Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 18, 2022, 3:36pm
A bit late with this one but just noticed that Matty Dawson, who was a regular poster on here died yesterday in 2011. I can't believe it's 11 years ago.

It was the day after we'd been spanked at Braintree, so that will have been his last memory of Town sadly, and I was in hospital having had one of the ops on my brain tumour. I'm not ashamed to admit that when I heard the news that Matty had died it brought a tear to my eye and it just happened at the time that the doctors were doing their early morning rounds and I had to quickly compose myself.

Matty was a great lad and is sadly missed.

RIP Matty.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 18, 2022, 3:42pm; Reply: 1
Yeah, he was a good lad, always had a positive outlook on life, despite his illness.  I didn't know him for very long, but he always stopped for a chat when I bumped into him in the Imp.

RIP :(
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 19, 2022, 9:44am; Reply: 2
I remember this well, I chatted with him quite a lot when I first moved to the area.

So sad, and so young (icon_sad) I got a signed Darlo shirt done for him and handed it to his parents during the game vs you guys in August 2011.

RIP Matty.
Posted by: bradzmilne, August 19, 2022, 10:08am; Reply: 3
RIP Matty.

A really lovely lad who was Town mad.

Equally, can't believe it was 11 years ago.
Posted by: FishFan101, August 19, 2022, 11:02am; Reply: 4
Always remember him from my battle bus days, seemed a lovely lad and time has absolutely flown. RIP Matt
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 3:09am