Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 22, 2022, 9:46pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1484992959980486661

Strange bloke. Not sure what his issue is with us
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 22, 2022, 9:51pm; Reply: 1
Disgraceful vile man!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 22, 2022, 9:51pm; Reply: 2
Might be the goal we put past him in the playoff final at Wembley?
Posted by: LH, January 22, 2022, 9:57pm; Reply: 3
FFS I’d just got over how weird Gateshead and Cheltenham’s one-way rivalry with us was and now these oddballs want one too. We don’t half attract them do we?
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 22, 2022, 9:58pm; Reply: 4
Nothing to do with The 1998Wembley play off final?
Posted by: MarshMariner, January 22, 2022, 10:00pm; Reply: 5
Lack of respect.. perhaps he should take a look in the mirror.. guy lacks class, thought the behaviour of his Team after the final whistle mirrored him to a tee... ??)
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 22, 2022, 10:04pm; Reply: 6
Seem to remember his manager at Northampton back in 98 Ian Atkins was a strange fella too..
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 22, 2022, 10:09pm; Reply: 7
He doesn’t mean it. He’s just instilled a siege mentality at Bromley and convinced them all that everyone hates them & everyone is disrespecting them. It’s an act. He pretending to be a nasty b*stard and he’s got his team doing the same for him.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 22, 2022, 10:10pm; Reply: 8
When you listen to him you can understand why his players behave like such bell ends.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 22, 2022, 10:12pm; Reply: 9
🛎 🔚
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 22, 2022, 10:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GollyGTFC
He doesn’t mean it. He’s just instilled a siege mentality at Bromley and convinced them all that everyone hates them & everyone is disrespecting them. It’s an act. He pretending to be a nasty b*stard and he’s got his team doing the same for him.

Som sympathy with that they mirror their neighbours the Millwall of the National League.
Posted by: Simon, January 22, 2022, 10:17pm; Reply: 11
He's a complete nincompoop but has taken six points off us this season so doing something right
Posted by: Running like emson, January 22, 2022, 10:21pm; Reply: 12
Take Hurst’s and Stockwood’s culture over this tinpot prehistoric garbage any day
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 22, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 13
Can’t be arsed
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, January 22, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 14
What a dinosaur. Embarrassing. He’s off to Gillingham, guess he thinks he won’t be crossing paths with GTFC at any time in the near future. He’s probably right but these sort of classless comments have a way of coming back to haunt you in the end…
Posted by: ska face, January 22, 2022, 10:33pm; Reply: 15
Everyone would be plating his ringpiece if the roles were reversed, so let’s not get on our high horses. The bloke’s clearly been mentally scarred by 1998, but he’s taken 6 points off us this season so can say what he likes, even if he is a cünt.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 22, 2022, 10:36pm; Reply: 16
Can see a theme with these Gillingham managerial appointments.
Posted by: Running like emson, January 22, 2022, 10:47pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ska face
Everyone would be plating his ringpiece if the roles were reversed, so let’s not get on our high horses. The bloke’s clearly been mentally scarred by 1998, but he’s taken 6 points off us this season so can say what he likes, even if he is a cünt.

‘Nobody says thank you anymore’ is a great antidote to this angst  
Posted by: bawarmy, January 22, 2022, 11:06pm; Reply: 18
Andy Woodman is a C  U   N   T
Get over the Wembley loss you pissflap
Posted by: TAGG, January 23, 2022, 12:18am; Reply: 19
It's an irrelevance, five Years time know one will know who they are.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 23, 2022, 12:27am; Reply: 20
He’s a tw@t. A tw@t that’s got maximum 6 points off Paul Hurst.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 23, 2022, 1:44pm; Reply: 21
Bizarre what comments is he on about because I haven't seen anything that would generate that sort of animosity.
Posted by: cod_head_doug, January 23, 2022, 1:48pm; Reply: 22
He is a first class tool who obviously condones the way his team play. This team shows everything that is wrong with football at the moment, blatent cheating, timewasting, moaning, feining injury, trying to get fellow professionals booked, I could go on. The whole attitude of the team and the way it is lead is that bad that only 78 citizens of Bromley could bring themselves to watch it !! Successful, effective or not, they are one of the worst sides I have had to endure watching. As for his comment about us being disrespectful, have a long look in the mirror, sunshine, and realise how despised you actualy are.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 23, 2022, 1:54pm; Reply: 23
Professional what a joke What was going through your mind when you popped your head round from the dug out at your place and told us all to F£45 O@f  Then proceeded to do - times very professional
;D
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 23, 2022, 1:55pm; Reply: 24
Professional what a joke What was going through your mind when you popped your head round from the dug out at your place and told us all to F£45 O@f  Then proceeded to do - times very professional
;D ;D ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 25
The bit I don’t get about Woodman is that he actually started shouting the odds after we couldn’t play the game at their place initially due to Covid he went public saying we’d used Covid as an excuse to not play as we didn’t have a fit striker, clearly a consummate professional, some may say that kind of accusation is disrespectful.

