Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, December 21, 2021, 10:50pm
Given that we will play no longer this year, it coincides with the return on Hurst on the 30th December last year. Covering this season and last seasons results the stats (inc cups) are :-

Played 47
Won    16     34%
Lost    22     47%
Drawn  9     19%

How you look at them is up to you but they do reflect the relegated team Hurst created and this years team, so far.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 21, 2021, 10:56pm; Reply: 1
Although that would equate to 55points over a season so at least would’ve stayed up.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 21, 2021, 10:57pm; Reply: 2
Although that would equate to 55points over a season so at least would’ve stayed up.
Posted by: ska face, December 21, 2021, 11:01pm; Reply: 3
Ah good, another thread on this.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 21, 2021, 11:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ska face
Ah good, another thread on this.

[img]https://c.tenor.com/qfIy_dl7ww0AAAAd/paul-hurst-grimsby.gif[/img]
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 21, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Based on our last 9 games we would have gone from play-off contenders to lower mid-table once we were safe.
Posted by: Poojah, December 21, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 6
At least on current form he’ll get another chance to keep us up in 2022.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 22, 2021, 4:16am; Reply: 7
Quoted from DB
Given that we will play no longer this year, it coincides with the return on Hurst on the 30th December last year. Covering this season and last seasons results the stats (inc cups) are :-

Played 47
Won    16     34%
Lost    22     47%
Drawn  9     19%

How you look at them is up to you but they do reflect the relegated team Hurst created and this years team, so far.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Ok, out of interest how about NOT including cups?  Especially if you included the fa trophy..  

Posted by: DB, December 22, 2021, 6:27am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Ok, out of interest how about NOT including cups?  Especially if you included the fa trophy..  

Excluding ALL cup ties:-

P    44

W  15           34%
D    9            20.5%
L    20          45.5%

This means his win % is the same.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 22, 2021, 10:03am; Reply: 9
Quoted from DB

Excluding ALL cup ties:-

P    44

W  15           34%
D    9            20.5%
L    20          45.5%

This means his win % is the same.

If we won 5 of our recent losses, he would be sat with a 45.5% win rate which is pretty decent and gives me faith that he will do alright once we get to the bottom of it.
Posted by: Davec, December 22, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 10
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If we won 5 of our recent losses, he would be sat with a 45.5% win rate which is pretty decent and gives me faith that he will do alright once we get to the bottom of it.

If Slade won 5 of his losses that would make his win rate 37% and if Holloway won 5 of his losses that would have his win rate at 42% even more impressive Bignot's win rate would have been over 50% if he won 5 more games
Posted by: pen penfras, December 22, 2021, 10:29am; Reply: 11
Quoted from jamesgtfc

And if my Aunty had bollox she'd be my uncle. That's not how it works, we have lost all of those games. Mostly against teams that aren't very good. It's not good enough.
Posted by: GibMariner, December 22, 2021, 11:47am; Reply: 12
Very poor record when you take into account the poor sides that we have lost to.

How much longer!! The silence coming from the club is deafening.
Posted by: chaos33, December 22, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 13
What are you expecting to hear from the club?
Posted by: ginnywings, December 22, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 14
Great!

Another Hurst out thread in all but name.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 22, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GibMariner
Very poor record when you take into account the poor sides that we have lost to.

How much longer!! The silence coming from the club is deafening.

Pettit was on RH Monday night and actually discussed the recent run of form, the current Covid situation, why Ryley Towler went back and how the club are getting on with identifying a new training ground. Hardly silence.

I know this time last year we were being spoilt with statement after statement and also had a car crash interview from the £3k chairman thrown in but everything coming out of the club was drivel.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 22, 2021, 2:14pm; Reply: 16
Is the Petit interview up online?
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 22, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Is the Petit interview up online?

Starts 37:30 minutes in.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b6zp1b
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 22, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings
Great!

You commented!
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 22, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pen penfras

And if my Aunty had bollox she'd be my uncle. That's not how it works, we have lost all of those games. Mostly against teams that aren't very good. It's not good enough.

Perhaps it always was your uncle. But they identified as your Aunty.!!

