Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Misterton Mariner, August 11, 2022, 2:52pm
No more classified results on 5 Live
One of the things we learned as young football fans back in the day was the ability to predict the outcome of a game just from the tone of voice and tempo used in reading our the home team's name !
GRIMSBY TOWN 3, carlisle United 0.  
Oh and who can forget the music that introduced the programme bang on 5 o'clock.
It was always a race to listen to that tune when getting back to the car !
Posted by: Brazilnut, August 11, 2022, 2:55pm; Reply: 1
There has already been calls to bring it back ....let this gain momentum and you never know
Posted by: It Bites, August 11, 2022, 3:30pm; Reply: 2
I wondered why they didn't have it on Saturday?. The lady that did it had got the JAG tone in her voice just right .
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 11, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 3
Game's gone.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 11, 2022, 3:59pm; Reply: 4
Its nice when you are back to the car after a game and driving to have the scores read out to you but I guess many now get the live scores / results from an app. A sign of the times...
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 11, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 5
James Alexander Gordon. A person nobody would know by sight but knew their voice instantly.
Posted by: lukeo, August 11, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 6
How? Why? That is bizarre as it was listened to by literally millions leaving football on a Saturday afternoon
You illegitimates have got the tune in my head now
Posted by: moosey_club, August 11, 2022, 6:07pm; Reply: 7
Likely that the BBC couldnt find a non binary pan sexual alien with a disability and speech impediment to employ to read it so have cancelled it for fear of public outcry if a suitable man got the job.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 11, 2022, 6:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
Likely that the BBC couldnt find a non binary pan sexual alien with a disability and speech impediment to employ to read it so have cancelled it for fear of public outcry if a suitable man got the job.

Leave me out of this.
Posted by: Maringer, August 11, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 9
It's because they have made the programme shorter and want to have more coverage of the 5.30pm match (which very few people care about). Change for change's sake. Obviously the wrong decision, but there you go. They will try and modernise anything if they can.
Posted by: Humbercod, August 11, 2022, 6:25pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

Totally out of touch!

It’s person not man😂
Posted by: barralad, August 11, 2022, 7:58pm; Reply: 11
As has already been said it has been part of the journey home from home or away games. Presumably they don't want car drivers looking at their phone apps etc?
On a more serious note there will be partially sighted or blind people who rely on radio to find out how their team has got on.
Poor decision...
Posted by: scrumble, August 11, 2022, 8:40pm; Reply: 12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMcjbmniC8
Posted by: HerveJosse, August 11, 2022, 8:51pm; Reply: 13
BBC clueless.
No longer need carrier pudge on to get the results so if 5 minutes is critical start at 4.55.
Problem solved.
Posted by: Withnail, August 11, 2022, 9:24pm; Reply: 14
Premier League obsession unfortunately.

All down to numbers.
Posted by: conscorner, August 11, 2022, 11:21pm; Reply: 15
Next to go will be the shipping forecast
Posted by: Mayaman, August 12, 2022, 5:46pm; Reply: 16
Back to the car , heater on,  radio on - evidently not anymore.
Posted by: Squinter, August 12, 2022, 6:57pm; Reply: 17
Right at the start to the film 'Threads' Rhys Dinsdale is sat in his car listening to the footy results on the radio, if I remember rightly we beat Huddersfield !!
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 12:44am