Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 2:00pm
Battersby, Cropper, Pearson, Bramwell, Crookes, Jones, Burgess, Coke, Wright, Maguire-Drew, Dieseruvwe.

Subs: Tomlinson, Braithwaite, Khouri, Raikhy, Abrahams.
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 2:02pm; Reply: 1
Say you want to finish 7th without saying you want to finish 7th.
Posted by: davmariner, May 15, 2022, 2:03pm; Reply: 2
Really unimpressed with Hurst. McKeown has played for us for 10 years. Fair enough he’s not our number 1 anymore, but you’d have thought giving him a game in a dead rubber match would have been an easy thing to do as a mark of respect.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 15, 2022, 2:06pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from davmariner
Really unimpressed with Hurst. McKeown has played for us for 10 years. Fair enough he’s not our number 1 anymore, but you’d have thought giving him a game in a dead rubber match would have been an hi easy thing to do as a mark of respect.

I was told weeks ago by someone who had spoken to Macca that he had been made 3rd choice
Posted by: TAGG, May 15, 2022, 2:07pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from davmariner
Really unimpressed with Hurst. McKeown has played for us for 10 years. Fair enough he’s not our number 1 anymore, but you’d have thought giving him a game in a dead rubber match would have been an easy thing to do as a mark of respect.

We all knew it would be a drastically changed team so no argument there but agree wholeheartedly about James.
Lack of class from Hurst
Posted by: Davec, May 15, 2022, 2:07pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from davmariner

This game could be vital experience for Battersby, unfortunately there is not much room for sentiment in football and rightly so imo.
Posted by: Fette Schlange, May 15, 2022, 2:08pm; Reply: 6
Who’s Coke?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 15, 2022, 2:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Poojah
Say you want to finish 7th without saying you want to finish 7th.

Aldershot complaint incoming - robbed of 19th
Posted by: LH, May 15, 2022, 2:09pm; Reply: 8
McKeown has definitely done something to really urine PH off hasn’t he?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 15, 2022, 2:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from davmariner

Well done Hurst I say. Maccas had his time, had a testimonial year and has the respect of the fans. If Hurst sees Battersby as the man to replace Crocombe in an emergency then he has to play.
Posted by: TonySmith, May 15, 2022, 2:11pm; Reply: 10
  Hurst is looking to the future rather than the past by putting Battersby in goal. He wants to see how he handles it in a game where you'd have to think he'll get plenty of opportunities to show what he can do. It's not a sentimental choice, but it certainly makes sense.
Posted by: davmariner, May 15, 2022, 2:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Davec

This game could be vital experience for Battersby, unfortunately there is not much room for sentiment in football and rightly so imo.

Well on that basis, why play Coke? Who is clearly not going to play for us next season.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 15, 2022, 2:12pm; Reply: 12
McKeown shouldn't be strolling into the match day squad on sentiment. Battetsby will probably be here next season, McKeown won't be. Makes total sense to try him out in a competitive game to see how he handles the pressure. And for those who are unhappy and feel McKeown is being hard done by - the club awarded him a testimonial earlier this season, so the suggestion he's been poorly treated is totally off the mark!
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 15, 2022, 2:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from davmariner

Well on that basis, why play Coke? Who is clearly not going to play for us next season.

Because the YT midfielders aren't as far along in their progression as Battetsby, who is older and on a professional contract? Probably thinks they're not quite at the required level to start a game yet (something I'd agree with based on watching a few of them in preseason this year)
Posted by: AndyGTFC, May 15, 2022, 2:16pm; Reply: 14
Obviously doesn't want any injuries ahead of the play-offs but surprised Macca's not getting a farewell appearance.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 15, 2022, 2:16pm; Reply: 15
All the key players wrapped in cotton wool makes total sense to me
Hope wright completes 90 minutes there’s a player in there if only he can get that fitness sorted
Posted by: davmariner, May 15, 2022, 2:17pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Chrisblor
McKeown shouldn't be strolling into the match day squad on sentiment. Battetsby will probably be here next season, McKeown won't be. Makes total sense to try him out in a competitive game to see how he handles the pressure. And for those who are unhappy and feel McKeown is being hard done by - the club awarded him a testimonial earlier this season, so the suggestion he's been poorly treated is totally off the mark!

