Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 20, 2021, 4:07pm
Gone back to Bristol

Thought he looked a real talent but has suffered a loss of confidence and form like the rest

He can definately play higher and wish him the best
Posted by: male private Nale, December 20, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 1
Definitely
Posted by: chaos33, December 20, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 2
Really good player and will be a loss. Wonder if he said …’please can I come back’ ?
Posted by: MarinerRob, December 20, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 3
That's a great shame.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 20, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 4
interesting as on RH Hurst said Towler expressed an interest in extending, you'd assume that it's covid cover just in case.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 20, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 5
So thats the best defender gone :(
Posted by: forza ivano, December 20, 2021, 5:07pm; Reply: 6
Sorry to see him go.think hes destined for much better things
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, December 20, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 7
A future championship regular for sure, hopefully higher. All the best to him.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 20, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 8
I’d imagine he’s been recalled for covid cover, can’t blame them really. A steady player and will clearly have a good career…
Posted by: rancido, December 20, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33
Really good player and will be a loss. Wonder if he said …’please can I come back’ ?

...... or I wonder if his parent club thinks he has come on enough to figure in their plans? Or I wonder if his parent club need him for cover in case Covid affects their squad? Or I wonder if it is any one of many other reasons but you choose to use a "negative" one alluding to our club and situation.
IMO I think he is has a good future but his recent drop in form could suggest the pressure of playing and training in a more competitive environment is taking it's toll, mentally. The same could explain why Hunt has "gone off the boil".
Posted by: chaos33, December 20, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 10
Calm down. I didn’t just isolate the negative. All of those scenarios could be feasible. If you read my other posts you can see I’m not exactly in the negative/get rid camp.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 5:26pm; Reply: 11
The EFL have stated that the show must go on so teams will be making sure they have squads big enough to cope with infected players.

This raises the question about our January recruitment though. I suspect clubs will be less likely to let players go.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, December 20, 2021, 6:13pm; Reply: 12
Perhaps this is an ideal opportunity to recall Goundry and see what he can do?
Posted by: acko338, December 20, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 13
Full signings, not loans, seems likely now  with players cover being a big issue going forward.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 14
Another piece if circumstantial evidence that all is not well .
Posted by: forza ivano, December 20, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HerveJosse

absolutely no evidence for that assertion

More false news
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 20, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from HerveJosse

…in your head
Posted by: smokey111, December 20, 2021, 8:06pm; Reply: 17
I don't think GTFC will be fielding a team until the New Year. This should give the club the chance to dig into the coffers and pull in 3/4 permanent signings. I am led to believe that at least one other loan will be going back.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 20, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from HerveJosse

Absolute nonsense
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 20, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 19
If something was wrong they would have probably recalled Bell aswell. As they haven't it must be about then needing cover in the centre back position.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 8:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HerveJosse

Circumstantial evidence that just happened to be announced within 10 minutes of a statement from the EFL that they are keeping their leagues going.

A piece of circumstantial evidence that you're talking complete nonsense is that Bristol City have decided not to recall Bell too.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 20, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from HerveJosse

You do realise that not everything with the gate suffix is a scandal or conspiracy don’t you?!

Bristol City play at Ashton Gate, not ashtongate.
Posted by: mariner91, December 20, 2021, 9:03pm; Reply: 22
He was excellent when he first came in. Miles ahead of the rest of our defenders. Hopefully it's Covid cover and we might be able to get him back. Good luck to him if not, a great future ahead of him.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 23

…in your head

And those on the Bristol City board

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/profile/11565-red-robbo/
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 9:14pm; Reply: 24
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/215144-towler-recalled/&do=findComment&comment=4272020
Posted by: Hagrid, December 20, 2021, 9:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from HerveJosse

They know absolutely nothing

Stop turning everything into something to beat the club with.

Petitt was on RH earlier. He’s been recalled due to covid and a shortage of CB’s at Bristol.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from HerveJosse

For balance, a lot of posters discuss the rumour that a player is going back next month and one of their defenders is rumoured to be announcing their retirement.

