Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 25, 2022, 9:40am
The redesign won with 62.05% of the vote.

https://gtfc.co.uk/club-crest-vote-announcement/

I guess brace yourselves for the inevitable shitstorm of complaining.
Posted by: sam gy, January 25, 2022, 9:43am; Reply: 1
Can’t say fairer than a vote. Now let’s put it to bed….
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 25, 2022, 9:43am; Reply: 2
It won, fair enough but can they stop calling it a crest!?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 25, 2022, 9:48am; Reply: 3
Great news. Glad 62% of those who voted kept a tiny flag in perspective, saw and understood the benefits and we can all move forward.
Posted by: wodewick, January 25, 2022, 10:15am; Reply: 4
Quoted from jamesgtfc
It won, fair enough but can they stop calling it a crest!?

let's vote on it.
Posted by: LH, January 25, 2022, 10:20am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Great news. Glad 62% of those who voted kept a tiny flag in perspective, saw and understood the benefits and we can all move forward.

To put a different slant on it: the new owners who want to ‘build a community’ have managed to split the fan base 60/40 with their first major (needless) change.
Posted by: Fette Schlange, January 25, 2022, 10:26am; Reply: 6
Second vote needed
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 25, 2022, 10:26am; Reply: 7
Quoted from LH

To put a different slant on it: the new owners who want to ‘build a community’ have managed to split the fan base 60/40 with their first major (needless) change.

It wasn’t a needless change though. As discussed there are numerous versions of the badge in use containing: different fonts; fish with/without eyes; FC with/without/with only one full stop; equal/unequal stripes and different thickness of piping/lines around the badge.

We finally have a definitive official badge. That needed doing whether you stick a flag on the trawler or not.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 25, 2022, 10:26am; Reply: 8
Quoted from LH

For someone who always wanted to be rid of Fenty you seem to be very keen to find any negative slant you can about the new ownership.
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), January 25, 2022, 10:29am; Reply: 9
Why oh Why  vote for it.???????? ??)         sadly a done thing  :-/
Posted by: GrimRob, January 25, 2022, 10:29am; Reply: 10
Fairly clear majority (unless you are Donald Trump)
Posted by: Sandford1981, January 25, 2022, 10:42am; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH

That’s what I would call putting a mischievous slant on it. People can be fully supportive and be 100% part of a community whilst having differences in opinion on any given subject.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 25, 2022, 10:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH

If they had given us the third option that many requested the result would have probably been one that the majority didn't vote for.

The whole thing has been a farce, it's been concluded now so time to move on.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 25, 2022, 11:05am; Reply: 13

What benefits?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 25, 2022, 11:05am; Reply: 14
Time to SUMO
Posted by: sam gy, January 25, 2022, 11:17am; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH

If any fans feel so aggrieved at a tiny change to a badge that was put to a democratic vote, so much so that they now feel split/disillusioned from the club then there’s probably no helping them. If it’s not this that they’ll kick off about, it’ll be something else.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 25, 2022, 11:20am; Reply: 16
Quoted from LH

No, the fan base isn't split at all.

I like the new badge, but feel it wasn't needed, so wasn't really fussed on the outcome.

Its about opinions, and they put it out there, so the majority can decide.
I see no reason for any fans to argue, or to carry on, when it was done in the fairest means possible
Posted by: LH, January 25, 2022, 11:24am; Reply: 17
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It wasn’t a needless change though. As discussed there are numerous versions of the badge in use containing: different fonts; fish with/without eyes; FC with/without/with only one full stop; equal/unequal stripes and different thickness of piping/lines around the badge.

We finally have a definitive official badge. That needed doing whether you stick a flag on the trawler or not.

So you’re saying it could have been done without the flag in the first place to save this bother?