The testimonial is probably contractual rather than a goodwill gesture from the club. We’re talking about a player who has given us over 10 years of service, who has turned down lucrative contracts elsewhere to stay and help the club back to where it should be.

Of course, that doesn’t guarantee that anyone should play, but in a dead rubber game ahead of the play offs, when a player is likely leaving - then why not give him a final run out? Do you really think Battersby is going to learn much by picking the ball out of the net repeatedly playing in a weakened team?
Posted by: Abdul19, May 15, 2022, 2:19pm; Reply: 17
40% of our back 5 are Coronation Street characters, the highest since 1973 when Barlow and the Ogden brothers lined up against Workington.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, May 15, 2022, 2:23pm; Reply: 18
If something happens to Crocombe and Hurst sees Battersby as the No2 he would feature in play offs surely he has to play today get some match practice.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 15, 2022, 2:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from crusty ole pie
All the key players wrapped in cotton wool makes total sense to me
Hope wright completes 90 minutes there’s a player in there if only he can get that fitness sorted

You cant be right  :) Pearson in and Waterfall out,  I know which of the two I would protect. Also are we playing with 3 at the back but only one CD or a 4 with a midfielder filling in somewhere?
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 2:34pm; Reply: 20
A few young’uns in the Eastleigh lineup.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EastleighFC/status/1525827816817934338
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Fette Schlange
Who’s Coke?

It's what whoever picked this team is on. I wouldn't have travelled all that way to watch Town Reserves - fair enough resting a few players but not the whole team
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 2:39pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from golfer

It's what whoever picked this team is on. I wouldn't have travelled all that way to watch Town Reserves - fair enough resting a few players but not the whole team

End of season dead rubber in wholesale team change shocker.
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 2:46pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from golfer

I heard a rumour somebody was cycling all the way there.
Posted by: acko338, May 15, 2022, 2:46pm; Reply: 24
Hope that the loyal away fans get a fair display from the chosen 16.

Good chance for experience, but an admission that 5th is not an option today.

Just hope that Notts County don't go and lose now  - that would be embarrassing !
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 2:49pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from acko338
Hope that the loyal away fans get a fair display from the chosen 16.

Good chance for experience, but an admission that 5th is not an option today.

Just hope that Notts County don't go and lose now  - that would be embarrassing !

Only if they lose about 5-0. Which they won’t.
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2022, 2:49pm; Reply: 26
I bet the commentator is having to look up photos to see who is who.  Thingy passes to whatshisname who passes to Coke on the halfway line who passes back to Crocombe ,- er Macca  ,- I mean that young lad.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 15, 2022, 2:52pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from golfer
I bet the commentator is having to look up photos to see who is who.  Thingy passes to whatshisname who passes to Coke on the halfway line who passes back to Crocombe ,- er Macca  ,- I mean that young lad.

There's exactly one debutant in our starting lineup. What the intercourse are you on about?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2022, 2:58pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from davmariner

I'm not sure a dead rubba away at Eastleigh with the second string in front of him would be a fitting finale for Macca, but I do completely get what your saying and to a degree I don't disagree.

Ollie has earned his place I reckon, he's a good prospect and if he's part of it for next year today makes sense.      
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, May 15, 2022, 2:59pm; Reply: 29
Underwhelmed by this selection although I understand Eastleigh have put out some youngsters as well - so all is not lost.
If Chesterfield win & we lose that 4 goal advantage goes down the pan & we finish 7th.
That looks like Solihull away & I really didn't want that - beat us twice already. & very limited away support for us.
If it's Halifax - again I think we were limited to 500 Mariners in the league fixture & 1 point only won in the two games.
A full house at Notts with + 2k Mariners would have been a better scenario IMO.
C'est la vie - it's in the lap of the gods now.
UTM.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 15, 2022, 3:01pm; Reply: 30
Eastleigh Reserves vs Grimsby B

Its going to be riveting.

I don't think there will be many correct goalscorers guessed in the match prediction post.

Has anyone guessed Trialist 2 will score a hattrick?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 15, 2022, 3:03pm; Reply: 31
Don't care what team he puts out. This game means nothing in the grand scheme.

Just let the manager manage is my thoughts.

