Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinernige, May 18, 2022, 5:23pm
From the Notts County message board.

There was loads of trouble at Eastleigh train station after the game on Sunday. Many arrests were made. Couldn’t say they were defo Grimsby chavs. But it wouldn’t surprise me.
Posted by: marinernige, May 18, 2022, 5:26pm; Reply: 1
From page three . 'Grimsby ticket info'
Posted by: ska face, May 18, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 2
Can remember reading that load of dog when we played them in February and one of the inbreeds was claiming town fans were climbing over the kiosk counter and stealing from tills. Some very active imaginations on there.

Think they’re all getting themselves a bit worked up over what will probably be an edgy, cagey affair  in a ground full of part-time home fans and away fans that’ve come straight from work.
Posted by: lukeo, May 18, 2022, 5:41pm; Reply: 3
On the trains? Pretty sure 90% of our fans that made thatt journey was by car or coach!
Posted by: aldi_01, May 18, 2022, 6:24pm; Reply: 4
That Notts County forum is a flipping Wild West of crazy ideas and nonsense…out of the 500 or so of us that made the trip on Sunday I’d hazard even less then th numbers they’re quoting even went by train…

Must be excrement being a county fan though, oldest team but completely  irrelevant, even less relevant in their own city…guess the nonsense entertains them…
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 18, 2022, 6:36pm; Reply: 5
I doubt many who went on the train will have used Eastleigh station. Nearest station to their ground is Southampton Airport Parkway.

Plus, if you do a google search for "trouble at Eastleigh train station" it doesn't bring anything up.

A load of nonsense as far as I'm concerned.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 18, 2022, 6:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

Must be excrement being a county fan though, oldest team but completely  irrelevant, even less relevant in their own city…guess the nonsense entertains them…

Well, even less relevant than that as they never were the oldest team, that's Sheffield FC. They did have a claim to being the oldest team in the Football League, but then they got relegated...
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 18, 2022, 6:58pm; Reply: 7
Hasn't this been mentioned in a previous post,it seems strange to start a new thread on it
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 18, 2022, 7:11pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
Hasn't this been mentioned in a previous post,it seems strange to start a new thread on it

Out of interest any Town fans posting on your forum?
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 18, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face

in a ground full of part-time home fans and away fans that’ve come straight from work.

I think that we are the third best supported club in the national league the last time that I looked behind Stockport and Wrexham,that's not bad considering our biggest rivals are three leagues above us and a five minute walk away,how far away are your nearest rivals,45 minutes away or summat?
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 18, 2022, 7:18pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Out of interest any Town fans posting on your forum?

Even I don't post on there anymore, I'm a bit of a journeyman on forums and enjoy the chat before big games and always try to show respect to the fans on them
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 18, 2022, 7:20pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I think that we are the third best supported club in the national league the last time that I looked behind Stockport and Wrexham,that's not bad considering our biggest rivals are three leagues above us and a five minute walk away,how far away are your nearest rivals,45 minutes away or summat?

What a load of balderdash you talk just remind me of the population of Nottingham and surrounding area we are little hampered on this front due to 50% of our surrounding area is fuckung wet
Posted by: aldi_01, May 18, 2022, 7:24pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Your ‘rivals’ literally don’t even care about you…
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, May 18, 2022, 8:03pm; Reply: 13
Ncfc chalky= this year’s Lincs Iron Man
Posted by: Green27, May 18, 2022, 8:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

We can all charge £5 for a match ticket mate. Would love to see your average minus away fans.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 18, 2022, 8:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Those in glass houses should not throw stones, like most clubs we have a few idiots, but all these articles popping up on your forum about how badly our fans are, is ridiculous.
I can never remember in my lifetime as a GTFC supporter seen a player assulted on the pitch at Blundell Park by a fan, last night was disgraceful what happened to Billy Sharp, not the first incident this has happen on a football pitch in Nottingham this season.

Most of us just want to give our support to our team, anyway the 2000 going on Monday, we out sing your support, as a good proportion of your attendance will 1 time charlie's.

Posted by: chaos33, May 18, 2022, 8:18pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

What point are you making? Genuine, in good faith, question?
Posted by: bradzmilne, May 18, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 17
Only trouble in Eastleigh was between their own youngsters and setting off pyros.