Andrew Pettit went on RH tonight and said Bristol City spoke to Hurst this morning as they have injury issues. As we all know, this is always a risk with loans.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from jamesgtfc

For balance, a lot of posters discuss the rumour that a player is going back next month and one of their defenders is rumoured to be announcing their retirement.

Andrew Pettit went on RH tonight and said Bristol City spoke to Hurst this morning as they have injury issues. As we all know, this is always a risk with loans.

Of course. Nobody in Bristol appears to be aware of that . There problem is at left back and we know he can’t play there and they don’t seem to be aware they have a covid problem
Posted by: GollyGTFC, December 20, 2021, 9:35pm; Reply: 28
I would imagine PH is quite happy for Towler to be going back now. 1 less available player for the list. Makes it easier to postpone Boxing Day & 28th.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from HerveJosse

Of course. Nobody in Bristol appears to be aware of that . There problem is at left back and we know he can’t play there and they don’t seem to be aware they have a covid problem

Nathan Baker, who they discuss on their forum as about to retire, is a central defender. On the basis of one game, we've judged he can't play there but their manager told ours that he can and their fans have also seen him play there for them.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 9:54pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Nathan Baker, who they discuss on their forum as about to retire, is a central defender. On the basis of one game, we've judged he can't play there but their manager told ours that he can and their fans have also seen him play there for them.

Why don’t we just wait and see if he plays for them or gets to spend Xmas at home rather then up here and then goes out on loan again elsewhere in January.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 20, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from HerveJosse

Why don’t we just wait and see if he plays for them or gets to spend Xmas at home rather then up here and then goes out on loan again elsewhere in January.

And if he does that literally means nothing…
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from aldi_01

And if he does that literally means nothing…

Really!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 10:06pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from HerveJosse

Why are you always looking for reasons to put the team and board down?

He's gone back a couple of weeks early. If something kicked off behind the scenes that they knew about, why are they happy for Bell to continue in such a bad environment?
Posted by: Ashby mariner, December 20, 2021, 10:07pm; Reply: 34
Great player for us. Best of luck in the future.

That song people where singing about him at wealdstone still makes me laugh.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 10:11pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Why are you always looking for reasons to put the team and board down?

He's gone back a couple of weeks early. If something kicked off behind the scenes that they knew about, why are they happy for Bell to continue in such a bad environment?

Who said anything about something kicking of behind the scenes?
Posted by: Maringer, December 20, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 36
I'd imagine Towler might have done a decent job at left-back had the team been anywhere near the form of the start of the season. When nothing is working, it's difficult to fill in and put a decent performance in.

I suspect that's the last we'll see of him but he'll have a good Championship/League One career, even if it doesn't really get going for a year or two yet.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 10:24pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from HerveJosse

Who said anything about something kicking of behind the scenes?

Could you please expand on what you were implying with the below?

Quoted from HerveJosse
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 20, 2021, 10:35pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Could you please expand on what you were implying with the below?

Top of the league turns to losing eight out of nine.Team and defence performing like a excrement show . Player comes in looks quality and two months later his form has gone and he is struggling . Parent club recall him early.
Equals all is not well.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 20, 2021, 10:54pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from HerveJosse

Top of the league turns to losing eight out of nine.Team and defence performing like a excrement show . Player comes in looks quality and two months later his form has gone and he is struggling . Parent club recall him early.
Equals all is not well.

Club sends promising young player out on loan for 3 months. Player performs well, has a dip in form, gets dropped. It's character building in a first team environment and young players need to go through the good, the bad and the ugly. Full back likely to go back to his parent club next month and the young player out on loan has played there in the Championship before. Centre back injured and unable to recover so expected to retire. Covid ripping through teams including the one he's on loan at meaning they aren't likely to play again this year (although Pettit remains hopeful Halifax will go ahead). As a result, teams require more players available to deal with likely outbreaks and as they own the young player, decide they actually have a requirement for him in and around their team now that they didn't have in September.

Yes we've lost 8 in 9 and yes that's a problem that needs addressing but Bristol City recalling Towler doesn't necessarily mean "all is not well."

