Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 31, 2021, 1:47pm
So anyone in the know got any news for us yet?
Posted by: ginnywings, December 31, 2021, 1:59pm; Reply: 1
Yes. Some new players will emerge at some point over the next month.

Don't know who or when mind.

Seriously though, Hurst usually keeps his cards close and I suspect we won't get any inkling until the deals are done.
Posted by: Simon, December 31, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 2
Be nice to see a few new faces to freshen things up a bit, just hope we can tempt Clive Mendonca out of retirement not seen a proper goal scorer of that caliber for a long time
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 3
Nothing until the end of January I imagine. We don't do big transfer fees so we'll just have to pick the bones on deadline day for who is desperate to move. Maybe we can try calling Omar for a fourth time to beg him to come.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 31, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 123614

Has Dembele been sold yet?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 31, 2021, 2:48pm; Reply: 5
Heard whispers about a Doncaster striker.
Posted by: buckstown, December 31, 2021, 2:51pm; Reply: 6
They’ve got one called Doodoo haven’t they? He should fit in well
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 31, 2021, 2:53pm; Reply: 7
Reeves from Altrincham
Posted by: ska face, December 31, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 123614

Until this morning the top 3 threads on here were about Chelsea, Donny and Bristol City. I imagine if there was even a sniff of anything happening it would’ve been dissected to death on here already.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 31, 2021, 3:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face

Until this morning the top 3 threads on here were about Chelsea, Donny and Bristol City. I imagine if there was even a sniff of anything happening it would’ve been dissected to death on here already.

I really hope we sign someone quickly so people can stop talking about the professionalism of Stockwood and Pettit.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 31, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 10
Whoever we get, I don’t want them because the fans at that club think he’s lazy with a bad attitude.
Just thought I’d get it in before someone does for anyone we sign.
Seriously, let’s just wait and see what happens and hope Hurst picks another gem or two.
UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 31, 2021, 4:06pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Whoever we get, I don’t want them because the fans at that club think he’s lazy with a bad attitude.
Just thought I’d get it in before someone does for anyone we sign.
Seriously, let’s just wait and see what happens and hope Hurst picks another gem or two.
UTM

Didn’t the Scunts say McAtee was lazy?
Posted by: rancido, December 31, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 12
Well one rumour I have heard is that next doors tom cat has fathered three more litters of kittens but apart from that it's been very quiet over here on Wybers !
Posted by: Quagmire, December 31, 2021, 6:36pm; Reply: 13
I’ve a feeling that January isn’t going to be the turning point our season needs unfortunately.

With Covid rife I can’t see clubs letting players go that easily, think we’ll see a lot of words like frustrated, thwarted etc from
Hurst before we’re told it will be easier to sign players once the window closes - but by then I think we’ll be well adrift.  

Hurst has signed 30 players in less than a year, and how many of those have been good enough??   With his strike rate we need to sign a dozen or more to add the 4+ players we need to go from mid table mediocrity to challengers.  

Happy New Year 😂
Posted by: Mayaman, January 1, 2022, 4:50am; Reply: 14
Football players in China have been banned from having tattoos.   Maybe there will be an exodus.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 1, 2022, 8:01am; Reply: 15
The only good news is that we are a year closer to having the debt to Fenty paid off
Posted by: aldi_01, January 1, 2022, 8:12am; Reply: 16
Quoted from rancido
Well one rumour I have heard is that next doors tom cat has fathered three more litters of kittens but apart from that it's been very quiet over here on Wybers !

Is next doors cat named Boris?
Posted by: golfer, January 2, 2022, 10:17am; Reply: 17
If you look at our present team there are few players who I would call absolute shite individually. - but the team collectively are shite - so what is needed to improve us ?  If we get a striker who feeds him - if we get wingers who do they feed - who feeds the wingers ?  One player isn't going to make a lot of difference.We need to alter our tactics so the new players can slot in. I can't suggest any players until Hurst decides what our tactics are but at the moment it appears to me that we don't have any
Posted by: Croxton, January 2, 2022, 10:58am; Reply: 18
Quoted from golfer
If you look at our present team there are few players who I would call absolute shite individually. - but the team collectively are shite - so what is needed to improve us ?  If we get a striker who feeds him - if we get wingers who do they feed - who feeds the wingers ?  One player isn't going to make a lot of difference.We need to alter our tactics so the new players can slot in. I can't suggest any players until Hurst decides what our tactics are but at the moment it appears to me that we don't have any

I feel your pain! The signing of Bell was a hint that Hurst may be moving away from his fixation with having a target man. Solihull schooled us in the art of crisp passing, pressing and movement. They rarely lumped the ball so kept possession. Their tactics were clear. Overload our fullbacks then whip in crosses to players arriving in support.

