Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: thefish, January 23, 2022, 10:58am
I see the Siriki Dembele rumours are doing the rounds again:

[url]https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bournemouth-make-transfer-approach-for-peterborough-man-amid-celtic-rangers-and-fulham-interest/[/url]
Posted by: ska face, January 23, 2022, 11:24am; Reply: 1
We’ll not see a penny from him thanks to that rat Fenty, so I’m not fussed if he goes on a free in the summer, as is likely.
Posted by: DB, January 23, 2022, 11:27am; Reply: 2
Quoted from ska face
We’ll not see a penny from him thanks to that rat Fenty, so I’m not fussed if he goes on a free in the summer, as is likely.

I'd rather see him go for a fee and pay Fenty of quicker. The sooner were rid of Fenty's debt the better, so all finances can be ploughed back into the club.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 23, 2022, 11:47am; Reply: 3
Quoted from ska face

That rat set an asking price and the new owners agreed to pay it.

Dembele’s sale would get rid of the ghost of Fenty sooner. Surely that’s in everyone’s interest?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 11:50am; Reply: 4
Is anyone going to pay for Dembele when he's soon to be a free agent?

That ship has surely sailed.
Posted by: ska face, January 23, 2022, 11:51am; Reply: 5
Nobody’s paying more than a couple of hundred grand for Dembele, who can sign a pre-contract now and walk for nothing in about 16 weeks. If he goes for, say, £300k we’d pocket about £37,500. What’s that, 1 match’s gate receipts?
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2022, 12:10pm; Reply: 6
If we’re wanting to pay off the parasite quicker then we best hope someone loses their mind and pays about 20 million for Dembele.

He’ll essentially go for a free, in the summer, as we all thought anyway…
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 23, 2022, 12:41pm; Reply: 7
Will be able to negotiate better wages for himself in the summer can’t see him going now
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 23, 2022, 1:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face

You realise we’re paying him that money anyway right?
Posted by: ska face, January 23, 2022, 2:15pm; Reply: 9
No I hadn’t realised that, thanks for pointing it out. Do you try to sound patronising every time you post on here, or can’t you help it?

I’ve just explained that any money we’d get for him now would be absolutely negligible and would be a drop in the £1.5m ocean we’re paying back. Completely different situation to the summer when their chairman was talking of figures over £5m.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 23, 2022, 3:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ska face
No I hadn’t realised that, thanks for pointing it out. Do you try to sound patronising every time you post on here, or can’t you help it?

I’ve just explained that any money we’d get for him now would be absolutely negligible and would be a drop in the £1.5m ocean we’re paying back. Completely different situation to the summer when their chairman was talking of figures over £5m.

Beep beep reversing
Beep beep reversing.

And if you think £37,500.00 is to be sniffed at you must be rich enough to seriously invest inthe the club yourself !!
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 24, 2022, 3:21pm; Reply: 11
Bournemouth bid of £1.5 turned down by Peterborough would suggest to me he’s going shortly and we are in for a windfall
Posted by: denni266, January 24, 2022, 3:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HerveJosse
Bournemouth bid of £1.5 turned down by Peterborough would suggest to me he’s going shortly and we are in for a windfall

You mean  Fenty is in for a windfall  ;)
Posted by: denni266, January 24, 2022, 3:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HerveJosse

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 24, 2022, 3:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from denni266

It's the same thing really isn't it,look at it this way next years budget could be half a million  better off
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 24, 2022, 3:46pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HerveJosse

Anything over £2m should mean Fenty is paid off this summer by my calculations.
Posted by: Poojah, January 24, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Anything over £2m should mean Fenty is paid off this summer by my calculations.

Can you remind me what % sell on the clause is understood to be? I thought it was 25%, but Ska’s maths on the previous page suggest it’s only 12.5%.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 24, 2022, 3:53pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Poojah

Can you remind me what % sell on the clause is understood to be? I thought it was 25%, but Ska’s maths on the previous page suggest it’s only 12.5%.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/siriki-dembele-peterborough-premier-league-4680876

25% according to that.
Posted by: ska face, January 24, 2022, 3:57pm; Reply: 18
Insane to turn down £1.5m.

We’d get 25% of anything over £150k. So £1.5m would be £337,500 to Mr J.S.Fenty.

On top of £250k from Pollock, £160k from Grist and £100k from Dembele’s promotion clause he could be gone sooner rather than later.
Posted by: Poojah, January 24, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 19
Cheers both.

Surely turning down a bit of £1.5m is just a bit of last gasp posturing to try and screw a few more quid out of the deal. Only a matter of time, hopefully.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 24, 2022, 4:35pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ska face

We’d get 25% of anything over £150k. So £1.5m would be £337,500 to Mr J.S.Fenty.

On top of £250k from Pollock, £160k from Grist and £100k from Dembele’s promotion clause he could be gone sooner rather than later.

Potentially quite a nervous time for the board too because once Fenty is paid off, the pressure will ramp up from fans I imagine.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 24, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from denni266

Err, no. He’s going to get his £1.5 million back a bit quicker but not a penny more than he’s owed.
Posted by: dicko995, January 24, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 22
How much would it cost to get Fenty off here?
Posted by: Davec, January 24, 2022, 5:24pm; Reply: 23
How much do we still need to pay to Fenty before he is fully paid up.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 24, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Davec
How much do we still need to pay to Fenty before he is fully paid up.

