Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Exiled in Leicester, May 25, 2022, 7:50am
Have always had a lot of time for the Halifax Manager  but after last night I have changed my mind .........after Mandeville didnt get sent off he seemed to lose the plot . He was constantly whinging at the officials , shaking his head and his whole bad body language continued right through the second half . This cant have helped his team at all . Very poor (ermm)(ermm)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 25, 2022, 7:56am; Reply: 1
I’ve watched a couple of their games on bt earlier on in the season by god he’s a moaning girl private , anyway i want a town / chesterfield final would be a good crowd and I think we’ve got their number
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 25, 2022, 8:24am; Reply: 2

To be fair to Wild it looked like a clear sending-off last night, surprised when the ref only gave a yellow.
Posted by: MANCMARINER, May 25, 2022, 10:02am; Reply: 3
I disagree. It was late, but it wasn’t high and his studs weren’t up, so I don’t think it would be deemed a dangerous or reckless challenge. Halifax no.3 wasn’t really injured, as evidenced by the fact that he was fine to play the remainder of the game with no discomfort. Yellow for me.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 25, 2022, 1:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MANCMARINER
I disagree. It was late, but it wasn’t high and his studs weren’t up, so I don’t think it would be deemed a dangerous or reckless challenge. Halifax no.3 wasn’t really injured, as evidenced by the fact that he was fine to play the remainder of the game with no discomfort. Yellow for me.

I take your point here completely but whether the player is injured or not is irrelevant to what card they get. It's about the intent, the potential danger or recklessness of the tackle not the outcome.

You can break a player's leg and not get any card and you can get sent off without touching a player. All depends on how you went into the tackle.

For example - I thought O'Brien's tackle on Monday to get a yellow was dangerous and reckless and a red would have been justified. Because he made contact with the ball first I think he got away with it. If he'd not got the ball that tackle would have looked horrendous.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 25, 2022, 2:18pm; Reply: 5
If you want to discuss inconsistencies, watch Scottish football!

I watched Arbroath's semi finals against Inverness. Neutral commentators were spitting feathers when the ref showed a second yellow to a Callie player for a lunge.

They felt it was harsh but it was a red card all day long in the Premier League!
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:15am