On sale from Monday for ST Holders

2000 Allocation

Doesnt state if that's an initial allocation
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 20, 2022, 5:50pm; Reply: 1
Top of league we take 4 k maybe , nowadays I think the allocation is fine
Posted by: Poojah, January 20, 2022, 5:56pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Top of league we take 4 k maybe , nowadays I think the allocation is fine

Probably the most attractive looking away game all season though, isn't it, all things considered? Not far, direct trains, close to the city centre, decent ground, promotion rival, equally doable for southern exiles.

I imagine a lot will rest on how the next couple of games go, but pick up a decent points tally I'd have though the demand could well exceed that.
Posted by: toontown, January 20, 2022, 7:40pm; Reply: 3
Why oh why just 2000, the ground holds 20k FFS. I agree it might be enough but a couple of wins in the next 3 (and we have 2 home games) and it might not.

Notts police deal with forest home games in the championship every other week,surely they can manage a non league match in a large stadium without making it all ticket?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 20, 2022, 8:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah

Probably the most attractive looking away game all season though, isn't it, all things considered? Not far, direct trains, close to the city centre, decent ground, promotion rival, equally doable for southern exiles.

I imagine a lot will rest on how the next couple of games go, but pick up a decent points tally I'd have though the demand could well exceed that.

Me personally I was looking forward to going to kings lynn new ground and  last time I was there on the way back from Norwich ( lifetime a go )  we had a eventful stop at a pub there to say the least 😳. Been to county lots of times doesn’t get me all that excited but as you point out easy to get to nicely situated near the station .. I’ll be there ffs
Posted by: Davec, January 20, 2022, 8:30pm; Reply: 5
I already have train tickets so will be there, will go in home end if I need to.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 20, 2022, 8:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from toontown
Why oh why just 2000, the ground holds 20k FFS. I agree it might be enough but a couple of wins in the next 3 (and we have 2 home games) and it might not.

Notts police deal with forest home games in the championship every other week,surely they can manage a non league match in a large stadium without making it all ticket?

Lincoln and Mansfield are given 4k straight off. It is the only Saturday 3pm away game accessible directly by train. A couple of good results 2k will not be enough.  I've already requests for 8 tickets via my Trust membership but we are going to end up with restricted purchases and some bollocky drip feed of extra tickets...

Posted by: Teesknees, January 20, 2022, 9:18pm; Reply: 7
Can someone advise me here...my son wanted to take me to this game ( a belated Xmas present etc) but as we live in Northamptonshire we'd have to get tickets over the phone/interweb. I am a Club 1878 member, but after the season ticket holders get their tickets on a one for one basis are tickets then available to 1878 members on a one for one basis?  If so he'd have to join just to get two tickets?
Also can 1878 members get their tickets remotely?        
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 20, 2022, 10:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Teesknees
Can someone advise me here...my son wanted to take me to this game ( a belated Xmas present etc) but as we live in Northamptonshire we'd have to get tickets over the phone/interweb. I am a Club 1878 member, but after the season ticket holders get their tickets on a one for one basis are tickets then available to 1878 members on a one for one basis?  If so he'd have to join just to get two tickets?

https://gtfc.co.uk/notts-county-ticket-information-2/
Posted by: toontown, January 21, 2022, 11:19am; Reply: 9
Quoted from mariner tommy

It doesn't actually say whether on Wednesday for 1878 members it is 1 for 1 or not. I assume it is. Which means waiting until general sale if our group is all going to sit together, if they make it to general sale that is. What a completely unnecessary ball ache for a non league match in a stadium which will have literally thousands of empty seats. 😡
Posted by: ska face, January 21, 2022, 11:35am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Teesknees

Always 1-for-1 until they reach general sale.