About £1m.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 24, 2022, 8:47pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ska face

Wouldn't be surprised if someone comes in for McAtee unfortunately, don't know how much we paid Scunny but whatever it was he was an absolute bargain.

Posted by: monkeyboy, January 25, 2022, 7:57am; Reply: 26
im still wondering where Mike Parkers cash is gonna be spent.
Surely it should be put back into the club as a gift.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 25, 2022, 11:03am; Reply: 27
Peterborough look like they need a roll of the dice to have a chance of staying up.  They've been toothless of late so probably could do with a freshen up in attack.  Dembele, Sammie Szmodics and Jonson Clarke-Harris are subject to interest this window.  I think at least one will be flogged to fund a new war-chest, it just depends who they think will bring in the most I guess.
Posted by: ska face, January 25, 2022, 11:34am; Reply: 28
Quoted from diehardmariner
Peterborough look like they need a roll of the dice to have a chance of staying up.  They've been toothless of late so probably could do with a freshen up in attack.  Dembele, Sammie Szmodics and Jonson Clarke-Harris are subject to interest this window.  I think at least one will be flogged to fund a new war-chest, it just depends who they think will bring in the most I guess.

Got to hope so. Surprised at Dembele’s lack of output this season - 5 goals, 1 assist - despite being generally one of their better players.

Like you said, would they be better off chucking a couple of mil at someone who isn’t going to get kicked all day but might nick 10 goals.

Same with Bournemouth. Do they reckon a few mil on Dembele now is going to make the difference and get them into the Prem? In which case, how deep are their pockets.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 25, 2022, 11:49am; Reply: 29
Same with Clarke-Harris, 4 goals this campaign against 30+ last year.  

Looking at their local rag earlier they quote something like 0.5 xG (expected goals) in recent games.  I'm not one to get excited about xG but that's pretty urine poor by any standards.  From a pragmatic approach, you might as well cash in on what you can get and gamble.  I wonder how much Darragh MacAnthony's stubbornness will influence any movement.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 25, 2022, 1:24pm; Reply: 30
Sooner Peterborough accept that they’ll get promoted and then immediately relegated every other season until the world ends, the better.

1.5m in the bank and relegated, or nowt in the bank and also relegated? Easy choice
Posted by: pen penfras, January 25, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from monkeyboy
im still wondering where Mike Parkers cash is gonna be spent.
Surely it should be put back into the club as a gift.

Why should it?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 25, 2022, 5:27pm; Reply: 32
https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1486009060440825864
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 25, 2022, 5:37pm; Reply: 33
Same with Clarke-Harris, 4 goals this campaign against 30+ last year.  

Looking at their local rag earlier they quote something like 0.5 xG (expected goals) in recent games.  I'm not one to get excited about xG but that's pretty urine poor by any standards.  From a pragmatic approach, you might as well cash in on what you can get and gamble.  I wonder how much Darragh MacAnthony's stubbornness will influence any movement.

Classic modern day Peterborough. Absolutely smash League 1 scoring loads of goals and then flatter to deceive in the Championship. Perhaps that's a flaw of their transfer policy. Too many players bought from lower/non-league that have L1 ceilings and not enough established second tier players when they get there.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 25, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Son of Cod

Classic modern day Peterborough. Absolutely smash League 1 scoring loads of goals and then flatter to deceive in the Championship. Perhaps that's a flaw of their transfer policy. Too many players bought from lower/non-league that have L1 ceilings and not enough established second tier players when they get there.

We should be so lucky with such flawed policy mind...

Posted by: Son of Cod, January 25, 2022, 5:53pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

We should be so lucky with such flawed policy mind...

Indeed. Our policy is to make sure that we have at least 3 of our top 5 earners that are either always injured and/or absolutely garbage.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 25, 2022, 7:08pm; Reply: 36
When we pay him off, can we have a party? Asking for a friend…
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 25, 2022, 7:20pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
When we pay him off, can we have a party? Asking for a friend…

BYOB or birthday?

The friend needs to clarify
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 25, 2022, 7:37pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

BYOB or birthday?

The friend needs to clarify

Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake - Aldi’s cheaper.
Posted by: thefish, January 25, 2022, 7:41pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Son of Cod

It’s a flaw that I wish we had…
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 25, 2022, 9:07pm; Reply: 40
I wonder if the incoming Dembele money will change the owners view on persevering with Hurst.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 25, 2022, 9:14pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from HerveJosse
I wonder if the incoming Dembele money will change the owners view on persevering with Hurst.

It isn’t coming in!