Hurst can point to injuries and suspensions which have unbalanced the team but it only highlights that we were overdependent on a few individuals. Our lack of creative depth in midfield has cost us dearly.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 2, 2022, 11:08am; Reply: 19

Let's not forget other clubs might come in for our players.

I would imagine McAtee's form has aroused some interest and Clifton is different class this season.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 2, 2022, 11:08am; Reply: 20
When we where doing well we where getting plenty of players and balls into the opposition penalty box since the slump we don't look that different in terms of threat than what we did under the previous managers, all be it at a lower level now.  Can we add enough to get to that level again?

A CB, CM and striker would be the objective, I doubt we'll have heard of them and I wouldn't expect them to start next season with us. The optimist in me thinks if we can strengthen in these position and stay lucky with injuries we would be play off contenders. The realist in me is hoping the Scunts get relegated so at least we get a local derby next season.
Posted by: mariner91, January 2, 2022, 11:32am; Reply: 21
We definitely need a centre back now Towler has gone, or to get him back and in form again. Any combination of the remaining three centre backs just doesn't work. Waterfall and Pearson are too similar and slow together. And I don't rate Longe-King much at all.

The midfield has been extremely underwhelming since the slump started. Coke is a yard short and slows our play down in nearly every game so far this season. Fox started well but has regressed badly, possibly due to not playing much in previous seasons? He looks leggy and not winning many second balls now. Hunt may not stay beyond January but his form has suffered recently also. When on song, he's fantastic at dictating play at this level but I fear he needs someone around him to get about the opposition and do the dirty work in order for him to do what he does best. He's also struggled from a lack of options and movement by the forward players since McAtee has been out. During our good start our movement off the ball was the best we've had in years but without McAtee it's almost non-existent and nearly as bad as we've ever had it.

Up front if McAtee, Taylor and Bell stay fit then they are all very good options (given the service) for this level. LJL can go in my opinion, he's offered virtually nothing and is miles off it.

The area that we have struggled badly recently is out wide. Clifton has done a very good job considering he's out of position but not having a left foot or the ability to dribble past an opponent does really limit our attacking options down that side. Sousa was electric to start with and we need to find a way of getting that form back. Bapaga flatters to deceive and Hurst obviously doesn't want to play him and I would expect him to go back to Coventry. Maguire-Drew hasn't been here long enough to comment really and who knows if Scannell or Grant will ever be properly fit. If we could get somebody to do on the left what Sousa does on the right then that would give us far more options going forward.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 3, 2022, 12:22pm; Reply: 22
Hearing you’re after our top scorer Luke Charman, unfortunately it looks like he wants to play league football and we’re wanting a 150k plus deal to let him go.
Posted by: denni266, January 3, 2022, 12:28pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Hearing you’re after our top scorer Luke Charman, unfortunately it looks like he wants to play league football and we’re wanting a 150k plus deal to let him go.

Thats us out the frame then.. Hurst wont spend money on decent goal scorers .. unless they can play in defence as well ;)
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 3, 2022, 12:37pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I think Bradford have been linked with him as well, haven't they?
Posted by: Poojah, January 3, 2022, 1:01pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Have been keeping an eye on this lad after seeing some footage of him a couple of months ago. Looks a real talent; exactly the type of signing we need to be making in my opinion.

Long shot by the sounds of it though.
Posted by: Phil the cod, January 3, 2022, 1:08pm; Reply: 26
How about this for a radical,new wave idea.,.,..................
Give the deadbeats we have signed a massive kick up the a.r.s.e.
Or shall we continue to sign more has beens,never-was,and poison dwarves?
Posted by: immariner, January 3, 2022, 1:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Poojah

Have been keeping an eye on this lad after seeing some footage of him a couple of months ago. Looks a real talent; exactly the type of signing we need to be making in my opinion.