1878 members can buy online, the website recognises which kind of membership/ST status you have when you log in.
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 21, 2022, 12:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from toontown

It's restricted because Notts didn't want to introduce COVID passes for potential gates over 10,000. So they wanted 8,000 for Notts fans. They restricted Wrexham to 1,200 at first and increased it. I think the COVID passes at events over 10,000 are being ditched now that Plan B restrictions are being scrapped. So hopefully, there's scope to increase our allocation if needed,

Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Lincoln and Mansfield are given 4k straight off. It is the only Saturday 3pm away game accessible directly by train. A couple of good results 2k will not be enough.  I've already requests for 8 tickets via my Trust membership but we are going to end up with restricted purchases and some bollocky drip feed of extra tickets...

What do you mean you've requested 8 through your trust membership? How does that work? I didn't even know that was a thing! How does that work in terms of priority against ST/1878 members?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 21, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's restricted because Notts didn't want to introduce COVID passes for potential gates over 10,000. So they wanted 8,000 for Notts fans. They restricted Wrexham to 1,200 at first and increased it. I think the COVID passes at events over 10,000 are being ditched now that Plan B restrictions are being scrapped. So hopefully, there's scope to increase our allocation if needed,

What do you mean you've requested 8 through your trust membership? How does that work? I didn't even know that was a thing! How does that work in terms of priority against ST/1878 members?

Sorry wasn't clear - I've already 8 people who want to go on our main jolly boys day out for the season (Brigg Mariners and exiled Brigg Mariners plus some of our kids who proudly have followed in our footsteps) - and I'm the one with Trust and 1878 membership so I'm the one who was going to get the tickets. I'd forgotten about Notts not wanting COVID passes so being restricted to 10k. Now this has gone there is no reason not give us 4k if needed and no reason for GTFC to restrict to 1 for 1 purchases.

Posted by: Teesknees, January 21, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ska face

Always 1-for-1 until they reach general sale.

1878 members can buy online, the website recognises which kind of membership/ST status you have when you log in.

Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose my son would have to become a 1878 member if we were to get two tickets sat together, otherwise he'd have to wait until they went on general sale and then we'd most likely be sat miles apart, if he managed to get a ticket!
It makes it an expensive day out if he was to join. He doesn't support Town so unlikely he'd use it again!
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 21, 2022, 5:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Teesknees

Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose my son would have to become a 1878 member if we were to get two tickets sat together, otherwise he'd have to wait until they went on general sale and then we'd most likely be sat miles apart, if he managed to get a ticket!
It makes it an expensive day out if he was to join. He doesn't support Town so unlikely he'd use it again!

He doesn’t support Town ? What sort of father are you ?🤣
Posted by: ska face, January 22, 2022, 2:14am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Teesknees

The other option is for him to buy a Trust membership at £12 (if paid monthly, £15 as a one-off).

Would need to wait an extra day until 1878 members have had their chance to buy but given that there are only approx. 150 1878 members, might be worth taking a punt? Suppose it’s a case of whether the additional £13 is worth potentially missing out altogether by waiting another day.

Hope you get sorted.  
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 22, 2022, 3:24pm; Reply: 16
Does anyone know if the seats will be allocated or is it general admission?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 22, 2022, 9:58pm; Reply: 17
As we are printing the tickets I would think it will be sit anywhere as we will unlikely have a seating plan that can be used on our system.
Posted by: Norseman, January 22, 2022, 11:17pm; Reply: 18
Was going but after today it's bad enough driving home 15 minutes in a foul mood .
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2022, 6:48am; Reply: 19
Quoted from AussieMariner
Does anyone know if the seats will be allocated or is it general admission?

There’s always one plank/amateur at away games thag wants to sit in the seat printed on the ticket…even though it’s quite clearly general admission…I removed this happened at scunny away of all places…
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 23, 2022, 1:26pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from aldi_01

There’s always one plank/amateur at away games thag wants to sit in the seat printed on the ticket…even though it’s quite clearly general admission…I removed this happened at scunny away of all places…

Does it say on the tickets it is general admission?
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2022, 2:35pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

Does it say on the tickets it is general admission?

Other than Chelsea and Wembley, I haven’t seen or heard of any away game being allocated seating for a long time…they may print a seat number, this could be a legal thing, who knows (it is in Italy, even though literally nobody complies, not behind the goal or away games anyway).