It’s coming via!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 25, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from HerveJosse

Interesting times ahead because the 3 year payment plan that is holding us back could potentially be paid off in 12 months meaning that every single penny we receive in transfer fees will have fan expectation attached to it; especially whilst we are down here.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 28, 2022, 3:41pm; Reply: 43
Apparently HE'S turned down a move to Birmingham!....git!..
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 28, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 44
Reports say he prefers Bournemouth, I'd expect them to be back in for him or they risk losing him in the summer.
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2022, 1:10pm; Reply: 45
Deal agreed with Bournemouth supposedly
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 30, 2022, 1:36pm; Reply: 46
Well this is good news!
Posted by: Hagrid, January 30, 2022, 1:47pm; Reply: 47
Undisclosed fee. illegitimates
Posted by: Meza, January 30, 2022, 1:52pm; Reply: 48
they cant undisclose it from town though can they with us being involved as part of the deal ?

they can say we sold him for 500K yet could be 3 mill lol.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 30, 2022, 2:07pm; Reply: 49
Well we know it's at least 1.5m , hopefully a bit more.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2022, 2:14pm; Reply: 50
Great news that we’ve got any sale, a shame Peterborough dragged their heels in the summer, costing us and them a damn sight more.

Pays Fenty off much quicker with funds that we no doubt didn’t budget for.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 30, 2022, 2:16pm; Reply: 51
Next person who gets in front of Stockwood needs to ask how much of the loan is outstanding. If it's cleared in the summer, we know it's over £2m and if it's cleared now, it's over £4m.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 30, 2022, 2:24pm; Reply: 52
Let’s hope the small number of followers of the previous regime that still post on here all sodomist off as soon as the last penny is paid back.  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 53
Blackburn and Birmingham both in with late bids but he turned down Brum. Peterborough apparently want around £4m and their chairman has said it will take a lot more than the £1.5m that they’ve offered  .
Posted by: RobDef1, January 30, 2022, 2:40pm; Reply: 54
Does anyone have a rough estimate of what is left to pay Fenty? What was the original debt - what did we get for Pollock/Grist/Dembelee?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 30, 2022, 2:50pm; Reply: 55
I think there was 3 installments of circa 500k each, with any fees accelerating the repayment.

Looks like the combination of fees will bring in close to a million, assuming Dembele goes for 1.5m. If he's gone for more than that then obviously it will be more.  Presumably that will all be due with the first payment, so it should all be paid off and we have a clean slate for next season.

Looks like all these fees will save 1878 a lot of money.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 30, 2022, 2:58pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from RobDef1
Does anyone have a rough estimate of what is left to pay Fenty? What was the original debt - what did we get for Pollock/Grist/Dembelee?

We've paid him £500k so far from the Dembele promotion clause plus the Pollock and Grist sales.

If he goes for £2.1m, 1878 should make the final £500k payment in the summer and if it's £4.1m, football fortune has paid him off.
Posted by: Meza, January 30, 2022, 3:20pm; Reply: 57
He shouldn't be making personal deals anyway the leech.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 30, 2022, 3:26pm; Reply: 58
It's good that a few clubs are in for him, hopefully driving up the price. Weren't both old firm clubs supposed to be interested at one point?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2022, 4:47pm; Reply: 59
Whatever we get is more than I thought it would be.

Thought he would run down his contract and negotiate himself a lucrative deal somewhere.

Bonus!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 30, 2022, 5:14pm; Reply: 60
It’s all good news, isn’t it? 1878 must have agreed the deal so every sale loosens Fenty’s ties to the club. Sooner the better.
Posted by: immariner, January 30, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Meza
they cant undisclose it from town though can they with us being involved as part of the deal ?

they can say we sold him for 500K yet could be 3 mill lol.

I'm trying to figure out what your first sentence means. How do you pay someone 25% of a figure and it remains undisclosed to the person you're paying? Or do you mean will they be legally obliged to show us the transfer agreement? It's contract law, i'm sure we've got people who know what they're doing.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2022, 5:48pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from immariner

I'm trying to figure out what your first sentence means. How do you pay someone 25% of a figure and it remains undisclosed to the person you're paying? Or do you mean will they be legally obliged to show us the transfer agreement? It's contract law, i'm sure we've got people who know what they're doing.

Am guessing the accounts would have to show what it is and therefore any part of the contract would have to be honoured or surely it would be breach of contract.
Posted by: WesternMariner, January 30, 2022, 6:17pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from immariner

Of course we had people who knew what they were doing when we sold him - Phil was the club solicitor wasn’t he and he’s always telling everyone how good he is / was.
Posted by: toontown, January 30, 2022, 6:42pm; Reply: 64
If he does go for anything this Jan then it's a totally unexpected and very welcome Brucie Bonus! Pleeeease let that be the leech paid off and out of our club.
Posted by: Meza, January 30, 2022, 6:56pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from immariner

we bloody do now, bu the last charlatan in charge i would have disagreed with you,
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2022, 7:11pm; Reply: 66
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/reports-claim-peterborough-united-and-bournemouth-have-agreed-a-fee-for-siriki-dembele-and-grimsby-town-are-entitled-to-a-sell-on-payment-3547740
Posted by: ska face, January 30, 2022, 7:43pm; Reply: 67
Imagine we’ll find out soon enough what the deal’s worth. In Fry & MacAnthony they’ve got two big-mouth egomaniacs who won’t be able to keep their mouths shut about how well they’ve done.

