Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 2, 2022, 10:54pm
Early on in her tenure didn't Debbie Cook go over to Burnley for some reason? Was it to cement a 'friendship' between the two clubs after some successful loans between the two clubs?

Or was I dreaming it?
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, January 3, 2022, 12:31pm; Reply: 1
I think she went over to look at their youth set up?
Posted by: acko338, January 4, 2022, 1:29pm; Reply: 2
Burnley have very few 1st team changes so lower level players may look outside for loans to play more regularly.

The last 2 worked well, so why not try again?
Posted by: RichMariner, January 4, 2022, 2:58pm; Reply: 3
I think she went to learn about football infrastructure. She's a CEO and wanted to learn from a club that has consistently punched above its weight for a significant amount of time. Nothing more than that, I believe.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 4, 2022, 3:24pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RichMariner
I think she went to learn about football infrastructure. She's a CEO and wanted to learn from a club that has consistently punched above its weight for a significant amount of time. Nothing more than that, I believe.

Ah yes that rings a bell. I think at the time people thought it was for other reasons too,which is probably where I got the idea from
Posted by: Mallyner, January 5, 2022, 9:34am; Reply: 5
Quoted from acko338
Burnley have very few 1st team changes so lower level players may look outside for loans to play more regularly.

The last 2 worked well, so why not try again?

Having been egged on by the Ryan Loft puns, hopefully Burnley will Turf Moor our way.  ;)

Posted by: lukeo, January 5, 2022, 12:17pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mallyner

Having been egged on by the Ryan Loft puns, hopefully Burnley will Turf Moor our way.  ;)

I'm sure they'll claret up soon either way. UTM
Print page generated: May 30, 2024, 2:23pm