I’ve bought plenty of tickets but ever had the facility to choose a seat for an away day which essentially points to general admission.

Just get em in the ground, if people are fussy about a seat or good spot, get in early?
Posted by: Phil the cod, January 23, 2022, 3:54pm; Reply: 22
They'll be plenty of tickets on general sale, the way we are playing the club should be paying the supporters to attend the game.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2022, 4:33pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Phil the cod
They'll be plenty of tickets on general sale, the way we are playing the club should be paying the supporters to attend the game.

And yet here you are posting on a forum about it🙄
Posted by: Phil the cod, January 23, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from aldi_01

And yet here you are posting on a forum about it🙄

This is a gtfc football forum is it not?
Or is it a debating society for Fenty apologists?
Either way,the comments I've made are relevant.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 24, 2022, 5:55pm; Reply: 25
As a southern exile ST holder this limit online to 1 ticket is a real pain I will be ringing in the morning to debate this policy If it's just open to ST'S at the mo can't see the problem in purchasing more than one  ??)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 24, 2022, 6:00pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Eastendmariner
As a southern exile ST holder this limit online to 1 ticket is a real pain I will be ringing in the morning to debate this policy If it's just open to ST'S at the mo can't see the problem in purchasing more than one  ??)

Because you might purchase an extra ticket for some random bloke who hasn't set foot in BP before.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 24, 2022, 6:08pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Eastendmariner

You can link another season ticket holders online ticketing account to your own and then purchase multiple tickets that way, or just ring them up and buy them over the phone?
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 24, 2022, 6:41pm; Reply: 28
Thanks Chris will try that UTM
Posted by: sam gy, January 24, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Teesknees

For what it’s worth, there’s no way you won’t be able to sit together. You’ll be able to sit wherever you like.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 25, 2022, 5:56am; Reply: 30
Quoted from sam gy

For what it’s worth, there’s no way you won’t be able to sit together. You’ll be able to sit wherever you like.

This is my point, surely the poster who made that comment has been to an away game before…like I said, aside from Chelsea and Wembley, in the last 20 years I don’t think I’ve ever sat or picked a specific seat for an away day…why would you. Clubs just want you in, where you sit is almost irrelevant…
Posted by: Davec, January 25, 2022, 7:38am; Reply: 31
Quoted from aldi_01

This is my point, surely the poster who made that comment has been to an away game before…like I said, aside from Chelsea and Wembley, in the last 20 years I don’t think I’ve ever sat or picked a specific seat for an away day…why would you. Clubs just want you in, where you sit is almost irrelevant…

For Stevenage away, the day Henderson got thrown under the bus by Bignot (allegedly) I actually got moved 5 times by people demanding to sit in the seats which were printed on their tickets.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 25, 2022, 8:20am; Reply: 32
I remember going to Stevenage about 5 years ago, and there was some bloke in the seat referenced on my ticket. I requested he vacate immediately.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 25, 2022, 12:21pm; Reply: 33
820 sold, more will be requested if we look like selling out but no guarantees - more likely to get more if we are likely to sell loads more as opposed to a couple of hundred extra - will make it worth Notts opening up more of the side stand and paying for extra stewarding. They will certainly get to general sale but the first day of general sale will indicate how many we are likely to sell.
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 25, 2022, 12:39pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from aldi_01

Other than Chelsea and Wembley, I haven’t seen or heard of any away game being allocated seating for a long time…they may print a seat number, this could be a legal thing, who knows (it is in Italy, even though literally nobody complies, not behind the goal or away games anyway).

I’ve bought plenty of tickets but ever had the facility to choose a seat for an away day which essentially points to general admission.

Just get em in the ground, if people are fussy about a seat or good spot, get in early?