Beyond that, didn’t hear a town fan say boo to a goose.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 18, 2022, 8:54pm; Reply: 18
Anyone got any idea what happened to the lad that appeared to be having a fit on the side of thr main road heading back towards the pub?

Lad was deffo a town fan but heard nothing since so I’m assuming/hoping all was alright…
Posted by: ska face, May 18, 2022, 8:59pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

our biggest rivals are three leagues above us and a five minute walk away,

Must eat you up inside that. What an existence.
Posted by: marinerjase, May 18, 2022, 9:09pm; Reply: 20
Is there anything more boring than ‘my clubs got more fans than your club’…zzzzzzz

Tedious..like it is with any club who’s fans use it. Massive Wednesday etc. Ironic applause when an away teams following is announced.

I’ve probably got more time for the 20 odd who follow Dover up and down the country than fans of National League clubs who think they’re above anyone else.

If we get knocked out play offs at any point that’s one of the reasons I’ll be wanting Solihull to knock Wrexham etc off their perch. Love an underdog.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 18, 2022, 9:18pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from aldi_01
Anyone got any idea what happened to the lad that appeared to be having a fit on the side of thr main road heading back towards the pub?

Lad was deffo a town fan but heard nothing since so I’m assuming/hoping all was alright…

If it was the same lad yes he’s fine night in hospital back supporting the town
Posted by: aldi_01, May 18, 2022, 11:10pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from crusty ole pie

If it was the same lad yes he’s fine night in hospital back supporting the town

Good, I’m glad. I think the positive thing to take from it was the amount of folk who stopped, both walking and in cars. Of course, that’s not a good story to tell so it’s ignored and the focus sits elsewhere…
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 18, 2022, 11:30pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin
I doubt many who went on the train will have used Eastleigh station. Nearest station to their ground is Southampton Airport Parkway.

Plus, if you do a google search for "trouble at Eastleigh train station" it doesn't bring anything up.

A load of nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

It should do, I tripped up and banged my knee the first time we played them.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 19, 2022, 6:25am; Reply: 24
It's just click bait from a few individuals who believe that their club is bigger than what it is and is currently once again in the long shadow cast by it's near neighbours who have started to do well again.  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 19, 2022, 6:45am; Reply: 25
Quoted from aldi_01

Good, I’m glad. I think the positive thing to take from it was the amount of folk who stopped, both walking and in cars. Of course, that’s not a good story to tell so it’s ignored and the focus sits elsewhere…

Yes his brother was complimentary of the emergency services including the police
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 19, 2022, 8:42am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Green27

We can all charge £5 for a match ticket mate. Would love to see your average minus away fans.

Is that how much we charge away fans to get in,that's very generous of us,or a you referring to a one off game when we tried (and succeed) to beat the NL attendance record?
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 19, 2022, 8:49am; Reply: 27
Quoted from chaos33

What point are you making? Genuine, in good faith, question?

It was just a reply to ska face who said that ML would be full of part time supporters,so I pointed out that we was the third well supported club in the NL that's all

On a side note,is everyone limited to ten posts a day on heer or just Notts fans? 😊
Posted by: Hagrid, May 19, 2022, 9:06am; Reply: 28
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

It was just a reply to ska face who said that ML would be full of part time supporters,so I pointed out that we was the third well supported club in the NL that's all

On a side note,is everyone limited to ten posts a day on heer or just Notts fans? 😊

heer

no schools in Notts?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 19, 2022, 9:55am; Reply: 29
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Is that how much we charge away fans to get in,that's very generous of us,or a you referring to a one off game when we tried (and succeed) to beat the NL attendance record?

No, you had the one big crowd due to the £5 ticket day, that obviously skews your average somewhat.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 19, 2022, 10:49am; Reply: 30
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Bit precious are we?  It was quite obvious the comment was in relation to the fact that, as with all play-off/big cup games, most football grounds will be full of part-time fans.  It wasn't a dig, it was a fair comment and reflection of who will be in the ground on the night.  As it would be if the fixture was at Blundell Park.