As for Macca, we owe him nothing and he is the past.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2022, 3:04pm; Reply: 32
I'm trying to work out who Bramwell is TBH?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 33
I think hursts done the right thing. Never know could still win and be nice to see any of these players get a goal
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 3:06pm; Reply: 34
Who is co commentator?
Posted by: Perkins, May 15, 2022, 3:08pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Who is co commentator?

Connell

Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 3:08pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Who is co commentator?

Alan Connell
Posted by: GrimPol, May 15, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Mayaman

I heard a rumour somebody was cycling all the way there.

A pushbiker got arrested riding on the motorway M3 near Eastleigh and going to Eastleigh.
Not sure he was speeding  :) or on speed 8) .
They're not sure if he was shouting "Up Yours" or "Up the Mariners " when tried to stop him ;D
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 3:15pm; Reply: 38
Stockport and Solihull winning
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 3:19pm; Reply: 39
Seem to be doing quite well so far
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 3:22pm; Reply: 40
Mani needs to show what he's made of, he's a free agent now.
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 41
JMD 1-0
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 3:31pm; Reply: 42
Goal JMD scores 1 - 0 up
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 43
JMD!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 44
1-0 Town

JMD 🤩
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 45
Get in!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 46
Get in
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 47
Start of a 7-0 win
Posted by: dicko995, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 48
Would of been nice to see Town go for goals, in case Notts County slip up, but not to be
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 49
Nice one!
Posted by: Kris2, May 15, 2022, 3:33pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from davmariner

The testimonial is probably contractual rather than a goodwill gesture from the club. We’re talking about a player who has given us over 10 years of service, who has turned down lucrative contracts elsewhere to stay and help the club back to where it should be.

Of course, that doesn’t guarantee that anyone should play, but in a dead rubber game ahead of the play offs, when a player is likely leaving - then why not give him a final run out? Do you really think Battersby is going to learn much by picking the ball out of the net repeatedly playing in a weakened team?

It probably wasn't that lucrative lol. He also decided to stay due to his family over the club, his wife didn't want to move and his kids have settled in the area and would have to leave their school and friends. It had nothing to do with wanting to help the club, he more or less stayed to see us relegated back down with him as first choice keeper.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 51
Im sure the mckeown situation isnt as dramatised as some think and like many players who perhaps havnt got the perfect send off or ones whove become manager and then been sacked, he'll be welcomed back any time and applauded any time he returns
Posted by: mimma, May 15, 2022, 3:39pm; Reply: 52
Apparently Town are winning 1-0. JMD.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 15, 2022, 3:40pm; Reply: 53
I’m watching West Ham v Citeh on the telly.
Trying to suss out where best to get my ticket for the final. 😉
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 3:42pm; Reply: 54
2-0 Solihull
Posted by: rancido, May 15, 2022, 3:43pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from davmariner

Well at the moment the only keeper picking the ball out of the back of the net is the Eastleigh one.
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 3:43pm; Reply: 56
Penalty to town
Posted by: supertown, May 15, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Civvy at last
I’m watching West Ham v Citeh on the telly.
Trying to suss out where best to get my ticket for the final. 😉

Ticket office ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 58
Pen to Town
Posted by: forza ivano, May 15, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I'm trying to work out who Bramwell is TBH?

https://gtfc.co.uk/manager/jamie-bramwell/

i didn't know either!

ps has battersby played for first team before?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 60
Get in 2-0
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 61
2-0 Dieseruvwe from the spot
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 62
2-0 Town

Mani wins it and then dispatches it
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 15, 2022, 3:45pm; Reply: 63
5 more please and hopefully County lose  ;D
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 3:45pm; Reply: 64
Well done Mani lad.  
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 3:45pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from forza ivano

i didn't know either!

Once in the EFL trophy Vs Leicester
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2022, 3:47pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from forza ivano

i didn't know either!