Weirdly, Dagenham away this season was allocated seats (well...it was pick your own seat number on their website). Obviously wasn't an issue as we only half filled the stand anyway.
Posted by: Mariner93er, January 28, 2022, 10:59am; Reply: 35
Anyone know how many we’ve sold?
Posted by: oochiad, January 28, 2022, 11:39am; Reply: 36
Very arrogant of the people who says it doesn’t matter. As a disabled person I always pick an end of an aisle seat and one that isn’t up to many steps . I go to a lot of away matches and to me it is a real problem. But to you guys it doesn’t matter….,,
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 28, 2022, 12:13pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from oochiad
Very arrogant of the people who says it doesn’t matter. As a disabled person I always pick an end of an aisle seat and one that isn’t up to many steps . I go to a lot of away matches and to me it is a real problem. But to you guys it doesn’t matter….,,

Yeah, it gets on my mammaries as well. Like fine, it doesn't really matter so much at away games where we've not sold loads of tickets, but at those where there are assigned seats on the tickets and we've mostly filled the away end (Scunny, Bradford, Lincoln, Notts County etc) it's incredibly annoying trying to find somewhere else to sit if there's some selfish twit already occupying your seat.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 28, 2022, 1:10pm; Reply: 38
I got mine and son of yesterday. We’ve sold just under 1100.
With a load more on Sat etc I guess we will push the 2000 mark.
Which I think is fantastic.
There’s a few of us staying overnight on the Sat. Always a good night out.
The hardest part for us will be trying to keep Muzzy sober enough to make it out in the evening !!
Posted by: moosey_club, January 28, 2022, 1:30pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Civvy at last
I got mine and son of yesterday. We’ve sold just under 1100.
With a load more on Sat etc I guess we will push the 2000 mark.
Which I think is fantastic.
There’s a few of us staying overnight on the Sat. Always a good night out.
The hardest part for us will be trying to keep Muzzy sober enough to make it out in the evening to the match !!

Edited for you
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 28, 2022, 2:35pm; Reply: 40
Pay day 31st for a lot of people too, reckon'll we'll see us get up towards that 2,000 by the end of Monday.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 28, 2022, 3:14pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Son of Cod
Pay day 31st for a lot of people too, reckon'll we'll see us get up towards that 2,000 by the end of Monday.

Considering our current form, that's pretty damn amazing support.
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 28, 2022, 3:23pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Les Brechin

Considering our current form, that's pretty damn amazing support.

If we sell 2,000 off the back of 9 straight away defeats I'm not sure if that's admirable or insanity. I guess it can be both? Wrexham have got the current biggest away following this season at 1900 something. Would be great to beat that.
Posted by: gytone, January 28, 2022, 3:41pm; Reply: 43
If we were still within the top 3 I reckon they'd have gone by now and we'd easily shift 3k.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 28, 2022, 3:44pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Son of Cod

If we sell 2,000 off the back of 9 straight away defeats I'm not sure if that's admirable or insanity. I guess it can be both? Wrexham have got the current biggest away following this season at 1900 something. Would be great to beat that.

Here's the latest away averages (before Tuesday). The "Weighted" average is worked out by away attendance figures off the distance that one team would have to travel by car to get to the opposition's ground. In theory, if every game was played 100 miles away, this would be that team's average away following. (Not too sure if that makes much sense to anyone, but this is copied of the onefootballforum.). I must say that Southend's average is pretty impressive going on the season they are having.

Wrexham     885
Grimsby     833
Southend     719
Notts County 615
Chesterfield 562
Stockport     518
Torquay     386
Woking     284
Yeovil     227
Barnet     205
Aldershot     204
Dagenham 187
Wealdstone 185
Halifax     180
Altrincham 158
Solihull     134
Bromley     108
Weymouth 84
Eastleigh     76
Maidenhead 65
Dover 58
King's Lynn 57
Boreham Wood     45

Weighted Average:

Grimsby     1394
Wrexham     1077
Southend     793
Notts County 720
Chesterfield 698
Torquay     597
Stockport     553
Yeovil     309
Halifax     247
Woking     193
Aldershot     182
Wealdstone 172
Dagenham 164
Altrincham 144
Weymouth 126
Bromley     124
Solihull     100
Barnet     99
Eastleigh     92
King's Lynn 88
Dover     87
Maidenhead 55
Boreham Wood     44
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 29, 2022, 10:16am; Reply: 45
Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? Trying to buy a Notts ticket but keep getting an error when it's supposed to go the payment screen.