Rodley: I’ve been negative about the new owners on this issue alone. It’s been handled so badly from the start and they used up the ‘at least it’s not Fenty’ credit they had built up. I am sick to death of people in positions of power in this country making rules only to break them themselves. Doing that triggered some petty statements from club and designer and we had a bit of an unfair vote between something that exists and something that might exist. It’s over now but they better hope results pick up so they can build up some credit.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 25, 2022, 11:34am; Reply: 18
Presumably the flag is there to make a clear differentiator now of it being the new and correct version of the badge. Without it, would be easy to get confused which was which so there had to be SOME visual element that was subtle but different.
Posted by: quebec38, January 25, 2022, 11:38am; Reply: 19
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If they had given us the third option that many requested the result would have probably been one that the majority didn't vote for.

The whole thing has been a farce, it's been concluded now so time to move on.

What third option would you have liked?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 25, 2022, 12:00pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from quebec38

I would have liked to have seen the new version without the flag. All in all, I'm just glad we can draw a line under this terribly managed situation and hopefully the board have learned something.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 25, 2022, 12:06pm; Reply: 21
I'm amazed this is still going on.
Posted by: quebec38, January 25, 2022, 12:07pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I would have liked to have seen the new version without the flag. All in all, I'm just glad we can draw a line under this terribly managed situation and hopefully the board have learned something.

I assumed that was what you meant. If the old badge has won the vote it would have received the “digitised” treatment minus the flag. This information was buried at the bottom of the voting article.

I’ve spoken to quite a few people who voted for the new badge that wouldn’t have done if they had realised (or read the full article) that the old badge would receive an update if it won. I wonder how many others did?

Ah well, now we’re stuck with a daft flag on a trawler I guess. At least it’s sorted now and we can move on.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 25, 2022, 12:21pm; Reply: 23
Shame really as that flag does look awful, but thats democracy
Posted by: exiledmeggie, January 25, 2022, 1:28pm; Reply: 24
I demand a recount!
Posted by: sam gy, January 25, 2022, 1:48pm; Reply: 25
FLAG MEANS FLAG
Posted by: Poojah, January 25, 2022, 1:53pm; Reply: 26
Underwhelming transfer business, board members ranting on social media, flag controversies. It’s just like Fenty all over again…

I’m joking, by the way, before anyone has an aneurysm.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 25, 2022, 2:04pm; Reply: 27
I voted against it. I don’t particularly like the flag. I don’t like the way the whole thing was done. I don’t like the fact that the Trust board members never saw fit to tell the board we should have had a say.
I lost.
I have to accept it and I do. So no whining and complaining from me.
There are more important things at the moment to worry about as far as I am concerned.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 25, 2022, 2:08pm; Reply: 28
No problem with them adding the 1878, but it should have been on the hull IMO, which is the third option we didn't get.

Other than that, Meh!
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2022, 2:30pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from GrimRob
Fairly clear majority (unless you are Donald Trump)

This vote has ignored the validity of the sample,an internet vote is going to eliminate a higher proportion of elder vote who are more likely not to use social media.The people constructing this vote has not assessed sample validity so not really methodologically valid.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2022, 2:32pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from sam gy
FLAG MEANS FLAG

Flags can be deconstructed.
Posted by: DB, January 25, 2022, 2:33pm; Reply: 31
Democracy in action, the votes been counted and the new design won. Time to move on.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2022, 4:46pm; Reply: 32
Vote for Flagexit
Posted by: GrimRob, January 25, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from friskneymariner

This vote has ignored the validity of the sample,an internet vote is going to eliminate a higher proportion of elder vote who are more likely not to use social media.The people constructing this vote has not assessed sample validity so not really methodologically valid.

True to an extent as every year goes by, the proportion of people not on the internet at all diminishes. Even social media has its generations. Facebook, with 42 million UK users, is favoured by older people, most over 80s I know are on it. Would very old, non-online people even notice the badge, or care enough to participate in a vote? Maybe a few, but enough to swing the vote? Doubtful.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 25, 2022, 5:20pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from LH

So you’re saying it could have been done without the flag in the first place to save this bother?

