Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 28, 2022, 4:00pm
I f##king hate this disease.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/ex-bury-captain-martyn-forest-dies-aged-43-a-decade-after-collapsing-on-pitch-with-brain-tumour/ar-AAYWQWL?li=AAnZ9Ug
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 28, 2022, 7:37pm; Reply: 1

I can't believe someone has red crossed this, unbelievable.

Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 28, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin

Its a shame someone so young life is ended in such a way, you know more than most Les, what he and his family have gone through.
I lost a good friend Jim a few years who died from a brain tumour, he collapsed at the Burton game the day we was relegated.
He fought a good battle for a good number of years, was able to get on with his life, the best he could, but it came back with revengeance a within a few couple of weeks he lost his battle, he was just 43.

RIP
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 28, 2022, 7:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Just thinking that myself, they is always one knob.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 28, 2022, 7:43pm; Reply: 4
Who ever red crossed I hope you get piles and every excrement you have is like passing a hedgehog you girl private
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 28, 2022, 7:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Just thinking that myself, they is always one knob.

Ive mentioned a few times in the past about those who choose to give thumbs up or ticks or red crosses, that their nom de plumes should be shown, so we know who has chosen what answer. It would especially be useful so we can see who the "red cross warriors" are who red cross just to wind people up. As it is, they can hide behind their anonymity, but I bet it would stop 90% of the eejits if their name was shown.
Posted by: marinerjase, June 28, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 6
Desperately sad news that massive Town fan and ex steward Linda Smith passed away today. Many Town fans will have known her, ex steward, and seen her at games for many years. She was one of the inspirations (for me) for the charity walk AussieMariner and I did recently.

So pleased she got to see her team achieve success whilst she could. Rest in peace Linda x
Posted by: thornemariner, June 28, 2022, 8:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from marinerjase
Desperately sad news that massive Town fan and ex steward Linda Smith passed away today. Many Town fans will have known her, ex steward, and seen her at games for many years. She was one of the inspirations (for me) for the charity walk AussieMariner and I did recently.

So pleased she got to see her team achieve success whilst she could. Rest in peace Linda x

I'd known Linda for years. We managed to catch up at the home games she got to last year. It was my privilege to buy her ticket for the home game against Woking and I was so pleased for her that we won it. I'm also chuffed that she saw us get back to the EFL. She sent me a message in April saying she thought we would do it.

Linda was on the receiving end of plenty of banter from our group in the UF when she was stewarding and loved every minute of it.

She will be much missed. An unbelievably passionate Town fan.

ATAW
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 28, 2022, 9:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from thornemariner

I'd known Linda for years. We managed to catch up at the home games she got to last year. It was my privilege to buy her ticket for the home game against Woking and I was so pleased for her that we won it. I'm also chuffed that she saw us get back to the EFL. She sent me a message in April saying she thought we would do it.

Linda was on the receiving end of plenty of banter from our group in the UF when she was stewarding and loved every minute of it.

She will be much missed. An unbelievably passionate Town fan.

ATAW

Is this the Linda who always had her sheep rucksack with her?
Posted by: mrsd, June 28, 2022, 9:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

Yes it is
Posted by: thornemariner, June 28, 2022, 9:08pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Les, yes. Inseparable!
Posted by: GrimExile, June 28, 2022, 9:12pm; Reply: 11
[quote=2226]

Did you expect anything else? People hiding behind their keyboards and anonymously red crossing someone for saying how sad it is that a man of 43 years is cut down in his prime says far more about them then they’ll ever realise.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 28, 2022, 9:21pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from thornemariner

Les, yes. Inseparable!

That's awful news. I knew her quite well (but by a different surname). She used to be the partner of a friend of mine Baz going back a while now and I know she was also the partner of a well known poster on here at one time.

RIP Linda xx
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2022, 11:05pm; Reply: 13
made even worse when the Funeral directors she'd planned her funeral with went bust, having taken all of her £1700
Luckily Town fans rallied to the cause and raised the money she needed.
here's the links

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/woman-terminal-cancer-left-1700-6760669

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/grant-maconachie?utm_term=ArYnwBjaB
Posted by: Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, June 29, 2022, 3:34pm; Reply: 14

Very, very sad news. RIP.

RE red crosses - why do people get upset about them? Who cares? Just ignore the haters. Simples  :P
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), June 29, 2022, 3:49pm; Reply: 15
Very sad 😔  RIP.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 4, 2022, 7:21pm; Reply: 16
Don't know how many on here will know but found out another "one of our own" passed over the weekend.
Errol Devaney, absolute mad Irishman who was a lower Young's stalwart..Rip my old friend and have a Guinness or 3 at the bar in the sky for us all..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 4, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Don't know how many on here will know but found out another "one of our own" passed over the weekend.
Errol Devaney, absolute mad Irishman who was a lower Young's stalwart..Rip my old friend and have a Guinness or 3 at the bar in the sky for us all..

Errol was an absolute gent. His house is opposite mine and we never actually met the old owner 11 years ago, both viewings were done by Errol.

I remember asking if the front room floor was concrete or floorboards and Errol confidently told us it was concrete. Me and my wife laughed about that when we had to replace rotten joists the other year.

Rest in Peace Errol and thoughts with your family at this time.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, July 6, 2022, 3:18am; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano
made even worse when the Funeral directors she'd planned her funeral with went bust, having taken all of her £1700
Luckily Town fans rallied to the cause and raised the money she needed.
here's the links

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/woman-terminal-cancer-left-1700-6760669

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/grant-maconachie?utm_term=ArYnwBjaB

I've posted it on another thread but if anyone wants the funeral details...

2pm on Tuesday July12th.
Chanterlands Crematorium
Hull
HU5 4EF
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:35pm