Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 6, 2022, 4:56pm

Great to get our first point on the board.

Now a chance to watch Scunny's first game on BT Sport.
Posted by: acko338, August 6, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 1
Come on Yeovil !!!!!!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 6, 2022, 5:08pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from acko338
Come on Yeovil !!!!!!!

And Chris Hargreaves.

Posted by: RonMariner, August 6, 2022, 5:15pm; Reply: 3
Rather watch my wart grow.
Posted by: bigbadmarinerbob, August 6, 2022, 5:27pm; Reply: 4
are they losing yet?
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 6, 2022, 6:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from bigbadmarinerbob
are they losing yet?

Winning 1-0 one Andrew Boyce scored
Posted by: RonMariner, August 6, 2022, 6:06pm; Reply: 6
They must be thinking how easy the NL is.......
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 6, 2022, 6:51pm; Reply: 7
I remember beating Crawley that first non-league game and saying we'd bounce right back....

Good luck to them!
Posted by: marinerfrank, August 6, 2022, 7:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from RonMariner
Rather watch my wart grow.

I would also rather watch Ron's wart grow
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, August 6, 2022, 8:16pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I remember beating Crawley that first non-league game and saying we'd bounce right back....

Good luck to them!

Me too *shudder*

Posted by: fishboyUTM, August 6, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 10
Scunny were okay, but how bad were Yeovil? The had no legs in the team at all. The game was played at a snails pace. That second goal, Butterfield strolled with the ball from midfield with nobody tracking him, centre backs retreating and begging him to whack it in the net. Dreadful, that won't be the standard every week.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 6, 2022, 9:23pm; Reply: 11
They won....3 points...shite game.....shite crowd and atmosphere with what looked like 50 Yeovil supporters in attendance. Long season for them which I hope and pray ends in failure.
Posted by: FPVmariner, August 6, 2022, 10:36pm; Reply: 12
I don’t get this, who gives a fûck how national league cûntthorpe are doing.  Some of you are fûcking obsessed.
Posted by: lukeo, August 7, 2022, 8:45am; Reply: 13
Quoted from FPVmariner
I don’t get this, who gives a fûck how national league cûntthorpe are doing.  Some of you are fûcking obsessed.

Not obsessed to curious and observant.

I don't post on here about them but I 'follow' several teams for different reasons. I've only ever supported one though.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 7, 2022, 9:21am; Reply: 14
Quoted from FPVmariner

I know what you mean, some posters just seem to want to see the Scunts totally down and out.  It's understandable to some degree because of the stick we got from some Scunt fans when they were riding high and we were at rock bottom. There was some serious gloating that is hard to forget. So the boot is on the other foot now.

As much as anything I think it was so frustrating to see a smaller local club doing so well while our owner was grinding our club into the dirt. They showed us what was possible if a club was well run I'm not talking about Swann, who has been a disaster for them, but the previous guy Wharburton.

Part of me thinks that if the Scunts bounced straight back into L2, it would to some extent devalue what was an incredible achievement by us last season. So i hope they stay down there for a while.    
Posted by: tashee69, August 7, 2022, 9:59am; Reply: 15
Quoted from FPVmariner

Perhaps some of us just love the game of football, be it premier league, non league or Sunday league.
Posted by: exiledmeggie, August 7, 2022, 11:15am; Reply: 16
Good to see lots of empty seats at Glumford Park!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 7, 2022, 11:47am; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club
They won....3 points...shite game.....shite crowd and atmosphere with what looked like 50 Yeovil supporters in attendance. Long season for them which I hope and pray ends in failure.

Fair play to the away support. Hell of a trek that not getting back til very late.

I’ve more respect for them than the pitiful following of Northampton.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 7, 2022, 2:45pm; Reply: 18
Absolutely criminal how Butterfield was allowed to run half the pitch unchallenged before smashing it into the top corner. Chris Hargreaves will be back with his pals at BT if his team defend like that regularly.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, August 7, 2022, 7:41pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from FPVmariner

Totally agree, this and the Wrexham obsession is embarrassing
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 7, 2022, 7:48pm; Reply: 20
It’s all football, I think your allowed to whatch,comment on other clubs, it broadens the mind.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, August 7, 2022, 8:17pm; Reply: 21
Of course if it's Liverpool or Man. Utd. then thats OK
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, August 7, 2022, 8:18pm; Reply: 22
Of course if it's Liverpool or Man. Utd. then thats OK

That’s even worse
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 1:18am