Cheers Forza!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 3:48pm; Reply: 67
Boston 0-0 at half time
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 3:49pm; Reply: 68
Well done town
Posted by: TAGG, May 15, 2022, 3:49pm; Reply: 69
I really do hope something could be worked out with Max to stay with us but unfortunately I doubt it.
Such a good player, what a shame.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 15, 2022, 3:52pm; Reply: 70
We're bossing this match. Totally in control, Pearson and Bramwell looking impervious.
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 3:52pm; Reply: 71
Only five goals to head above Notts County.  If we get 3 and Maidenhead score 2 that's it   Unlikely but not impossible.
Posted by: toontown, May 15, 2022, 3:55pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Chrisblor

I think if Hurst sees Battersby as our genuine no2 keeper now it's fair enough, buy not if its purely for experience and in the event of a crocombe injury mckeown would be his replacement. However I think it looks like Hurst does indeed prefer Battersby over mckeown. Even then though I would have liked to see mckeown on the bench and able to make a sentimental last appearance, Battersby could still play 99% of the game and get the benefit and in a dead rubber game the loss of 1 place on the bench to mckeown is no loss at all, but would gave been a nice touch.

Anyway wasnt to be. Come on town.
Posted by: acko338, May 15, 2022, 4:00pm; Reply: 73
Looks like the squad players are giving it a good go !

I hope that Raikhy gets a few minutes in the 2nd half to show what he can do.
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 74
Raikhy on!
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:04pm; Reply: 75
Raikhy back for 2nd half
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 15, 2022, 4:04pm; Reply: 76
Come on Town press on
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 77
2-1
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 78
1-2
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 79
Sh!t let them score 2 - 1
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 4:13pm; Reply: 80
1-2

Sounds like it was a cheap goal to concede

Eastleigh sound like they’ve upped their game since HT
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:14pm; Reply: 81
2-2 ffs
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 15, 2022, 4:14pm; Reply: 82
2-2
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:14pm; Reply: 83
Oh feck 2-2
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 4:14pm; Reply: 84
Bloody hell town
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:14pm; Reply: 85
2 - 2 now
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 4:15pm; Reply: 86
Jeez

2-2

All the hard work undone
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:15pm; Reply: 87
Stockport 2-0
Daggers 1-0 against Wrexham
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:15pm; Reply: 88
Stockport 2-0, should seal the title
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 89
I need a guinness
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 90
Dagenham 1-0 up against Wrexham
Posted by: Abdul19, May 15, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 91
Arses

And Stockport up
Posted by: TAGG, May 15, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 92
What the intercourse :B
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 93
Come on Woking!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2022, 4:17pm; Reply: 94
Am guessing that’s 6th then!
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:17pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Stockport 2-0
Daggers 1-0 against Wrexham

Chesterfield need to hang on

Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:17pm; Reply: 96
We're on the ropes here
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:18pm; Reply: 97
3-2 Mani!!!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:18pm; Reply: 98
Get in 3-2
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 15, 2022, 4:18pm; Reply: 99
Back infront!
Posted by: Abdul19, May 15, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 100
oi oi
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 101
3-2 Dieseruvwe
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 102
3-2 Town

Second for Mani 👏👏
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 103
Goooal back in front thanka to Manni
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 104
Gonna try and top wrexham dovers 6-5 result at this rate
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2022, 4:20pm; Reply: 105
Thanks tranmere for releasing mani
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 106
Well done mani!!
Posted by: oochiad, May 15, 2022, 4:22pm; Reply: 107
He’s the Mani!!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2022, 4:23pm; Reply: 108

Dag & Red 1-0 Wrexham

A goal for Woking would put Chesterfield out of the play-offs as it stands.
Posted by: immariner, May 15, 2022, 4:26pm; Reply: 109
All Halifax eyes turn to Chesterfield. One Woking goal and it's potentially a resurgent Daggers in the play offs quarter final instead of a beleaguered Chesterfield
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 4:27pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from promotion plaice

Dag & Red 1-0 Wrexham

A goal for Woking would put Chesterfield out of the play-offs as it stands.

Woking have had one in the back of the net, but disallowed. 9,000 nervous Chesterfield fans there today.
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:28pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from Poojah

Woking have had one in the back of the net, but disallowed. 9,000 nervous Chesterfield fans there today.

