Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 29, 2022, 8:09am
Not sure if this winds suppose to drop this afternoon but could make for a strange old game, certainly as Wealdstone like the ball in the air!..
Any way, UTM and let's gets a win, sick of wanting to throw myself into a bottle vodka every Saturday evening...
Posted by: Maringer, January 29, 2022, 8:29am; Reply: 1
My weather app seems to think it will be a little less windy this afternoon than at present. Not much though! Gusting mid-40s this afternoon instead of mid-50s this morning. Will no doubt be a crappy game as it tends to be in strong winds.

At least it is forecast to be dry. That's something.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2022, 9:51am; Reply: 2
I'm in York at the moment and it's blowing a hooly. Sky is black as coal. About to head back to GY in a campervan, so should be interesting.

It's quite strange how often it seems to be windy on match day. Been still and calm all week.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 29, 2022, 10:57am; Reply: 3
Ginny, will watch out for you on the way.  We are setting off from York soon.  If you are reading this, check that the Humber Bridge is open to camper vans.  It should be.
Posted by: dicko995, January 29, 2022, 11:04am; Reply: 4
Did you stay at Rowntree, ginnywings?  at least the wind will be behind you travelling back, safe travel home.
Posted by: TAGG, January 29, 2022, 12:33pm; Reply: 5
It is supposed to drop this afternoon.
Just been over Anthony's Bank with the dogs, it was a bit fresh.
Posted by: Kris2, January 29, 2022, 12:39pm; Reply: 6
Was woken up this morning by a branch that had been ripped off the tree outside smacking the fence  ??)

Not the best conditions to play football in, hopefully it calms down later and the cobbled together walls of Blundell Park survive the onslaught.
Posted by: acko338, January 29, 2022, 2:46pm; Reply: 7
Good opportunity to play football on the floor and see some more accurate passing.

They have to prove they can adapt.

Back to Dover, ball on the floor, accurate passing - 6- 0.

Hopefully Efete back will shore up the right flank and put pressure on their left side defenders, if he and Souza can click again.
Posted by: Saudimariner, January 29, 2022, 3:00pm; Reply: 8
I'm in my house in Maine, hoping we will still have power so I can get the score updates on the Telegraph website.  We're in the middle of a bomb cyclone right now, winds nearly hurricane force and 2 feet of snow expected in the next 24 hours.

Still, I'd prefer to be at BP.  UTMM!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2022, 9:58pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from dicko995
Did you stay at Rowntree, ginnywings?  at least the wind will be behind you travelling back, safe travel home.

Sorry, just seen this post. Yes, we were at Rowntree.

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:54pm