Anyway, maybe this reporter at Peterborough Today should have a chat with Pen Penfras, or was it Noche? The clown who was telling everyone how Dembele’s sell-on clause didn’t run until the end of his contract.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 30, 2022, 7:53pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from ska face
Imagine we’ll find out soon enough what the deal’s worth. In Fry & MacAnthony they’ve got two big-mouth egomaniacs who won’t be able to keep their mouths shut about how well they’ve done.

Anyway, maybe this reporter at Peterborough Today should have a chat with Pen Penfras, or was it Noche? The clown who was telling everyone how Dembele’s sell-on clause didn’t run until the end of his contract.

I'm sure somewhere along the line we will find out what figure we got. If Fenty is paid off in the summer, we know it's over £2m and when the board tell us what is outstanding at some point, we will be able to do the maths.

Like you say, one of those two egomaniacs will likely give something away soon enough too.

We have an idea what we got for Pollock and Grist which won't show in the latest accounts so worst case scenario is that we have to wait until the next set of accounts are published; but I'm sure the board will give us an inkling of how much closer we are of being free from Fenty.
Posted by: toontown, January 30, 2022, 8:05pm; Reply: 69
It's says in that paper report ginny linked the fee was 200k but wasn't it 100k, but we got another 100k when they got promoted as a bonus. Will that second 100k count as part of the original fee we get 25% on anything over now, or will it be the original 100k?
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 30, 2022, 8:08pm; Reply: 70
https://twitter.com/kristemple/status/1487878666684149769

Dunne deal (pending medical), kerching 💰
Posted by: Poojah, January 30, 2022, 8:13pm; Reply: 71
This really would be marvellous news. I’d all but given up on any deal happening when he didn’t go in August.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 30, 2022, 8:20pm; Reply: 72
It’s so weird this. When he was with us, especially under slade, we all thought he was awesome, and he was. Then he got injured, and when he came back under Jolley I thought he was absolutely useless! From memory he did nothing, more of a hindrance than anything.

Clearly had ability but did very little in our (completely fortunate) stay of execution to stay up. Now he could be in the Prem next season! Mad.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 30, 2022, 8:22pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from toontown
It's says in that paper report ginny linked the fee was 200k but wasn't it 100k, but we got another 100k when they got promoted as a bonus. Will that second 100k count as part of the original fee we get 25% on anything over now, or will it be the original 100k?

At the end of the day Peterborough have paid us 200k so I would imagine we will receive 25% of any profit over that.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2022, 8:49pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Heisenberg
It’s so weird this. When he was with us, especially under slade, we all thought he was awesome, and he was. Then he got injured, and when he came back under Jolley I thought he was absolutely useless! From memory he did nothing, more of a hindrance than anything.

Clearly had ability but did very little in our (completely fortunate) stay of execution to stay up. Now he could be in the Prem next season! Mad.

He had clocked off by that point and let everyone know he wanted away.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2022, 8:54pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from promotion plaice

At the end of the day Peterborough have paid us 200k so I would imagine we will receive 25% of any profit over that.

The article says that Peterborough were holding out for a 4 million pound 'package', which would include a significant sum if Bournemouth achieve promotion to the Prem.

How that caveat affects our cut, if at all, I don't know.

Posted by: GrimRob, January 30, 2022, 9:01pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Heisenberg

He can't have been fit, in retrospect, and he was still very young so was light years behind where he is now for strength and fitness. But I do remember that early season spell and he was the best player on the pitch by some distance in most games. In a parallel universe somewhere he will have stayed fit that season and Slade might have been much more successful (we didn't start that season that badly - if I recall - when Dembele was at his peak). Our terrible dip in form more or less coincided with his injury, and the rest of the squad was mediocre.
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 30, 2022, 9:02pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from HerveJosse

Still wondering!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 30, 2022, 9:05pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from ginnywings

The article says that Peterborough were holding out for a 4 million pound 'package', which would include a significant sum if Bournemouth achieve promotion to the Prem.

How that caveat affects our cut, if at all, I don't know.

We will get 25% of the profit on the initial deal and then 25% of any future payment I would imagine.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2022, 9:12pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We will get 25% of the profit on the initial deal and then 25% of any future payment I would imagine.

You'd like to think so, but Fry is a devious fooker, so until we know for sure, I'm taking nothing for granted.

The deal was negotiated by the old board....
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 30, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from ginnywings

You'd like to think so, but Fry is a devious fooker, so until we know for sure, I'm taking nothing for granted.

The deal was negotiated by the old board....

Wouldn't surprise me with that slimeball if the fee was £10m and he's currently negotiating to settle Fentys' debt in lieu of the sell on.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2022, 11:32am; Reply: 81
Booked in for a medical at Bournemouth today
Posted by: Perkins, January 31, 2022, 11:40am; Reply: 82
Blackburn Rovers making a last minute move for him.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2022, 12:06pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from Perkins
Blackburn Rovers making a last minute move for him.

Yes I noticed that too, but theres a lot of mileage to be covered if he was to get up to Blackburn for a medical, unless they can do it remotely.

