Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 5, 2022, 7:50am
He's played 9 games since joining on loan in March and says nothing but good things about Notts County but he's returned to Forest with 2 games left and the potential play-offs. Seems a bit weird...

[url]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/forgotten-midfielder-comments-after-return-7035359[/url]
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, May 5, 2022, 8:09am; Reply: 1

Hmmm.

Presumably he's off on holiday.or a coaching course? But the journalist didn't ask! And didn't get a quote from notts Co, or even some county fans either, really strange, especially given the 2 clubs in the same city.

Imagine our reaction if Smith suddenly went back to Hull for no apparent reason?!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 5, 2022, 8:17am; Reply: 2
Is he eligible to play for forest in their play offs?
Posted by: aldi_01, May 5, 2022, 8:22am; Reply: 3
Forest possibly bringing back in form, fit players for the playoffs…
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 5, 2022, 8:52am; Reply: 4
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Is he eligible to play for forest in their play offs?

Probably but I can't see them throwing in a 32 year old who has played 13 Championship games, 4 League One games and 9 National League games in the last 2 years.

The wording is that he's returned rather than been recalled so maybe something has gone on and they are more likely to bottle it than Chesterfield?
Posted by: ska face, May 5, 2022, 9:48am; Reply: 5
Don’t think their fans were mad keen on him, from what I’ve seen on their forum.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 5, 2022, 12:02pm; Reply: 6
Reckon there's more chance of Danny Rose playing for us in the playoffs than there is of Arter playing for Forest in theirs!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 5, 2022, 6:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
Reckon there's more chance of Danny Rose playing for us in the playoffs than there is of Arter playing for Forest in theirs!

Don't even joke about it........
Posted by: RonMariner, May 6, 2022, 11:38am; Reply: 8
Still, a player who has played at championship level recently would surely have been an asset in the 5th tier play offs. So it must be regarded as a loss, just not sure how big a one.
Posted by: quebec38, May 6, 2022, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
Doesn’t sound like it worked out as well as I guess we all assumed it would. I work with a Mansfield fan who said the same about Longstaff since Christmas - steady but not torn the league to shreds.

Still see it as a bit of a positive though that they have lost a player who was playing international and prem football not too long ago.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, May 7, 2022, 7:52am; Reply: 10
Thought that was a hell of a signing for them. Played well over 200 games in the Premier league and only 32. Good he's gone back for us as our paths may well meet.
Print page generated: May 14, 2024, 12:45pm