Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Barrattstander, July 5, 2022, 1:58pm
Unpopular owner/chairman Jason McGill has sold his shares in York City to The York City Supporters Trust today.

[tweet]1544300385002991616[/tweet]
Posted by: ginnywings, July 5, 2022, 2:15pm; Reply: 1
Fans running a football club; whatever next?
Posted by: heppy88, July 5, 2022, 2:30pm; Reply: 2
Hope everything works out how they want it to. A few years ago I would have backed any scheme (including fan ownership) to get the club out of Fenty's stranglehold. But not now. I feel we are in great hands and looking forward to a great future!
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 5, 2022, 2:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from heppy88
Hope everything works out how they want it to. A few years ago I would have backed any scheme (including fan ownership) to get the club out of Fenty's stranglehold. But not now. I feel we are in great hands and looking forward to a great future!

It didn't go too well for Wrexham when many of their fans turned on the Trust.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, July 5, 2022, 3:04pm; Reply: 4
I wish York well.

It was sad to see them fall so far. Nice place to visit and never had any issues with their fans. And there seems to be a growing contingent of ex Mariners in their squad
Posted by: It Bites, July 5, 2022, 4:17pm; Reply: 5
If our fans are a reflection of some of characters on here I'd rather we stay as we are .......
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 5, 2022, 4:18pm; Reply: 6
This post is irrelevant we have 2 guys running the club for the benefit of the fans and the community , our trust can help but we have proper people now at the helm and I couldn’t be fooking happier
Posted by: Kris2, July 5, 2022, 4:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from It Bites
If our fans are a reflection of some of characters on here I'd rather we stay as we are .......

If they were a reflection on yourself then we'd just keep making endless promises that we can't keep.  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 5, 2022, 5:23pm; Reply: 8
We are owned by supporters anyway aren’t we? Jason & Andrew seem like they had form on this before they bought shares.
Posted by: Barrattstander, July 5, 2022, 5:32pm; Reply: 9
And the Trust have immediately sold 51% of the shares to businessman Glen Henderson in a 'partnership'.......not quite the fan ownership the supporters were probably envisaging.
Posted by: codcheeky, July 5, 2022, 5:35pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We are owned by supporters anyway aren’t we? Jason & Andrew seem like they had form on this before they bought shares.

Fenty was a supporter too, being a supporter does not necessarily make you the best person to run a club.
Posted by: GrimPol, July 5, 2022, 6:56pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

It didn't go too well for Wrexham when many of their fans turned on the Trust.

Fans always back the "board" when things are going great, but when results go down, then the test begins.
Reminds me of Jack Hayward (a lifelong supporter) who bought Wolves FC when it got into dire straights, ran it for 17 years, spent £70 million of his money, and built them a new stadium.
It finished off with fans spitting on him and threatening him.

Who would want to run a football club?
Posted by: aldi_01, July 6, 2022, 6:20am; Reply: 12
Quoted from codcheeky

Fenty was a supporter too, being a supporter does not necessarily make you the best person to run a club.

‘Supporter’
Posted by: DB, July 6, 2022, 6:39am; Reply: 13
Quoted from aldi_01

‘Supporter’

Does anybody know how much more is needed before he's paid off? I for one will be pleased when he's paid and his hands out of the till.

Posted by: aldi_01, July 6, 2022, 6:57am; Reply: 14
Quoted from DB

Does anybody know how much more is needed before he's paid off? I for one will be pleased when he's paid and his hands out of the till.

Too much, although I always wondered if he’s get enough to pay off whatever agreement he had with the tax man and then cut his losses give some of the stuff that’s needed doing that should’ve been done prior to him leaving…then I remember he’s an idiot and will want it all so probably a few quid to go yet…being a huge town fan I’m hope he’s purchased his season ticket already, wouldn’t want him to miss out on what could be a golden era for the club…
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 6, 2022, 7:37am; Reply: 15
Quoted from codcheeky

I agree and owning one doesn’t either.
Posted by: mariner83, July 6, 2022, 9:12am; Reply: 16
Quoted from codcheeky

Who doesn't even like football allegedly
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 5:00am