Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: davmariner, January 27, 2022, 8:35pm
https://twitter.com/bbcteessport/status/1486798722814164995?s=21

Posted by: Simon, January 27, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 1
Thank god for that
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 27, 2022, 8:42pm; Reply: 2
Phew...maybe we can move away from him now...he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods now...should do well there but as I said "should"..
Posted by: Hagrid, January 27, 2022, 8:42pm; Reply: 3
Well he’s steadily making his way down the leagues. 2 and a half year deal, he doesnt wanna come here.
Posted by: Poojah, January 27, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 4
Not Hartlepool. Anyone but Hartlepool.

Well, not anyone, but almost...
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 27, 2022, 9:01pm; Reply: 5
Probably about his level. Did well for us in league 2 for the half a season he played.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, January 27, 2022, 9:06pm; Reply: 6
And to think that nobody believed me, when I shared info that we were trying again for him.

The common opinion was that he was going nowhere, as he was getting back into the reckoning at Doncaster.

I’m a bit gutted that we didn’t secure him. As I said at the time, wasn’t sure how reliable the info was that we was trying. But he was certainly on the move somewhere.

Oh well we move on
Posted by: GibMariner, January 27, 2022, 9:11pm; Reply: 7
Maybe lack of money / resources as PH eluded.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 27, 2022, 9:15pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GibMariner
Maybe lack of money / resources as PH eluded.

Or maybe Hurst actually said last week that you and your cronies are absolutely ridiculous for suggesting Omar Bogle is linked with us every 5 minutes and need to give it a rest.
Posted by: Ruston AT, January 27, 2022, 9:19pm; Reply: 9

three and a half year contract....really!
Posted by: Simon, January 27, 2022, 9:22pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
And to think that nobody believed me, when I shared info that we were trying again for him.

The common opinion was that he was going nowhere, as he was getting back into the reckoning at Doncaster.

I’m a bit gutted that we didn’t secure him. As I said at the time, wasn’t sure how reliable the info was that we was trying. But he was certainly on the move somewhere.

Oh well we move on

You were so wide of the mark on that one your playing up front on saturday  ;D

Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 27, 2022, 9:25pm; Reply: 11
Overrated and not a team player.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2022, 9:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Ruston AT

three and a half year contract....really!

Nope!
Posted by: Mendonca1995, January 27, 2022, 9:34pm; Reply: 13
Imagine being able to pay for a a quality striker instead of getting the scraps every season 🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 27, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Imagine being able to pay for a a quality striker instead of getting the scraps every season 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hartlepool haven't paid for him, he was released by Donny and they are a league higher than us.
Posted by: lukeo, January 27, 2022, 9:55pm; Reply: 15
That's not how you spell Grimsby?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 27, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Sorry but I'd argue his record since leaving us ain't that of a quality striker!..
When Bogle joined us he was a young, hungry footballer with a point to prove in an attempt to go higher up the pyramid.
Did that work for him?, absolutely it did but since then he's hardly been profilic, flitting from club to another with quite a poor strike rate
Ask yourself this, had not been so good for is, would be saying he's a "quality" striker?... I know I wouldn't.
Personally, I'd rather we find the next Bogle than get hung up on ex player who's done nothing to quote of apart from filling his bank balance and starting out in a pop career.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, January 27, 2022, 10:22pm; Reply: 17
I think Hartlepool will end up regretting giving him a contract for that length.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 18
Bit of a relief really. Talented lad who has turned into journeyman pro, and we’ve had enough of them.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2022, 10:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Bit of a relief really.

Until May!
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, January 27, 2022, 11:05pm; Reply: 20
Wait until he pulls his first"wobbler" and they will wish he only had a two month contract. My money says he won't complete his contract.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 27, 2022, 11:28pm; Reply: 21
We can still get him on loan can't we? We can't just draw a line under his name and never speak of him again can we?

When there has been a lull in new subjects, you can guarantee the name Bogle would make an appearance at some point.

Who are we going to talk/moan about now?
Posted by: HoratiusEberlin, January 28, 2022, 2:00am; Reply: 22
I wish we went on about getting Amond back with this much ferocity. He was equal parts mercurial talent plus he’d be far more likely to respect the shirt (I still can’t shake that Stevenage away game when Bogle stropped, sulked and strolled around for half the game).
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2022, 7:00am; Reply: 23
We can still get him on loan can't we? We can't just draw a line under his name and never speak of him again can we?

When there has been a lull in new subjects, you can guarantee the name Bogle would make an appearance at some point.

Who are we going to talk/moan about now?

probably that Scotch eggs and Docks Beers have cost us promotion?

Posted by: It Bites, January 28, 2022, 7:41am; Reply: 24

Oh well we move on

Hey , did you know if you say Hartlepool slowly it sounds like Grimsby ..........

