and sounds like it was well deserved

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1478047579510390786
Posted by: Poojah, January 3, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 1
“HALIFAX DENIED!!”

Too right, the chancy fúckers.
Posted by: carrot top, January 3, 2022, 5:34pm; Reply: 2
Clifton winning the ball back was crucial
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 6:05pm; Reply: 3
Looks like PH had been getting some stick from somewhere. Not often he shows a reaction like that.

Hope Max can stay fit. He makes things happen
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 3, 2022, 6:11pm; Reply: 4
Interesting that Max Wright just trudged away without celebrating. Don’t know what to make of that.
Posted by: TAGG, January 3, 2022, 6:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Heisenberg
Interesting that Max Wright just trudged away without celebrating. Don’t know what to make of that.

Maybe because the last time he celebrated a goal he got injured??
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 3, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Heisenberg

You strike me as the sort of person who would watch the Zapruder film, frame-by-frame, and moan about JFK’s side parting as his brain speckles the cowhide.
Posted by: Teesknees, January 3, 2022, 6:31pm; Reply: 7
That goal was better than sex, if I remember right! But sex never went into time added on for injuies and never ended in a draw! Although my wife often did take the lead and I did occasionally come from behind.
Sorry I realise that's a bit On The Buses, but I do suffer from Smut-itious.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 3, 2022, 6:32pm; Reply: 8

You strike me as the sort of person who would watch the Zapruder film, frame-by-frame, and moan about JFK’s side parting as his brain speckles the cowhide.

Well, he’s a town fan, the team were in desperate need of a result, and he provided the spark needed. I just think it’s weird how he almost looked disappointed! Surely even Max wouldn’t get injured by punching the air in elation?

I’m not trying to be negative.
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, January 3, 2022, 6:46pm; Reply: 9
At least now with maguire and mcatee we actually have two players who have a bit of finesse about them, could gain us a few points at this level
Posted by: supertown, January 3, 2022, 6:56pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Heisenberg

Looked like he was heading to the centre to get kicked off for the winner
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 6:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from supertown

Looked like he was heading to the centre to get kicked off for the winner

Pearson was trying to get the players back to the centre circle instead of celebrating. He wanted the second like Max.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 3, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 12
Dog with two dicks is how I felt……..
Bloody great feeling after my mum passed away recently…..
Posted by: bobbyturtle, January 3, 2022, 7:35pm; Reply: 13
Great goal, enjoyed that!
Posted by: aldi_01, January 3, 2022, 7:52pm; Reply: 14
Was mega to be on the end of a last minute goal in our favour…loved the fan celebrations, loved the players celebration and loved Hurstys celebration…
Posted by: Wiley2405, January 3, 2022, 8:01pm; Reply: 15
Hurst head definitely went a little bit then didn’t it? Dunno it he was getting some stick but he normally keeps a cool head, and any stick today would have been unjustified because I thought we were the better team for 80 minutes of the game against a team who have been playing and have been on a good run. Considering we’re on a bad run and haven’t been playing I felt that was a very acceptable performance and hurst got it pretty much spot on.
Posted by: MarinerRob, January 3, 2022, 8:21pm; Reply: 16
If I remember right at Woking it was Max's cross to Harry which led to the winning goal on that day.
Posted by: EY Mariner, January 3, 2022, 8:55pm; Reply: 17
Particularly delighted that it was Maguire-Drew who got the goal. Why on Earth some people around me wanted him to go off when Sousa was replaced, I'll never know. Signing him was a very shrewd piece of business.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2022, 9:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from EY Mariner
Particularly delighted that it was Maguire-Drew who got the goal. Why on Earth some people around me wanted him to go off when Sousa was replaced, I'll never know. Signing him was a very shrewd piece of business.

As good as Sousa was, it's about end product and Max provided that.

Sousa often doesn't look to have the strength to put in a decent cross or shot. If we can develop that more, he would be unstoppable.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 3, 2022, 9:06pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

As good as Sousa was, it's about end product and Max provided that.

Sousa often doesn't look to have the strength to put in a decent cross or shot. If we can develop that more, he would be unstoppable.

Sousa is absolutely brilliant at beating his man, he even goes back to beat him again sometimes but he needs to know when to release it.

But I suppose if he did that, he wouldn't count Tadcaster and Darlington as his former clubs.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 20
Greet bit if tenacity then a great delivery with the cross and a finish a striker would have been happy with.

I like Sousa on the right when Efete plays as they tend to link better than when he’s on the left with Crookes. All that said I’d rather have Sousa playing for us than against us.
Posted by: acko338, January 4, 2022, 1:26pm; Reply: 21
Max was too quick for the defence to pull shirts or block his progress, so it was a really clean breakaway and accurate cross begging to be converted.

That is the difference between Souza and Wright - Max knew a cross was the right move straight away - Souza often doesn't look for the best option ! If he did, then he would be a League player. Something to work on in training???
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 4, 2022, 8:24pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Dog with two dicks is how I felt……..
Bloody great feeling after my mum passed away recently…..

Completely understand, mate, same for me too, service tomorrow. Sorry for your loss
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 5, 2022, 9:53am; Reply: 23
Commiserations Beijing Mariner……
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:11pm