Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 10, 2022, 2:34pm
https://youtu.be/u9f0GLA1B0I
Thought the almost 100 Crewe fans was amazing support
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, August 10, 2022, 2:40pm; Reply: 1
As my brother texted me after the game - Who Alexandra?
Posted by: TonySmith, August 10, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 2
I know we'd have taken more over there if the tie had been at Crewe, but it's still good to acknowledge the supporters who trailed across the country on a Tuesday night for a first round cup game. As a matter of interest, how many do people think would have gone over to Crewe for this game?
Posted by: AussieMariner, August 10, 2022, 5:25pm; Reply: 3
He seems to think it was all down to set pieces
The fact we completely dominated and outplayed them apparently doesn’t count for anything
Posted by: pen penfras, August 10, 2022, 5:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from AussieMariner
The fact we completely dominated and outplayed them apparently doesn’t count for anything

He said they were poor all over, but the goals all came from set pieces and that's what they've been trying to focus on. Seems fair enough
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 10, 2022, 5:38pm; Reply: 5
2nd and forth goal set pieces ? We really planned on their keeper punching to our midfielder and we planned to wait until they duffed a corner and four touches later in the other net some set piece  I would call them opportunist goals
Posted by: immariner, August 10, 2022, 5:46pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from TonySmith
I know we'd have taken more over there if the tie had been at Crewe, but it's still good to acknowledge the supporters who trailed across the country on a Tuesday night for a first round cup game. As a matter of interest, how many do people think would have gone over to Crewe for this game?

Absolutely. I'd say 250-300. Obviously more exiles in the north west than Crewe will have east of Sheffield
Posted by: MrsMariner, August 11, 2022, 11:14am; Reply: 7
Quoted from AussieMariner

He's not far wrong especially as the 4th was from their set piece
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 11, 2022, 11:31am; Reply: 8
Going through the goals, watch the work Green does to keep the two defenders away from Waterfall for the first.

The second came from a set piece, keeper punched the free kick straight to Green.

I thought Smith's goal was terrible from their point. It was a brilliant ball in from Glennon at the free kick but their keeper was far too hesitant, he started to come and then started back pedaling.

The fourth was a brilliant counter attack from their corner.

I think all 4 were set piece goals, it doesn't matter that the fourth came from their set piece, they've still not defended it well enough.
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 11, 2022, 1:32pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Going through the goals, watch the work Green does to keep the two defenders away from Waterfall for the first.

The second came from a set piece, keeper punched the free kick straight to Green.

I thought Smith's goal was terrible from their point. It was a brilliant ball in from Glennon at the free kick but their keeper was far too hesitant, he started to come and then started back pedaling.

The fourth was a brilliant counter attack from their corner.

I think all 4 were set piece goals, it doesn't matter that the fourth came from their set piece, they've still not defended it well enough.

The 4th is not a set piece goal imo. It’s a counter attack goal.

In theory, if that is a set piece goal then every goal is a set piece goal as it must have started from a set piece (unless the score straight from the kick off)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 11, 2022, 2:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Posh Harry

The 4th is not a set piece goal imo. It’s a counter attack goal.

In theory, if that is a set piece goal then every goal is a set piece goal as it must have started from a set piece (unless the score straight from the kick off)

It still comes down to them not defending their own set piece well enough so as far as their manager is concerned I think it is. Yes it was a counter attack and a brilliant one at that but I would be expecting my defender to foul Kiernan at the first opportunity and "take one for the team" so to speak. It hit the net 18 seconds after they took the corner!

If there was a bit more of a battle in midfield, their defenders got back into position and they then over-committed going forward and we hit them on the counter, I wouldn't be saying that had anything to do with the set-piece however many minutes ago but their defending of the counter-attack is directly linked to the corner 18 seconds previously.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, August 11, 2022, 2:36pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It still comes down to them not defending their own set piece well enough so as far as their manager is concerned I think it is. Yes it was a counter attack and a brilliant one at that but I would be expecting my defender to foul Kiernan at the first opportunity and "take one for the team" so to speak. It hit the net 18 seconds after they took the corner!

If there was a bit more of a battle in midfield, their defenders got back into position and they then over-committed going forward and we hit them on the counter, I wouldn't be saying that had anything to do with the set-piece however many minutes ago but their defending of the counter-attack is directly linked to the corner 18 seconds previously.

We used to concede this kind of goal, not score them  :)
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 12:46pm