Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hurstomariner, June 28, 2022, 7:42pm
Is Scannell  and  Battersby  signed contracts or are we still waiting on them ?
Posted by: lukeo, June 29, 2022, 4:31am; Reply: 1
Just waiting to hear from Scanz whether he's moving to Barca on a slightly higher wage or not...
Rumour is he's sticking with us for another year and should be signed up today all being well.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, June 29, 2022, 7:31am; Reply: 2
Scans is still living locally so expect him to sign batts on the other hand might be eyeing up a no. 1 shirt somewhere it must be frustrating sitting on the wings every week just in case max goes down
Posted by: crusty ole pie, June 29, 2022, 7:47am; Reply: 3
Don’t give a flying fig about your Red Cross but you must be on sad individual with nothing else to do but Red Cross every post
Posted by: aldi_01, June 29, 2022, 7:58am; Reply: 4
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Scans is still living locally so expect him to sign batts on the other hand might be eyeing up a no. 1 shirt somewhere it must be frustrating sitting on the wings every week just in case max goes down

Assuming Scannell is still living at the Oaklands, I wonder if that’s part of the reason for delaying the signing of the contract?

I suspect Scannell will sign because at the end of the day you can’t imagine many clubs offering him a wage in his current state and he’s clearly very well thought of in and around the club.

Battersby must fancy his chances at a conference side somewhere, May be looking for a season long loan somewhere?
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 29, 2022, 8:05am; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

Assuming Scannell is still living at the Oaklands, I wonder if that’s part of the reason for delaying the signing of the contract?

I suspect Scannell will sign because at the end of the day you can’t imagine many clubs offering him a wage in his current state and he’s clearly very well thought of in and around the club.

Battersby must fancy his chances at a conference side somewhere, May be looking for a season long loan somewhere?

It sounds daft but a ruptured Achilles isn’t as bad as it could be. He should be training again by November/December this year and probably available to play again early next year. No way he won’t sign, as you say, he won’t get a club anywhere else. We’ve given his career a lifeline, although offering him a deal shows that Hursty must REALLY rate him.

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 29, 2022, 8:29am; Reply: 6
Everyone except Fox signed up. Not fussed if these two don’t. Hoping for a couple of new signings to give cover to an already strong looking squad.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, June 29, 2022, 8:30am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner_09

It sounds daft but a ruptured Achilles isn’t as bad as it could be. He should be training again by November/December this year and probably available to play again early next year. No way he won’t sign, as you say, he won’t get a club anywhere else. We’ve given his career a lifeline, although offering him a deal shows that Hursty must REALLY rate him.

Scannell will be 32 by then. It’s a long, long way back to full fitness from a ruptured achilles at any age, never mind a 31/32 year old with a history of muscular and skeletal injuries. When you return from an injury like that you put huge stress on other parts of your body - hamstrings, calves, knees etc.

Hudson-Odoi and Eberechi Eze still haven’t recovered properly from their achilles injuries and it took Spinazzola almost a year to return after his snapped during the Euros.

Of course, fingers crossed I’m wrong and Scannell is back playing and fit after Christmas.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 29, 2022, 8:31am; Reply: 8
In a recent interview Scanz said that his partner and little un where still living in Croydon so I’d imagine he’s in digs or similar. I hope he signs for us as we all know that he’ll make a difference.

Not sure about Battersby I guess if I’d been offered a deal at an EFL side with so little senior experience I’d want to start the season fight for a place and maybe look to do a loan. I’d be surprised if we don’t bring a 3rd keeper in, maybe a keeper coach?
Posted by: Mikey_345, June 29, 2022, 10:31am; Reply: 9
Pretty sure I saw talk that Battersby had actually signed weeks ago. Which wouldn't be a surprise, very unlikely he'd turn down a deal.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 29, 2022, 11:35am; Reply: 10
Battersby has signed, and that’s from the horses mouth himself. He actually was offered a new deal quite a while before the season ended.
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 29, 2022, 1:07pm; Reply: 11
Battersby has signed and just not been announced for some reason.
Regarding Scannell, I cant see him not accepting or might have to go a few months without being paid while his injury recovers
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, June 29, 2022, 1:24pm; Reply: 12
I too thought Battersby had signed.

