Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MarinerDevil, June 28, 2022, 1:03pm
https://gtfc.co.uk/amos-pens-new-deal/
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 28, 2022, 1:07pm; Reply: 1
Tick
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 28, 2022, 1:09pm; Reply: 2
excellent news. squad taking shape
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, June 28, 2022, 1:11pm; Reply: 3
So from the lads who played a part in last seasons promotion are just waiting on Sean Scannell and Jordan Cropper now??

Also nice one Amos - don't you know pump it up
Posted by: Maringer, June 28, 2022, 1:15pm; Reply: 4
From Hurst's comments, it seems that he's expecting a bit more attacking intent from Amos this season. I think he's actually a pretty good passer, but he didn't get up on the overlap much last season so we'll have to see if he can improve on this aspect of his game.
Posted by: SheepGTFC, June 28, 2022, 1:17pm; Reply: 5
Honestly, fantastic. Young player with good potential. Wish it was for 2 years!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, June 28, 2022, 1:23pm; Reply: 6
Good news, did well from the off and got better as he went on. Likeable lad too, quite infectious that he seems to be having the time of his life.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 28, 2022, 1:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
From Hurst's comments, it seems that he's expecting a bit more attacking intent from Amos this season. I think he's actually a pretty good passer, but he didn't get up on the overlap much last season so we'll have to see if he can improve on this aspect of his game.

I thought there was a period, probably just before our return to form in the Spring time where he looked our best attacking outlet with his runs forward.  That seemed to tail off a little bit later in the season and I just put it down to a bit of tiredness from him due the lack of games he played before joining us.

He definitely looks to have it in his locker.  With a full pre-season with us and not arriving midway through the campaign half cooked, quite excited to see what he'll offer.
Posted by: FishFan101, June 28, 2022, 1:29pm; Reply: 8
Definitely wants to be here, happy to have you still, Danny!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 28, 2022, 1:49pm; Reply: 9
Good news, seems like a top lad and as a player plenty of potential. Also seems to like a bus trip if memory serves me right.😉
Posted by: Garth, June 28, 2022, 2:06pm; Reply: 10
Probably stuck out for a 2 year deal, but was happy to sign for 1 in the end, can easily see that being extended before the end of the season
Posted by: RonMariner, June 28, 2022, 2:11pm; Reply: 11
Love his commitment. Efete, Maher, Waterfall and Amos. Not a bad back 4. Not bad at all.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 28, 2022, 2:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from RonMariner
Love his commitment. Efete, Maher, Waterfall and Amos. Not a bad back 4. Not bad at all.

A couple of ball playing midfielders now and FB cover and we’ll be in a decent place.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 28, 2022, 2:33pm; Reply: 13
Good lad I was impressed with him in the play offs .
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2022, 3:09pm; Reply: 14
i think how Amos develops will be one of the most interesting sub plots of the season.
I have to say i wasn't impressed when i saw him the first couple of times, didn't think his touch was terribly good and his passing was a bit awry
However he's grown on me as he's grown into the role. Some of those tackles in the final were superb, and he looks a lot more confident.
I suspect there's a lot more to come and hope we see that in League 2.

Oh, and that phrase 'infectious enthusiasm' sums him up perfectly - seems to love the place
Posted by: Poojah, June 28, 2022, 3:13pm; Reply: 15
Amos is another one who it’s easy to forget how young he is. He’s only 22 and has less than 40 senior appearances under his belt; thought he did a cracking job for us last season but he’s still got loads of time to improve.

I hope we’ve got the option of another season on him.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 28, 2022, 3:25pm; Reply: 16
If my memory is on point.
He made an incredible tackle/block at 1-1 in the final (Counter attack) which was almost worth the contract in its own right
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 28, 2022, 3:30pm; Reply: 17
Good news this, I like him, he has quality about him.
Posted by: chaos33, June 28, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 18
Really like Amos. Good player and fully committed and passionate. I’d like to get Smith back too.
Posted by: buckstown, June 28, 2022, 3:55pm; Reply: 19
We’ll if there’s any truth in the Driscoll-Glennon rumour that’s going to be a great competition for first choice left back
Posted by: RichMariner, June 28, 2022, 4:20pm; Reply: 20
I may have misremembered this but I thought Amos got a chance after Crookes picked up an injury? I remember the timing of him joining was very helpful.

There was a game in which we'd gone 2-0 up, and then Amos gave the ball away badly and they scored to make it 2-1. Despite the error he kept his place in the side and hasn't looked back.

Feel a bit for Crookes because I don't remember him doing anything wrong. Seemed an honest pro, never let us down when he played... perhaps Hurst was looking for something more.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 28, 2022, 4:33pm; Reply: 21
Good news.

Squad shaping up nicely.

Wonder if and when we might get a couple of more high calibre signings to whet the appetite?
Posted by: lukeo, June 28, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 22
Fantastic.
Posted by: DB, June 28, 2022, 4:54pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Good news.

Squad shaping up nicely.

Wonder if and when we might get a couple of more high calibre signings to whet the appetite?

My thoughts exactly, a quality No9 ( missed one last season) and a good midfielder to replace Fox.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 28, 2022, 5:33pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano
i think how Amos develops will be one of the most interesting sub plots of the season.
I have to say i wasn't impressed when i saw him the first couple of times, didn't think his touch was terribly good and his passing was a bit awry
However he's grown on me as he's grown into the role. Some of those tackles in the final were superb, and he looks a lot more confident.
I suspect there's a lot more to come and hope we see that in League 2.

Oh, and that phrase 'infectious enthusiasm' sums him up perfectly - seems to love the place

I notice something about Amos when he made a mistake in a game that cost us a goal, I can’t remember which one but as soon as it happened rather than shrinking he tried to get involved and as much ball time as possible
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2022, 7:05pm; Reply: 25
https://twitter.com/i/status/1535578143137968131
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 28, 2022, 7:23pm; Reply: 26
In the video where the ball hits him, what's going on in the Osmond in the background?
Posted by: forza ivano, June 28, 2022, 7:35pm; Reply: 27
In the video where the ball hits him, what's going on in the Osmond in the background?

tyhey've been painting and sand blasting the roof
according to Ginny it's a job that should've been done years ago, but somehow Fenty neglected to get it done. God knows how that happened - must've slipped his mind........
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 28, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from forza ivano

according to Ginny it's a job that should've been done years ago, but somehow Fenty neglected to get it done. God knows how that happened - must've slipped his mind........

Cheers. Stadium maintenance. Whatever next.
Posted by: rancido, June 28, 2022, 8:19pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from forza ivano

It doesn't get you three points on a Saturday - that's why The Leech didn't do it.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:56am