Long shot by the sounds of it though.

Their manager reckons he's too good for us.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19818983.darlington-prepare-lose-charman/
Posted by: chaos33, January 3, 2022, 1:15pm; Reply: 28
What does that last remark mean?
Posted by: Hagrid, January 3, 2022, 1:16pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Phil the cod
How about this for a radical,new wave idea.,.,..................
Give the deadbeats we have signed a massive kick up the a.r.s.e.
Or shall we continue to sign more has beens,never-was,and poison dwarves?

Ffs
Posted by: oochiad, January 3, 2022, 2:01pm; Reply: 30
Phil the knob! …….
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 3, 2022, 2:10pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Son of Cod

I think Bradford have been linked with him as well, haven't they?

We’ve had Bradford, Rochdale, Peterborough and even bloody Fylde watching him recently.

He’s too good for our level. With full time football, he could be a very good league 2, even league 1 player.
Posted by: Jaws, January 3, 2022, 8:56pm; Reply: 32
Heard we might be in for Danny Elliott at Boston.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 3, 2022, 9:20pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Jaws
Heard we might be in for Danny Elliott at Boston.

Hurst and Doig were both at Boston yesterday. Elliott is decent at that level. A lot of his 16 goals this season have been penalties but I think he has a decent day job.

I wondered if they were looking at Keenan Ferguson who has really come on throughout this season as a RWB.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2022, 9:30pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We’ve had Bradford, Rochdale, Peterborough and even bloody Fylde watching him recently.

He’s too good for our level. With full time football, he could be a very good league 2, even league 1 player.

Wherever this kid goes I hope you get a good fee for him, I’m sure a decent payday won’t go amiss?
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 3, 2022, 10:10pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Wherever this kid goes I hope you get a good fee for him, I’m sure a decent payday won’t go amiss?

He deserves the chance at full time footy and league football, we gave him the chance after his release from Newcastle and he’s been unbelievable.

I’ll take a good up front fee and a few add ons.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2022, 10:12pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

He deserves the chance at full time footy and league football, we gave him the chance after his release from Newcastle and he’s been unbelievable.

I’ll take a good up front fee and a few add ons.

Danny Rose?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 3, 2022, 11:51pm; Reply: 37
I’d imagine that if there was interest in Charman we’d not make the same mistake as we did with Tishminga. £250k seems like a snip for him now doesn’t it so be interesting to see if we are actually prepared to put up some money.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 4, 2022, 6:43am; Reply: 38
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I’d imagine that if there was interest in Charman we’d not make the same mistake as we did with Tishminga. £250k seems like a snip for him now doesn’t it so be interesting to see if we are actually prepared to put up some money.

Chesterfield's risk in paying that money and salary looks to have been returned so far, especially now they have drawn Chelsea this weekend in the cup, jammy bar stewards.

There is no way we'd pay that kind of money for a player at the moment.  
Posted by: ska face, January 4, 2022, 6:50am; Reply: 39
Quoted from immariner

Think we heard the same stuff from Darlo about Sam Jones
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 4, 2022, 8:04am; Reply: 40

For every Tshimanga there's a player that commands a fee who struggles.
Posted by: Poojah, January 4, 2022, 8:30am; Reply: 41
Quoted from ska face

Think we heard the same stuff from Darlo about Sam Jones

*Gateshead.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 4, 2022, 8:45am; Reply: 42

I heard, from a pretty reliable source, that they didn’t pay anything like that fee. He told me that with add ons, they have paid £125000 so far. Good deal I would say, but still out of our range I think.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, January 4, 2022, 8:52am; Reply: 43

At a guess I’d imagine it was more to do with wages than the initial fee. Rumoured to be on 3k per week, which would not go down to well with the rest of the dressing room where the best players we have are probably on half that amount.
Posted by: ska face, January 4, 2022, 8:57am; Reply: 44
Quoted from Poojah

*Gateshead.

They’re all the same to me these Geordies.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 4, 2022, 9:32am; Reply: 45
See Wrexham linked with signing Ollie Palmer from Wimbledon be a good signing at this level and whilst not a great fan of getting in former players back he has the type of physical presence that would be of great benefit to our forward play. Still not likely to return here but if he did go to Wrexham that would give them a very decent, and expensive, front two.
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 4, 2022, 10:17am; Reply: 46

Tshimanga was already proven at this level though. Absolute top amount we should be dropping on a Conference North/South player is 100k, in my opinion.

