Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Deckhand, June 29, 2022, 10:27am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cd8mmf?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Anybody knows who the Cancun Mariner is??
If so listen from 2hr 40 mins on the link and it will be revealed
Posted by: Mikey_345, June 29, 2022, 10:28am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Deckhand
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cd8mmf?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Anybody knows who the Cancun Mariner is??
If so listen from 2hr 40 mins on the link and it will be revealed

Has a pretty good shout for an agents fee for that, whoever he is.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 29, 2022, 12:16pm; Reply: 2
Considering there's only a fairly small number of Town fans, in the wider picture, here on the Fishy so possibly won't be seen by Mr Cancun, but once it hits Twatter and Facebook and even the local rag, I'm sure he will be located.
Posted by: ska face, July 6, 2022, 7:14pm; Reply: 3
Don’t know if anyone else heard this, but sure I was listening to an interview with the lad on Humberside this morning and turns out he’s Matt Tees’ grandson?!
Posted by: AlwaysHaddock1878, July 6, 2022, 7:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face
Don’t know if anyone else heard this, but sure I was listening to an interview with the lad on Humberside this morning and turns out he’s Matt Tees’ grandson?!

Yep! Was listening too! Very humble analogy of his grandpa too…

“My grandpa used to play for Town, Matt Tees if anyone knows him. Used to score a few goals back in the day.”

Life and football is crazy sometimes.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 6, 2022, 9:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from AlwaysHaddock1878

Yep! Was listening too! Very humble analogy of his grandpa too…

My grandpa used to play for Town, Matt Tees if anyone knows him. Used to score a few goals back in the day.”

Life and football is crazy sometimes.

Fantastic, understated in the extreme......
Posted by: hampshiremariner, July 6, 2022, 9:12pm; Reply: 6
Wonder if it is the same lad who appeared on Alan Shearer’s documentary on dementia when he interviewed Matt and Mrs Tees in his house. It was very sad to see such a brilliant footballer reduced to being unable to recall his career. There were two grandsons there, I think, and both declared that they wished to be footballers. They were good lads. Such great memories of Matt, Town legend.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 12:45am