Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 3:34pm
Now that I know I can't get a ticket...

I've got a table booked at Sports Bar and Grill in Shoreditch for next Monday a pub/bar with a big screen that'll be showing the match against Notts next Monday. Anyone who fancies joining is welcome, would be great if we could get a few Town fans together.
Posted by: lukeo, May 17, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 1
To save making a new thread anyone in the Taunton area fancy meeting att all stars or something for the game PM me
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 7:21pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from lukeo
To save making a new thread anyone in the Taunton area fancy meeting att all stars or something for the game PM me

Damn, I thought I had my first friend when I saw a reply then!
Posted by: lukeo, May 17, 2022, 7:53pm; Reply: 3
Im so sorry. We can zoom? ๐Ÿ˜‚
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 8:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from lukeo
Im so sorry. We can zoom? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Haha maybe we can do a satellite link to McMenemy's?
Posted by: BraStrap, May 17, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 5
Victory celebrations in Trafalgar Square?
Posted by: MaccasBoots, May 17, 2022, 9:29pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Son of Cod

I've got a table booked at The Fugitive Motel in Bethnal Green for next Monday a pub/bar with a big screen that'll be showing the match against Notts next Monday. Anyone who fancies joining is welcome, would be great if we could get a few Town fans together.

Sounds good! Gutted I wasn't able to get a ticket and had already booked the evening off work so I'll happily come along!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 17, 2022, 9:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Son of Cod

Haha maybe we can do a satellite link to McMenemy's?

Lukeโ€™s on only fans ๐Ÿซฃ
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 17, 2022, 11:10pm; Reply: 8
Not any north wales mariners on here by any chance is there?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 18, 2022, 4:02pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from lukeo

Walkabout Bristol for me mate
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 18, 2022, 6:49pm; Reply: 10
Iโ€™m on holiday in the New Forest, do they have tellys down there? If so need a pub around Lymington/Sawy
Posted by: Yossarian, May 18, 2022, 11:35pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Son of Cod

I've got a table booked at The Fugitive Motel in Bethnal Green for next Monday a pub/bar with a big screen that'll be showing the match against Notts next Monday. Anyone who fancies joining is welcome, would be great if we could get a few Town fans together.

I'm up for it .  I'm in Blackheath but apparently they allow me north of the riiver after 5pm.  I was going to watch alone with my kids complaining about my screaming at the tv....  May I bring some southerners with me?  They support Not-Chelsea-Arsenal-Spurs?

Posted by: Son of Cod, May 23, 2022, 12:00pm; Reply: 12
Had to change the venue for this to Sports Bar and Grill in Shoreditch/Old Street, table booked for 6:30pm though in front of the screen with sound on.
Posted by: SouthwarkMariner, May 23, 2022, 2:49pm; Reply: 13
Still got room?
Posted by: TootingMariner, May 23, 2022, 4:05pm; Reply: 14
I will come too if still room?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 23, 2022, 4:07pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Son of Cod
Had to change the venue for this to Sports Bar and Grill in Shoreditch/Old Street, table booked for 6:30pm though in front of the screen with sound on.

Off to browns after ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿ˜‰
Posted by: Yossarian, May 23, 2022, 4:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from TootingMariner
I will come too if still room?

Looks like a massive place - plenty of room.  Get yourself down there (up there!?!?) - I'm on calls/meetings until about 6 but will be there about 6:30 - got a Canadian friend in tow.....

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, May 23, 2022, 4:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Yossarian

got a Canadian friend in tow.....

Notts Mountie?
Posted by: SouthwarkMariner, May 23, 2022, 6:41pm; Reply: 18
Be there in 20!
Posted by: Grimal, May 23, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Walkabout Bristol for me mate

Not going to watch the game then ?  ;)

Posted by: NewtoN, May 24, 2022, 8:09am; Reply: 20
Really enjoyed watching the game with you London lot last night!

Up the Mariners!!!
Posted by: moosey_club, May 24, 2022, 9:05am; Reply: 21
Quoted from NewtoN
Really enjoyed watching the game with you London lot last night!

Up the Mariners!!!

Hope you had a good time.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 24, 2022, 9:55am; Reply: 22
I actually didn't think to check this thread yesterday afternoon so I had no idea that so many people were gonna show up, genuinely thought there was gonna be about four people!
Posted by: SouthwarkMariner, May 24, 2022, 9:56am; Reply: 23
Had a great night meeting you all
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 24, 2022, 10:19am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Son of Cod
I actually didn't think to check this thread yesterday afternoon so I had no idea that so many people were gonna show up, genuinely thought there was gonna be about four people!

How many of you were there Soc?
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 24, 2022, 10:27am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Les Brechin

How many of you were there Soc?

I think there were about 12/13 of us in the end? Does that sound about right anyone else that was there? Great showing to be fair! Especially Maacasboots who came from Reading!

Posted by: Les Brechin, May 24, 2022, 10:33am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Son of Cod

I think there were about 12/13 of us in the end? Does that sound about right anyone else that was there? Great showing to be fair! Especially Maacasboots who came from Reading!

I'm sure you woke everyone up in a 5 mile radius when those 2 goals went in!  :)
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 24, 2022, 10:52am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Les Brechin

I'm sure you woke everyone up in a 5 mile radius when those 2 goals went in!  :)

Haha yep, I have a vague recollection of one of the people working behind the bar trying to tell us to calm down after the first goal. ;D
Posted by: lee65, May 24, 2022, 10:52am; Reply: 28
Well done all for making this happen, sounds like a great plan worked well  :)
Posted by: SouthwarkMariner, May 24, 2022, 10:57am; Reply: 29
I think it was 11, plus the grimsby couple who just happened to be in the same bar as us ๐Ÿ˜‚
Posted by: Yossarian, May 24, 2022, 11:11am; Reply: 30
Great work - enjoyed that.  I had just about reconciled myself to another season playing Bromley when the goal went in.  Good to meet people and put faces to weird-internet-names,
Posted by: immariner, May 24, 2022, 11:58am; Reply: 31
Quoted from SouthwarkMariner
I think it was 11, plus the grimsby couple who just happened to be in the same bar as us ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love that! Did they join you or did they just introduce themselves as Gy? Similar to someone else who mentioned there happened to be two other Town in the Norfolk broads pub they were in. We're everywhere!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 24, 2022, 11:58am; Reply: 32
You do realise that youโ€™ll have to all meet up again on Saturdayโ€ฆโ€ฆ just because of superstition ๐Ÿ˜‰
Posted by: TootingMariner, May 24, 2022, 12:01pm; Reply: 33
I had a great time too. A match like that made so much better when watching with other Grimsby fans rather than with non-Grimsby folk!
Posted by: NewtoN, May 24, 2022, 12:20pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from SouthwarkMariner

That would be me and my misses ๐Ÿ˜‚
Posted by: MaccasBoots, May 24, 2022, 1:59pm; Reply: 35
Was brilliant, thanks for organising SoC! When our disallowed goal went in I was coming out of the loos and sprinted the length of the bar shouting my head off - only for the goal to be ruled out seconds later...

Still can't quite believe we won!
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:28am