Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 21, 2022, 11:20am
Strong rumours he’s about to take the Forest Green job…
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 21, 2022, 11:39am; Reply: 1
This rumour has been doing the rounds for the past couple of weeks,somebody chucked a tenner on it and he jumped to favourite
Posted by: Poojah, May 21, 2022, 11:58am; Reply: 2
Here’s to a Notts performance reminiscent of Town at the Millennium Stadium 2006, prior to Slade’s departure. Absolute garbage that day.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 21, 2022, 12:01pm; Reply: 3
Remember when forest green decided to do a managerial change during the playoffs?
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 21, 2022, 12:59pm; Reply: 4
If IB is going let's hope that he wants to finish on a high 😊
Posted by: Poojah, May 21, 2022, 1:16pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
If IB is going let's hope that he wants to finish on a high 😊

…or that he wants to keep you in non-league so it’s easier and cheaper to nab your best players in the summer.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 21, 2022, 8:07pm; Reply: 6
Hopefully training tomorrow consists of him telling the players he's leaving.
Posted by: wigworld, May 21, 2022, 10:56pm; Reply: 7
Remember when forest green decided to do a managerial change during the playoffs?

At half time during the play-off final!
Posted by: Poojah, May 21, 2022, 11:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from wigworld

At half time during the play-off final!

Worked well for Fulham at the beginning of the play-offs, too.
Posted by: Mayaman, May 22, 2022, 6:30pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Poojah
Here’s to a Notts performance reminiscent of Town at the Millennium Stadium 2006, prior to Slade’s departure. Absolute garbage that day.

That was embarrassing.  I asked an Irish bar in Seville to put it on, which they did.  A bunch of Irish came in asking to see the Gaelic Football final. After all it was an Irish pub.  The landlord stuck by his guns and I got some stick.  Bloody hello, I should have watched the Gaelic Football.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 27, 2022, 12:50pm; Reply: 10
IB has left for FGR,will Hurst be available to talk to Notts on Monday? 😏
Posted by: oochiad, May 27, 2022, 12:55pm; Reply: 11
Halifax and Notts managers desert their sunk ships…..
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 27, 2022, 1:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from oochiad
Halifax and Notts managers desert their sunk ships…..

I don't blame him going tbh,the world of football is very fickle and he's been offered a chance to manage two leagues higher and probably on 2/3;times his salary,I wish him well
Posted by: mariner91, May 27, 2022, 1:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Nah he's happy at a club with a bright future.
Posted by: Poojah, May 27, 2022, 1:26pm; Reply: 14
Next out the door: Phil Parkinson. The Grimsby Reaper is coming.
Posted by: quebec38, May 27, 2022, 3:27pm; Reply: 15
An appointment based on what FGR think he can do for them rather than what he’s done so far. I think it’s a better deal for Burchnall at this time than the veggies.

Saying that I would be really disappointed as a Notts Co fan. Lost their manager who was trying to build something and are about to have the core of a half-decent team broken up. They have gone from 180 minutes away from the football league to (probably) years. Wooton out of contract, Rodrigues set to leave + more.
Posted by: Stew0_0, May 27, 2022, 3:28pm; Reply: 16
Thats Wootton's route back into the football league then
Posted by: RonMariner, May 27, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

No, but we can recommend a guy called Holloway.  Guided two teams to the prem back in the day.  Just the guy for you.

Honest.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 27, 2022, 3:50pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from quebec38
An appointment based on what FGR think he can do for them rather than what he’s done so far. I think it’s a better deal for Burchnall at this time than the veggies.

Saying that I would be really disappointed as a Notts Co fan. Lost their manager who was trying to build something and are about to have the core of a half-decent team broken up. They have gone from 180 minutes away from the football league to (probably) years. Wooton out of contract, Rodrigues set to leave + more.

Dale Vince has been quite open that he didn't want to appoint anyone off the managerial merry-go-round and would rather go for someone young and fresh which, Mark Cooper aside, is something he's been fairly consistent with since taking over at the club.

Like him or not, Vince has big ideas for FGR and despite their ongoing lack of fans through the gates, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do well next season.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 27, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Stew0_0
Thats Wootton's route back into the football league then

Based on his performance on Monday I wouldn't want him at Town, let alone 2 divisions above us (at time of writing).
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 27, 2022, 8:05pm; Reply: 20
Not sure what he’s actually achieved to give him the credibility to jump 2 Divisions?

Despite all the vegan negativity I think Vince is a decent guy and it’s good that he’s bringing someone up from the lower leagues.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 27, 2022, 8:37pm; Reply: 21
I'm pretty sure that IB was on a five year contract at Notts and if we get compensated for him going then fair enough,when Fat Sam left us he slipped a note under the owners door saying that he had left for "family reasons" , a couple of weeks later he was unveiled as the new Bolton manager and Notts got nothing , haven't forgiven him yet the fat git
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 27, 2022, 9:03pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
I'm pretty sure that IB was on a five year contract at Notts and if we get compensated for him going then fair enough,when Fat Sam left us he slipped a note under the owners door saying that he had left for "family reasons" , a couple of weeks later he was unveiled as the new Bolton manager and Notts got nothing , haven't forgiven him yet the fat git

I take it that note was in one of the many brown paper envelopes he hay laying around the house.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 27, 2022, 9:08pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I take it that note was in one of the many brown paper envelopes he hay laying around the house.

The way that he left Notts should have been a warning to what kind of man he would turn out to be
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 27, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

The way that he left Notts should have been a warning to what kind of man he would turn out to be

As you would imagine the Panorama program featuring  him and his son should have done before the FA gave him the top job.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 27, 2022, 9:45pm; Reply: 25
as wrexham are obviously going through tomorrow (according to BT Sport and their fans) the news that Halifax and Notts County have lost their managers only makes next season's National League even more of an open field (and of course which should be to our benefit)
Posted by: RonMariner, May 28, 2022, 6:17pm; Reply: 26
Wonder how long Wrexham manager has.....
Posted by: LH, May 28, 2022, 6:23pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from RonMariner
Wonder how long Wrexham manager has.....

Surely that’s him done. So one dimensional for such high investment.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 28, 2022, 6:52pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from LH

Surely that’s him done. So one dimensional for such high investment.

Well there are vacancies at Notts and Halifax, and after tomorrow possibly Chesterfield for him to apply for.....
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:17am