Either way, a bidding war is what we need.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 31, 2022, 1:05pm; Reply: 84
Bournemouth are hoovering up players.  Have also signed Keiffer Moore from Cardiff for big money and have CL defender Nat Phillips on loan from Liverpool.  Really going for it.
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 4:43pm; Reply: 85
Is this going to happen ?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 31, 2022, 4:45pm; Reply: 86
Alex Crook said on Talksport deal agreed with Bournemouth for £1M plus add ons and he’s normally in the know.
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 4:58pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Alex Crook said on Talksport deal agreed with Bournemouth for £1M plus add ons and he’s normally in the know.

Thought they turned down £1.5 earlier in the week
Posted by: mariner91, January 31, 2022, 5:06pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from supertown

They did, wouldn't be particularly good negotiating to then get half a million less unless the add ons are pretty big.
Posted by: lukeo, January 31, 2022, 5:13pm; Reply: 89
If that's the case it's very clever as I assume they pay us less?
My question is say they sell him for £1m and then get a further £4m if he makes X amount of appearances. Do we get a share of the £4m? If not then they've done us a good one!
Posted by: Poojah, January 31, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from lukeo
My question is say they sell him for £1m and then get a further £4m if he makes X amount of appearances. Do we get a share of the £4m? If not then they've done us a good one!

If we don't then our lawyers want sacking. Otherwise he get's sold for £1 up front then £4m after one game - clauses should be more watertight than that.
Posted by: mariner91, January 31, 2022, 5:18pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from lukeo

I believe, but can't find it written anywhere, that we have 25% of any profit so that would include add ons.
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 31, 2022, 5:22pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from supertown

I've also read that they accepted £1.5M from Birmingham but Dembele knocked them back, so I don't think these calls of £3/4M are accurate unfortauntely.

Quoted from lukeo

Doesn't sound at all like Barry Fry that!
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 31, 2022, 6:08pm; Reply: 93
I haven't seen anything on bbc or sky that a transfer has happened ??
Posted by: Poojah, January 31, 2022, 6:16pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from Brazilnut
I haven't seen anything on bbc or sky that a transfer has happened ??

It hasn’t yet. Sounds as if there are multiple interested parties which may protract things a bit, but Peterborough aren’t going to allow it to fall through at this stage. It will happen.
Posted by: KingsleysHair, January 31, 2022, 7:02pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from mariner91

I believe, but can't find it written anywhere, that we have 25% of any profit so that would include add ons.

Correct. Any transfer agreement between clubs will have to be shared with any club who will receive any payment as a result. So say Bournemouth have to pay an additional £X if they get promoted, Town will get the apparent 25% of that too.
Posted by: smokey111, January 31, 2022, 7:43pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Poojah

It hasn’t yet. Sounds as if there are multiple interested parties which may protract things a bit, but Peterborough aren’t going to allow it to fall through at this stage. It will happen.

Barry Fry will be parked at a service station on the M1 unsure whether to go North or South with his large manilla envelopes.
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 8:06pm; Reply: 97
The Peterborough telegraph are suggesting it’s a £4m package, heavily leaning towards Bournemouth getting promotion. Come on get on with it !
Posted by: ska face, January 31, 2022, 8:20pm; Reply: 98
If Bournemouth don’t go up after signing Kieffer Moore, Nat Phillips, Freddie Woodman, supposedly Todd Cantwell and Dembele we might as well all pack up & go home. Well, Scott Parker certainly needs to.
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from ska face
If Bournemouth don’t go up after signing Kieffer Moore, Nat Phillips, Freddie Woodman, supposedly Todd Cantwell and Dembele we might as well all pack up & go home. Well, Scott Parker certainly needs to.

One of those not happened yet !
Posted by: aussiej, January 31, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 100
Dembele just signed for Bournemouth...
3 and a half year contract...  Not bad...  
Posted by: mariner91, January 31, 2022, 8:35pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from supertown
The Peterborough telegraph are suggesting it’s a £4m package, heavily leaning towards Bournemouth getting promotion. Come on get on with it !

That would be enough to finally rid ourselves of that leech with questionable taste in interior design.
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 8:40pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from aussiej
Dembele just signed for Bournemouth...

Nice one
Posted by: Poojah, January 31, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 103
This is excellent news. Whatever the amount is, it’s another chunk closer to the removal of the Fenty shackles.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 104
https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/gallery-dembele-signs-on-deadline-day/
Posted by: Poojah, January 31, 2022, 8:47pm; Reply: 105
To celebrate this moment, here’s a quick reminder of one of the best Town debut performances I’ve ever seen. The run to set up the second goal was unreal, but he was like that the whole game.

https://youtu.be/d8y6qwygtB8
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 31, 2022, 8:49pm; Reply: 106
Even at the minimum of 1.5m it’s superb news for the club, a really large sum for the future of the club.

Hope he goes on to play in the Premier League, mainly because that’s exactly where I told everyone who would listen he’d end up playing when we beat Chesterfield away, which seems a lifetime away now.
Posted by: Poojah, January 31, 2022, 8:54pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from pontoonlew
Even at the minimum of 1.5m it’s superb news for the club, a really large sum for the future of the club.

