Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 13, 2022, 6:15pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voAyg0bWXAs left back joins
Posted by: Meza, January 13, 2022, 6:27pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from BeijingMariner

amended for you Beijing.

[youtube]voAyg0bWXAs[/youtube]
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 13, 2022, 6:43pm; Reply: 2
Great interview from the lad, love to see someone with so much enthusiasm, can't wait to see how he fairs!
Posted by: chaos33, January 13, 2022, 6:55pm; Reply: 3
Welcome Danny. Crack on!!!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 13, 2022, 6:57pm; Reply: 4
My only worry is our record of signing former Vale players  ;D  ;D  ;D
Posted by: PoutonStepover, January 13, 2022, 7:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Great interview from the lad, love to see someone with so much enthusiasm, can't wait to see how he fairs!

The enthusiasm sounds good if you just hear it once, but then you watch his interview from when he joined Port Vale and it’s like he’s rehearsed it 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

https://youtu.be/433kIjx-eVI
Posted by: ska face, January 13, 2022, 7:05pm; Reply: 6
Well done Poirot, you’ve got him!
Posted by: Poojah, January 13, 2022, 7:13pm; Reply: 7
Danny comes from a talented family. His brother Ben plays in goal for Wigan having come through the Manchester United ranks, while his mother Tori had a UK number one hit single in 1996 with Professional Widow (It’s gotta be big). Let’s hope we can get a tune out of him…

https://youtu.be/Zqae5qyopok
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2022, 7:15pm; Reply: 8
wouldn't it be refreshing if, just once, the incoming player was honest in his interview?

'i wasn't getting a game at Vale, i knew I'd have to drop down a level to get a chance. GTFC are going to match my wages, plus there's a car pool going from Sheffield, so i'm going to save sh1tloads on the petrol (have you seen how much a gallon has shot up?)
Obviously i will do my best, otherwise i won't have much of a career will I? Hopefully Crookes will get injured/suspended, i will play a stormer ,get established, then  my agent can get me a good deal back in Div1.
The fans? Well great they have such numbers, beats playing in front of 500 in the Checkatrade...'

i would have so much more respect for him ;D ;D
Posted by: chaos33, January 13, 2022, 7:17pm; Reply: 9
FFS as if he’s really going to say that?! He’s a professional. He’s done it by the book.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 13, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Poojah
Danny comes from a talented family. His brother Ben plays in goal for Wigan having come through the Manchester United ranks, while his mother Tori had a UK number one hit single in 1996 with Professional Widow (It’s gotta be big). Let’s hope we can get a tune out of him…

On every friday night in JD's that, so were some of the Town youth players as well.  ;D
Posted by: Poojah, January 13, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33
FFS as if he’s really going to say that?! He’s a professional. He’s done it by the book.

I’m literally salivating at the prospect of his customary “we go again” tweet on Saturday after we fall to our trademark late 1-0 home defeat, slightly against the run of play.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 13, 2022, 7:29pm; Reply: 12
Welcome Danny. Your new commute is 1 hour 15 minutes. According to Google Maps (sad I know), that gives you an extra 14 minutes in bed every morning.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2022, 7:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from chaos33

i know he has

you obviously havent read my post properly
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2022, 7:34pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Poojah

I’m literally salivating at the prospect of his customary “we go again” tweet on Saturday after we fall to our trademark late 1-0 home defeat, slightly against the run of play.

nearly made me choke on my glass of Malbec ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: pizzzza, January 13, 2022, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Poojah

Second attempt at the Tori Amos gag after your post in the Signing In The Morning thread. A bit more explanation made here, I guess the joke did not land as well as you liked first time around?  ;)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 13, 2022, 8:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano
wouldn't it be refreshing if, just once, the incoming player was honest in his interview?

'i wasn't getting a game at Vale, i knew I'd have to drop down a level to get a chance. GTFC are going to match my wages, plus there's a car pool going from Sheffield, so i'm going to save sh1tloads on the petrol (have you seen how much a gallon has shot up?)
Obviously i will do my best, otherwise i won't have much of a career will I? Hopefully Crookes will get injured/suspended, i will play a stormer ,get established, then  my agent can get me a good deal back in Div1.
The fans? Well great they have such numbers, beats playing in front of 500 in the Checkatrade...'