Quoted from ska face
They’re all the same to me these Geordies.

Darlo, Gateshead and Newcastle really should have had a sit down at some point and talked about the fact that they all play in black and white.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2022, 12:19pm; Reply: 47
There is another way. Get in early and sign these players before they become hot property and move on for big money.

Be the Boreham Wood in this scenario and not the Chesterfield.

Fishmonger, or whatever he's called was at Boston Utd a couple of years back.
Posted by: acko338, January 4, 2022, 1:06pm; Reply: 48
Always liked Ollie Palmer as an all round striker.

Far better than LJ-L, but unlucky with how he left after a defensive error. Others have done far worse over the last few seasons..... as proper defenders !!

So... could Charman be persuaded to join into "the project"?
Posted by: AidansArmy99, January 4, 2022, 3:42pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from buckstown
They’ve got one called Doodoo haven’t they? He should fit in well

That did make me laugh tbf, but is that Dodoo?
Posted by: Numanoid, January 4, 2022, 6:36pm; Reply: 50
I reckon loft from scunthorpe is on our radar
Posted by: A.l.f., January 4, 2022, 6:41pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Numanoid

I don’t think so - think I heard he’s signed for Bristol Rovers

Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 4, 2022, 9:16pm; Reply: 52
He’s played about 20 games at first team level at the ripe old age of 24. Be surprised if anyone is punting 150k on him.

He might be a good signing though and not an unrealistic target.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 4, 2022, 10:27pm; Reply: 53
Loft is above our heads.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Loft is above our heads.

A completely different storey.
Posted by: lukeo, January 5, 2022, 7:25am; Reply: 55
Omar God, how have we not got any proper rumours going yet?
Posted by: chaos33, January 5, 2022, 7:27am; Reply: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A completely different storey.

He is a good atticing player though 😉
Posted by: sam gy, January 5, 2022, 8:08am; Reply: 57
What’s his conversion rate like?  ;)
Posted by: Croxton, January 5, 2022, 9:11am; Reply: 58
Ronnie Barker might say 'There's no roof in the trumour'
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 5, 2022, 9:30am; Reply: 59
I hope he’s been fully insulated !!
Posted by: dicko995, January 5, 2022, 10:50am; Reply: 60
Probably lagging in fitness
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 10:59am; Reply: 61
He wants to play higher up the ladder.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 11:00am; Reply: 62
I heard that they were thinking about playing him in defence. It would be quite a significant Loft conversion.
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 5, 2022, 11:16am; Reply: 63
I heard that they were thinking about playing him in defence. It would be quite a significant Loft conversion.

And so it begins..
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 5, 2022, 11:18am; Reply: 64
I hear Hurst is ceiling the deal right now
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 11:56am; Reply: 65
Quoted from Mikey_345

And so it begins..

I've had 2 red crosses for that piece of comedy gold!
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, January 5, 2022, 12:12pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Numanoid

Cant see it as he agreed  to sign for us, did not turn up to sign contract then turned up at Scunthorpe and signed for them instead.
Posted by: lukeo, January 5, 2022, 12:16pm; Reply: 67
This is what I miss 😂 comedy gold. 👏
Posted by: ska face, January 5, 2022, 12:18pm; Reply: 68
Don’t encourage them ffs
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 12:25pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Cant see it as he agreed  to sign for us, did not turn up to sign contract then turned up at Scunthorpe and signed for them instead.

I can't see it because yesterday it was reported (OK in the Telegraph...) at 2pmish that he had signed for Bristol Rovers and there was a picture of him in a Rovers shirt.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 12:28pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from ska face
Don’t encourage them ffs

You're right, we should stick to talking about the window.
Posted by: quebec38, January 5, 2022, 12:40pm; Reply: 71
I think we should sign Loft because he would be good for storing Christmas decorations and old copies of Guinness World Records and camping gear and stuff.

Did I do it right?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 5, 2022, 1:42pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

What about Greg Halford who refused to do Runaways super amazing run (a claim which Halford denies) and then scored against us?