Quoted from Les Brechin

Here's the latest away averages (before Tuesday). The "Weighted" average is worked out by away attendance figures off the distance that one team would have to travel by car to get to the opposition's ground. In theory, if every game was played 100 miles away, this would be that team's average away following. (Not too sure if that makes much sense to anyone, but this is copied of the onefootballforum.). I must say that Southend's average is pretty impressive going on the season they are having.

Wrexham     885
Grimsby     833
Southend     719
Notts County 615
Chesterfield 562
Stockport     518
Torquay     386
Woking     284
Yeovil     227
Barnet     205
Aldershot     204
Dagenham 187
Wealdstone 185
Halifax     180
Altrincham 158
Solihull     134
Bromley     108
Weymouth 84
Eastleigh     76
Maidenhead 65
Dover 58
King's Lynn 57
Boreham Wood     45

Weighted Average:

Grimsby     1394
Wrexham     1077
Southend     793
Notts County 720
Chesterfield 698
Torquay     597
Stockport     553
Yeovil     309
Halifax     247
Woking     193
Aldershot     182
Wealdstone 172
Dagenham 164
Altrincham 144
Weymouth 126
Bromley     124
Solihull     100
Barnet     99
Eastleigh     92
King's Lynn 88
Dover     87
Maidenhead 55
Boreham Wood     44

Yeah I like that weighted table, we're probably gonna come out on top of that. The guy who compiles it said our trip to Woking was the highest weighted following of the season.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 29, 2022, 10:32am; Reply: 46
[quote=140327]Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? Trying to buy a Notts ticket but keep getting an error when it's supposed to go the payment screen.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1487370255118835713?t=i2MIexhx13ebcXcMRz7MJg&s=19
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 29, 2022, 10:34am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
[quote=140327]Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? Trying to buy a Notts ticket but keep getting an error when it's supposed to go the payment screen.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1487370255118835713?t=i2MIexhx13ebcXcMRz7MJg&s=19

Ah right nice cheers mate. Not on Twitter so hadn't seen that.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 29, 2022, 10:57am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Son of Cod
Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? Trying to buy a Notts ticket but keep getting an error when it's supposed to go the payment screen.

Yeah I like that weighted table, we're probably gonna come out on top of that. The guy who compiles it said our trip to Woking was the highest weighted following of the season.

Pretty sure , being there, that there were far more Town fans there on the day at Woking than the official figure.
Posted by: ska face, January 29, 2022, 9:43pm; Reply: 49
https://mobile.twitter.com/GTFC_SLO/status/1487539982612979716

Not bad when you consider we’ve lost our last 8 away games on the spin. Hoping for a good one 🍺
Posted by: aldi_01, January 29, 2022, 10:01pm; Reply: 50
Didn’t expect that, thought there’d be some left by Wednesday…
Posted by: Croxton, January 29, 2022, 10:20pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from aldi_01
Didn’t expect that, thought there’d be some left by Wednesday…

Caught me out too. Sauntered into the ticket office at 2.15 today and ended up as one of about 20 names on a clipboard waiting list. Even if there are extra tickets sent I'll have postage to pay. So unnecessary for Notts to make it impossible to pay on the gate.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 29, 2022, 10:22pm; Reply: 52
Well intercourse me why didnt the club give any updates!?

Thats me buggered unless we get an extra allocation
Posted by: immariner, January 29, 2022, 10:29pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Hagrid

I agree mate. That is proper slack
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 29, 2022, 10:35pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Croxton

Caught me out too. Sauntered into the ticket office at 2.15 today and ended up as one of about 20 names on a clipboard waiting list. Even if there are extra tickets sent I'll have postage to pay. So unnecessary for Notts to make it impossible to pay on the gate.

I did - I jumped online at 10am yesterday as I needed alot. We were always going to sell 2000, 8 away defeats on the bounce or not. It's one of only two possible jolly boys (and girls) days out that we've got this season - and Nottingham is nicer than Chesterfield. We'll sell another 500 if they give us them. Someone said above if we'd been top it would be 3k, I think nearer 4 - we are that starved of success and access to tickets for local games. Every single local derby at Scunny or Lincoln for the past 20 years we've been restricted to 2,000 or fewer. When we got given 4k at Donny we sold them easily.