Imagine some of the interviews if players did that down the years.

"Newelly has told me it's a right laugh out on the lash every night."
"Crawley stitched the chairman and gaffer here up a kipper, my knees are absolutely gone."
"I haven't told Woodsy I'm not who he thinks I am yet."
"I know the last keeper who told you all he was going to be England's No1 got dipped on his own line but I actually will be."
Posted by: Poojah, January 13, 2022, 8:53pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from pizzzza

Second attempt at the Tori Amos gag after your post in the Signing In The Morning thread. A bit more explanation made here, I guess the joke did not land as well as you liked first time around?  ;)

Well spotted; as guilty as HRH Prince Andrew.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 13, 2022, 9:19pm; Reply: 18
Welcome Amoss
Posted by: aldi_01, January 13, 2022, 9:22pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Poojah

Did a different but great cover of Teen spirit too…
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2022, 9:31pm; Reply: 20
Preferred Cornflake Girl myself.

Welcome Danny. Hope you are as good as the last Danny we had at left back and you learned from him at Donny.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 13, 2022, 9:35pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings
Preferred Cornflake Girl myself.

Welcome Danny. Hope you are as good as the last Danny we had at left back and you learned from him at Donny.

Cornflake girl is a tune…
Posted by: gobby, January 13, 2022, 10:09pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from aldi_01

Cornflake girl is a tune…
;

You bet your life it is.  ;D ;D
😎
UTMM
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 14, 2022, 7:54am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Meza

amended for you Beijing.

[youtube]voAyg0bWXAs[/youtube]

Cheers ears!
Posted by: Mayaman, January 14, 2022, 9:07am; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano

That would be great.  I guess it's just like any job interview.  I remember going for one and they used some Derren Brown techniques to get inside my head so when they asked me how my sales skills were from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, I said, "two".  I thought, I'd blown it.  They told me that they could train me, they just wanted honest people.  One of the best jobs I've had , shame it was only temporary.
Posted by: jaygy, January 14, 2022, 10:00am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mayaman

That would be great.  I guess it's just like any job interview.  I remember going for one and they used some Derren Brown techniques to get inside my head so when they asked me how my sales skills were from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, I said, "two".  I thought, I'd blown it.  They told me that they could train me, they just wanted honest people.  One of the best jobs I've had , shame it was only temporary.

I had a similar experience, sat down with my top boss for a brew and he asks me what my career aim is going forward and I just replied "your job", thought I'd been mega cheeky and he was gonna hate me but it worked a treat, I'm now shadowing him and being coached to move up when the time is right. Sometimes it pays to just be honest, people respect you more for it and I think it's the same for football fans, we respect when a manager comes out and just says "yeah we played garbage today, the lads need to have a long hard look at themselves because they've let the fans down"
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 14, 2022, 11:38am; Reply: 26
Quoted from jaygy

I had a similar experience, sat down with my top boss for a brew and he asks me what my career aim is going forward and I just replied "your job", thought I'd been mega cheeky and he was gonna hate me but it worked a treat, I'm now shadowing him and being coached to move up when the time is right. Sometimes it pays to just be honest, people respect you more for it and I think it's the same for football fans, we respect when a manager comes out and just says "yeah we played garbage today, the lads need to have a long hard look at themselves because they've let the fans down"

A boss like that is worth their weight in gold.
We had one who would have you in the office for transgressions and the first thing he would yell was "Give me three reasons why I shouldn't sack you"
Then while you were blubbering he'd shout three reasons at you for you to repeat, tell you to consider yourself bollocked and then tell you to fcuk off out of his office.
An absolute diamond of a bloke who was respected by all.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 14, 2022, 3:27pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from GYinScuntland

A boss like that is worth their weight in gold.
We had one who would have you in the office for transgressions and the first thing he would yell was "Give me three reasons why I shouldn't sack you"
Then while you were blubbering he'd shout three reasons at you for you to repeat, tell you to consider yourself bollocked and then tell you to fcuk off out of his office.
An absolute diamond of a bloke who was respected by all.

Sounds like your boss was a former RSM!

Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 14, 2022, 9:49pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from 123614

Sounds like your boss was a former RSM!

Many a young lad was spared a sacking in lieu of his beasting.
Then him and the Union rep would give each other a crafty grin.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:15am