Apparently they have sold out of toilet rolls

Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 112
Notts winning
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 113
3-3
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 114
God that burgess is absolute junk
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 15, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 115
3-3  :B
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 116
3-3 (eek)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 4:30pm; Reply: 117
3-3

Another sloppy goal given away
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:30pm; Reply: 118
Sh!t back to drawing, let hope we get these bad errors out of our system
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2022, 4:31pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from DB

Apparently they have sold out of toilet rolls

Sh1t happens
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:33pm; Reply: 120
3-0 Solihull
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:33pm; Reply: 121
556 town fans
Posted by: oochiad, May 15, 2022, 4:35pm; Reply: 122
Wow good effort from the town faithful! UTM!
Posted by: Grimal, May 15, 2022, 4:39pm; Reply: 123
Boston  one up  Danny elliott
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:39pm; Reply: 124
Boston winning
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:39pm; Reply: 125
Boston York final then!
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:41pm; Reply: 126
Sounds poor from Abrahams that, mani waiting for a tap in and Abrahams went himself
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2022, 4:43pm; Reply: 127
Connell been on the aperitifs by the sound of it
Posted by: Abdul19, May 15, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from Hagrid
Boston York final then!

Think Boston won at York a few weeks back too. 3 away wins to go up would be some going.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 129
Well done Mani!!
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 130
4-3 Mani HT
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 131
4-3 up
Posted by: Abdul19, May 15, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 132
SIGN HIM UP!
Posted by: Mayaman, May 15, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 133
Give him a permanent contract.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 134
4-3 Town

Mani hat trick 🐟 🐟 🐟
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 135
4-3 up hat trick for Manni, looking good - again!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 136
Connell been on the aperitifs by the sound of it
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 15, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 137
Well deserved
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:46pm; Reply: 138
Max off for Tomlinson
Posted by: TAGG, May 15, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 139
Nice hat trick Big man
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 140
Sign him up!
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 141
penaly for them
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 142
intercourse off ref you jobsworth sharp object
Posted by: Grimal, May 15, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 143
peno to boston  0  --  2       elliott
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 144
4-4
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 145
2-0 Boston
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 146
4 - 4
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 15, 2022, 4:49pm; Reply: 147
Pen to Eastleigh

4-4
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2022, 4:49pm; Reply: 148
Quoted from out of town
4-4

That's my prediction blown out of the water  :B

Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 149
Dagenham 3-0
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 150
Well theres worse ways to play out a dead rubber
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:51pm; Reply: 151
Hopefully this is a sign of Wrexham's mentality in big games
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 152
What a stupid comment from JT "its a good job it's not crucial for Town" well if it was I'd suggest we would have the first Team out.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 15, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 153
Quoted from DB
Sh!t back to drawing, let hope we get these bad errors out of our system

And crap team selections.
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 154
Full time, Notts County away, COME ON TOWN
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 155

Full Time...Eastleigh 4-4 Town
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:54pm; Reply: 156
I'd laugh my bottom off if chesterfield concede a late winner
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 15, 2022, 4:54pm; Reply: 157
York at home to Boston in the final!  As York finished higher in the league.   A guaranteed local derby for us.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 4:55pm; Reply: 158
The most important players who could come off the bench did well thats whats important, a weird forgettable 4-4 doesnt affect the mentality going into the playoffs. Happy with that overall personally
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 4:55pm; Reply: 159
Chesterfield limp into the play-offs with a draw
Posted by: Grimal, May 15, 2022, 4:55pm; Reply: 160
F/T    fylde 0  --  Boston 2

York v Boston  final next Saturday.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 15, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 161
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I'd laugh my bottom off if chesterfield concede a late winner
Great minds think alike.  8) ;D
Posted by: Plankton, May 15, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 162
Lesson in how not to defend there for the play-offs
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 15, 2022, 4:57pm; Reply: 163
Chesterfield have survived.
Any news on Tshimanga?

Edit:
It had previously been said that the forward might have a ‘slim chance’ of returning towards the end of the campaign but manager Paul Cook has revealed his season is over.

"He will not make the play-offs at all,” Cook told the DT.
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 15, 2022, 4:58pm; Reply: 164
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
York at home to Boston in the final!  As York finished higher in the league.   A guaranteed local derby for us.

Hopefully not!  ;)
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 165
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Any news on Tshimanga?

Doesnt matter they’re excrement and we wont be playing them
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 166
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Any news on Tshimanga?

The news is that he'll be playing for Chesterfield in the National League next season. He's still crocked.

Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 15, 2022, 5:00pm; Reply: 167
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Any news on Tshimanga?

Been said he will not be available
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2022, 5:01pm; Reply: 168
2000 tickets for Notts Cty.
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 169
Quoted from arryarryarry

And crap team selections.

At Christmas time I started a thread "Hurst Out" due to the bad run we had. I'm happy to say I was wrong because Hurst has got us into the play offs and who would have thought that at Christmas. Todays selection of what was called a "B" team by one forumite have shown Hurst how much of a Squad he has in Depth.

Manni showed he has potential and Burgess showed he wants a P45. A run out for JMD, and a goal, and minutes on the pitch for Raikhy. A big thank you, and safe journey home, to the 556 fans who travelled none of home would have predicted an 8 goal thriller.

On the whole a point away from home for the "B" team.

Posted by: gtfc_chris, May 15, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 170
Quoted from davmariner

I have a great deal of time and respect for Macca but I think PH has done right here. If Macca's service has come to an end then it means someone else's will be beginning. Battersby is unlikely to get any game time other than friendlies in the summer but will need to experience this level if we are to see his capability/potential to be a future number 1. This type of game is ideal where there is an element of pressure being first team competitive, but not so much that it could cost us a play-off place.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 15, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 171
A result that didn't matter in the end. Win, lose or draw, we would have finished 6th anyway, so the game has been useful in that Mani may have earned himself a deal, some young pro's got some experience and some fringe players got game time in case they are needed. Raikhy got a run out too.

All in all, no harm no foul.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 15, 2022, 5:14pm; Reply: 172
When do the county tickets go on sale?
Posted by: immariner, May 15, 2022, 5:15pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from golfer
2000 tickets for Notts Cty.

How boring and predictable. They gave Coventry over 4k for a play off game only a few years ago and Chesterfield 3k only a few weeks ago
Posted by: mimma, May 15, 2022, 5:25pm; Reply: 174
In a one off playoff game, they should at least give the away tether maximum allocation. It's unfair that we only have to play one game away as it is, without making sure that County can blatantly restrict our support on the night.
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2022, 5:25pm; Reply: 175
How can you drop a player who scores a hat trick ?
Posted by: Meza, May 15, 2022, 5:26pm; Reply: 176
is it because we can only give out 1800 seems fair to me.
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from Davec

I'm sure this game boosted his confidence
Posted by: ginnywings, May 15, 2022, 5:30pm; Reply: 178
Quoted from Meza
is it because we can only give out 1800 seems fair to me.

No!

Their ground capacity is more than double ours. Percentage wise, they have stiffed us and I doubt they will sell out the whole ground.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 15, 2022, 5:38pm; Reply: 179
Quoted from golfer
How can you drop a player who scores a hat trick ?

Because it was an end of season dead rubber with very little riding on it, against the 19th place team who played the first 45 minutes with a bunch of out of their depth youth team players in their side. JJ Hooper once scored a final day of the season hat-trick a few years ago, doesn't mean we made a mistake releasing him afterwards (as evidenced by his post-town career trajectory)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 15, 2022, 5:38pm; Reply: 180
Quoted from mimma
In a one off playoff game, they should at least give the away tether maximum allocation. It's unfair that we only have to play one game away as it is, without making sure that County can blatantly restrict our support on the night.

If it was us finishing 5th, would you prefer to have half of the Osmond with town fans or rammed full of Notts County fans?

It is different for Notts as they have a much bigger stadium but it is predictable that in a one off game, the home team limits away support.
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 5:40pm; Reply: 181
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If it was us finishing 5th, would you prefer to have half of the Osmond with town fans or rammed full of Notts County fans?

It is different for Notts as they have a much bigger stadium but it is predictable that in a one off game, the home team limits away support.