Not sure how that affects the argument though  :-/  ;)
Posted by: Zmariner, December 22, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 20
Decent, measured interview. I like the new owners, they don’t shout too much they just get on with it
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 22, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 21

I hadn't noticed that Halifax have snuck into second, one of the sides we haven't played yet, although of course we were scheduled to play twice in quick succession.

I've said before, oddly in such a tight league, if you are going to lose games, it's worse to lose to those at the bottom than those in the promotion chase.

Posted by: arryarryarry, December 22, 2021, 3:44pm; Reply: 22

I hadn't noticed that Halifax have snuck into second, one of the sides we haven't played yet, although of course we were scheduled to play twice in quick succession.

I've said before, oddly in such a tight league, if you are going to lose games, it's worse to lose to those at the bottom than those in the promotion chase.

Surely it's worse to lose to the top teams as they would pull away from us?
Posted by: ginnywings, December 22, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You commented!

I did, didn't I?

Well spotted.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 22, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from promotion plaice

Thanks 👍
Posted by: DB, December 22, 2021, 4:56pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings
Great!

Wrong.

I had read threads on Hurst out but with no substance apart from the current loss of form. The aim of the thread was to produce his results for the full year he has been our manager so that a factual debate could be offered. Personally, I don't want Hurst out at the minute but he needs to get results in the next 4 games, fine margins are a good excuse but 1 - 0 defeats (Notts Cty & Chesterfield ) are recorded as defeats.

Is a 34% win rate good enough? I don't know but the draws he had last season needed to be wins and some of this seasons defeats needed to be draws which would have changed the points no end.

So Ginny you are wrong, but I can't alter what others change the thread topic into.

Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 22, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

Surely it's worse to lose to the top teams as they would pull away from us?

Which is what I meant to say, but somehow didn't!

Posted by: ginnywings, December 22, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from DB

Wrong.

I had read threads on Hurst out but with no substance apart from the current loss of form. The aim of the thread was to produce his results for the full year he has been our manager so that a factual debate could be offered. Personally, I don't want Hurst out at the minute but he needs to get results in the next 4 games, fine margins are a good excuse but 1 - 0 defeats (Notts Cty & Chesterfield ) are recorded as defeats.

Is a 34% win rate good enough? I don't know but the draws he had last season needed to be wins and some of this seasons defeats needed to be draws which would have changed the points no end.

So Ginny you are wrong, but I can't alter what others change the thread topic into.

Chill out brother.

Highlighted is the relevant section of your post.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 22, 2021, 11:28pm; Reply: 28

Cheers sausage. I’ll have a butchers in the morning
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 23, 2021, 2:28am; Reply: 29

Which is what I meant to say, but somehow didn't!

No worries ;)
Posted by: Azimuth, December 23, 2021, 2:54pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Weird logic!
Going on that statement if we had won all of our recent losses we wouldnt be in freefall!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 23, 2021, 11:03pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Azimuth

Weird logic!
Going on that statement if we had won all of our recent losses we wouldnt be in freefall!

The point I was getting at is that a few wins changes the percentages completely. The 2 games I've seen in this current run are the home ones which we could easily have won or at the very least drawn. The current run is concerning, of course it is but I do think Hurst will end up with a much more respectable win percentage by May.

If that snapshot was taken 1 or 2 months ago it would have been much better. Marathon not a sprint.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 24, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from ginnywings
Great!

I see Luis Adlard has joined Jaz Goundry on loan at Bridlington Town.

They say things come in threes, any chance we can loan them Hurst next.

Joke, it's a joke   :)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 24, 2021, 1:57pm; Reply: 33

I see Luis Adlard has joined Jaz Goundry on loan at Bridlington Town.

They say things come in threes, any chance we can loan them Hurst next.

Joke, it's a joke   :)

Why’s it a joke ? Even before coming back to us his stock had seriously diminished and after the year he’s just had he’d be lucky to get the brid job.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 24, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The point I was getting at is that a few wins changes the percentages completely. The 2 games I've seen in this current run are the home ones which we could easily have won or at the very least drawn. The current run is concerning, of course it is but I do think Hurst will end up with a much more respectable win percentage by May.

