Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: It Bites, June 29, 2022, 6:10pm
Signed for York city. Pleased he's got sorted and I for one will miss him . Been a great servant to the club in some dark days
Posted by: tarka, June 29, 2022, 6:18pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from It Bites
Signed for York city. Pleased he's got sorted and I for one will miss him . Been a great servant to the club in some dark days

I agree totally...good luck next season Lenny
Posted by: forza ivano, June 29, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 2
Certainly improved us when he came back in 20-21 , n will always be remembered v fondly here, still makes me smile when I think about the xmas video. Great character.am sure york fans will have similar feelings
Posted by: RonMariner, June 29, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 3
Pleased for him.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 29, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano
Certainly improved us when he came back in 20-21 , n will always be remembered v fondly here, still makes me smile when I think about the xmas video. Great character.am sure york fans will have similar feelings

Yep and a goal or two down the road will make us all smile again...

Posted by: RonMariner, June 29, 2022, 6:29pm; Reply: 5
Wouldn't be surprised to see Max Wright and Sousa end up there too.
Posted by: Poojah, June 29, 2022, 6:29pm; Reply: 6
After a period of decline, York look like a club on the up again to me. I've been critical of their new ground in the past, and I still don't like it's location or its seating pattern, but having seen it in the flesh it's a really good facility and wouldn't look out of place in League One.

Pleased for Lenny, I hope he continues where he left off in the play-offs and hits the ground running next season.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 29, 2022, 6:33pm; Reply: 7
Yeah, good luck Lenny.

Always gave it his all.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, June 29, 2022, 6:42pm; Reply: 8
Good luck to him.

He did well at York last season and good to see them as a club on the way back.
Posted by: Yoda, June 29, 2022, 7:02pm; Reply: 9
Good luck to Lenny he will be missed.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 29, 2022, 7:24pm; Reply: 10
Good Luck Lenny

A true professional
Posted by: acko338, June 29, 2022, 7:26pm; Reply: 11
Good luck to Lenny - hope he belts in a few at the end of the A1077, and in the return home game !!
Posted by: toontown, June 29, 2022, 7:31pm; Reply: 12
Yeah pleased for him, good luck to the shop, especially against scunny!
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, June 29, 2022, 8:01pm; Reply: 13
As a character. As a man. Lennie’s one of my favourite players of the mid to late Fenties.

Underrated in his first spell, he often carried the fight on his own.

We’ve had far, far better forwards but I always had a soft spot for his tireless bustle and selflessness, which was matched only by my defence of him on these boards.

His nickname, ‘The Shop’, almost a metaphor for the destruction of town centre retail. The Shop’s bricks and mortar presence outdated in a world of one-click online Bogle’s and Tshimanga’s. If you bought a revealing halter neck, wore it once and returned it with the stench of cheap perfume and bukkake, he’d greet you on the returns desk with a smile and give you a full refund. No short expiry date store credit notes with our Shop. And he pays his taxes. Crashing those shutters down at the end of the day, ignoring the scruffily daubed graffiti, with the heaviness of business rates weighing down on him like Jon Parkin’s sunken armchair…

…anyway…

Best of luck Lennie with the marriage and the Minstermen and we’ll see you in the first round of the Cup (probably).
Posted by: hampshiremariner, June 29, 2022, 8:09pm; Reply: 14
I think it gave us all a lift when he came back to us. Always been popular and I am pleased the loan move to York City has turned into a permanent move. Wish Lenny all the best.
Posted by: GhostDan, June 29, 2022, 8:21pm; Reply: 15
Love him, loved him the first time and potentially loved him more the second. One of the few players along with Giles Coke who actually gave a excrement the year we got relegated, I certainly won’t forget that.

Hope he proves a few people wrong and has a good few years with York.

UTM
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, June 29, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 16
Great servant, many memories including his dummy celebration!

Really interested to see how he does next season, with paddy mclaughlin there too, and potentially other ex town players, that makes york my fave national league side next year.   Although it's gotta be anyone except scunny Chesterfield and the Hollywood underdogs really.
Oh I nearly forgot Bromley.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 29, 2022, 9:07pm; Reply: 17
I'm in York often and will be there the odd weekend when Town are away, so if York are at home, I may just pop along and see Lenny in action.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 29, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 18
Good luck Lenny - please batter Scunny.
Posted by: male private Nale, June 30, 2022, 8:22am; Reply: 19
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Good luck Lenny - please batter Scunny.

Beautifully succinct
Posted by: Garth, June 30, 2022, 9:02am; Reply: 20
Players come and go at the club, some easily forgotten but the shop because of his name and 100% workrate is not one of those.
If he could have found a little steadyness in front of goal he would have been elevated to a legend, due to his high percentage of misses.
Good luck at York, we will watch your progress with interest
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 30, 2022, 11:02am; Reply: 21
Incredible pro and human.
Great player in his first spell, and was one of not so many bright sparks when he returned in our relegation.

One of them players that will always be welcomed back
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), June 30, 2022, 11:29am; Reply: 22
Great man and always gave 100%, good luck Lenny, hope you do well at York.  UTM!
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:33pm