Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 27, 2022, 6:40pm
Well it was Wealdstone that were the first team to beat us in this woeful run we are on.

Lets hope Wealdstone are the first team we beat at the start of a winning run again.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 27, 2022, 6:44pm; Reply: 1
Certainly can't play worse than we did at their place....

Can we?
Posted by: Poojah, January 27, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from moosey_club
Certainly can't play worse than we did at their place....

Can we?

[img]https://c.tenor.com/qfIy_dl7ww0AAAAC/paul-hurst-grimsby.gif[/img]
Posted by: MarinerRob, January 27, 2022, 7:07pm; Reply: 3
I have bad memories from Wealdstone - not only did we play badly and got beat - I got Covid from there even though I was wearing a mask and being extra careful. I won't be rushing back.
Posted by: Poojah, January 28, 2022, 2:55pm; Reply: 4
Have I missed something or has there not been a presser for tomorrow’s game?
Posted by: quebec38, January 28, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 5
What team would people go for tomorrow?

Crocombe
Smith Waterfall Pearson Crookes
          Raikhy Coke Clifton
Wright                           McAtee
                Abrahams

After a bit of a think since Tuesday night I think I’d go with that. I don’t necessarily think it’s our best 11 but brings with it a little continuity at least.

I had thought it was maybe worth giving Clifton a go at full back but it’s Notts Co away next week and I assume we will want to have 4 defenders at the back, albeit a third centre half.

Crookes and Amos are a toss up for me. Crookes has been fine this season and was the left back throughout the good run so gets the nod.

Midfield was tricky. Went with Coke even though I think his best days are behind him. Raikhy apparently likes to do a bit of everything so hopefully Coke can cover that. Clifton comes back where he is because when things were good it was him getting down the left of McAtee and JM coming inside. I think Coke might anchor the midfield better than Fox - could be wrong.

Wright for JMD if he’s unavailable.

Another decision in Abrahams. We’re led to believe Taylor is struggling with 2 games in a week which is fair given his age and how much he gives to the team. He’s been great but he comes short and links which is fine, but I’d just like to see us try and stretch teams which I imagine Abrahams would try with his pace and strength. We did get beat by Wealdstone at their place and tomorrow won’t be a walkover but we should be expecting to beat them and be on the front foot. I think Abrahams could set the tone there.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 28, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Poojah
Have I missed something or has there not been a presser for tomorrow’s game?

It took place today instead of yesterday this week, maybe cos of the midweek game. Here it is - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bkxkh1
Posted by: MarshMariner, January 28, 2022, 5:14pm; Reply: 7
Thinking:-

Crocombe
Clifton Waterfall Smith Crookes
                  Raikhy Fox
                   Burgess
Sousa                           McAtee
                Abrahams

Need to link the defence and midfield better, Waterfall and Pearsons distribution isn't great, so hoping Raikhy can help with that like Hunt did before, hopefully Burgess can get forward more, allowing Fox to sit.  Clifton in at right back, shouldn't be playing Smith there, not a right back in a million years (feel for him) but would move Smith to centre defence, can't help feeling Waterfall and Pearson have a mistake in them each game, and they are also 1 paced.. I think Hurst originally concluded that when he brought Towler in, after only one match.  Fingers crossed...
Posted by: immariner, January 28, 2022, 6:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Chrisblor

It took place today instead of yesterday this week, maybe cos of the midweek game. Here it is - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bkxkh1

Hurst effectively implying that Grant and Scannell have been given the option to mutually terminate their contracts should they find another club. Feel like from what he said that Michy might be a surprise inclusion in tomorrow's squad too.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 28, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 9
I think Smith will play at RB so Clifton can be utilised in the middle. Against Notts County I expect Clifton, Efete or a new RB to play there though.

Crocombe
Smith Waterfall Pearson Amos
Clifton Fox
Wright McAtee Sousa
Taylor
Posted by: moosey_club, January 28, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from immariner

Hurst effectively implying that Grant and Scannell have been given the option to mutually terminate their contracts should they find another club. Feel like from what he said that Michy might be a surprise inclusion in tomorrow's squad too.

In all honesty if that does happen then that is another huge negative against Hurst. Scannel should never have been retained given his previous record not just for us but over the last few years.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 28, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

In all honesty if that does happen then that is another huge negative against Hurst. Scannel should never have been retained given his previous record not just for us but over the last few years.

Runaway gave him a 2 year deal. Hurst can only get rid of him if Scannell agrees to it.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 28, 2022, 7:27pm; Reply: 12
My take on tomorrow is go for it all guns blazing!.. Hurst has f@ck all to lose now imo.
                           Crocombe
Smith.    Pearson.     Waterfall.   Amos
                                Fox
              Rhaiky.    Macatee   Clifton  

Taylor. Abraham
Could slip to a 4-3-3 with Macatee alongside Taylor and Abraham and Fox sitting between Rhaiky and Clifton.
Posted by: MarinerRob, January 28, 2022, 7:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from MarinerRob
I have bad memories from Wealdstone - not only did we play badly and got beat - I got Covid from there even though I was wearing a mask and being extra careful. I won't be rushing back.

16 red crosses. It wasn't my fault I got covid!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:31am