There won't be any home fans in that stand
Posted by: mimma, May 15, 2022, 6:15pm; Reply: 182
In the FA cup the away team get 20% of the allocation. If it was here, they would get the full Osmond stand. We wouldn't limit it to say 1,000. They would get the full stand. The only reason they will limit us is to stiffle the atmosphere that we will make. If they are allowed to get away with it then they are trying to cheat us.
Posted by: MaccasBoots, May 15, 2022, 6:18pm; Reply: 183
It just seems odd to me that county are even allowed to do this...surely if it gets to 3 or 4 days before and they've not sold out, town fans should be allowed to buy the excess? Why deny fans the opportunity to support their team and watch a game AND deny the club money?
Posted by: pizzzza, May 15, 2022, 6:32pm; Reply: 184
Quoted from mimma
In the FA cup the away team get 20% of the allocation

15% I think
Posted by: RonMariner, May 15, 2022, 6:41pm; Reply: 185
Would it be worth approaching Notts and saying that if the allocation is restricted to 2,000 it is likely that several hundred Grimsby fans will turn up and buy tickets for the hone end, so probably better to increase the allocation.

Worth a try. At the end of the day Notts might be turning down over £40,000 in additional revenue by limiting us to 2,000 tickets.

Hopefully the club will be making representations to Notts about this issue.
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 10:31pm; Reply: 186
Not sure who thought it was a great idea to hold the post-match interview outside, in the middle of the Eastleigh end of season awards, but here’s what you can make of Hursty’s post-match thoughts.

https://youtu.be/5W0iHpwuoRg
Posted by: aldi_01, May 15, 2022, 10:39pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from RonMariner
Would it be worth approaching Notts and saying that if the allocation is restricted to 2,000 it is likely that several hundred Grimsby fans will turn up and buy tickets for the hone end, so probably better to increase the allocation.

Worth a try. At the end of the day Notts might be turning down over £40,000 in additional revenue by limiting us to 2,000 tickets.

Hopefully the club will be making representations to Notts about this issue.

A game like this, there won’t be the town fans in the home like everyone claims as they’ll cancel orders from ‘new subscribers’ like they always do.

All all this bleating on about ticket allocations makes us sound like Leeds. It is what it is, we all knew deep down we’d get 2000. No point moaning…and besides, should we end up at Wrexham, we’ll get even less…
Posted by: toontown, May 15, 2022, 10:46pm; Reply: 188
Quoted from aldi_01

A game like this, there won’t be the town fans in the home like everyone claims as they’ll cancel orders from ‘new subscribers’ like they always do.

All all this bleating on about ticket allocations makes us sound like Leeds. It is what it is, we all knew deep down we’d get 2000. No point moaning…and besides, should we end up at Wrexham, we’ll get even less…

Apparently the rules state clubs have to give a minimum 10% of the ground or 600, whichever is more, so county have given the least they could to us. No idea what Wrexhams ground is but I wouldhazard a guess at 9k? So we may only get 900 tickets :(
What did we get for the league fixture?

All this assumes were even there of course....
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 15, 2022, 10:54pm; Reply: 189
Quoted from Poojah
Not sure who thought it was a great idea to hold the post-match interview outside, in the middle of the Eastleigh end of season awards, but here’s what you can make of Hursty’s post-match thoughts.

https://youtu.be/5W0iHpwuoRg

The Radio Humberside version sounds fine and is perfectly listenable - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0c6y8d8
Posted by: aldi_01, May 15, 2022, 10:54pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from toontown

Apparently the rules state clubs have to give a minimum 10% of the ground or 600, whichever is more, so county have given the least they could to us. No idea what Wrexhams ground is but I wouldhazard a guess at 9k? So we may only get 900 tickets :(
What did we get for the league fixture?

All this assumes were even there of course....

So had we been at home we’d have given them 1000 tops…ironic really that we’d do what every other club dies and minimise the amount of away fans for an important game.

Whoever gets through will only get 1500 or so for Wrexham…they’ve only got 3 stands…
Posted by: toontown, May 15, 2022, 11:00pm; Reply: 191
Quoted from aldi_01

So had we been at home we’d have given them 1000 tops…ironic really that we’d do what every other club dies and minimise the amount of away fans for an important game.

Whoever gets through will only get 1500 or so for Wrexham…they’ve only got 3 stands…

No I don't think we would. We would have given them the main part of the osmond  but maybe left the corner empty for 'segregation' purposes,so pro ably 1500 ish if that's what the main bit of the osmond holds? Perhaps 1800. Maybe then blocked off the front few rows for 'safety'  again, but more than 1000 I'm sure.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 2:50pm