I was a little surprised he was offered a deal. Clearly Hurst rates him but I don't think I've seen him play.

I don't think he will be ready to challenge Crocombe just yet having so little experience. With 7 subs no doubt we will have a GK on the bench

But for me warming the bench is not what he needs. He needs games. A loan would seem the sensible idea and bring in another experienced  goalie on a short term deal who can push Crocombe.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 29, 2022, 1:37pm; Reply: 13
Talking of goalkeepers, has anyone heard any rumours/whispers where James McKeown will end up next season?
Posted by: sam gy, June 29, 2022, 1:47pm; Reply: 14
Talking of goalkeepers, did the club actually announce Russell leaving? Don't think i saw it anywhere apart from on his personal twitter.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 29, 2022, 3:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin
Talking of goalkeepers, has anyone heard any rumours/whispers where James McKeown will end up next season?

pretty sure he's off to Boston

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see a keeper of equal calibre to Max come in. He wants competition in every position ,so why shouldn't that apply to the keeper?
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 29, 2022, 3:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano

pretty sure he's off to Boston

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see a keeper of equal calibre to Max come in. He wants competition in every position ,so why shouldn't that apply to the keeper?

What's the emergency loan ruling for keepers now though. You would think a keeper of equal ability to Max would want to be playing regularly, so would it not make sense to have a young keeper on the bench, then if something did happen to Max, to get a similarly experienced keeper in on loan.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 29, 2022, 3:25pm; Reply: 17
I doubt we'd be allowed an emergency loan keeper if Battersby was available.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, June 29, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I too thought Battersby had signed.

I was a little surprised he was offered a deal. Clearly Hurst rates him but I don't think I've seen him play.

This sentence has had me absolutely gobsmacked. How is it surprising that the manager of a player who sees him training day in day out and watches him in training and practice games offers him a contract even though some random poster doesn't think he's seen him play?
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 29, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 19
Battersby one year deal now confirmed
Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, June 29, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 20
[tweet]1542160935149871104[/tweet]
Posted by: acko338, June 29, 2022, 4:17pm; Reply: 21
Probably needs at least a National League level loan to progress fully this year !  

Would Hurst be happy with him being a No 2 at that level with no real guarantee of game time?

Otherwise a No 1 season long loan at the next level down - needs plenty of games under his belt now !
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 29, 2022, 5:50pm; Reply: 22
Would imagine scannel will stay in London while get gets better. Pointless staying at a hotel if he can’t kick a ball for a good few months.
Posted by: DB, June 29, 2022, 6:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from monkeyboy
Would imagine scannel will stay in London while get gets better. Pointless staying at a hotel if he can’t kick a ball for a good few months.

You make a very good point. However has he, or will sign a new deal with us. I cannot see many other options for an injured player. If he doesn't want to sign ( his choice ) then that will free up more funds for Hurst to play with.

I presume there is a time limit on his contract offer so we should find out soon.

Posted by: DB, June 30, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 24
I presume that Scannell's contract ended today. Has anybody heard if he signed the one on offer, or has he moved on?
Posted by: oochiad, June 30, 2022, 7:24pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from DB
I presume that Scannell's contract ended today. Has anybody heard if he signed the one on offer, or has he moved on?

I hope he signs and recovers well as he’ll be a great asset in league 2. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 30, 2022, 7:34pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from monkeyboy

He will need rehab and the club will want to do their best (I would’ve thought) to play a big part in this. Get opinions from Dave Moore etc and when ready to put a plan and timescale in place
Posted by: pontoonlew, June 30, 2022, 7:41pm; Reply: 27
With there being no news today I’m presuming he’s still not signed, everything else has been drip fed for engagement daily. Seems madness not to sign it when you’re essentially getting free rehab but then again I’m sure he’s not short of a few bob
Posted by: lukeo, June 30, 2022, 10:58pm; Reply: 28
Still nothing about Macca or Sam? Bizarre
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, June 30, 2022, 11:33pm; Reply: 29
He could decide to retire from football.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:36am