Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, June 26, 2022, 4:51pm
Relax everybody ... its not a possible signing ... quite the opposite in fact.

A football programme forum of which I am a member,  has come up with a request from a fellow member  who requires some information regarding a former Town player.

I must admit that the name isn't familiar to me. I have reproduced the message below.

Hoping someone on here can help me with this please. I am trying to find out which games the late Kevin Camm played in for Grimsby possibly in the mid 1980s or very early 1990s. He only made a small handful of appearances for the first XI but the internet has thrown up nothing so far.
His career was ended by an unusual 'injury' as he had a rare form of psoriasis which meant he could no longer play professional football.
The reason I am asking is that his son now lives locally and has asked me to try and find the programmes for the games his dad played in which shouldn't be too hard. The hard bit however is finding out how many games he played in and which ones they were!

Can anybody help?
Posted by: It Bites, June 26, 2022, 5:01pm; Reply: 1
Are you sure it was the first team and not reserve games ? .
Posted by: tintowner, June 26, 2022, 5:11pm; Reply: 2
The requester does later on admit that he could have been a reserve player .

The name still doesn't ring any bells to me.... but it may possibly do to others.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, June 26, 2022, 5:11pm; Reply: 3
I have an a5 book, the 10 seasons series for 83 to 93 seasons and tho it includes Paul smaller 1 game or Richard Dawson 1 game for example, there's no entry for Kevin camm.
Posted by: It Bites, June 26, 2022, 6:16pm; Reply: 4
I've got some footage of a reserve game from 90 or 91 . About 15 minutes. I was testing out a cam corder . I'll see if I can find it
Posted by: golfer, June 26, 2022, 7:46pm; Reply: 5
No Kevin Camm on Towns books  1980 - 2000  Was it Grimsby Amateurs Grimsby Borough ?
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 26, 2022, 9:06pm; Reply: 6
Rings no bells with me. Not heard of the name.
Posted by: chaos33, June 26, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 7
Absolutely no recollection of that name.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 26, 2022, 9:29pm; Reply: 8
If it was just a few games and possibly in the reserves then he may well have just appeared as  A Trialist and very rare to even get a team sheet at a reserve game
Posted by: DB, June 27, 2022, 4:55am; Reply: 9
Quoted from tintowner
Relax everybody ... its not a possible signing ... quite the opposite in fact.

A football programme forum of which I am a member,  has come up with a request from a fellow member  who requires some information regarding a former Town player.

I must admit that the name isn't familiar to me. I have reproduced the message below.

Hoping someone on here can help me with this please. I am trying to find out which games the late Kevin Camm played in for Grimsby possibly in the mid 1980s or very early 1990s. He only made a small handful of appearances for the first XI but the internet has thrown up nothing so far.
His career was ended by an unusual 'injury' as he had a rare form of psoriasis which meant he could no longer play professional football.
The reason I am asking is that his son now lives locally and has asked me to try and find the programmes for the games his dad played in which shouldn't be too hard. The hard bit however is finding out how many games he played in and which ones they were!

Can anybody help?

You seem to be drawing a blank on here so why not e-mail the club direct. They will have a record.

Posted by: tintowner, June 27, 2022, 6:31am; Reply: 10
As mentioned earlier ..... I have only reproduced a plea from somebody on one of the various forums that I peruse.

In following the Mariners for nearly 50 years, you do get to recognise names, even reserve team players etc. But this name didn't 'ring any bells' from the off.

The requester does add that his friend does have a few programmes with the name listed and he will try to gain a bit more info . I am leaning towards what Golfer said and that it could have been one of the local  amateur clubs.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 28, 2022, 2:05pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from It Bites
I've got some footage of a reserve game from 90 or 91 . About 15 minutes. I was testing out a cam corder . I'll see if I can find it

That's no good. We need a Cammcorder.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 5:14am