Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 22, 2022, 6:34pm
Well done bromley, ive got a feeling wrexham will bottle the playoffs aswell, hopefully against us!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 22, 2022, 6:36pm; Reply: 1
😂😂😂
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 22, 2022, 6:44pm; Reply: 2
There’s every chance Wrexham can be got at. They didn’t turn up today.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 22, 2022, 6:47pm; Reply: 3
46,000 there today. Surely Bromley just took a couple of bus loads? How on Earth did 46,000 turn up?!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 22, 2022, 6:51pm; Reply: 4
13000 Bromley
17000 Wrexham

Congrats Bromley on getting in the intertoto cup
Posted by: 137 (Guest), May 22, 2022, 6:51pm; Reply: 5
Chokers (cough)?
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, May 22, 2022, 6:52pm; Reply: 6
FA vase final was played earlier at Wembley too Littlehampton v Newport Pagnell there fans are added to the total too
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 22, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
FA vase final was played earlier at Wembley too Littlehampton v Newport Pagnell there fans are added to the total too

It was all the staff from the services 😂😂😂
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 22, 2022, 6:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Oh yeah, forgot that. I remember that Hereford took more than us or Halifax to the dead rubber FA trophy Final we went to.
Posted by: LH, May 22, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 9
Anything can happen in a one off game. Another demoralising defeat for Wrexham and the prize for winning tomorrow is even more appetising for us and Notts.
Posted by: Kris2, May 22, 2022, 7:14pm; Reply: 10
Imagine the team and manager having to look the celebrities who pumped the club full of money with high expectations in the eye after that. I'm sure the message was to not lose in the playoffs or heads will surely roll so they will be bricking it. Much happier facing them than Solihull in a semi final away, at least in the finals they might get overwhelmed by the occasion and screw it up and our fans will turn up in numbers if we reach the finals.
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 22, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 11
Great left footed strike from the Newport Pagnell player for the first goal and they deserved to win.
Clearly - the sparsity of the crowd and the good humour of lower league football team supporters - plus the excellent security at Wembley  meant that there was no need to provide any additional safety precautions- refreshing.🤙
Posted by: mariner91, May 22, 2022, 7:16pm; Reply: 12
It's been said before but Wrexham really are nothing special. In fact, for the amount they've spent they're incredibly poor value for money.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 22, 2022, 7:40pm; Reply: 13
Wrexham fans will be fine, I am sure by  the time the Netflix version is released that they won with a dramatic last minute winner when Dibble the keeper comes up for a last gasp header from a corner despite having broken his neck in the 2nd minute but refusing medical advice and opting to play on with just a band aid on the sore spot.
Posted by: Running like emson, May 22, 2022, 7:54pm; Reply: 14
Great save by the Bromley keeper at the death
Posted by: aldi_01, May 22, 2022, 8:17pm; Reply: 15
I’ve become increasingly more cynical the older I get; I’ve no doubt that should us or county be at Wrexham next week, 1-0 up or indeed drawing with Wrexham there will definitely be an unexplainable amount of injury time and or a dodgy penalty…there’s most definitely been times this year when they’ve seemingly been playing until they win.

They’ve lost two games the most definitely wanted to win now. That massive win against Stockport literally means nothing to their season. Wrexham aren’t a good side and I’d still rather play them than Solihull…
Posted by: Teestogreen, May 22, 2022, 8:29pm; Reply: 16
Yes - just like Poojah on another thread  - I think you are right.
Wrexham are the King waiting to be coronated after such a long absence from the Football League and such a spectacular stadium.
If that’s the game - as long as we get up next season as part of the deal - then I would reluctantly accept that.
Posted by: RobDef1, May 22, 2022, 8:31pm; Reply: 17
I got a lot, and I mean a lot of satisfaction out of watching Reynolds and Co celebrating their last minute offside goal longer than anyone else in the stadium. Has anyone explained the rules to him yet?
Posted by: Poojah, May 22, 2022, 8:55pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from RobDef1
I got a lot, and I mean a lot of satisfaction out of watching Reynolds and Co celebrating their last minute offside goal longer than anyone else in the stadium. Has anyone explained the rules to him yet?

It was just another reminder that football is just not a natural pastime for the Hollywood boys. Anyone who’s watched football for any amount of time would know to look straight for the linesman after a goal, particularly one of such magnitude, before letting limbs fly.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re quite entitled to be doing what they’re doing and I’m sure on the long run it will be a positive thing for the people of Wrexham, but that doesn’t mean for a second that they’re going to look authentic doing it.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 22, 2022, 8:58pm; Reply: 19
Bromley have done well beating York, Solihull Moors and Wrexham.  

Wrexham lose a second successive game without scoring.  A 3-0 away defeat and losing at Wembley, again without scoring.  A comedown from beating the league champions 3-0.

Poor preparation and now under pressure for a tough playoff game.  Hopefully against us.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 22, 2022, 9:01pm; Reply: 20
To be fair, us or county have nothing ti be worried about although I expect every Shithouse trick in the book…
Posted by: Poojah, May 22, 2022, 9:14pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Bromley have done well beating York, Solihull Moors and Wrexham.  

Wrexham lose a second successive game without scoring.  A 3-0 away defeat and losing at Wembley, again without scoring.  A comedown from beating the league champions 3-0.

Poor preparation and now under pressure for a tough playoff game.  Hopefully against us.