If that snapshot was taken 1 or 2 months ago it would have been much better. Marathon not a sprint.

Of course a few wins changes the percentages as would a few more losses would make the percentages worse, I still don't get what you are trying to say.

If Neil Woods had had a few more wins we would have stayed up as we would if Hurst had managed a few more wins. The fact is they didn't, what has gone is gone you can't change that.
Posted by: chaos33, December 28, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 35
Outrageous comments, just as the remarks about Hurst being lucky to get the Bridlington job. What a load of old tripe.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 28, 2021, 8:06pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ska face

Pretty sure that’s actionable. Someone would be receiving a letter from a solicitor under the old regime. I hope the new directors are equally as petty.

So do I.
The revelations would be more interesting than most on here would think 🤔 I’ll bet these comments don’t get taken any further !!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 28, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 37
Still bitter Philip?

You told us Mr May only defrauded companies, so taking the moral high ground is laughable.

You had your go round and you failed.... repeatedly.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 28, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 38
Looks like it's 12 months to the day that Mr Noche joined the forum so congratulations on lasting this long.

Still rubbing people up the wrong way but you've logged in since people challenged your accusation earlier so I will ask you again; care to provide evidence of your accusation?
Posted by: LH, December 28, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 39
Unless you’ve got some evidence Filipe then you might want to delete that.
Posted by: fishyfanny, December 28, 2021, 8:48pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from LH
Unless you’ve got some evidence Filipe then you might want to delete that.

And issue an unreserved apology
Posted by: GrimRob, December 28, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 41
I have deleted it on his behalf (and all quoted replies)
Posted by: Ipswin, December 28, 2021, 9:13pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from GrimRob

Well that's copulated up every other twits chances of catching up on the news however petty, untrue and, more important, probably totally trivial

Frankly however I am more concerned about our out of control plunge down to mid-table obscurity and the disappearance of the play off contenders into the distance

10th place anyone?
Posted by: Simon, December 28, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 43
What have i missed
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 28, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Simon
What have i missed

Noche admitting to being cuckolded all Christmas.

Too many cucks spoiled the Noch.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 28, 2021, 10:41pm; Reply: 45

Noche admitting to being cuckolded all Christmas.

Too many cucks spoiled the Noch.

Must admit I had to google cuckolded, must have led a more sheltered life than I thought I had  :)

Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 28, 2021, 10:47pm; Reply: 46

Must admit I had to google cuckolded, must have led a more sheltered life than I thought I had  :)

Pull the other one  ;)
Posted by: DB, December 28, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 47

Me too ;) ;)

Posted by: It Bites, December 29, 2021, 9:00am; Reply: 48
Quoted from GrimRob

At least we know it's a he .........lol
Posted by: Mallyner, December 29, 2021, 11:19am; Reply: 49
Quoted from It Bites

At least we know it's a he .........lol

Are we still allowed to say 'He?'  ;)

Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 29, 2021, 11:53am; Reply: 50
Quoted from Mallyner

Are we still allowed to say 'He?'  ;)

Filipe Noche's pronoun is "Troll"
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Simon
What have i missed

Anyone going to give us a hint?
Posted by: Davec, December 29, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from RonMariner

Anyone going to give us a hint?

Without repeating it, FN made quite a serious accusation about Debbie Cook, an accusation which he provided no evidence to back up, an accusation which could have landed FN in hot water if Debbie Cook chose to take it further, in which she would have been entitled to do.
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2021, 12:36pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Davec

Without repeating it, FN made quite a serious accusation about Debbie Cook, an accusation which he provided no evidence to back up, an accusation which could have landed FN in hot water if Debbie Cook chose to take it further, in which she would have been entitled to do.

Good grief.  

Isn't it time to ban this troll? Freedom of speech is one thing, but potentially libellous comments can have serious consequences for this board.  
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 29, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 54
He should not be allowed to get away with what he said..