No-one has an issue with you coming on here, in fact most probably welcome the external input.  But few have time for willy waving contests to be quite honest.
Posted by: ska face, May 19, 2022, 10:51am; Reply: 31
Plus if you’re averaging about 6k, and there’ll be 12-15k there on Monday, then I’m mathematically correct. Your 10-post limit gets lifted once you apologise for your insubordination.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 19, 2022, 10:53am; Reply: 32
Give us access to your Notts postcode and we will up it to 25 posts a day.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 19, 2022, 10:58am; Reply: 33
Quoted from ska face
Plus if you’re averaging about 6k, and there’ll be 12-15k there on Monday, then I’m mathematically correct. Your 10-post limit gets lifted once you apologise for your insubordination.

That's a fair comment ska face and admit that I misread what you was implying
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 19, 2022, 11:03am; Reply: 34
Quoted from diehardmariner

No-one has an issue with you coming on here, in fact most probably welcome the external input.  But few have time for willy waving contests to be quite honest.

I'm not the type to do that anyway but whatever I post there's somebody usually that jumps on it
Posted by: ska face, May 19, 2022, 11:06am; Reply: 35
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

That's a fair comment ska face and admit that I misread what you was implying

Good lad, you will find I am fair and non judgemental. Now do you want to run along to the ticket office for us? 1 in the family stand please.
Posted by: Poojah, May 19, 2022, 12:01pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ska face

Good lad, you will find I am fair and non judgemental. Now do you want to run along to the ticket office for us? 1 in the family stand please.

I’ll see you in there. Out of interest, does anyone know whether Town will be wearing blue or red on the night?

Ever the Boy Scout, I’m getting all my drugs and pyros together nice and early and I want to make sure I’ve got the right colour. Wouldn’t want to embarrass myself in front of those friendly Magpies.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 19, 2022, 12:04pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Poojah

I’ll see you in there. Out of interest, does anyone know whether Town will be wearing blue or red on the night?

Ever the Boy Scout, I’m getting all my drugs and pyros together nice and early and I want to make sure I’ve got the right colour. Wouldn’t want to embarrass myself in front of those friendly Magpies.

I went for a purple Smokies…covers red and blue…
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 19, 2022, 12:19pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Poojah

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/6gq6zx.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Poojah, May 19, 2022, 12:21pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Son of Cod

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/6gq6zx.jpg[/img]

Fúcking bravo…

[img]https://media.tenor.com/images/e654e6481b30d2245caaa13181ee4356/tenor.gif[/img]
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 19, 2022, 12:27pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Son of Cod
Give us access to your Notts postcode and we will up it to 25 posts a day.

Do you think I’ll get away with a NG34 postcode???
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 19, 2022, 2:18pm; Reply: 41
Now that it’s been mentioned on here about pyros and smoke bombs ( all in jest) you’ll have Notts fans and the authorities taking it as a certainty, just like at their place earlier when the town fans chanted/ sang about going on the pitch, it was took literally in some quarters. Bloody heck, every clubs fans sing about “ going to win the league “ but hardly anyone believes them.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 19, 2022, 2:34pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

There are numerous Notts fans living in  NG31, NG32 & NG33 areas, so you should be OK as there are likely ones living there too.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 19, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from GYinScuntland

It should do, I tripped up and banged my knee the first time we played them.

Was that on the corner of Daubney Street and Grimsby Road by any chance?  :-/
Posted by: ska face, May 19, 2022, 2:54pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

I’ll give you a tenner to nip down and give it a try if you pick me one up.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 19, 2022, 3:33pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Gaffer58
Now that it’s been mentioned on here about pyros and smoke bombs ( all in jest) you’ll have Notts fans and the authorities taking it as a certainty, .

All in jest?

I've just got back from Oxclose Lane Police Station after giving them all of the inside information that I've managed to collect over the part few days 🙄
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 19, 2022, 3:35pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

All in jest?

I've just got back from Oxclose Lane Police Station after giving them all of the inside information that I've managed to collect over the part few days 🙄

Grass or Sex Offender signing in? b             ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: GYRanger, May 19, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Poojah

Blue kit monday.
Posted by: Maringer, May 19, 2022, 4:14pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Poojah

You could always take both colours to cover all bases. All depends if they'll both fit up there, I suppose.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 4:35pm