Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 1, 2022, 9:41pm

Going on the fact that we have sold over 4,500 season tickets so far (I think) we should be well up there in the average League Two home attendances this coming season.

League Two average home attendances last season....

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-two-2021-2022/1/
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 1, 2022, 10:10pm; Reply: 1
Don’t forget though that a large percentage of the new ST sales could already be regulars, so it might not increase the gate pro rata.

I can’t see us averaging much over 5.5 to 5.8k
Which is still excellent of course and would still put us comfortably in the top six attendances.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 1, 2022, 10:24pm; Reply: 2

Just noticed you haven't got a "Gold Star" yet Tommy, I'm not having that.
Posted by: lukeo, July 1, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 3
I think we will average around 6k if we're doing OK - good. 500 tickets on average each game with 5,500 STs is my guess
Posted by: mimma, July 1, 2022, 10:32pm; Reply: 4
bigger away followings will increase our average quite considerably.
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 1, 2022, 10:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just noticed you haven't got a "Gold Star" yet Tommy, I'm not having that.

I don’t know what that means ?
Posted by: codcheeky, July 1, 2022, 11:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from lukeo
I think we will average around 6k if we're doing OK - good. 500 tickets on average each game with 5,500 STs is my guess

Think there will be more walk ups than this, especially if we start well. Also we are go into have a lot more away fans. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Northampton sell out the away end first game
Posted by: forza ivano, July 2, 2022, 12:00am; Reply: 7
Quoted from mimma
bigger away followings will increase our average quite considerably.

i worked out that it'd be c. 250 extra on average
Posted by: Norseman, July 2, 2022, 12:03am; Reply: 8
Quoted from mariner tommy
Don’t forget though that a large percentage of the new ST sales could already be regulars, so it might not increase the gate pro rata.

I can’t see us averaging much over 5.5 to 5.8k
Which is still excellent of course and would still put us comfortably in the top six attendances.

Think we averaged about 5500 last year with 3200 ST holders So if all renew I think we will have more than 5000 ST holders ,plus walk ins plus bigger away crowds .So I think our average will be 6500 to 7000
Posted by: DB, July 2, 2022, 5:37am; Reply: 9
Allowing for sunny Saturdays and cold Tuesday nights I think the average will be between 6,000 and 6,500
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 2, 2022, 8:02am; Reply: 10
Quoted from DB
Allowing for sunny Saturdays and cold Tuesday nights I think the average will be between 6,000 and 6,500

If we are doing well, if there is ST buy back operation and if part of the Osmond is open to home fans for most game, we will be at circa 7k; 6.5k home fans and average circa 500 away. Alot of ifs there, but we averaged 2k home walk-ups last season, unless our form is dire the only reason we won't average at least 1500 home walk-ups this season is lack of availability.

Posted by: DB, July 2, 2022, 9:15am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

If we are doing well, if there is ST buy back operation and if part of the Osmond is open to home fans for most game, we will be at circa 7k; 6.5k home fans and average circa 500 away. Alot of ifs there, but we averaged 2k home walk-ups last season, unless our form is dire the only reason we won't average at least 1500 home walk-ups this season is lack of availability.

But surely some of last season's walk-ups have now bought season tickets, which may reduce the walk-ups this season. I'm not being negative but I think it is a fair point to consider. Of course, the promotion may get a few more fans, old and new, back to BP as walk-ups.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 2, 2022, 10:50am; Reply: 12
Quoted from DB

But surely some of last season's walk-ups have now bought season tickets, which may reduce the walk-ups this season. I'm not being negative but I think it is a fair point to consider. Of course, the promotion may get a few more fans, old and new, back to BP as walk-ups.

No doubt, but we'll get new walk-ups and, probably more significantly, shift workers / exiles who go more this season than last. Even in our darkest times we averaged 1000 walk-ups.

Posted by: oochiad, July 2, 2022, 11:18am; Reply: 13
Our normal walk ups when we’re doing well will now be our new season ticket holders I would imagine.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 2, 2022, 12:18pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from oochiad
Our normal walk ups when we’re doing well will now be our new season ticket holders I would imagine.

Not just when we are doing well. Regulars like myself and my brother, who didn't waver when times were bad, but didn't buy a season ticket, have gone back to having one.

I know a few fans like that, who swore they were giving up, didn't commit to a season ticket, but kept on going anyway as they couldn't keep away. It was a sort of half ar$ed protest, pretending to yourself that you were withdrawing your support, but ending up putting more money into the club over the season by purchasing full priced tickets every game anyway; all the time hoping that things would get better on and off the pitch and buying a season ticket again would be the norm.

