Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlfredTheGreat, January 27, 2022, 12:44pm
Cost of an adult season ticket: £300
Cost of adult away tickets: roughly £500 for every game
Cost of BT Sport/Sky Sports: roughly £50 per month, so £600 per year

So you have to pretty much go to every game to spend as much as you would on your TV subscriptions if you have them.

A lot of people will be handing more to the Premier League than they will to their own team to watch games

Yet which matters more?
Posted by: smokey111, January 27, 2022, 12:49pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from AlfredTheGreat
Cost of an adult season ticket: £300
Cost of adult away tickets: roughly £500 for every game
Cost of BT Sport/Sky Sports: roughly £50 per month, so £600 per year

So you have to pretty much go to every game to spend as much as you would on your TV subscriptions if you have them.

A lot of people will be handing more to the Premier League than they will to their own team to watch games

Yet which matters more?

Too much!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 27, 2022, 1:13pm; Reply: 2
Calculating the financial cost is not something that you want to do.  Or the misery and frustration.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 27, 2022, 1:23pm; Reply: 3

Just like to add that I don't get much change out of a tenner for the pint before the game and at half time, then there's the bus fare.

It all adds up but it's my choice so fair enough.
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 27, 2022, 1:29pm; Reply: 4
Have done 7 away matches and 2 home matches this season and I reckon all in with beers, trains and food I'm currently clocking in around £700 on Town matches so far. The only away match that has been more expensive than the 2 home matches I've been to has been Torquay, although I did a dry November so that brought the cost of the Solihull down which might have been more than a home match otherwise as I took the afternoon off. I reckon I'll probably go to a similar amount in the second half of the season so looking like it'll be around £1500 for a full season of being an exiled Town fan who goes to more away matches than home.

Non-Town football costs are £20 a month on a subscription to a service that allows you to pick and choose 5 a side matches in London. Got my Dad's BT Sport login so that's free and I split a NowTV Sky Sports pass with 3 other people at £10 each so non-Town footy costs are very low in comparison.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 27, 2022, 2:39pm; Reply: 5
Nope don't want to know. I know its too much and happy living in ignorant bliss.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 27, 2022, 2:54pm; Reply: 6
Even Mrs Grantham Mariner doesn't know, and I hope she never finds out !   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mayaman, January 27, 2022, 3:01pm; Reply: 7
As I'm an overseas exile not much.  I got the ifollow packages when we were in league 2 and can't understand why BT Sport don't want the revenue.  There must be fans from all over the world that follow teams in the NL.

While I am here I follow Ho Chi Minh City.   Went to a friendly about an hour's drive away.  Free to get in.  Petrol and snacks - three and half quid.

I usually get  a season ticket but last year the season was cancelled .  No refunds but only about 17 quid.

I have been known to use white privilege to get in for nowt.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 27, 2022, 4:11pm; Reply: 8
To me it costs a lot more in grief and heartache then monetary.
Posted by: newarkmariner, January 27, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 9
Season ticket,fuel from Newark every home game,home and away shirt and the numerous other items ive bought from the club shop,pre match pint in the Blundell park hotel ,trying the new food on offer,the odd away match work permitting,jesus im too scared to add it up,just hope the Mrs never questions the cost,she would have my guts for garters.UTM
Posted by: LH, January 27, 2022, 4:59pm; Reply: 10
£4.5m on sausage sarnies last weekend alone.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 27, 2022, 5:30pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Even Mrs Grantham Mariner doesn't know, and I hope she never finds out !   ;D ;D ;D

I want £20 or I’m showing her your spreadsheet!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 27, 2022, 5:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from newarkmariner
Season ticket,fuel from Newark every home game,home and away shirt and the numerous other items ive bought from the club shop,pre match pint in the Blundell park hotel ,trying the new food on offer,the odd away match work permitting,jesus im too scared to add it up,just hope the Mrs never questions the cost,she would have my guts for garters.UTM

She probably considers it a price worth paying for a peaceful Saturday.
Posted by: lukeo, January 27, 2022, 6:15pm; Reply: 13
This season probably around £150.
2 home games and a train down to Torquay away. Admittedly I did make a day of it in Torquay arrived before 10am and left on the last train back to Taunton
(I'm in Somerset)
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, January 27, 2022, 6:38pm; Reply: 14
I work out of town a lot so didn't make sense to buy a season ticket for me. I got an 1878 membership instead, which has more than paid for itself already. I've been to 7 home games (1 was free) and have saved a fair chunk in the club shop with the 10% discount. Not been to any away games yet this season, but that's probably going to change soon as I am moving to Bristol in a few weeks.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2022, 7:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

You do realise your post code is on your profile? 😂😂
Posted by: fishcake63, January 27, 2022, 7:23pm; Reply: 16
Perhaps i'll get red crosses but my only pleasure because i'm retired is the mariners i go home & away god bless me for my sins at the moment , i love the company & a couple beers pre & post match
Posted by: RobDef1, January 27, 2022, 7:30pm; Reply: 17
No BT sport or Sky sub.
Notts will be my first away game admittedly but do have a season ticket this year and when you add travel from and back to Scunny for each game plus a programme to take home for the little'n that equates to around £40 a game. Add then maybe a couple non alcoholic beers (extortionate) and something to eat at some point at around 15 quid all together it costs me probably £55 per home game.

As a student that pretty much takes all my 'pocket money'. Next year will be particularly more tight as the Mrs will be travelling to Lincoln to do her masters twice a week. Not quite sure how I'm gonna justify another ST considering that but I can live in hope!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 27, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from RobDef1
No BT sport or Sky sub.
Notts will be my first away game admittedly but do have a season ticket this year and when you add travel from and back to Scunny for each game plus a programme to take home for the little'n that equates to around £40 a game. Add then maybe a couple non alcoholic beers (extortionate) and something to eat at some point at around 15 quid all together it costs me probably £55 per home game.

As a student that pretty much takes all my 'pocket money'. Next year will be particularly more tight as the Mrs will be travelling to Lincoln to do her masters twice a week. Not quite sure how I'm gonna justify another ST considering that but I can live in hope!

Flasks are allowed in the ground now, that should save you a fair bit!
Posted by: Zmariner, January 27, 2022, 11:01pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from fishcake63
Perhaps i'll get red crosses but my only pleasure because i'm retired is the mariners i go home & away god bless me for my sins at the moment , i love the company & a couple beers pre & post match

Anybody born to support the mariners in the last 20 years must have done something terrible in another life, we must all be sinners
That is cruel you deserve better, reminds me of the joke about the guy who buys shoes a size too small as his only pleasure in life is taking them off.
Seriously, huge respect for your patience, I cannot face away games at the moment.

For me a season ticket and misc sutff at the ground. Not a penny on SKY or BT sport
Posted by: aldi_01, January 28, 2022, 5:27am; Reply: 20
Over Christmas I was bored as I usually am so sat and worked it out, but not per game, I worked it out how much I’d spent since my first season ticket.

I wish I’d not bothered…was well in to 5 figures and then I looked at the amount of games I’d been too and then how many were memorable and it was less than a hundred…

Then again, I bought a season ticket for a season where nobody was allowed in…may be there’s something wrong with us all.

I did work out that I managed to stay overnight at Gatwick, fly to verona, spend the day on thr lash, go to the play off final, hotel, food and then flight home and it was still cheaper than one of the play off weekends at Wembley…
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:25pm