Pettit answered on the spot confidently enough earlier tonight why he's gone back and I'm inclined to believe him.
Posted by: Stew0_0, December 21, 2021, 8:26am; Reply: 40
I would imagine Bristol need him for cover during the xmas period and maybe another loan out in January to a team in league 1.
Will be missed as when he came in at torquay away was integral part of the team that went on our superb run.
Posted by: rancido, December 21, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from HerveJosse

Equals all is not well.

Also equals the pressure of playing physical regular competitive football could be too much for his inexperience.
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 21, 2021, 3:17pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from HerveJosse

We could just wait.  Or....

Quoted from HerveJosse

Posted by: oochiad, December 21, 2021, 4:00pm; Reply: 43
HerbyJesse your what ever your name is, you are just a excrement stirring bottom…….
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, December 21, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 44
The Robins have recalled the Bristol-born defender from his loan spell at Blundell Park early and is available for selection for the Boxing Day trip to Luton Town.

The 19-year-old, who made 14 appearances for the Mariners in all competitions, could come straight into contention on the left of Nigel Pearson's back three.

Towler impressed during his spell at Grimsby and was due to stay at Blundell Park until next month, but City wanted him back early amid Nathan Baker's concussion problems and concerns over Rob Atkinson's form.

There you go.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 21, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 45
The Robins have recalled the Bristol-born defender from his loan spell at Blundell Park early and is available for selection for the Boxing Day trip to Luton Town.

The 19-year-old, who made 14 appearances for the Mariners in all competitions, could come straight into contention on the left of Nigel Pearson's back three.

Towler impressed during his spell at Grimsby and was due to stay at Blundell Park until next month, but City wanted him back early amid Nathan Baker's concussion problems and concerns over Rob Atkinson's form.

There you go.

Utter bollox wbj .we all know that it's due to hurst losing the dressing room, the impact from sears getting caught d.d. with 18 town.players in his car and then doig abusing the playing staff to such a degree that they all want to leave. Plus the players being demotivated having come to realise they are less important than scotch eggs and mango cider.bring back fenty is what I say🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, December 21, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 46
Forgot to mention that that is not my opinion. It was copy and pasted from a Bristol City website
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 2, 2022, 12:17pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from HerveJosse

Here's a piece of circumstantial evidence that you were talking complete nonsense:

[url]https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1477610632069345288?t=tQJEfgi4PmcUcNYjpJ5I2w&s=19[/url]
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 2, 2022, 12:27pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Here's a piece of circumstantial evidence that you were talking complete nonsense:

[url]https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1477610632069345288?t=tQJEfgi4PmcUcNYjpJ5I2w&s=19[/url]

Yes I was wrong on this one .
Posted by: tashee69, January 2, 2022, 1:36pm; Reply: 49
Booked and gives away a penalty
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 2, 2022, 1:37pm; Reply: 50
28 minutes in, Towler gives away pen and gets booked for his troubles.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 2, 2022, 1:39pm; Reply: 51
It's tough at the top.
Posted by: mariner91, January 2, 2022, 2:25pm; Reply: 52
Lost his man for the first goal, booked and conceded the penalty for the next and hauled off at half time. Hopefully helps us get him back.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 2, 2022, 2:41pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from mariner91
Lost his man for the first goal, booked and conceded the penalty for the next and hauled off at half time. Hopefully helps us get him back.

Time to put a cheeky bid in I think.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 2, 2022, 2:48pm; Reply: 54
Swap for Scannell?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 2, 2022, 3:04pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from mariner91

That’s a shame for the lad but you have to say it’s a big jump from the NL to the championship even when you have something in terms of talent.
Posted by: rancido, January 2, 2022, 4:34pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from HerveJosse

It's not often you are right and you were wrong again.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 2, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from HerveJosse

So why post shiite in the first place?
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 2, 2022, 10:32pm; Reply: 58
Just watched his defending, probably stayed too long with us.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 2, 2022, 10:43pm; Reply: 59
Apparently Nigel Pearson was later questioning Towler's selection.

So that's his one appearance for BCFC. Now he has played for 2 team in a season does that mean he can't be loaned to anyone else but can come back here?
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:41pm