Quite a few Wrexham fans suggesting it should be promotion or out for Parkinson. I reckon that’s about right to be honest; he’s under real pressure now.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 22, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 22
Think they should get rid of him even if they go up.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 22, 2022, 10:33pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Poojah

Quite a few Wrexham fans suggesting it should be promotion or out for Parkinson. I reckon that’s about right to be honest; he’s under real pressure now.

If they don't go up, they spend even more money and it becomes quite difficult to manage the egos that they will undoubtedly have.

Parkinson has quite a reputation for being a bit of coward at retained list time too and not dealing well with confrontation. It's well known for players of his to get a missed call from him as he hangs up so quickly followed by a voicemail explaining that they're being let go. He also has a history of blaming the owner for only being willing to offer a derisory contract and it would be an insult to offer it which is an excuse he can't use at Wrexham.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 22, 2022, 10:36pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from aldi_01
I’ve become increasingly more cynical the older I get; I’ve no doubt that should us or county be at Wrexham next week, 1-0 up or indeed drawing with Wrexham there will definitely be an unexplainable amount of injury time and or a dodgy penalty…there’s most definitely been times this year when they’ve seemingly been playing until they win.

They’ve lost two games the most definitely wanted to win now. That massive win against Stockport literally means nothing to their season. Wrexham aren’t a good side and I’d still rather play them than Solihull…

If we’re going to get promoted, we’ll likely have to beat Wrexham and Solihull.
Posted by: GrimExile, May 22, 2022, 11:27pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Teestogreen
Yes - just like Poojah on another thread  - I think you are right.
Wrexham are the King waiting to be coronated after such a long absence from the Football League and such a spectacular stadium.
If that’s the game - as long as we get up next season as part of the deal - then I would reluctantly accept that.

Coronated?? Surely you mean crowned?!! #UTM

Posted by: bradzmilne, May 22, 2022, 11:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Poojah

Any manager worth his weight in gold would (and should) be ridiculed if he didn’t get out of tier 5, after spending the best part of a million quid on transfer fees alone.

However, Wrexham are the longest serving team in the conference and I would not be surprised to see that stay extended.

Something isn’t quite right there and I can’t put my finger on what.
Posted by: coddy60, May 23, 2022, 5:26am; Reply: 27
Parkinson getting slaughtered on Twitter, sounds like they want him removed whether or not they go up!
Posted by: aldi_01, May 23, 2022, 6:19am; Reply: 28
Parkinson was always an odd choice for me. Felt like they went for him because they’d heard of him, even though he’s done little in the league for a while.

I personally don’t think Wrexham will go up and has someone has said in this thread, there’s something wrong at the club.

The PE teacher who worked at a school I did some work fa played for Kettering, his best friend is at Wrexham, said it’s been horrible having TV people there and there has been a tension added to the already huge pressure of needing to go up Becauee of the salaries of players and cash being spent. Players who’ve been good servants getting their standard whilst other players, no better really, coming in on significantly increased money.
Posted by: coddy60, May 23, 2022, 6:49am; Reply: 29
Good, hope it goes horribly wrong for them, used to wish them well, but this media circus really gets on my mammaries
Posted by: aldi_01, May 23, 2022, 7:15am; Reply: 30
Nobody has asked the question of why? Why did a random Hollywood actor who’s best film is Van Wilder: party liaison, and his mate decided to buy Wrexham.

What’s the plan. Simply saying, ‘getting back in the league’ isn’t really a plan. So far it seems like spunk cash, create media circus, hopefully go up…
Posted by: Poojah, May 23, 2022, 7:26am; Reply: 31
Quoted from aldi_01
Nobody has asked the question of why? Why did a random Hollywood actor who’s best film is Van Wilder: party liaison, and his mate decided to buy Wrexham.

What’s the plan. Simply saying, ‘getting back in the league’ isn’t really a plan. So far it seems like spunk cash, create media circus, hopefully go up…

The plan is pretty simple, as I see it.

Buy unfashionable club from reasonable sized town for next to fúck all. Use worldwide celebrity status to create global interest and secure Amazon TV deal. Use proceeds from TV deal to fund meteoric rise through the divisions. Flog now famous club for a significant profit, having had a few shíts and giggles and advertised other business interests along the way.

I can’t say I’m a massive fan of what they’re doing, or the patronisation of the Wrexham fans, but it is at least the most self-sufficient models of all sugar daddy ‘investments’ seen to date. In theory at least. Whether it works, this season and beyond, remains to be seen.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 23, 2022, 8:23am; Reply: 32
Quoted from aldi_01

It's the latest hobby for them,after getting bored with Wrexham because they aren't playing City, Chelsea or Liverpool every week as they had imagined then they will walk away and buy some expensive clubs and take up golfing or summat and when they do Wrexham will drop back to their natural level
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 23, 2022, 9:24am; Reply: 33
To be honest I’m not bothered about them and if it’s not us going up I’d actually hope it’s Wrexham as it takes a big spender out of the league and their loyal supporters (I.e. the ones pre Hollywood) have suffered a lot over the years.

Ryan Reynolds is actually a savvy business investor (try Aviator Gin) so you’d expect that he’d do this properly in a sustainable manner.  
Posted by: Mayaman, May 23, 2022, 10:22am; Reply: 34
Quoted from RobDef1

That was cringeworthy.  However, I'm pretty sure it was a touchdown.
Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, May 23, 2022, 11:48am; Reply: 35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1k-avkBQ4

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 23, 2022, 12:11pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from aldi_01

WHAT!?

Deadpool by a mile....
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:35am