Hope he goes on to play in the Premier League, mainly because that’s exactly where I told everyone who would listen he’d end up playing when we beat Chesterfield away, which seems a lifetime away now.

The optimism after that away win was incredible; I think Chesterfield were one of the favourites for the league having come down from League One.

“Russell Slade’s black and white army!”. At least he delivered something positive from his calamitous second reign. Incredible that Dembele had gone that far under the radar; he’d been released from Ayr United’s youth setup only a year earlier.
Posted by: denni266, January 31, 2022, 9:00pm; Reply: 108
When will we know how much we will get  and how.. Dont like the undisclosed part especially where Fry is involved  :-/
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 31, 2022, 9:03pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from denni266
When will we know how much we will get  and how.. Dont like the undisclosed part especially where Fry is involved  :-/

31st January 2023 when the next accounts are out will give us a good idea.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from denni266

When we see next year's accounts!..unless all of a sudden we hear JSF has been paid off the we can guess Bournemouth have paid £4m for him ..
Posted by: ska face, January 31, 2022, 9:05pm; Reply: 111
If anyone was planning to make Fenty a lowball offer on his house, now might be a good time.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 31, 2022, 9:07pm; Reply: 112
Excellent news to get a very good deal over the line.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 31, 2022, 9:09pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from ska face
If anyone was planning to make Fenty a lowball offer on his house, now might be a good time.

No chance would just get branded as a tyrekicker
Posted by: Maringer, January 31, 2022, 9:15pm; Reply: 114
Ooh, hope they get promoted, on the off-chance that there is some sort of a bonus situation. I generally don't give a toss who goes up or not but it's good to have some 'skin in the game'.
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 31, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 115
£2.5m rising to £4m if promoted
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2022, 9:20pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from HerveJosse

Are you his agent?...seeing as though it's "undisclosed" I'll take you on face value and say "you are guessing young sir"...
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 9:21pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from HerveJosse

Is that a guess ?
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 31, 2022, 9:21pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from HerveJosse

That’s a hell of a deal for someone in the last 6 months of their deal. Fair play to Posh, and thanks. The shackles are nearly off.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 31, 2022, 9:23pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from HerveJosse

Everything I've seen has suggested most of the money is due if Bournemouth go up or has the sell-on money already been wired into your account?
Posted by: supertown, January 31, 2022, 9:28pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from ska face
Nobody’s paying more than a couple of hundred grand for Dembele, who can sign a pre-contract now and walk for nothing in about 16 weeks. If he goes for, say, £300k we’d pocket about £37,500. What’s that, 1 match’s gate receipts?

Hmmmmm
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2022, 9:32pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from supertown

Hmmmmm

Owned!!..👍
Posted by: ska face, January 31, 2022, 9:37pm; Reply: 122
Delighted to be proved wrong, and glad you were all here to witness it happening for the first time!

Parachute payments will do strange things to a chairman’s brain.
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 31, 2022, 10:09pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Are you his agent?...seeing as though it's "undisclosed" I'll take you on face value and say "you are guessing young sir"...

If you look on the long list of deals listed on BBC or Sky today for deals done in the EFL other then loans or free every transfer is listed as undisclosed that is how it is done now it doesn’t mean the terms of every deal are unknown.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2022, 10:13pm; Reply: 124
Quoted from HerveJosse

If you look on the long list of deals listed on BBC or Sky today for deals done in the EFL other then loans or free every transfer is listed as undisclosed that is how it is done now it doesn’t mean the terms of every deal are unknown.

Undisclosed means undisclosed, as in "not in the public domain"..or in layman's terms..."mind your own business, we ain't telling you"...try n squirm out of your "guessing game" as much as you like but you ain't got a scooby doo, just like the rest of us mere Plebs.
Posted by: Dogger Bank, January 31, 2022, 10:34pm; Reply: 125
Good move for him and hopefully a decent bit of cash coming our way. There is no way he's Premier League standard though if/when they get promoted. One of Slade's successes 😉
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2022, 10:50pm; Reply: 126
I've seen a figure of £2m which sounds about right if a bid of £1.5m was turned down.

If it's correct then we will be due 25% of (£2m minus 200k)

I work that out at £450k if its true
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2022, 11:28pm; Reply: 127
Wigan have just got a windfall of 1.4m from the sale of Dan Burn to Newcastle as they inserted a 15% sell on clause from any future profit when they sold him to Brighton.

Hopefully, we have the same arrangement on Dembele.
Posted by: golfer, February 1, 2022, 8:25am; Reply: 128
I've seen a figure of £2m which sounds about right if a bid of £1.5m was turned down.

???
Posted by: supertown, February 1, 2022, 8:29am; Reply: 129

It would but it’s just guesswork . The suggestion is that the add ons for Bournemouth getting promoted are very attractive
Posted by: Squarkus, February 1, 2022, 8:36am; Reply: 130
Well done JSF great bit of business, unlike the sale of pollock no sell on clause to a prem side.
Posted by: supertown, February 1, 2022, 8:50am; Reply: 131
Quoted from Squarkus
Well done JSF great bit of business, unlike the sale of pollock no sell on clause to a prem side.