If I remember rightly when we joined the “new fishy” after it closed didn’t we have to say who we were before being allowed to post to stop this exact thing from happening?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 29, 2021, 2:31pm; Reply: 55
I presume I missed slanderous comments from the Noche (Confused)  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 29, 2021, 3:48pm; Reply: 56
You’d think that someone with Noche’s sharp legal mind would know that if his accusation was true, the supposed victim would have a good chance of success with an Employment Tribunal. And that if his friend was pursuing this route, spouting stuff on social media about it wasn’t helpful.

So I can only conclude that what he said was a complete load of WC filler
Posted by: rancido, December 29, 2021, 3:52pm; Reply: 57

Oh yes - bus shelters, bike shelters, train shelters!
Posted by: exiledmeggie, December 29, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 58
Darn. Has FN been banned?

Asking for a friend!
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2021, 4:26pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from exiledmeggie
Darn. Has FN been banned?

Asking for a friend!

He has indeed
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Hagrid

He has indeed

Well done.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 29, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Mikey_345
He should not be allowed to get away with what he said..

If I remember rightly when we joined the “new fishy” after it closed didn’t we have to say who we were before being allowed to post to stop this exact thing from happening?

I've been a member for ages but what information is required from new members? A simple name which could be made up and email I suspect. If accessed via VPN's it would take some expensive tracking down and I don't think Filipe Noche would enter a courtroom. In fact, I doubt the registered email has even been logged into since it was used to create the account.

It's a fine balance because us rule abiding members that are here for a debate don't necessarily wish to be widely known for a variety of reasons but this leaves the forum vulnerable to trolls who push the boundaries.

Lets be honest too, internet forums in the main have had their day so if proper KYC was implemented here, many would leave. I'm glad the troll has gone but I'm sure another Fenty sycophant will be here again before long.
Posted by: marinernige, December 29, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 62
Just a thought was FN a previous disgruntled employee ?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 29, 2021, 9:32pm; Reply: 63
That’s my bet nige
Posted by: GrimRob, December 29, 2021, 10:10pm; Reply: 64
The Fishy's not a golf club where members have to be introduced. New members register all the time (literally every week) and quite a lot of them have been bots and spammers over the years. They are much more common than disgruntled Grimbarians or even fans of other clubs. I am not going to say all the checks that are carried out to weed out the unwanted, but if a poster is flagged up as suspicious I usually look where in the world they are based and their recent posts.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 30, 2021, 12:27am; Reply: 65
Quoted from marinernige
Just a thought was FN a previous disgruntled employee ?

Filipe Noche. Philip Night.

Join the dots.
Posted by: Fette Schlange, December 30, 2021, 12:32am; Reply: 66
Quoted from ginnywings

Filipe Noche. Philip Night.

Join the dots.

Apologies for coming across as thick but who is that?
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 30, 2021, 12:43am; Reply: 67
Quoted from Fette Schlange

Apologies for coming across as thick but who is that?

Philip.......?

Former West Ham goalkeeper Mervyn......

Film starring David Essex, "That'll Be the"......

Doris..........

(Just to clarify though, I don't believe for one minute the Noche is/was him)
Posted by: golfer, December 30, 2021, 9:13am; Reply: 68
Who causes more trouble a Woke, a Troll or a Liar
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, December 30, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 69
Quoted from golfer
Who causes more trouble a Woke, a Troll or a Liar

What is "a Woke"?
Posted by: golfer, December 30, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 70
An angry person who tries to cause trouble under pretence that everything they say is right.
Posted by: Simon, December 30, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 71
Does anyone still know what was said?

If anyone grabbed a screen shot please send me a copy by private message so i can take a constructive view on things
Posted by: Hagrid, December 30, 2021, 10:24am; Reply: 72
Quoted from Simon
Does anyone still know what was said?

If anyone grabbed a screen shot please send me a copy by private message so i can take a constructive view on things

Yeah he accused Debbie Cook of Bullying staff
No screenshot but i saw the message.
Posted by: Simon, December 30, 2021, 10:30am; Reply: 73
Quoted from Hagrid

Cheers fella

Posted by: It Bites, December 30, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 74
Quoted from Hagrid

I think he spelt Bullying wrong though .........
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:33pm