Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, January 20, 2022, 3:59pm
Being reported that he's been released, by mutual consent.
Think it's fair to say that he hasn't been overly impressive, and am pretty sure he was one of those who were moaning about Gy and Cleethorpes,
No loss imho, there's far better out there, and no point in him being here if he isn't happy
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 20, 2022, 4:00pm; Reply: 1
Heard he’s gone ……??
Posted by: gtfc98, January 20, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from forza ivano
Think it's fair to say that he hasn't been overly impressive, and am pretty sure he was one of those who were moaning about Gy and Cleethorpes,
No loss imho, there's far better out there, and no point in him being here if he isn't happy

I don't think it's fair to say that at all. He's looked solid in patches. Was unlucky really with the form of Towler meaning he didn't really get a look in at the start of the season.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 20, 2022, 4:05pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from forza ivano

Would disagree completely, the first few opening games before he was suspended or was it injured I can't remember him and Waterfall as a pairing looked unbeatable
Posted by: Hagrid, January 20, 2022, 4:07pm; Reply: 4

Would disagree completely, the first few opening games before he was suspended or was it injured I can't remember him and Waterfall as a pairing looked unbeatable

he only played first game and went off injured at stockport

Surprised to see him go as i thought he was okay.

But yeah i've been out in cleethorpes and he's whinged about how boring it is round here
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 20, 2022, 4:10pm; Reply: 5
David Gone-King.
Posted by: Fette Schlange, January 20, 2022, 4:11pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

he only played first game and went off injured at stockport

Surprised to see him go as i thought he was okay.

But yeah i've been out in cleethorpes and he's whinged about how boring it is round here

I’m not surprised if he’s drinking with you
Posted by: Hagrid, January 20, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Fette Schlange

I’m not surprised if he’s drinking with you

not something your mother minds
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 20, 2022, 4:17pm; Reply: 8
Makes sense to let him leave if he's not happy. Be lovely to get Towler back if there's any chance. Hasn't got on the bench for them since his harrowing 45 minutes against Millwall and can't play for anyone else now.
Posted by: jaf243, January 20, 2022, 4:22pm; Reply: 9
Was still around on Monday - saw him and his Mrs on the pier in clee. Both looked quite happy. Not to say he's not on his way if he is tho...
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 20, 2022, 4:24pm; Reply: 10
Shame, as he seems a good pro, and was actually a good player.
Hurst is doing the right thing by letting him leave, and hopefully has a replacement lined up.
Pearson is looking back to his solid best, and Waterfall is a good non-league defender, without setting the league on fire...

Agree with Rodley, and makes sense for all parties for Towler to come back if possible!
Posted by: chaos33, January 20, 2022, 4:46pm; Reply: 11
Worries me that we are threadbare at the back if he’s gone. Hopefully a replacement in swiftly. I thought he looked a competent player.
Posted by: acko338, January 20, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 12
I would certainly like to see Towler return.... and never play left back again !!

He really would enhance those already here with his extra pace and playing out rather than just hoofing the ball.

4 centre backs are needed to cover injuries, suspensions etc.

Pearson, Smith, Waterfall and Towler would be a good solid 4some !
Posted by: forza ivano, January 20, 2022, 4:53pm; Reply: 13

i saw him at Bromsgrove, Kiddy and Dagenham, so about twice as much as you  ;)
distribution didn't look great and imho always looked a bit shaky. Would've been worried if he was ever first choice.
v. v. . poor imitation of Towler
Posted by: ginnywings, January 20, 2022, 5:58pm; Reply: 14
Thinks Crookes can play centre back if needed and I'm sure PH said Amos can too, so we've got cover if needed.

Would like to see Towler back mind.
Posted by: Maringer, January 20, 2022, 6:18pm; Reply: 15
I think Crookes is big enough and decent in the air so could probably do a job there. Agree it would be nice to see Towler back, of course!