Who negotiated that deal? It was only 20 days after the takeover wasn’t it ? That seems a short timeline for the new owners .
Posted by: psgmariner, February 1, 2022, 8:54am; Reply: 132
Also a rare well done to Slade for taking a punt on him.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 1, 2022, 9:00am; Reply: 133
Quoted from Squarkus

I'm sure the Pollock sale was reported as an initial £250k fee...
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 1, 2022, 9:35am; Reply: 134
If Bournemouth don't get promoted with those signings they've made I'll be absolutely amazed.  I wanted Blackburn to go up automatically before this but I'm all about getting ridding of Fenty at the earliest opportunity.

Cup half full this morning.

Going with the £4mill if promoted figure, that works out at £950,000 if we discount the £200,000 initial fee....doesn't it?

Added to the revenue from Grist and Pollock, does that could mean we're virtually free of Fenty at the point Bournemouth go up?  It's about £1.5mill we 'owe' him isn't it?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 1, 2022, 9:45am; Reply: 135
If Bournemouth don't get promoted with those signings they've made I'll be absolutely amazed.  I wanted Blackburn to go up automatically before this but I'm all about getting ridding of Fenty at the earliest opportunity.

Going with the £4mill if promoted figure, that works out at £950,000 if we discount the £200,000 initial fee....doesn't it?

Added to the revenue from Grist and Pollock, does that could mean we're virtually free of Fenty at the point Bournemouth go up?  It's about £1.5mill we 'owe' him isn't it?

There is a note in the accounts that states his loan is exactly £1.5m. Peterborough getting promoted plus the sales of Pollock and Grist sent approximately £500k to him last summer. I believe the first £500k installment is due in the summer so, providing Bournemouth go up, he's paid off in the summer.
Posted by: mariner91, February 1, 2022, 9:53am; Reply: 136
All Bournemouth aren’t we?
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 1, 2022, 10:01am; Reply: 137
Quoted from Squarkus

Oh look! Yet another fawning Fenty disciple with a deeply suspicious post history turning up out of nowhere to cast scorn on the new owners with some more baseless accusations. Very normal!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 1, 2022, 10:06am; Reply: 138
Bogle had a sell-on clause that got us nothing. Well done Fenty etc etc
Posted by: supertown, February 1, 2022, 10:07am; Reply: 139
Quoted from Chrisblor

Oh look! Yet another fawning Fenty disciple with a deeply suspicious post history turning up out of nowhere to cast scorn on the new owners with some more baseless accusations. Very normal!

Relative , if my memory serves me right
Posted by: Poojah, February 1, 2022, 10:12am; Reply: 140

I agree that they should. My only slight concern is whether they’ve almost done too much business.

I can think of two January windows in recentish history where we’ve gone for it having been near top of the league. In 2006 we signed Curtis Woodhouse, Ben Futcher, Marc Goodfellow and Junior Mendes, and then in 2013 we signed Devitt, Brodie, LJL and resigned Ross Hannah permanently.

I think most people were happy with that business at the time, but on both occasions we were a poorer side after the window. I think sometimes less is more in January though.

Make no mistake, Bournemouth have signed some quality there though.
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 1, 2022, 10:15am; Reply: 141
[sub][/sub]

The first £500k annual instalment excluding the impact of transfer fees was due on 31 Dec 21 so will already have been paid.

Even before the Dembele sale the accounts show that all but £750k of the loan would have been paid off by May this year.
So presumambly the extra £250K paid off recognises the Pollock money the credit for which is reflected in the profit and loss account

So with the Dembele sale money the JF loan is largely history now and we can move on
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 1, 2022, 10:26am; Reply: 142
Quoted from Poojah

I agree that they should. My only slight concern is whether they’ve almost done too much business.

I can think of two January windows in recentish history where we’ve gone for it having been near top of the league. In 2006 we signed Curtis Woodhouse, Ben Futcher, Marc Goodfellow and Junior Mendes, and then in 2013 we signed Devitt, Brodie, LJL and resigned Ross Hannah permanently.

I think most people were happy with that business at the time, but on both occasions we were a poorer side after the window. I think sometimes less is more in January though.

Yeah good points.  I think the difference is that Bournemouth have signed genuine quality.  In 2006 there's only really Woodhouse who was quality.  Futcher, Mendes and Goodfellow came in with Ramsden and Gritton going out.  That weakened us in my eyes. Phillips, Moore, Dembele, Woodman, Cantwell....they're all genuinely quality signings at that level.  Phillips especially is an exceptional piece of business.   I get your point though, it can upset the balance of everything.

2013 was just a disaster wasn't it though?  Brodie wasn't the same player, Devitt affected by glandular fever, Hannah looked a different animal altogether and LJL never quite going until the following season.  

I'll raise you the 1997/98 transfers (different windows applied, of course) of Dave Smith and Wayne Burnett. ;)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 1, 2022, 10:46am; Reply: 143
Quoted from HerveJosse
[sub][/sub]

The first £500k annual instalment excluding the impact of transfer fees was due on 31 Dec 21 so will already have been paid.