It just makes more sense to have a ST now, with the club being run competently and us finding it increasingly difficult to get seats where we wanted them last season. It was never a problem previously, as you could rock up at the ticket office 10 mins before the game and buy your seat of choice.

We are now back in our regular spot more or less, along with one or two others who have gone down the same route.
Posted by: lukeo, July 2, 2022, 3:47pm; Reply: 15
I'll be very suprised if we don't sell out the home end for the first few games on the season..
Depending on results I can't see why we won't continue it throughout if we've hit the ground running.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 3, 2022, 10:05am; Reply: 16
It certainly looks like we should be in the top 6 or 7 in the division attendance wise.

Interesting that Northampton only managed just over 5k despite being close to automatic promotion. Makes you wonder how they can afford the allegedly high wages for Fox that we just could not complete with. Hardly seems a sustainable model. These things tend not to end well.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 3, 2022, 10:11am; Reply: 17
Quoted from RonMariner
It certainly looks like we should be in the top 6 or 7 in the division attendance wise.

Interesting that Northampton only managed just over 5k despite being close to automatic promotion. Makes you wonder how they can afford the allegedly high wages for Fox that we just could not complete with. Hardly seems a sustainable model. These things tend not to end well.

Haven’t they a wealthy benefactor like Stockport, Salford etc? Cried size isn’t necessarily a reflection of where you should of shouldn’t be, nor does the inflated wages show a sign things won’t end well. I’d imagine they’ll want to push on and go up this year.

Our first home game will be hard no doubt, momentum could carry us…

I’d imagine our average home crowd to hover around 6k every game…
Posted by: RonMariner, July 3, 2022, 10:30am; Reply: 18
Quoted from aldi_01

Haven’t they a wealthy benefactor like Stockport, Salford etc? Cried size isn’t necessarily a reflection of where you should of shouldn’t be, nor does the inflated wages show a sign things won’t end well. I’d imagine they’ll want to push on and go up this year.

Our first home game will be hard no doubt, momentum could carry us…

I’d imagine our average home crowd to hover around 6k every game…

The problem comes when the wealthy benefactor gets bored with pumping cash in year after year. Ask any Scunts fan, or Rusden and Diamonds or Derby or many others.

Sensible investment is one thing, but sustainability has to come into it in the long term.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 3, 2022, 10:50am; Reply: 19
I agree with ginnywings.  We will have very good attendances.  

There is evidence that “buy a ticket on the day” fans have converted to buying season tickets.  The only way to ensure you get a seat, or 2 seats together.   (My mate and I have also bought season tickets for the first time in 30 years). As exiles night games are difficult so a season ticket was not good value before.

I suspect that the increase in STHs includes a lot of fans who go to most games anyway, but not STHs before.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 4, 2022, 12:56pm; Reply: 20
I note that this thread is titled 'League 2 Average Home Attendances'.

Scunthorpe Utd no longer play in EFL League 2. They play in the National League.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 4, 2022, 3:04pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from RonMariner

Were was it said that we could not complete with Northampton's wage offer, location was probably the biggest factor.
Posted by: Poojah, July 4, 2022, 3:08pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Were was it said that we could not complete with Northampton's wage offer, location was probably the biggest factor.

I think you're probably right; Danny Hylton won't be on tuppence there mind, so it's possible it was a combination of geography and money that sealed the deal for Fox.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 4, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Well Paul Hurst said this:-

"We offered Ben a good contract to stay at the football club, however he has chosen to leave and take up another option on significantly better terms."

Sounds like more money to me.
Posted by: rancido, July 4, 2022, 4:32pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from RonMariner

Maybe it's not a case of competing with Northamptons wage for Fox and more a case of PH not thinking he was worth what they were prepared to pay?
Posted by: RonMariner, July 4, 2022, 5:58pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from rancido

Maybe it's not a case of competing with Northamptons wage for Fox and more a case of PH not thinking he was worth what they were prepared to pay?

Yes, that is certainly possible. Especially if the rumours about 5k a week are true.
Posted by: tashee69, July 4, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 26
I note that this thread is titled 'League 2 Average Home Attendances'.

Scunthorpe Utd no longer play in EFL League 2. They play in the National League.

Yes, but it is a league 2 average home attendance for last season. It would not be a league 2 average if Grimsby were in there, as our attendances were for non league.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 4:44am