Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 24, 2021, 12:25am

Expecting a decent crowd seeing as we won't have played for a while assuming it goes ahead of course, who knows these days.

They are 2nd in the table so it should be a good game as we usually turn up at home even if it doesn't always go our way.

Could be just the game to restart our season, bring it on...... UTM.

Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, December 24, 2021, 6:58am; Reply: 1
I do admire your optimism and I hope you are right but I cannot see us playing until mid February at the minimum
Posted by: Davec, December 24, 2021, 7:15am; Reply: 2
I do admire your optimism and I hope you are right but I cannot see us playing until mid February at the minimum

With us having so many postive covid cases recently then you would think we would be quite immune to Covid for the time being, of course that does not stop Halifax having covid cases.

I don't think football will temporarily shut down and I don't think it will go behind closed doors either as it is now a fact that Omicron is much milder than Delta and with it spreading so quickly, 1 in 45 of us had covid last week apparently then you would think that it may be close to peaking, it will peak quite quickly I think
Posted by: golfer, December 24, 2021, 10:48am; Reply: 3
Footballers seem to have a higher covid rate than supporters - is it that they are tested more regular ? They could let the spectators in without the players.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 24, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 4
Quoted from golfer
Footballers seem to have a higher covid rate than supporters - is it that they are tested more regular ? They could let the spectators in without the players.

Aren’t clubs testing constantly? Although at our level I’d imagine it’s just LFTs and then the delay comes from waiting for PCR tests etc…

Whereas fans, it’s just those who want to test I guess…
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 24, 2021, 12:22pm; Reply: 5
Rightly or wrongly, I thought that this game was on TV?  As exiles, we agreed to this game a miss and go to other games.

If it was/is scheduled for TV, will a rearranged game also be on TV?
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 24, 2021, 12:35pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Rightly or wrongly, I thought that this game was on TV?  As exiles, we agreed to this game a miss and go to other games.

If it was/is scheduled for TV, will a rearranged game also be on TV?

It is scheduled to be live on BT Sport.
Posted by: meddaboy, December 24, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 7
as a outsider looking in   the sharks are gathering , they see the manager looking painfully admitting his squad is also painfully thin and firing blanks and he looks devoid of answers  , you a mariners are probably the best supporters in the division but must be very very worried  , i watched all the pre season,s and was,nt convinced that grimsby were top four material ,but could grow as the season progressed , at the moment the wheels have come the barrow , best of luck second half of the season you do not have your troubles to seek .
Posted by: Abdul19, December 24, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 8
Why "top four" out of interest?
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 24, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19
Why "top four" out of interest?

Wasn't even "top four" was it, "top five"  ;)

Obviously "top seven" now.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 24, 2021, 9:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Davec

With us having so many postive covid cases recently then you would think we would be quite immune to Covid for the time being, of course that does not stop Halifax having covid cases.

After the amount of defeats recently, you’d think we’d be immune to them too
Posted by: The Yard Dog, December 27, 2021, 4:38pm; Reply: 11
Is this game on? if so how do you purchase tickets if you live away? with no club website until January 1st, hope this website is worth the wait.
How many games are going to lose to Covid, most teams in our league are still available to fulfill their fixtures.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 27, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Is this game on? if so how do you purchase tickets if you live away? with no club website until January 1st, hope this website is worth the wait.
How many games are going to lose to Covid, most teams in our league are still available to fulfill their fixtures.

Er, there is a club website, unless you have been confused by the banner announcing the new one being on its way?!?!

Posted by: MarinerWY, December 27, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from The Yard Dog

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/
Posted by: Ashby mariner, December 28, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 14
Anyone know how many they've sold for Monday?
Posted by: TAGG, December 28, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 15
Says on FlashScore the game has been postponed?
Posted by: Hagrid, December 28, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from TAGG
Says on FlashScore the game has been postponed?

Its 100% on at this time
Posted by: TAGG, December 28, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Hagrid

Its 100% on at this time

Cheers mate
Wot times kick off?
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 29, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 18
Quoted from TAGG

Cheers mate
Wot times kick off?

Humberside Police just liaising with their West Yorkshire colleagues, they are thinking 1 o’clock should be fine.

That 1 am in case anybodys confused!!!
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2021, 12:09pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from TAGG

Cheers mate
Wot times kick off?

3 o clock mate. And live on BT
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from golfer

Good idea.
Posted by: AussieShaymen, December 29, 2021, 12:14pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Anyone know how many they've sold for Monday?

We’ve sold around 125 so far. We took 779 to chesterfield but half of them bought At chesterfield on day. The club have tweeted today to remind it’s all ticket and you have to
Purchase online, but we are quite primitive at the shay and people are traditionally used to pay on the gate.

Can’t see as many coming over, it’s on TV, and people are starting to go back to work. It could be similar to Chesterfield, but realistically think it will
Be around 500.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 29, 2021, 3:15pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Davec

I don't think football will temporarily shut down and I don't think it will go behind closed doors either as it is now a fact that Omicron is much milder than Delta and with it spreading so quickly, 1 in 45 of us had covid last week apparently then you would think that it may be close to peaking, it will peak quite quickly I think

I thought that you were a Boston fan Professor Van-Tam?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 30, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 23
Why does it say Sunday 2nd on the Fishy fixture list?
Posted by: golfer, December 31, 2021, 7:21am; Reply: 24
Very hard decision to make ( being season ticket holder ) but worried about Covid so might give it a miss and watch on B.T. but then again.............?
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 31, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 25
Quoted from golfer
Very hard decision to make ( being season ticket holder ) but worried about Covid so might give it a miss and watch on B.T. but then again.............?

Well a positive test has just made that decision for me. 😷.
I know two others that would have gone but can’t either.  
I think it will have quite an impact on the crowd unfortunately
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 1, 2022, 9:20am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Civvy at last

Well a positive test has just made that decision for me. 😷.
I know two others that would have gone but can’t either.  
I think it will have quite an impact on the crowd unfortunately

I've joined the Covid crew this morning 🤬.. absolutely devastated, was really looking forward to Monday, just me and the TV now!..😔
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:38am