Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: lukeo, June 28, 2022, 4:44pm
I have to say the Cropper one today (in my opinion) is brilliant. I'm enjoying them, are you?
Posted by: Hagrid, June 28, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 1
Placebob on twitter, who loves a moan, certainly isnt a fan of it
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 28, 2022, 5:15pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from lukeo
I have to say the Cropper one today (in my opinion) is brilliant. I'm enjoying them, are you?

I have to say that one passed me by, I get it now though and I think all of this stuff is great.

I follow Placebob on Twitter and he’s a good lad and I’m sure he’ll be the first to acknowledge how bad our engagement and content planning was pre 1878.

As my dad says “ just because you don’t like it it doesn’t mean it’s wrong”.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 28, 2022, 5:24pm; Reply: 3
That John Fenty Blundell Park video felt like it was pre 1878.
Posted by: davmariner, June 28, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 4
Yes, but only on new signings.
Posted by: lukeo, June 28, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 5
I knew Bob from years ago through the Internet mariners. Serial moaner but actually he's a decent guy and a good laugh on away days (well he was in his younger days) 😂 👍
Posted by: crusty ole pie, June 28, 2022, 7:10pm; Reply: 6
Crusty loves them shows imagination and a sense of humour
Posted by: ska face, June 28, 2022, 7:26pm; Reply: 7
It’s all a harmless laugh. After the last 20 years people should be allowed a bit of fun and the players seem to enjoy it.

Or we could go back to players not getting announced at all (Spokes), or just the exact same interview with every player whenever they join.

I imagine there’s a more strategic element to it, like driving traffic towards the website or social media channels, but just let people enjoy things.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 28, 2022, 7:38pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face
It’s all a harmless laugh. After the last 20 years people should be allowed a bit of fun and the players seem to enjoy it.

Or we could go back to players not getting announced at all (Spokes), or just the exact same interview with every player whenever they join.

I imagine there’s a more strategic element to it, like driving traffic towards the website or social media channels, but just let people enjoy things.

We've come a long way from Dale Ladson interviewing the lawnmower and being rudely interrupted by the new signing ocassionally.
Posted by: newarkmariner, June 28, 2022, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
i think the videos/teasers are brilliant,the Amos /Cropper one made me laugh out loud,far far better than a rumour thread that hits 69 pages of waffle with virtually no f&*king rumours in it.
cant wait for tomorrow to see whats happening on the GTFC twitter page.UTFM
Posted by: Plankton, June 28, 2022, 8:12pm; Reply: 10
They’re getting a lot of engagement, so they’re much more successful than what we had in the past.
Posted by: LH, June 28, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 11
Harmless fun. The Amos/Cropper one raised a smile on my face which is an achievement cause I can only remember laughing once since 2004.
Posted by: toontown, June 28, 2022, 8:43pm; Reply: 12
The Amos cropper one was very good, thought the Amos pump it up one was good too
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 28, 2022, 10:35pm; Reply: 13
I don't know if it's my PC but I can hardly hear the person doing the interviewing.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2022, 10:55pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't know if it's my PC but I can hardly hear the person doing the interviewing.

me neither - is a perennial poblem
Posted by: mariner83, June 29, 2022, 8:33am; Reply: 15
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We've come a long way from Dale Ladson interviewing the lawnmower and being rudely interrupted by the new signing ocassionally.

;D
Posted by: goldenfish, June 29, 2022, 9:32am; Reply: 16
Only a bit of fun , who can have a problem with it ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Posted by: Mikey_345, June 29, 2022, 10:33am; Reply: 17
Personally I'm all for them. Anyone else remember the weird phase Chesterfield went through under Martin Allen. Their announcements consisted of an article in which he had written about two lines about why they'd signed him - and that was it. "He is very old" was a personal favourite  ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44224019
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 2:03am