He did get some stick about his girth when we played at their place but again couldn’t keep his gob shut and his team behaved really badly but took the points.

I’m not sure how as a club we’ve disrespected them but surely the “professional” thing would be just to let the scoreboard and league position do the talking. Clearly his ego is as big as his gut and can’t stop himself.

On a wider note there is a growing trend appearing (though it’s been in the game for ages) of players “celebrating” in front of opposition support and giving it the big un, at some point these scenes will turn really ugly.
Posted by: fishcake63, January 23, 2022, 6:31pm; Reply: 26
He's a first class fatheaded tool & a 100% wind up merchant i'll leave it at that
Posted by: hampshiremariner, January 23, 2022, 6:52pm; Reply: 27
No one said anything disrespectful that I recall. Didn't he start bad-mouthing first accusing GT of not wanting to play them, hence the postponement due to Covid?

Wasn't he going to clear off to Gillingham in place of Evans? Woodman makes Trump sound polite.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 23, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 28
He can try as hard as he likes to create a new memory........

but the only thing I am EVER going to remember about him is scrambling around the turf at Wembley as Kevin Donovan sat him down twice before slotting the ball home.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 7:20pm; Reply: 29
Bromley were everything I hate about football and that freak who was throwing the ball from the half way line into our box was celebrating like they had won the World Cup. At the end he ran and jumped in the air in front of the Upper, landing with both arms in a fist pump, not once but twice. Fooking bizarre; it's a 5th division footy match you goon.

In 50 years of following Town, it was the only time I felt compelled to throw something at a player.
Posted by: It Bites, January 23, 2022, 7:22pm; Reply: 30
Say what you like but he has a winning mentality and I'd have him at town Tomorrow.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 23, 2022, 7:25pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
Bromley were everything I hate about football and that freak who was throwing the ball from the half way line into our box was celebrating like they had won the World Cup. At the end he ran and jumped in the air in front of the Upper, landing with both arms in a fist pump, not once but twice. Fooking bizarre; it's a 5th division footy match you goon.

In 50 years of following Town, it was the only time I felt compelled to throw something at a player.

At least they have players who get the ball in the box. His throws were a constant threat all afternoon. It's one of the most frequent events in football and we don't have anyone who can take a decent one. The last one we had was Mitch Rose and we had to wait 41 games for him to take one.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 7:59pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from jamesgtfc

At least they have players who get the ball in the box. His throws were a constant threat all afternoon. It's one of the most frequent events in football and we don't have anyone who can take a decent one. The last one we had was Mitch Rose and we had to wait 41 games for him to take one.

We put loads of balls into the box without resorting to that tactic.

If you are happy with that style of football, then fair do's, but if we played like that every week, I would be doing something else with my weekends.

There is more to football than 3 points at all costs.
Posted by: Stadium, January 23, 2022, 8:02pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

If you are happy with that style of football, then fair do's, but if we played like that every week, I would be doing something else with my weekends.