Posted by: toontown, January 29, 2022, 11:46pm; Reply: 55

I did - I jumped online at 10am yesterday as I needed alot. We were always going to sell 2000, 8 away defeats on the bounce or not. It's one of only two possible jolly boys (and girls) days out that we've got this season - and Nottingham is nicer than Chesterfield. We'll sell another 500 if they give us them. Someone said above if we'd been top it would be 3k, I think nearer 4 - we are that starved of success and access to tickets for local games. Every single local derby at Scunny or Lincoln for the past 20 years we've been restricted to 2,000 or fewer. When we got given 4k at Donny we sold them easily.

Agreed itd be pushing 4k if we were top, it's such a shame if they don't give us some more when there's going to be so many empty seats!
Posted by: sam gy, January 30, 2022, 12:40am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Hagrid

To be fair, they said when they were available from. They were always gonna sell out.
Posted by: sydney, January 30, 2022, 12:51am; Reply: 57
None Left?
Can’t we simply pay on the day?
Posted by: out of town, January 30, 2022, 10:19am; Reply: 58
I've got a hotel booked in Nottingham and was waiting until payday Monday to buy a ticket (crying)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 30, 2022, 10:50am; Reply: 59
Quoted from sydney
None Left?
Can’t we simply pay on the day?

Got me thinking - when was the last pay on the day away game within 100 miles of Gy? Probably last time we played Notts or maybe when we played Mansfield on a Tuesday night and only had about 600 there.

Last pay on the day v Scunny or Lincoln would have been the 1990 promotion season when the away stand was still standing. I don't think Boston has ever been pay on the day has it?

Days of pay on the day for local games are probably over...
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 30, 2022, 11:16am; Reply: 60
We live in a poorly paid town not to mention being mid table in the dog and duck league and still we travel in huge numbers , our fans deserve some success and soon
Posted by: aldi_01, January 30, 2022, 11:26am; Reply: 61

Got me thinking - when was the last pay on the day away game within 100 miles of Gy? Probably last time we played Notts or maybe when we played Mansfield on a Tuesday night and only had about 600 there.

Last pay on the day v Scunny or Lincoln would have been the 1990 promotion season when the away stand was still standing. I don't think Boston has ever been pay on the day has it?

Days of pay on the day for local games are probably over...

To be fair, if we ever find ourselves higher up the pyramid, pay on the day is unlikely, wherever the game. At our level it seems a tad over the top but you can see why teams do it.

The issue is like Wrexham on Tuesday, some folk might not know until last minute but because of convoluted systems it meant if you could attend but didn’t know until Tuesday afternoon, you couldn’t attend.

The default large away followings for town are only common in the last 10 years or so, whatever anyone thinks of the current situation, to sell out after losing 8 away games on the spin is a great effort…
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 30, 2022, 11:34am; Reply: 62
Quoted from aldi_01

To be fair, if we ever find ourselves higher up the pyramid, pay on the day is unlikely, wherever the game. At our level it seems a tad over the top but you can see why teams do it.

The issue is like Wrexham on Tuesday, some folk might not know until last minute but because of convoluted systems it meant if you could attend but didn’t know until Tuesday afternoon, you couldn’t attend.

The default large away followings for town are only common in the last 10 years or so, whatever anyone thinks of the current situation, to sell out after losing 8 away games on the spin is a great effort…

I used to make many late decisions to go to games. As a student with my railcard in the early 80s and then with a battered Peugeot diesel in the late 80s and 90s. It was a case of the morning of the game - feck it let's go. Now it's pre-planned logistical exercise.

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 30, 2022, 12:23pm; Reply: 63
Got the impression there’s more tickets to come from Notts so I’d imagine all will be fine.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2022, 1:57pm; Reply: 64
well i do hope we're getting some more
Posted by: ska face, January 31, 2022, 2:32pm; Reply: 65
Anyone wanting tickets would probably be best advised to start pestering the ticket office, the club and the SLO, as we all know not much gets done otherwise.
Posted by: out of town, January 31, 2022, 2:47pm; Reply: 66
There's a reserve list if you call the ticket office.

