Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, June 30, 2022, 10:52pm
For an undisclosed fee.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/20222/june/omar-bogle-is-an-exile/
Posted by: ginnywings, June 30, 2022, 11:04pm; Reply: 1
He must really like welcome photos and speeches.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 30, 2022, 11:13pm; Reply: 2
Journeyman
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 30, 2022, 11:18pm; Reply: 3

Goal scoring record not great after Solihull and us, thanks for the memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Bogle
Posted by: petethemariner, June 30, 2022, 11:55pm; Reply: 4
The man has come across as a bit of a prima donna over the last 2 or 3 years, which is probably why so many previous clubs are all too willing to get rid of him, he might do ok at Nerwport, but i would not bet on it, his best ays are behind him, he would not fit into the current mentality at GTFC anyway. He previously served us well, but personally i couldnt give a toss where he ends up.
Posted by: Kris2, July 1, 2022, 12:52am; Reply: 5
Probably scoring against us then.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 1, 2022, 6:08am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Belfast Town

Look, you’ve been on the Fishy long enough to know how to title a new thread when Omar Bogle moves clubs.

You should have titled it “OMAR BOGLE SIGNS…” and then started the post with “… for Newport County”.

Please remember this when Newport offload him in January.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 1, 2022, 6:13am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
He must really like welcome photos and speeches.

And signing fees
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, July 1, 2022, 6:49am; Reply: 8
Don’t get me wrong I’d never understate or down play what Omar did for us when he was here, he will always have my respect for that. Even when he left, I can’t blame him for it. Wigan were a former Premier League team and perhaps still had the ability to get back there at some point.

A year or 2 years ago I’d have winced and been deflated seeing the news that he’s joined a team in our League (and let’s face it recent success and league standing aside a smaller club), but when it’s all said and done there isn’t too much to be disappointed about now. Over the last 2 years he’s fell from Cardiff City and a loan spell playing in the Eredivisie for ADO Den Haag, all the way down to League Two. During that time he’s rejected our advances twice, once under Holloway and again with Hursty last season. Over the last two year, he’s had his big (ish) London move to Charlton and flopped so bad they shipped him out mid season to Doncaster where he is famous for not scoring and being exiled and forced to train with the kids. He’s then been pushed out to Hartlepool where despite a minor renaissance he’s up and gone again.

I know there will be some fans asking (probably a minority now) why didn’t he come back here if he’s in League Two, but in all honesty I strongly doubt Hurst would have been in for him again, and as well all his little Instagram quips and the Video he made at Donny and all other little bits of noise he’s made coupled with rejecting Town last season has probably pushed him back from being considered again.

Just my thoughts on the matter
Posted by: aldi_01, July 1, 2022, 6:57am; Reply: 9
I suspect he’s making a tidy sum through signing on fees but sadly, a bloke with a lot of potential has probably seen his career evolve in to that of bang average journeyman.

Perhaps it is the management style of Hurst he thrives on but I don’t think we’ll see Hursty be interested anymore.

I don’t believe his move to Wigan was a good one. Perhaps financially and obviously Fenty messed his tighty whiteys when that offer landed but in the end it was excrement for everyone and Bogles career has been average at best ever since…
Posted by: Mariner_501, July 1, 2022, 7:59am; Reply: 10
Not the character Hurst wants I feel and I don’t blame him
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 1, 2022, 8:04am; Reply: 11
An agents dream since he left us and nothing more.
Posted by: WelwynGardener, July 1, 2022, 8:37am; Reply: 12
How many different shirts in his showreel?
Posted by: topuphere666, July 1, 2022, 8:50am; Reply: 13
Quite sad that his career - on the pitch at least- has taken a massive nosedive when it had so much potential. He’ll have bagged some mega cash in the last 6 years, signing on fees alone will see him through a while! Career wise, financially the lads done very good.

He was sensational for us in the conference and first half of our league return, quite rightly got his ‘big’ move - if you can call Wigan that but at the time they were recently in the prem.

It says more about the player than the club(s) when so many have moved him on so quick.

He’s definitely a player that needs to be loved - similar to Nolan and possible McAtee - something Hurst is bloody excellent at!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 1, 2022, 11:55am; Reply: 14
??)
Quoted from Kris2
Probably scoring against us then.

Guarantee it  ??)
Posted by: RichMariner, July 1, 2022, 12:08pm; Reply: 15
Wasn't there a rumour from when he was at Charlton that he might quit football altogether?

I mean, having seen what he's done since then, it makes you wonder with hindsight whether he gave up then but kept going for all the signing-on fees.

He's lucky he keeps getting moves because if I were a Newport fan I'd be curious to know why I thought he'd turn it on at County when he's done pretty much nothing at every club since leaving us.

And that's a lot of clubs. Makes you wonder what his agent says.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 1, 2022, 12:16pm; Reply: 16
There is still a decent striker in there. If he finds his shooing boots again, it's a good singing. If...
Posted by: Kris2, July 1, 2022, 1:09pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mariner_501
Not the character Hurst wants I feel and I don’t blame him

I'd imagine he's probably not pleased by getting snubbed by Bogle while he was at Doncaster, a club that didn't want him and was doing everything they could to make him leave in January. Signed for Hartlepool eventually and despite starting well there he's ended up at another club in the summer which might speak to his attitude more than anything.
Posted by: buckstown, July 1, 2022, 2:09pm; Reply: 18
Not suggesting he’s actually like Brodie, but everyone knew there was a player in there, it just needed love and nurturing.
Then they discover there wasn’t really and it’s all a bit too much hard work for the return
Maybe Omar just had one great season and has been dining off it ever since
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 1, 2022, 3:26pm; Reply: 19
I wonder if this one is more of a Hartlepool issue than a Bogle one. They seem to be selling every asset who might bring in a few quid so wonder if there are some financial issues?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 1, 2022, 4:11pm; Reply: 20
Bogle's a busted flush I'm afraid...I've said it before and I'll say it again, his ambition outweighs his ability.
I'm pretty sure a player only lasting 6 months into, what I believe, a 2 year deal speaks volumes, somewhere down the line managers are seeing something they don't like in him, can only be attitude in training.
Loved what he did for us and the move to Wigan was a no brainer but since then, or even at Wigan, he's been p!as poor.
Posted by: RichMariner, July 1, 2022, 5:43pm; Reply: 21
I remember when Bignot took over and found himself managing Bogle again after selling him to us...

He said something along the lines of 'You just have to let him do his thing' i.e. give him free rein to play how he wants. Make him your number 9, play him every game (when fit) and don't over-coach him.

If any of those three are missing then I don't think you're going to get anything from him.
Posted by: Wedidntdidwe, July 1, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 22
He's a good player in a 2 but he's not good played as a target man. A bit like podge who didn't work well in a 3 man attack but great in a front 2.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 1, 2022, 7:31pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from topuphere666

He’s definitely a player that needs to be loved - similar to Nolan and possible McAtee - something Hurst is bloody excellent at!

Even though Hurst is great at it, I bet he can only really have one player like that in his squad and if he was to have 2, it couldn't be two attacking players as the risk of fireworks going off would be too huge.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 8:58pm