Rodley: I’ve been negative about the new owners on this issue alone. It’s been handled so badly from the start and they used up the ‘at least it’s not Fenty’ credit they had built up. I am sick to death of people in positions of power in this country making rules only to break them themselves. Doing that triggered some petty statements from club and designer and we had a bit of an unfair vote between something that exists and something that might exist. It’s over now but they better hope results pick up so they can build up some credit.

I think I have seen you posting twice over the weekend about the price of a sandwich you didn't buy? You always seem a pretty calm and rational poster but the highlighted bit above suggests the loss of a bit of perspective here. And I must have built up a lot more 'at least it's not Fenty' credit than you. They've cocked up a minor change to the badge, he took us out of the football league twice, saw off other investors, tried to bring in a convicted fraudster and repeatedly treated us with utter contempt.

Posted by: sam gy, January 25, 2022, 5:41pm; Reply: 35

You were also able to vote in person at the club shop/ticket office, i believe.
Posted by: TAGG, January 25, 2022, 5:55pm; Reply: 36
More than the Brexit vote - out means out - flag means flag
Always go with the majority  :)
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2022, 7:09pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from TAGG
More than the Brexit vote - out means out - flag means flag
Always go with the majority  :)

Not aware of the concept of ''tyranny of the majority'' then.
Posted by: Marinerdeano, January 25, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 38
'New crestit means new crestit' 😂
Posted by: toontown, January 25, 2022, 7:58pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Civvy at last
I voted against it. I don’t particularly like the flag. I don’t like the way the whole thing was done. I don’t like the fact that the Trust board members never saw fit to tell the board we should have had a say.
I lost.
I have to accept it and I do. So no whining and complaining from me.
There are more important things at the moment to worry about as far as I am concerned.

These are my thoughts exactly
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 25, 2022, 8:11pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from quebec38

An iceberg looming on he horizon.
Posted by: LH, January 25, 2022, 8:14pm; Reply: 41

I think I have seen you posting twice over the weekend about the price of a sandwich you didn't buy? You always seem a pretty calm and rational poster but the highlighted bit above suggests the loss of a bit of perspective here. And I must have built up a lot more 'at least it's not Fenty' credit than you. They've cocked up a minor change to the badge, he took us out of the football league twice, saw off other investors, tried to bring in a convicted fraudster and repeatedly treated us with utter contempt.

I’m not going to blame the owners for private contractor’s pricing structures. It doesn’t seem fair.

I don’t think it’s an unfair comment that I’ve made either. I could go further and ask how someone can just ask if they’re allowed to provide something to the club without it being tendered to others to see if anyone else can come up with anything better too? I’m happy to leave it there though.

I was unfair to say they’ve lost all their credit on the badge issue. Of course they have have some left - although if the poor run continues…
Posted by: TAGG, January 25, 2022, 9:38pm; Reply: 42

Not aware of the concept of ''tyranny of the majority'' then.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Out out out
Posted by: 4055 (Guest), January 25, 2022, 10:01pm; Reply: 43
Just keep the badge designer away from the design of our new ground.  My 5 year old grandson wants a go. ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 25, 2022, 10:13pm; Reply: 44

An iceberg looming on he horizon.

We've already hit it.
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 26, 2022, 9:28am; Reply: 45
https://livecenterimagesnorth.azureedge.net/lc-images-2021/lcimg-db30802e-1256-42f0-9153-9ffa13b5f405.jpg?bypass-service-worker&

Bojo supporting the old crest on his judgement day this morning
Posted by: aldi_01, January 27, 2022, 5:41am; Reply: 46
It just isn’t really anything to lose sleep over, it’s a badge, the old one wasn’t amazing anyway…I’d imagine the only people truly annoyed are those that had it tattooed on them…
Posted by: Mayaman, January 27, 2022, 7:48am; Reply: 47
Quoted from ginnywings
No problem with them adding the 1878, but it should have been on the hull IMO, which is the third option we didn't get.

Other than that, Meh!

In Hull.  Are we going to invade?
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:57am