Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2022, 10:31pm

Anything from here is a bonus if you ask me.

Maybe a season too early but you've got to be in it to win it, come on Town.
Posted by: mimma, May 16, 2022, 12:30am; Reply: 1
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, didn't we beat them at their place?

In a one off game anything can happen, dodgy penalty, red card, etc. Let's hope that the players are more confident than you are.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, May 16, 2022, 1:07am; Reply: 2
Quoted from mimma

In a one off game anything can happen, dodgy penalty, red card, etc. Let's hope that the players are more confident than you are.

Completely agree. And as for possibly meeting Wrexham further down the line all the pressure will be on them.
UTM!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 16, 2022, 4:11am; Reply: 3
Quoted from mimma

Yes but we are normally on the recieving end!
Posted by: DB, May 16, 2022, 5:43am; Reply: 4
Quoted from mimma

We play well away from home against good sides and thats who's left in the play offs. We have nothing to fear, the return to the EFL is in our hands.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 16, 2022, 7:14am; Reply: 5
Let the fun begin. A maximum of 2000 tickets according to their website. Though am sure they had nearer 3000 chesterfield there
Posted by: Kris2, May 16, 2022, 3:35pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from DB

We play well away from home against good sides and thats who's left in the play offs. We have nothing to fear, the return to the EFL is in our hands.

It's why having to play Notts County and Wrexham is much better. Hurst's sides have always done better against teams that try to play football against us and less well against teams that use park the bus then counter tactics or play dirty by roughing players up. We have a 1 win and 1 loss record against both of them this season but the games they won were narrow and I don't think they deserved to win on the balance of the game.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 16, 2022, 3:48pm; Reply: 7
Yeah, it's nice to go into the play-offs this time as underdogs. The pressure doesn't feel as great.

Each play-off venture last time we were down here was pressure. Two seasons finishing 11th just built up the frustration (as did two consecutive semi-final defeats, and a final defeat on pens) so by the time it came to the Braintree & Forest Green games in 15/16 we were all pretty frustrated and desperate!

Hence the 'Hurst Out' banner and the ear-cupping.

There isn't one Town fan out there that isn't desperate for us to make an immediate return to the EFL but at least the general vibe from us is a measured one. Realistic about our chances while also acknowledging that there have been loads of positive things happening off the pitch this season that will stand us in good stead for a proper crack at promotion next season if we're not successful this season.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 6:43pm; Reply: 8
If Grimsby beat Notts then I would want Wrexham to get promoted purely because it's getting harder and harder to get out of the NL,gone are the days of this league being full of part timers and past their prime pros and Wrexham probably have the biggest budget of any of us
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 16, 2022, 7:28pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
If Grimsby beat Notts then I would want Wrexham to get promoted purely because it's getting harder and harder to get out of the NL,gone are the days of this league being full of part timers and past their prime pros and Wrexham probably have the biggest budget of any of us

I think all of the play-off teams want that if their team gets knocked out. Oldham and Scunthorpe aren't likely to offer much threat and whilst I imagine the northern teams coming up will be better than Dover, I think they will spend most of the season looking behind them rather than ahead of them. Can't comment on the southern teams but we would have to fancy our chances if Wrexham went up.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:18pm