Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 18, 2021, 4:28pm
I feel this needs saying

I feel their discipline and pride and fight has been found sadly lacking in this run. And yes Hurst is rightly culpable, but this lot equally so. Very very dissapointed in the lot of them
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 18, 2021, 4:32pm; Reply: 1
These players seen to have lost their mojo, wether something's gone on behind the scenes I'm not sure but from playing with freedom and class to an absolute shitshow (yes that's twice I've said that).
I'm on Humberside after 5 and I ain't holding back!
Posted by: chicaneuk, December 18, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 2
Why do we regularly seem to suffer from total morale collapses in this club.. regardless of managers, squad and now seemingly owners?!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 18, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
I feel this needs saying

I feel their discipline and pride and fight has been found sadly lacking in this run. And yes Hurst is rightly culpable, but this lot equally so. Very very dissapointed in the lot of them

Agree, don’t think it’s anything specific “behind the scenes” like people love to theorise but I think the make up and mix of the group has been exposed for their lack of being able to hack the physical demands and a lack of resilience.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 18, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 4
The problem is as soon as we lost a game he tinkered with players/formations every week, Towler has one dodgy game and hes dropped, Bapaga/Sousa for a week dont produce so dropped, Hunt the same, players in and out, back 4/5 hardly ever the same for last 5 weeks, they will never get into any rythem or consistency. Most of the players are the same, its the way they are used is the problem.
Posted by: oochiad, December 18, 2021, 10:41pm; Reply: 5
Probably because they read all the ridiculous crap about them on here……..
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 19, 2021, 3:43am; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree, don’t think it’s anything specific “behind the scenes” like people love to theorise but I think the make up and mix of the group has been exposed for their lack of being able to hack the physical demands and a lack of resilience.

Interestingly, traits that historically, are not lacking in a Paul Hurst squad. It has been said many times that his strength was/isputting together a group of players who were very fit, had the right attitude and would run through walls!
Posted by: OneLove, December 19, 2021, 6:28am; Reply: 7
the 'GREAT TOGETHER' slogan has quickly disappeared with these lot, its head baffling how a team can go from scoring from any position on the pitch and good flowing football to shiite. My theory is they've burnt out on and off the pitch, lost their bolllocks big time detaching themselves from the club. When we was doing well the players was constantly on social media buzzing and praising the fans (which I found a tad fake at times) now there is nothing, not one player apologising for the demise, the lack of performance. Ive always thought the constant in and out of managers season after season was a bad thing and I've believed that hurst should be given time to build but now I'm 50/50 he seems shot and defeated, excuse after excuse and again no apologies. Serious situation this is and the club should take a good look at whats more worth it keeping the fans on board or keeping not arssed squad together!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 19, 2021, 7:37am; Reply: 8
The problem with the players is their a average bunch for level five other than one player that is. Now it’s possible to have a solid season at this level with average players if the manager can squeeze a bit more out of them , hurst clearly can’t …
Posted by: Mariner John, December 19, 2021, 7:52am; Reply: 9
When we was doing well the players was constantly on social media buzzing and praising the fans (which I found a tad fake at times) now there is nothing, not one player apologising for the demise, the lack of performance.

Had a look on Instagram this morning, you sir are 100% correct. All more or less vanished with zilch football related
Posted by: Davec, December 19, 2021, 8:04am; Reply: 10
Quoted from oochiad
Probably because they read all the ridiculous crap about them on here……..

Err no the fans are not responsible for the disgraceful performances and results...

Wondered how long it would be before somebody blamed the fans
Posted by: pen penfras, December 19, 2021, 9:36am; Reply: 11
Quoted from OneLove
the 'GREAT TOGETHER' slogan has quickly disappeared with these lot, its head baffling how a team can go from scoring from any position on the pitch and good flowing football to shiite. My theory is they've burnt out on and off the pitch, lost their bolllocks big time detaching themselves from the club. When we was doing well the players was constantly on social media buzzing and praising the fans (which I found a tad fake at times) now there is nothing, not one player apologising for the demise, the lack of performance. Ive always thought the constant in and out of managers season after season was a bad thing and I've believed that hurst should be given time to build but now I'm 50/50 he seems shot and defeated, excuse after excuse and again no apologies. Serious situation this is and the club should take a good look at whats more worth it keeping the fans on board or keeping not arssed squad together!

Of course it's fake and of course they're not posting now. Imagine the abuse they'd get if they did. The vast majority won't be accepting of an apology, they'll say it's not good enough and start with the abuse. Best to stay quiet when things aren't going well.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 19, 2021, 9:35pm; Reply: 12
Have to laugh at these endless new threads. It's obvious injuries and a suspension of a key player affected results which in turn affected confidence. Sometimes hard to turn around if you can't put close to or your best eleven out. Funny how the sage self-appointed level headed fans who at the start of the season would have been happy for us to squeeze into the play offs are now getting their knickers in a twist because we're in 8th. Man up, support the players, support the manager until we can get something like our best team out onto the pitch, scrap to a much needed win and the confidence will return. We're going through a tough spell. No need for the fans to make it even harder..

Fook me.. I haven't even seen Town win yet this season. I've been to a fair few, and I'm still much calmer than you lot..
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 19, 2021, 10:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Bigdog
Have to laugh at these endless new threads. It's obvious injuries and a suspension of a key player affected results which in turn affected confidence. Sometimes hard to turn around if you can't put close to or your best eleven out. Funny how the sage self-appointed level headed fans who at the start of the season would have been happy for us to squeeze into the play offs are now getting their knickers in a twist because we're in 8th. Man up, support the players, support the manager until we can get something like our best team out onto the pitch, scrap to a much needed win and the confidence will return. We're going through a tough spell. No need for the fans to make it even harder..

Fook me.. I haven't even seen Town win yet this season. I've been to a fair few, and I'm still much calmer than you lot..

That’s probably why you’re calm. Expectations went through the roof after the start.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:57am