3-5-2 now an option if Amos beds in well, perhaps? Not sure that Efete and Amos are attacking enough to be wing-backs, however.
Posted by: Sigone, January 20, 2022, 6:32pm; Reply: 16
Don't forget Goundry has been recalled last week..and Smith is a central defender..think we may sign a right back.
Posted by: gtfcmd, January 20, 2022, 6:58pm; Reply: 17
Has he actually gone not seen anything announced  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 20, 2022, 7:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from gtfcmd
Has he actually gone not seen anything announced  

Nothing announced, I know Matf asked him in the prematch presser if DLK was one to go out on loan but that's about the only connection I can make to the rumour tbh.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, January 21, 2022, 1:25pm; Reply: 19
Methinks this is much ado about nothing - nothing from the club.
He is on a 2 year deal so unless he tore up his contract he's still here surely?
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 21, 2022, 2:22pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Methinks this is much ado about nothing - nothing from the club.
He is on a 2 year deal so unless he tore up his contract he's still here surely?

Matt Dean asked Hurst about him this week, so get the sense Matt has heard something. Hurst didn't confirm but, probably more telling,  he also didn't deny that someones on their way out on loan possibly.
Posted by: ska face, January 21, 2022, 2:56pm; Reply: 21
Woking then.

Shame, I liked the look of him when he played.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 21, 2022, 3:01pm; Reply: 22
At 6ft 4" he'll probably be their smallest player
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 21, 2022, 3:02pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ska face
Woking then.

Shame, I liked the look of him when he played.

Apparently didn't like the area - good luck to him.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 21, 2022, 3:20pm; Reply: 24
https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/7728/longe-king-signs/
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 21, 2022, 3:26pm; Reply: 25
they must have a full house now
Posted by: Maringer, January 21, 2022, 3:32pm; Reply: 26
Looked a little clumsy on the couple of occasions I saw him play, but then he never really got a run in the team. Perhaps this might mean that Towler will return? Either that, or a new right-back coming in might see Smith given a chance?
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 21, 2022, 3:40pm; Reply: 27
David Wo-King.

Sorry.
Posted by: Kris2, January 21, 2022, 5:01pm; Reply: 28
Suits Woking being a tall player. Seems a nice bloke just hasn't settled here very well, a move back down near London will probably be more to his liking. Can't really fault him if he was honest about being unhappy here after giving it a go, the area isn't for everyone and I imagine people who come from London would find it a bit dull and quiet at that age.
Posted by: smokey111, January 21, 2022, 5:07pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Kris2
Suits Woking being a tall player. Seems a nice bloke just hasn't settled here very well, a move back down near London will probably be more to his liking. Can't really fault him if he was honest about being unhappy here after giving it a go, the area isn't for everyone and I imagine people who come from London would find it a bit dull and quiet at that age.

Maybe he didn't visit Browns cafe and the Tivoli Tavern!?
Posted by: Croxton, January 21, 2022, 5:15pm; Reply: 30
Good squad player but not as comfortable on the ball as Smith or Towler. Just hope that Michee Efete doesn't miss his pal too much.
Posted by: Total Hawsehole, January 21, 2022, 5:48pm; Reply: 31
David So long King
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 21, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from smokey111

Maybe he didn't visit Browns cafe and the Tivoli Tavern!?

Hey, don’t slag off The Tivoli, a wonderful boozer!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 21, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Croxton
Good squad player but not as comfortable on the ball as Smith or Towler. Just hope that Michee Efete doesn't miss his pal too much.

Abrahams knows Efete very well which should help that situation.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 21, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Heisenberg

Hey, don’t slag off The Tivoli, a wonderful boozer!

You only had to spend a couple of hours in there to come out with lung cancer.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 21, 2022, 6:34pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from arryarryarry

You only had to spend a couple of hours in there to come out with lung cancer.

I can imagine, but I’ve probably been in there once a year and only since the smoking ban. Love it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 22, 2022, 2:34am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Heisenberg

I can imagine, but I’ve probably been in there once a year and only since the smoking ban. Love it.

Must be over 30 years since I have been in after moving away. I didn't know it was still open, very rarely do I get down that part of Town.
Posted by: lukeo, January 22, 2022, 12:33pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Kris2

This exactly. Sometimes people forget footballers are human. It isnt easy moving away from home. I've somehow survived and I've only just recently started too feel settled and it's been 9 years!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:47am