Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: davmariner, January 10, 2022, 2:37pm
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-loans-billson-bapaga-22698482

Going back to Coventry.
Posted by: Poojah, January 10, 2022, 2:41pm; Reply: 1
Shame, I liked Bapaga once he’d got past his slow start, and he made some decent contributions early in the season.

Mildly concerning that, if Hunt has indeed gone too, that’s 4 first-team squad members out without any in (Sears, Bapaga, Hunt and Towler before Christmas). Stating the obvious but we need to be getting players in, at a time when doing so is more difficult and complicated than ever.

Edit: I’d forgotten Bell as well. So it would be 5 down without reinforcements. That’s not really sustainable.
Posted by: Youngy, January 10, 2022, 3:16pm; Reply: 2
Hurst said at his press conference today that Bagpaga is still here.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 10, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 3
Seems to be all one way traffic at the minute.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 10, 2022, 4:00pm; Reply: 4
I didn't think that you could be recalled from a season-long loan?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 10, 2022, 4:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin
I didn't think that you could be recalled from a season-long loan?

Can in January if there's a clause.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 10, 2022, 4:08pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19

Can in January if there's a clause.

He comes in December though. ;)

I'll get my coat  ;D
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 10, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from friskneymariner
Seems to be all one way traffic at the minute.

This comment confuses me.
People are moaning how poor we've been etc, so Hurst is making changes to the team, and now getting moaned at for letting people leave?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 10, 2022, 4:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

People are moaning how poor we've been etc, so Hurst is making changes to the team, and now getting moaned at for letting people leave?

Think he's moaning that there aren't any others coming in to replace them as yet. The only changes to date are people leaving.

I'm sure we have a plan, but it's not apparent just yet.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 10, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 9
The only 2 loan players I would have put up a fight to keep are Hunt and Towler. Harsh on Bell as he was a victim of circumstance and didn't get a fair chance but Revan and Bapaga wouldn't be a huge loss if they moved on.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 10, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 10
I hope that we have a very cunning plan.  
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 10, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

Think he's moaning that there aren't any others coming in to replace them as yet. The only changes to date are people leaving.

I'm sure we have a plan, but it's not apparent just yet.

By now he should have identified who he wants,and they should be training,cannot understand this wait and see attitude we have a game tomorrow night.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 10, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Bapaga was dropped right before our poor run of form. He looked excellent before it and his omission since has been completely bizarre.
Posted by: chaos33, January 10, 2022, 5:21pm; Reply: 13
This is concerning me now.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 10, 2022, 5:28pm; Reply: 14
He’s with the team. Chill out ffs
Posted by: chaos33, January 11, 2022, 12:32pm; Reply: 15
Not seen anything official from our end to say he’s gone/is going back….
Posted by: Maringer, January 11, 2022, 12:35pm; Reply: 16
During the Fishy outage, I ventured onto the Telewag site where Hurst mentioned that he's not available because he's ill. Hopefully not another dose of Covid.
Posted by: Poojah, January 11, 2022, 12:36pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Maringer
During the Fishy outage, I ventured onto the Telewag site where Hurst mentioned that he's not available because he's ill. Hopefully not another dose of Covid.

I’m his interview with RH Hurst said he had been testing negative.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 11, 2022, 12:55pm; Reply: 18
When we were winning games Bapaga contributed to this success by scoring and winning penalties. Then when we struggled he was excluded from the team.

We do not know what goes on behind the scenes but his exclusion is baffling too me, as a fan, and I suspect to other fans. I miss his direct runs towards the goal.
Posted by: Kris2, January 11, 2022, 1:14pm; Reply: 19
All a bit odd he wasn't playing much, don't know if he was ill again, injured or had other issues going on behind the scenes. Seemed like one of our best players for a while, went on a run of scoring and always had loads of space. Teams would try to tackle him and immediately give away a penalty or free kick then give up and give him space to run into, the craziest one being Dover who were so terrified to touch him again he walked through their players and scored.
Posted by: TAGG, January 11, 2022, 7:28pm; Reply: 20
Never thought anything of him really.
Good luck to the bloke.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 4:39pm