Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 8:33pm
Seemingly recorded in a wind tunnel, but raises some good points on bringing in players. Sounds like some will be going to make way for new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5tuRMsTag4&ab_channel=GrimsbyTownF.C.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2022, 8:40pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
Seemingly recorded in a wind tunnel, but raises some good points on bringing in players. Sounds like some will be going to make way for new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5tuRMsTag4&ab_channel=GrimsbyTownF.C.

I’ve just got this nagging feeling that Hunt isn’t what he’s looking for.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 8:46pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’ve just got this nagging feeling that Hunt isn’t what he’s looking for.

Yeah, I got that impression too.

As good as Hunt has been at times, I would rather we had our own players in the squad anyway. If we could unearth another Disley type, it would solve a lot of problems. He would have buried one of those headers today.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2022, 8:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, I got that impression too.

As good as Hunt has been at times, I would rather we had our own players in the squad anyway. If we could unearth another Disley type, it would solve a lot of problems. He would have buried one of those headers today.

I see someone has posted a Sheffield Star article on Facebook where it appears Darren Moore is suggesting that he’s staying.
Posted by: BenBB, January 3, 2022, 8:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings
Seemingly recorded in a wind tunnel

Much better audio from the Humberside mic - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bf4bx1
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 8:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I see someone has posted a Sheffield Star article on Facebook where it appears Darren Moore is suggesting that he’s staying.

If he is then fair enough, but I still feel we need another driving midfielder.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 3, 2022, 9:03pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

A designated driving midfielder?!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 3, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 7

Someone has to bring Sears to training every day.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 9:07pm; Reply: 8

Driving Craig Disley.

Would have made a better Hollywood film.
Posted by: lee65, January 3, 2022, 9:09pm; Reply: 9

Very good 👍  :)
Posted by: immariner, January 3, 2022, 9:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep, and Ryan Sears hopes they live somewhere near him.

Too soon?
Posted by: davmariner, January 3, 2022, 9:18pm; Reply: 11
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesdays-darren-moore-sends-message-to-grimsby-town-and-gloucester-city-over-duo-3513383
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 3, 2022, 9:21pm; Reply: 12
Save money scrapping the new badge and spend it on a wind muffler for the camera.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 9:25pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from immariner

Yep, and Ryan Sears hopes they live somewhere near him.

Too soon?

No, too late actually.
Posted by: acko338, January 4, 2022, 1:19pm; Reply: 14
Is there a new Cumming / Pouton / Cunnington  / Cockerill type player out there that we can find this window ?

Hunt will flourish with a strong physical midfield minder alongside him !

Will Towler return? Hope so as he showed promise !

Need more speed in the back four,  then pick any of the other three alongside him for experience to guide him........ and don't play the lad at left back.. terrible decision !
Posted by: Maringer, January 4, 2022, 2:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from acko338
Is there a new Cumming / Pouton / Cunnington  / Cockerill type player out there that we can find this window ?

A player that will be sent off every other game in the modern era? Twice a game with Cumming if what I've heard is true (before my time)!

Quite funny if you look back at footage from the 1980s and 1990s - half the tackles which wouldn't be a free-kick back then would be at least a booking these days. I remember the scything sliding tackles from Pouton/Cunnington/Cockerill very well but half of them wouldn't be allowed these days.

What we could do with is a player with some pace and imposing physicality in central midfield, but then that's what most teams want.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 4, 2022, 2:20pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer

A player that will be sent off every other game in the modern era? Twice a game with Cumming if what I've heard is true (before my time)!

Quite funny if you look back at footage from the 1980s and 1990s - half the tackles which wouldn't be a free-kick back then would be at least a booking these days. I remember the scything sliding tackles from Pouton/Cunnington/Cockerill very well but half of them wouldn't be allowed these days.

What we could do with is a player with some pace and imposing physicality in central midfield, but then that's what most teams want.

McAtee at Dagenham was Pouton-esque.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 4, 2022, 2:35pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Maringer

When men were men and full backs were quivering bags of jelly to be launched into the Barrett.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 4, 2022, 3:59pm; Reply: 18

When men were men and full backs were quivering bags of jelly to be launched into the Barrett.

I watched a clip of Wimbledon Vs ManU where Cantona scored a belter, Connie Jones would’ve been sent off twice nowadays and he only got a booking for a knee high challenge on Cantona who just walked away smiling.
Posted by: Mayaman, January 4, 2022, 4:04pm; Reply: 19
Maybe it was the wind but PH look teary eyed.  Or was it the lads' performance?
Posted by: Ashby mariner, January 4, 2022, 4:07pm; Reply: 20
Got the feeling we've seen the last of Bagapa. Shane has I thought he looked OK after a slow start.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 4, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

I watched a clip of Wimbledon Vs ManU where Cantona scored a belter, Connie Jones would’ve been sent off twice nowadays and he only got a booking for a knee high challenge on Cantona who just walked away smiling.

Connie Jones was hard but you should have seen Vinnie!
Posted by: Simon, January 4, 2022, 4:49pm; Reply: 22

Can't remember the year but i was at a Coventry City v Wimbledon game and Vinnie Jones battered David Speedy for 90 mins, the first tackle if it happened today on a football pitch would get you arrested not sent off  ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2022, 5:05pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Got the feeling we've seen the last of Bagapa. Shane has I thought he looked OK after a slow start.

Played for the reserves today. Was a bit hit and miss but scored a decent goal and didn't look like he wasn't trying or was unhappy. Same for Revan.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 4, 2022, 6:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry
Save money scrapping the new badge and spend it on a wind muffler for the camera.

The badge that cost nothing you mean?
Posted by: Caveman, January 4, 2022, 7:21pm; Reply: 25

I think it was Connie who made Vinnie hard !
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 12:52am