What about if it led to a promotion to league football?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 23, 2022, 8:12pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

Is there? We’re in The National League, Division 5, non league, call it what you like. One season in this league is a season too long.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 23, 2022, 8:16pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ginnywings

Can you not play a decent brand of football but still throw a long ball into the box from a throw? A good throw can be as dangerous as a corner.
Posted by: Yoda, January 23, 2022, 8:24pm; Reply: 36
Let him have his 5 minutes in the sun.
He’ll go to Gillingham and fail.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 8:37pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Can you not play a decent brand of football but still throw a long ball into the box from a throw? A good throw can be as dangerous as a corner.

Suppose so yeah, but his throws didn't actually lead to anything and it wasn't his throws that I was originally highlighting, but his behaviour after the final whistle. I mentioned his throws as a way of identifying a player whose name I don't know and don't want to know.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 8:48pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is there? We’re in The National League, Division 5, non league, call it what you like. One season in this league is a season too long.

For me yes, but I don't think we are too good for division 5, unlike some posters.

We are in it whether we like it or not and it takes adjustment to get out of it. Teams that find themselves in Div 5 got there because they couldn't arrest the slide. Some keep going down to the next level before they stabilise.

Has Keith Hill up the road made any difference, despite his past successes at other clubs?

First you stop the rot, then you start to rebuild and turn the ship around. For me, PH hasn't yet had sufficient time to turn the ship around and should be given a bit more and I say that as someone who was a big critic of his first time around.

Others, including yourself think differently and that's fine. It's all opinion and maybe you are right and it will take a new manager to achieve what we all want, but it could just as likely go the other way.

Time, as always, will tell

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 23, 2022, 8:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

For me yes, but I don't think we are too good for division 5, unlike some posters.

We are in it whether we like it or not and it takes adjustment to get out of it. Teams that find themselves in Div 5 got there because they couldn't arrest the slide. Some keep going down to the next level before they stabilise.

Has Keith Hill up the road made any difference, despite his past successes at other clubs?

First you stop the rot, then you start to rebuild and turn the ship around. For me, PH hasn't yet had sufficient time to turn the ship around and should be given a bit more and I say that as someone who was a big critic of his first time around.

Others, including yourself think differently and that's fine. It's all opinion and maybe you are right and it will take a new manager to achieve what we all want, but it could just as likely go the other way.

Time, as always, will tell

Unfair to compare us to Scunny.

Whatever Fenty did right or wrong, we never ended up in a position in the transfer market that Swann has put them in. It was brave, maybe arrogant or stupid, for Keith Hill to take the job with his hands already tied.
In comparison, Hurst has had a free ride up to now. In the eyes of many fans, his credits are running out.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 9:23pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Unfair to compare us to Scunny.

Whatever Fenty did right or wrong, we never ended up in a position in the transfer market that Swann has put them in. It was brave, maybe arrogant or stupid, for Keith Hill to take the job with his hands already tied.
In comparison, Hurst has had a free ride up to now. In the eyes of many fans, his credits are running out.

No it's not.

Scunny are in the mire because they spent beyond their means and eventually the sh1t hit the fan as it always does, yet some are moaning about our board wanting to be sustainable and not chuck money around on expensive players.

They have also had several managers trying to stop the slide, which again many are advocating for us. They got rid of Alexander and it's been downhill ever since.

Why has Hurst had a free ride? Free ride from what?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 23, 2022, 9:45pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ginnywings

No it's not.

Scunny are in the mire because they spent beyond their means and eventually the sh1t hit the fan as it always does, yet some are moaning about our board wanting to be sustainable and not chuck money around on expensive players.

They have also had several managers trying to stop the slide, which again many are advocating for us. They got rid of Alexander and it's been downhill ever since.

Why has Hurst had a free ride? Free ride from what?

Well for one Fenty, for all he did wrong, never put us in a position where we couldn’t get players in.

As for Hurst, he’s had a long run of poor results that have only recently drawn criticism and anger from the fans as he’s been seen as the choice of the new owners who most fans believe will restore the football club.

You’re keen to use ‘happy clappers’ as a badge of honour. The reality is that things are not going as well as most would want. How tolerant people are is the difference. I don’t expect Hurst to be sacked anytime soon but I do think he’s getting a pretty easy ride.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2022, 9:54pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well for one Fenty, for all he did wrong, never put us in a position where we couldn’t get players in.

