Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MarinerDevil, June 28, 2022, 4:34pm
https://gtfc.co.uk/cropper-stays/

Long throwing our way into League One.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, June 28, 2022, 4:46pm; Reply: 1
Also, in the Cropper teaser video, some eagle-eyed Twitter users have noticed that Amos appeared to be wearing shorts and socks from the new home kit.  Nothing to get excited about but there is no green trim which some were worried about.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1541805292782030851
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, June 28, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 2
Is there something going on with the seats in the middle of The Osmond? Or is it just tarpaulin?
Posted by: pontoonlew, June 28, 2022, 4:55pm; Reply: 3
Am I reading into it too much that he mentions Andrew Dallas by name in his interview?
Posted by: FishFan101, June 28, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 4
Happy to see Jordan re-sign. Definitely a good squad player to have, especially if we're losing a game and can use 5 subs, no harm in throwing him on and just have him launch balls into the box when required
Posted by: ginnywings, June 28, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
Is there something going on with the seats in the middle of The Osmond? Or is it just tarpaulin?

Seats are covered while the metalwork is being sand blasted and painted.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 28, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 6
Good news on Cropper.

It's nice that most players want to stay and makes a change from the churn of previous years.

Progression, rather than a yearly rebuild of average players in a rinse and repeat cycle.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 28, 2022, 5:01pm; Reply: 7
Just Scannell left then! Seems a good buzz around the playing staff
Posted by: Mikey_345, June 28, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pontoonlew
Am I reading into it too much that he mentions Andrew Dallas by name in his interview?

Be weird if he mentioned him by someone else’s?

(Maybe but I thought the same)
Posted by: Teestogreen, June 28, 2022, 5:08pm; Reply: 9
Pleased.
I bet Orsi and Waterfall will be queuing up in the opponents penalty area.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 28, 2022, 5:27pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Hagrid
Just Scannell left then! Seems a good buzz around the playing staff

I’d like Scannell to sign, first and foremost as I think he will add value on the pitch but also “lesser clubs” would have not bothered considering he ended the season in a pot,

I’m pleased Cropper has signed, the long throw is a weapon for sure but like Amos he’s a developing player with a good attitude & work rate
Posted by: Maringer, June 28, 2022, 5:31pm; Reply: 11
I really like his long throw and think we should see some good competition between him and Efete for the right-back place.
Posted by: Tommy, June 28, 2022, 5:40pm; Reply: 12
I'd previously posted on here wandering whether we would actually try to retain Cropper or not.

I have to say though I'm pleased in the end with him re-signing. Potentially helped by the fact that we've retained Efete, which means our 2 right backs are actually very different, rather than having 2 like-for-like players competing for the spot.

I do think that both Cropper and Amos only getting one year deals does perhaps show that they will need to improve and prove themselves at this level. Will be great for stability and continuity of building squads if they can do so, because they clearly both fit into what PH wants in terms of character, personality and mentality.
Posted by: DB, June 28, 2022, 6:00pm; Reply: 13
Cropper has his faults but that long throw is certainly an asset. Helped in a big way to get us promoted, long throw flicked on and we're in the EFL.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 28, 2022, 6:04pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Teestogreen
Pleased.
I bet Orsi and Waterfall will be queuing up in the opponents penalty area.

And Maher. Efete is good in the air, just a shame he plays in Croppers position but if we are chasing late on, one of them might play left back.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 28, 2022, 6:23pm; Reply: 15
if your chasing a goal with 10 to go. Can bring him on just for the throw alone
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 28, 2022, 6:37pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Hagrid
if your chasing a goal with 10 to go. Can bring him on just for the throw alone

If you're chasing a goal with 10 to go you haul the shortest player off and put a square peg in a round hole just to have that weapon available.

Throw-in aside, I think Cropper will step things up a level with a full pre-season and his injuries behind him.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2022, 7:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Tommy
I'd previously posted on here wandering whether we would actually try to retain Cropper or not.

I have to say though I'm pleased in the end with him re-signing. Potentially helped by the fact that we've retained Efete, which means our 2 right backs are actually very different, rather than having 2 like-for-like players competing for the spot.

I do think that both Cropper and Amos only getting one year deals does perhaps show that they will need to improve and prove themselves at this level
. Will be great for stability and continuity of building squads if they can do so, because they clearly both fit into what PH wants in terms of character, personality and mentality.

good points Tommy. I wonder if the 1 year contracts either have an option on them to extend , or maybe a Crocombe type deal where a certain number of games played triggers an automatic extension
Posted by: Maringer, June 28, 2022, 7:21pm; Reply: 18
I'd guess it would be a trigger situation for a new deal. Gives them extra incentive to do well (though I don't doubt they wouldn't be trying hard in any case).
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:00am