The shudder that's sent down my spine as I recall how unfit we was despite everyone needing to do this amazing, testing run. I really hope someone demonstrates exactly what this run was one day because I'm so curious.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 5, 2022, 3:24pm; Reply: 73
just out of interest, i'm presuming that the sale of Loft (for a fee) is a massive loss on the field for our chums down the motorway?
Does the money or the departure of a player have any implications for their transfer ban?
Posted by: lukeo, January 5, 2022, 3:58pm; Reply: 74

You're right, we should stick to talking about the window.

I can see through that...
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 5, 2022, 4:09pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from lukeo
This is what I miss 😂 comedy gold. 👏

I don't miss it, quite frankly it's a pain in the behind!  I click on to this thread to see if there is any news about new signings, but have to wade through the rubbish that you guys think is funny.  Why can't you stick to the subject of the thread rather than mess it up with all your pathetic (so called) jokes.

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 4:11pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from 123614

I don't miss it, quite frankly it's a pain in the behind!  I click on to this thread to see if there is any news about new signings, but have to wade through the rubbish that you guys think is funny.  Why can't you stick to the subject of the thread rather than mess it up with all your pathetic (so called) jokes.

And Happy New Year to you. Have you got over the visit from the 3 ghosts a week or so ago?
Posted by: rancido, January 5, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from 123614

Oh dear, somebody else who has had a humour bypass and their chuckle glands removed.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 5, 2022, 4:20pm; Reply: 78
I like humour as much as the next guy but I have to side a little BAWB here… it is frustrating to see threads time and time again end up flooded by puns… the odd ones are funny, but they go on for pages and pages and makes it really difficult to wadw through to actually get to any relevant information.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 5, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I like humour as much as the next guy but I have to side a little BAWB here… it is frustrating to see threads time and time again end up flooded by puns… the odd ones are funny, but they go on for pages and pages and makes it really difficult to wadw through to actually get to any relevant information.

As opposed to the threads without puns that are absolutely chock full of relevant information?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 5, 2022, 5:29pm; Reply: 80
Those people who say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit are noticeable by their absence.
Posted by: StaffsMariner, January 5, 2022, 6:26pm; Reply: 81
Those people who use the full quote are even more noticeable by their absence.
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intellegence" Oscar Wilde

its like quoting Neil Armstrong as "Thats one small step for man"

Not quite the same if you miss half of it off is it.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 5, 2022, 7:24pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from 123614

If there is a genuine transfer rumour or impending signing, the news isn’t going to be buried on the tenth page of a pun filled thread is it?

There will be at least three new threads started. Each of which will include a comment from one of the crappy fappers moaning that the new signing isn’t good enough. They will inevitably quote one of their kindred crappy fappers on a rival teams’ forum suggesting they are lazy, one-footed or useless.

It is rare that there is a useful comment beyond the first couple of pages of a thread, as proved by my shïtpost here.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 5, 2022, 7:38pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from StaffsMariner
Those people who use the full quote are even more noticeable by their absence.
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intellegence" Oscar Wilde

its like quoting Neil Armstrong as "Thats one small step for man"

Not quite the same if you miss half of it off is it.

I didn't quote anybody.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 5, 2022, 7:46pm; Reply: 84
The response to a sarcastic comment can be “I vary my wit to suit my company”.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 5, 2022, 7:51pm; Reply: 85
I was just trying to make the thoughtful and considered point that puns are excrement.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 6, 2022, 11:19am; Reply: 86

If there is a genuine transfer rumour or impending signing, the news isn’t going to be buried on the tenth page of a pun filled thread is it?

There will be at least three new threads started. Each of which will include a comment from one of the crappy fappers moaning that the new signing isn’t good enough. They will inevitably quote one of their kindred crappy fappers on a rival teams’ forum suggesting they are lazy, one-footed or useless.

It is rare that there is a useful comment beyond the first couple of pages of a thread, as proved by my shïtpost here.

Just here?
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 6, 2022, 11:59am; Reply: 87
Harry  Cardwell looks like he’s going to chesterfield!
No doubt he will score against us …..
Posted by: golfer, January 6, 2022, 1:10pm; Reply: 88
Rumours around Fylde FC that Nick Haughton has been looked at by Town. Don't know much about him except left sided central midfielder who can score goals.  Fylde rate him pretty highly so I guess a fee would be involved if rumours are true.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:15pm