As for Hurst, he’s had a long run of poor results that have only recently drawn criticism and anger from the fans as he’s been seen as the choice of the new owners who most fans believe will restore the football club.

You’re keen to use ‘happy clappers’ as a badge of honour. The reality is that things are not going as well as most would want. How tolerant people are is the difference. I don’t expect Hurst to be sacked anytime soon but I do think he’s getting a pretty easy ride.

'Badge of honour'.

WTF?

Think I'll leave it there.
Posted by: kamakazebear, January 23, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Bizarre what comments is he on about because I haven't seen anything that would generate that sort of animosity.

I'm confused too, we have a manager that likes to big any opposition team up to be like Barcelona.

Maybe he's been reading the fishy and taken some comments to heart.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 24, 2022, 5:42am; Reply: 44
You can most definitely compare us to scunny. Whereas they over spent with unrealistic expectations, we did the very opposite. Either way, both are examples of awful leadership.

The narrative of ‘we were well run’ is silly that, it’s not fact, it’s a narrative peddled by the previous ownership. Things that are well run don’t just survive, they progress, invest and move forward. Things take time…

Hurst May be is getting an easier ride than most but he’s also the only manager since Alan Buckley to get us successfully promoted…
Posted by: coddy60, January 24, 2022, 9:41am; Reply: 45
I wonder if Woodman is aware the Gillingham chairman's wife is from here?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 24, 2022, 12:03pm; Reply: 46
I reckon all the abuse was purely towards him......Town fans, and every other teams fans, constantly reminding him about the number of very large PIES he has obviously eaten.

What an absolute fact hunt. ;D
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 24, 2022, 12:05pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from coddy60
I wonder if Woodman is aware the Gillingham chairman's wife is from here?

My mate said it's all gone a bit quiet down there; probably because Scally doesn't want to pay the compensation for Woodman. The newly available Grant McCann would be an excellent appointment for any club in League One so I wonder if they will try get him instead?
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 24, 2022, 2:41pm; Reply: 48
Woodman and the Bromley approach drunk me off.

But if McAtee banged in a 94th minute winner against them, I would have bloody loved it if he perched himself in front of Woodman with arms aloft.  Jamie Vardy in front of Rob Scott like.  

Having a few sleeps since Saturday you can see through it as an act, as others have said it's about building that siege mentality and it's clearly working. It's not a style I'd want to see all the time but fair play to them for identifying how soft we are and taking advantage of it.  We're absolutely powder puff when it comes to any form of shithouse behaviour.  We need to toughen up, sharpish.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 24, 2022, 2:54pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from diehardmariner
Woodman and the Bromley approach drunk me off.

But if McAtee banged in a 94th minute winner against them, I would have bloody loved it if he perched himself in front of Woodman with arms aloft.  Jamie Vardy in front of Rob Scott like.  

Having a few sleeps since Saturday you can see through it as an act, as others have said it's about building that siege mentality and it's clearly working. It's not a style I'd want to see all the time but fair play to them for identifying how soft we are and taking advantage of it.  We're absolutely powder puff when it comes to any form of shithouse behaviour.  We need to toughen up, sharpish.

This is the thing; the approach annoys us but we would love nothing more than to witness our own team doing it to them. What Woodman and Debbie with her tweet have highlighted is that we are a bunch of softies that can't handle a "win at all costs" mentality.

Other than Wrexham tomorrow and Notts County away, the other 5 games we have coming up are games we need to win by doing whatever it takes.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 24, 2022, 4:42pm; Reply: 50
[img]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/65807391.jpg[/img]
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 24, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from aldi_01
You can most definitely compare us to scunny. Whereas they over spent with unrealistic expectations, we did the very opposite. Either way, both are examples of awful leadership.

The narrative of ‘we were well run’ is silly that, it’s not fact, it’s a narrative peddled by the previous ownership. Things that are well run don’t just survive, they progress, invest and move forward. Things take time…

Hurst May be is getting an easier ride than most but he’s also the only manager since Alan Buckley to get us successfully promoted…

I remember an Alan Buckley, wasn't he the manager that never got us relegated but ended up being sacked?
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 11:59am