Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 18, 2021, 5:38pm
Going to be interesting. McAtee and The Shop banned and Taylor possibly one with Covid. God knows who's going to play upfront.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the game called off again.
Posted by: buckstown, December 18, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 1
So who was missing today because of covid and who was rested? My assumption is that most were covid otherwise he would have had another defender on the bench
If they were missing with covid today they'll be out Tuesday
Posted by: Sigone, December 18, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 2
Doubt we will play again this year 😒
Posted by: petethemariner, December 18, 2021, 6:02pm; Reply: 3
I do not see any point in continuing fixtures if only 25% are actually being played, may as well put a temporary stop now and hope the covid situation eases in the new year, everything is a bit of a shambles at the moment and the season can always be extended into June if necessary.
I don't think any of us could face games p!ayed behind closed doors again, on the other hand it could be a blessing on disguise the way we are playing at the momrnt.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 18, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 4
Hope we can avoid defeat till feb with cancellations etc
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 18, 2021, 6:29pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from petethemariner
I do not see any point in continuing fixtures if only 25% are actually being played, may as well put a temporary stop now and hope the covid situation eases in the new year, everything is a bit of a shambles at the moment and the season can always be extended into June if necessary.
I don't think any of us could face games p!ayed behind closed doors again, on the other hand it could be a blessing on disguise the way we are playing at the momrnt.

And therein lies the problem. When we were in ‘the league’ the games could be seen online etc. am not sure what would happen with regards to games now we have dropped down.

Then there is the issue of paying back season ticket holders that wouldn’t be able to view the games. We also have the real worry of laying off staff etc as I can’t see there being furlough in place this time. Christmas is a big enough worry without having the possibility of losing your job, especially with the Bank of England having increased interest rates. Sh1t is about to get very very real
Posted by: supertown, December 18, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from buckstown
So who was missing today because of covid and who was rested? My assumption is that most were covid otherwise he would have had another defender on the bench

Don’t think anyone was rested, we only had 4 subs
Posted by: TAGG, December 18, 2021, 6:57pm; Reply: 7
My money would be on all football finishing for a month.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 18, 2021, 7:08pm; Reply: 8
Taylor was always going to rested for this one so no particular reason to think he won’t be available on Tuesday.More likely is no one will be playing on Tuesday.
Posted by: sydney, December 18, 2021, 7:13pm; Reply: 9
On this form wouldn’t it be better if games where postponed?
Posted by: dicko995, December 18, 2021, 7:26pm; Reply: 10
If games are suspended, will give us plenty of time to find a decent manager
Posted by: sam gy, December 18, 2021, 7:37pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from buckstown

Rested?? We literally had two unfit players, a YT and a keeper on the bench when Stockport named 7..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 18, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HerveJosse
Taylor was always going to rested for this one so no particular reason to think he won’t be available on Tuesday.More likely is no one will be playing on Tuesday.

Surely you name him as a fifth substitute if he's not injured or got Covid again?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 19, 2021, 3:40am; Reply: 13
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Surely you name him as a fifth substitute if he's not injured or got Covid again?

Maybe he didn’t travel as the decision had already been made to give him the game off to rest up.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:20pm