Might be a fair few in the home end if they don't give us more tickets
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 31, 2022, 2:49pm; Reply: 67
We've already requested more tickets, waiting on Notts apparently.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 31, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from ska face
Anyone wanting tickets would probably be best advised to start pestering the ticket office, the club and the SLO, as we all know not much gets done otherwise.

Seems like they managed to get it done themselves without the need for much pestering.

500 more tickets released
Posted by: Davec, January 31, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 69
500 extra has been received
Posted by: ska face, January 31, 2022, 3:18pm; Reply: 70
https://mobile.twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1488166934596276233
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 31, 2022, 3:27pm; Reply: 71
Our away average attendance is going to get even more impressive.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 31, 2022, 3:28pm; Reply: 72
That's the minimum I thought we'd need. 800 were sold in just over a day on Friday / Sat morning. Why not send 1k and send the unsold ones back - do they charge GTFC if they are not sold?
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 31, 2022, 3:35pm; Reply: 73
Will be the biggest away following so far in our division then.
Posted by: Croxton, January 31, 2022, 3:55pm; Reply: 74
That's the minimum I thought we'd need. 800 were sold in just over a day on Friday / Sat morning. Why not send 1k and send the unsold ones back - do they charge GTFC if they are not sold?

Pure shithousery by Notts. They have a dedicated away ticket office for collections but are putting our ticket office to the bother of contacting people like me on the reserve list and then having to stuff hundreds  of tickets into envelopes for postage.

If I had known that tickets were selling fast on Friday then I could have secured my ticket before setting off on Saturday a.m. Not being allowed to purchase direct from Notts in advance, or on the day, fails to address the fact that most clubs have a significant section of away fans who are exiles.

If it is the case that we chose not to request more initially then I apologise to Notts , but even then, not being able to collect at Notts is antediluvian.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 31, 2022, 3:58pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Croxton

Pure shithousery by Notts. They have a dedicated away ticket office for collections but are putting our ticket office to the bother of contacting people like me on the reserve list and then having to stuff hundreds  of tickets into envelopes for postage.

If I had known that tickets were selling fast on Friday then I could have secured my ticket before setting off on Saturday a.m. Not being allowed to purchase direct from Notts in advance, or on the day, fails to address the fact that most clubs have a significant section of away fans who are exiles.

If it is the case that we chose not to request more initially then I apologise to Notts , but even then, not being able to collect at Notts is antediluvian.

"Antidiluvian". Well done didn't expect to see that on the Forum today!
Posted by: Croxton, January 31, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from chipsandgravy

"Antidiluvian". Well done didn't expect to see that on the Forum today!

Thanks. Gravitas and/or pomposity in a single word!

Posted by: out of town, January 31, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Croxton

Spot on. The away stands holds up to 5k and the city is used to having large amounts of footy fans at the weekend so they can't use the policing excuse.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 31, 2022, 5:39pm; Reply: 78
You can’t even book a table at ‘Hooters’ o that day either.
Disgraceful 😢😕😕
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2022, 6:48pm; Reply: 79
Think the spike in sales on Thursday/Friday was because it was the first pay day after Chrimbo for a lot of folk.
Posted by: Croxton, February 1, 2022, 10:14am; Reply: 80
Ticket office just made the call, took payment and put ticket in the post. No idea how many on the 'reserve list' but I guess there should be some left over for later today.
Posted by: out of town, February 1, 2022, 2:13pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Croxton
Ticket office just made the call, took payment and put ticket in the post. No idea how many on the 'reserve list' but I guess there should be some left over for later today.

Just got 2 as well. I was put on the reserve list yesterday afternoon so i'd imagine they're near the end of the list now
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 2, 2022, 11:15am; Reply: 82
Sold out again...
Posted by: forza ivano, February 2, 2022, 11:21am; Reply: 83
all 2500 sold!

they'd already got a lengthy reserve list 15 mins ago when i rang. Fortunately they had 1 odd single ticket left, so i was v. lucky as that's all i needed.