Define Bullying

Fenty 😂😂😂😂😂😂

FF  was right about you all
Posted by: TAGG, January 28, 2022, 7:51am; Reply: 25
Why is everyone slagging the bloke?
There are some bitter fornicators on here  ;)
Hes a million times better than what we have, even though he's been around the block a bit now.
Would have had him here, guaranteed would have scored more goals to the end of the season than any of the players we have now.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 28, 2022, 8:16am; Reply: 26
Quoted from TAGG
Why is everyone slagging the bloke?
There are some bitter fornicators on here  ;)
Hes a million times better than what we have, even though he's been around the block a bit now.
Would have had him here, guaranteed would have scored more goals to the end of the season than any of the players we have now.

Would he?...like I said, going off the last 5 years performances, on paper, he's no better than what we have.
Nobody is particularly slagging Bogle off but the obsession with him has to stop.
Tbh, I'm more p!ssed we didn't get Tishmanga than not getting Bogle.
Shall we review how well he's done on May 31st compared to Macatee?.
Posted by: golfer, January 28, 2022, 8:46am; Reply: 27
2 1/2  year deal not 3 1/2
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 28, 2022, 9:23am; Reply: 28

Pretty sure the common opinion was that you were attention seeking and making up a 'rumour' with no real substance behind it, but hey ho.  Let's not split hairs.

Regarding Bogle, considering he scored a shed load of goals to help get us promoted, including 3 absolutely crucial goals in the final two games of that season and then netted us a massive windfall, there does seem a degree of animosity towards him.  Good luck to the lad.  Never got the fake rivalry with Hartlepool, hope he succeeds there.
Posted by: bedders78, January 28, 2022, 9:25am; Reply: 29
Quoted from golfer
2 1/2  year deal not 3 1/2

A gamble for them, good for him and probably more than we were prepared to risk.
Posted by: TAGG, January 28, 2022, 9:37am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Would he?...like I said, going off the last 5 years performances, on paper, he's no better than what we have.
Nobody is particularly slagging Bogle off but the obsession with him has to stop.
Tbh, I'm more p!ssed we didn't get Tishmanga than not getting Bogle.
Shall we review how well he's done on May 31st compared to Macatee?.

Would have had him back here.
If a League club think he's good enough for a 3 year contract I think he would have been a great improvement on the strikers (lack of) we have now.
Can't compare apples and oranges.
Posted by: Oggyfish, January 28, 2022, 9:50am; Reply: 31
Maybe we could misspell Boggle every now and then to keep him in our thoughts  ;)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 28, 2022, 10:16am; Reply: 32
Quoted from TAGG

Would have had him back here.
If a League club think he's good enough for a 3 year contract I think he would have been a great improvement on the strikers (lack of) we have now.
Can't compare apples and oranges.

I'm sorry but Hartlepool have had their pants pulled down by Bogle's agent here, 2 and a half year deal is a risk, if he'd been scoring 15 goals a season I'd get it, but he's averaged what, 8-9 goals per season since leaving us?
I'm not having a dig at Bogle, my god I loved watching him, but he's become yesterdays man at the age of 28/29 he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods.
Posted by: Exiled in Leicester, January 28, 2022, 10:27am; Reply: 33
Two and a half year deal is a risk but you cant blame the lad for grabbing it can you
I reckon he will do a job for them ....................lets look back in May , i am willing to wager 10 plus goals before then  :)
Posted by: Croxton, January 28, 2022, 11:37am; Reply: 34

Bogle's ont' Fishy while we miss our sitters
Politics and bobble hats, our C.E.O's on Twitter
Downbeat interviews and worries they bring,
None of these count as my favourite things

Positive substitutes and McAtee screamers,
A warm flask or Scotch Egg, we are all Mariners,
Wealdstone are thrashed as the Pontoon sings,
These are a few of my favourite things!
Posted by: golfer, January 28, 2022, 12:32pm; Reply: 35
Too much vino
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 28, 2022, 1:03pm; Reply: 36
He'll be coming up against Podge if he pays on Saturday.

Podge and Omar, oh for that sort of strikeforce today!
Posted by: pen penfras, January 28, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin
He'll be coming up against Podge if he pays on Saturday.

Podge and Omar, oh for that sort of strikeforce today!

They've scored 3 goals in 28 games between them this season. That is the sort of strikeforce we've got today.
Posted by: buckstown, January 28, 2022, 4:10pm; Reply: 38
Bogle and Podge were very good, the emphasis on were
Posted by: Poojah, January 28, 2022, 9:50pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from buckstown
Bogle and Podge were very good, the emphasis on were

Oddly though, generally at different times. I can’t remember that many games were they were both on fire or worked particularly well as a partnership. They were more just two very good strikers that happened to be at the club together.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 29, 2022, 10:48am; Reply: 40
Quoted from pen penfras

They've scored 3 goals in 28 games between them this season. That is the sort of strikeforce we've got today.

oh, pen, you really should stop peddling porkies ; otherwise you're going to get a reputation for spouting untruths

Taylor has 6 in 22 league games, whilst Abrahams has 3 in 24. That means 9 in 46, averaging 1 in 5.
Not terribly impressive, i accept, but far better than the 1 in 9 that you've quoted
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:38am