inexperienced.
Posted by: wiggers, August 20, 2022, 6:37pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He’s 19 and everyone with half a brain knows that he’s raw and inexperienced.

So why are we playing him? Oh yeah we don’t have anyone else….
Posted by: barralad, August 20, 2022, 6:37pm; Reply: 85
For what it's worth I thought it was an absorbing contest. Sutton understand what their limitations are, have a plan and stick to it. First half they pressed us to the point where we couldn't get out of our half for large periods. Second half they tired and judging by the expressions on some of their defenders faces were far happier than we were to hear the final whistle.
Clifton and Pepple both did well but once again our stars were the defence who did very well against a big side. Could be the kiss of death but I don't think we will get battered by many teams this season with our first choice back five playing.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 20, 2022, 6:44pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from barralad
For what it's worth I thought it was an absorbing contest. Sutton understand what their limitations are, have a plan and stick to it. First half they pressed us to the point where we couldn't get out of our half for large periods. Second half they tired and judging by the expressions on some of their defenders faces were far happier than we were to hear the final whistle.
Clifton and Pepple both did well but once again our stars were the defence who did very well against a big side. Could be the kiss of death but I don't think we will get battered by many teams this season with our first choice back five playing.

If the manager says it was one of the worst games he’d ever seen then I’d be inclined to agree. It’s fair to say it’s not been a terribly memorable week.
Posted by: Spidey, August 20, 2022, 7:04pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Hagrid

One thing I did notice with him was that he couldn’t continue a couple of free flowing moves when he had the ball. Instead of having a cheeky flick forward or turning quick with the ball and fleecing a defender he would just control the ball and pass it back to midfield. I guess it’ll all come with experience, but yes he did well, looked eager and didn’t shy away.
Posted by: Spidey, August 20, 2022, 7:09pm; Reply: 88
Thought Holohan was our best player today, followed by Green, who seemed to cover a lot of yards today. Effete seemed a little off today, I thought.
Posted by: easypeersy, August 21, 2022, 8:19am; Reply: 89
Would like to see Pepple starting a match.
He seems lively.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 22, 2022, 3:21pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from barralad

You're easily pleased Ian. For me it was one of the worst games I've seen at BP for quite a while.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 22, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from barralad

I don’t know if you were due compensation when that car knocked you over Barra. But if you were it wants reassessing.
You clearly received brain damage 😉

But on a serious note. Football is all about opinions and that’s the beauty of it. You saw one game, I saw another. I’ve had some fantastic post game discussions (normally fuelled by alcohol) and long may it continue.  I look forward to a heated debate about how we need to adapt when playing in Europe 😀
UTM
Posted by: DB, August 22, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from Civvy at last

I don’t know if you were due compensation when that car knocked you over Barra. But if you were it wants reassessing.
You clearly received brain damage 😉

But on a serious note. Football is all about opinions and that’s the beauty of it. You saw one game, I saw another. I’ve had some fantastic post game discussions (normally fuelled by alcohol) and long may it continue.  I look forward to a heated debate about how we need to adapt when playing in Europe 😀
UTM

Bloody hell, I'm positive and optimistic but playing in Europe.

Posted by: chaos33, August 22, 2022, 5:53pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Les Brechin

You're easily pleased Ian. For me it was one of the worst games I've seen at BP for quite a while.

Game of attrition and tactics and physicality. Think some may have underestimated the standard in L2.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:35am