Vat and Fiddle here I come!
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 2, 2022, 11:28am; Reply: 84
Bonkers support that. Can't wait. Hopefully we finally see another win on the road.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 2, 2022, 12:13pm; Reply: 85
What’s bonkers is clubs are this level deciding they do not want additional customers through the door.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 2, 2022, 12:55pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
What’s bonkers is clubs are this level deciding they do not want additional customers through the door.

Faceless bureaucrats restricting our personal freedoms behind the scenes?

Why have Leicester City been given 4,059 tickets for the Forest game the day after. Similar story as Boxing Day - Blackpool at Huddersfield had double the allocation we had for Halifax. As soon as the COVID restriction on capacity was lifted we should have been given 4k and then GTFC could sell them on an unrestricted basis from the outset.

Posted by: bedders78, February 2, 2022, 2:00pm; Reply: 87
It's time for the club to start making a real fuss about this. There has been no trouble with supporters at any game, home or away, this season.

At the 2 biggest grounds in the league that could easily accommodate everyone who wished to see the game, we have been artificially restricted for no good reason while we watch teams in higher divisions in the same locality entertain double the number of supporters with no problems.

We are not hooligans, we just want to watch football. When I got my season ticket, it was with one eye on fixtures at the smaller grounds like King's Lynn, not grounds with capacities of 14k upwards that are less than half full.
Posted by: Croxton, February 2, 2022, 9:51pm; Reply: 88
Thanks to the hard work in our ticket office I took delivery of my ticket today here in Sheffield. Thanks to Notts County my £14 (65+) seat has already cost £17.50.

On the plus side, I find that my return rail ticket direct to Nottingham is only £8.30. Happy face back on.
Posted by: Mariner9, February 2, 2022, 11:52pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from bedders78
It's time for the club to start making a real fuss about this. There has been no trouble with supporters at any game, home or away, this season.

At the 2 biggest grounds in the league that could easily accommodate everyone who wished to see the game, we have been artificially restricted for no good reason while we watch teams in higher divisions in the same locality entertain double the number of supporters with no problems.

We are not hooligans, we just want to watch football. When I got my season ticket, it was with one eye on fixtures at the smaller grounds like King's Lynn, not grounds with capacities of 14k upwards that are less than half full.

You obviously didn't go to Dagenham...
Posted by: aldi_01, February 3, 2022, 5:19am; Reply: 90
Quoted from Mariner9

You obviously didn't go to Dagenham...

I don’t think Dagenham was bad, just a few man babies getting all excited because they don’t like old shorty, mainly because he cupped his ear and how dare he call out town fans…6 years ago. Was all rather pathetic.

Interesting that the big giant man baby who seemed to be the biggest issue hasn’t been seen for a while…that alone is good enough to keep PH if it means he stays away…
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 3, 2022, 10:14am; Reply: 91
A Notts fan on TFF/1FF has said this regarding the allocation:

"Actually seen an explanation via Twitter that I think makes sense. Basically, the concourse in that stand isn’t fit for purpose (remember it being very small for the size of the stand when it used to be the away end), and its safety certificate might now have some specific rules attached to it. One of these maybe being that when a following over a certain size (I am speculating possibly 2,500 here) is in it, the gates onto the street have to be opened all the way along at half time, and the police have to close the road, meaning that the policing/stewarding costs go up exponentially. So it probably isn’t cost effective for us to have, say, 3,000 in there. It’s 2,500 or the whole lot."

Quoted from Croxton
Thanks to the hard work in our ticket office I took delivery of my ticket today here in Sheffield. Thanks to Notts County my £14 (65+) seat has already cost £17.50.

On the plus side, I find that my return rail ticket direct to Nottingham is only £8.30. Happy face back on.

Gonna clock in as an expensive day for a lot I reckon. £23.50 for a full price adult ticket delivered and £58.40 return from London on the train so far for me.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:54pm