Even before the Dembele sale the accounts show that all but £750k of the loan would have been paid off by May this year.
So presumambly the extra £250K paid off recognises the Pollock money the credit for which is reflected in the profit and loss account

So with the Dembele sale money the JF loan is largely history now and we can move on

Not disputing you but where has it been stated that the first installment was due in December? It's neither here or there because it's looking like he's pretty much paid off in the near future as there is also the Dembele promotion bonus (£100k) and Grist sale (6 figures) that isn't reflected in the accounts.
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 1, 2022, 11:00am; Reply: 144
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Not disputing you but where has it been stated that the first installment was due in December? It's neither here or there because it's looking like he's pretty much paid off in the near future as there is also the Dembele promotion bonus (£100k) and Grist sale (6 figures) that isn't reflected in the accounts.

In the circular sent to shareholders when the plc conversion was approved . Three annual instalments of £500 k first 31Dec 21
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 1, 2022, 11:14am; Reply: 145
Quoted from HerveJosse

In the circular sent to shareholders when the plc conversion was approved . Three annual instalments of £500 k first 31Dec 21

Thanks for that. So he's definitely paid off this year, it's just a case of what month now.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 1, 2022, 11:19am; Reply: 146

Talking of new players unsettling teams,  There is one outstanding example of this.

Back in the olden days (well, about 1972) Man City were close to the equiv of the Prem League title. They then bought the supremely talented  Rodney Marsh to add to a free scoring forward line.  Everyone said that this signing would get them the title.  What could go wrong?

The signing of Rodney Marsh completely unsettled the team.  They did not finish champions.  Rodney was the ultimate showman, an individual. The outstanding performer at QPR, where he was given a free reign.  He was not a team player or someone that worked hard or fitted into a team system.  City must have known what they were getting but still bought him.

Ironically, signing Grealish is a much lesser version of signing Marsh.  Grealish was the biggest fish in a small pond.  Now he is one of many City stars and has to fit into a team system.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 1, 2022, 3:29pm; Reply: 147
Quoted from psgmariner
Also a rare well done to Slade for taking a punt on him.
I wonder who was actually aware of him, maybe it was Wilkinson not Slade(Confused)

Siriki Dembele was one of the last recruits from The Nike Academy, as it closed that very same year, doesn't look like it was a profitible business for Nike.

[youtube]SSTRvDzYwC4[/youtube]
Posted by: Fishbone, February 1, 2022, 4:03pm; Reply: 148
I genuinely have a lack of knowledge about the details,  but wasn't there the opportunity to pay Mr Fenty back a fixed amount over a few years? If so, why hurry to pay him the full amount back now when he could be made to wait and meanwhile the club could take the interest, or use part of the money from the recent transfer windfall(s) to develop the club/team?
Just a thought
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 1, 2022, 4:05pm; Reply: 149
Quoted from Fishbone
I genuinely have a lack of knowledge about the details,  but wasn't there the opportunity to pay Mr Fenty back a fixed amount over a few years? If so, why hurry to pay him the full amount back now when he could be made to wait and meanwhile the club could take the interest, or use part of the money from the recent transfer windfall(s) to develop the club/team?
Just a thought

He demanded transfer cash be used to pay him off quicker
Posted by: Fishbone, February 1, 2022, 4:10pm; Reply: 150
Thanks Southwark,
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 1, 2022, 4:49pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Talking of new players unsettling teams,  There is one outstanding example of this.

Back in the olden days (well, about 1972) Man City were close to the equiv of the Prem League title. They then bought the supremely talented  Rodney Marsh to add to a free scoring forward line.  Everyone said that this signing would get them the title.  What could go wrong?

The signing of Rodney Marsh completely unsettled the team.  They did not finish champions.  Rodney was the ultimate showman, an individual. The outstanding performer at QPR, where he was given a free reign.  He was not a team player or someone that worked hard or fitted into a team system.  City must have known what they were getting but still bought him.

Ironically, signing Grealish is a much lesser version of signing Marsh.  Grealish was the biggest fish in a small pond.  Now he is one of many City stars and has to fit into a team system.

I get they want to win trophies but if I was in Grealish's shoes I would have stayed at Villa my entire career, become one of their all-time greats and been feted wherever I went. The money at Villa would have been decent and he could have looked back on an outstanding career but instead takes the glory route to Man City where he does not look particularly happy, on the field at least.
Posted by: golfer, February 1, 2022, 5:46pm; Reply: 152
Quoted from Poojah

Oh !  If only we could find another striker like Sparrow Legs Brodie    ??) ??) ??)
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, February 1, 2022, 5:56pm; Reply: 153
Quoted from Squarkus

If Bournemouth look like going up I’ll go to their last home game with a FENTY OUT banner! And yes I can get a ticket.
Posted by: lukeo, February 2, 2022, 6:25pm; Reply: 154
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

If Bournemouth look like going up I’ll go to their last home game with a FENTY OUT banner! And yes I can get a ticket.

NO MORE FENTY
Or
FENTY'S OUT
if youre going to do it. Saying fenty out looks as if we're asking for him to be gone, we're not as it'll be factual. His debts will be gone (I assume)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:05pm