Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Oly1987, December 18, 2021, 4:41am
https://youtu.be/WDUBl4aZH8s

HITC Sevens did a list of the top earners and to no-ones surprise Wrexham occupy 4 of the 7 spaces. No Town players on there but with the talk of transfer fees and the wages shown on there its safe to say that a lot of money is getting thrown around this season.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 18, 2021, 7:47am; Reply: 1
Shame it’s just players. There’s an ex club guardian syphoning off nearly £20k per week or £1m a season at one club allegedly
Posted by: GibMariner, December 18, 2021, 8:13am; Reply: 2
Our owners are rich enough to compete if they really want to.
Posted by: pen penfras, December 18, 2021, 8:17am; Reply: 3
Quoted from GibMariner

Depends how much you think people should put of their own money in to the club. They'd be putting a very large amount of their personal wealth in to compete with those sort of numbers and then if they left it'd be a disaster.

Reports are that Stockwood has nowhere near as much money as you'd think from looking at his CV. I expected him to be £100 million +, but google says nowhere near.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 18, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 4
Quoted from pen penfras

Depends how much you think people should put of their own money in to the club. They'd be putting a very large amount of their personal wealth in to compete with those sort of numbers and then if they left it'd be a disaster.

Reports are that Stockwood has nowhere near as much money as you'd think from looking at his CV. I expected him to be £100 million +, but google says nowhere near.

I remember when Mike Ashley was giving an interview and he was asked about putting cash in to the club and he said that in order to get his hands on the amount they’d probably need he’d need to shift plenty of assets, my understanding is that it’s similar to stockwood.

There’s cash flying around but as a fan of those clubs you’d be concerned about what the club can look like when those owners leave, especially Wrexham, a club that not long ago were struggling financially through previous financial mismanagement…
Posted by: aldi_01, December 18, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 5
Quoted from pen penfras

I remember when Mike Ashley was giving an interview and he was asked about putting cash in to the club and he said that in order to get his hands on the amount they’d probably need he’d need to shift plenty of assets, my understanding is that it’s similar to stockwood.

There’s cash flying around but as a fan of those clubs you’d be concerned about what the club can look like when those owners leave, especially Wrexham, a club that not long ago were struggling financially through previous financial mismanagement…
Posted by: GibMariner, December 18, 2021, 8:57am; Reply: 6
We know they keep talking about sustainability which is what the last owner achieved.

Not sure what these guys have spent on none essentials and getting rid of staff etc but I bet it’s a pretty penny.

Add to that parachute payments and the money ‘allegedly’ reported in the bank when they took over, did they not have a chance to give it a real go notwithstanding committing to payback long term debt personally which doesn’t saddle the future relating to risks you raise.  

I’m in hope of a good Jan window to at least shuffle the pack and prepare for a good finish and prep into next season.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 18, 2021, 9:30am; Reply: 7
Quoted from GibMariner
We know they keep talking about sustainability which is what the last owner achieved.

Not sure what these guys have spent on none essentials and getting rid of staff etc but I bet it’s a pretty penny.

Add to that parachute payments and the money ‘allegedly’ reported in the bank when they took over, did they not have a chance to give it a real go notwithstanding committing to payback long term debt personally which doesn’t saddle the future relating to risks you raise.  

I’m in hope of a good Jan window to at least shuffle the pack and prepare for a good finish and prep into next season.

They had to pay £2.5m for an alleged £800k bank balance.

I don't recall hearing about any redundancies, it appears that people like Fleming, Dale and Ladson were managed out of the business and resigned of their own accord.

Unwanted players were cast to one side which suggests we waited for them to accept less and the only one on the payroll is Rose.
Posted by: ska face, December 18, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 8
Quoted from GibMariner

How do you know?

Nearly a year down the line since the takeover first kicked off and yet to see anyone put a figure on Stockwood & Pettit’s wealth. Apart from the Fenty fluffers constantly insinuating they know something we don’t.
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 18, 2021, 9:39am; Reply: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't recall hearing about any redundancies, it appears that people like Fleming, Dale and Ladson were managed out of the business and resigned of their own accord.

Unwanted players were cast to one side which suggests we waited for them to accept less and the only one on the payroll is Rose.

They paid £950k to acquire a club with £800K in the bank and a debt  of £1.5 m to the former owner. That is a very different thing. The £1.5 m debt will be repaid from ongoing revenue including transfer income not necessary the new owners. With Dembele now set to leave in the January transfer window  there net cost to buy the club could well be £150k .
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 18, 2021, 11:21am; Reply: 10
Oh sweet Jesus and the wee donkey. Is it really time for the dembele sh1te to resurface again
Posted by: RonMariner, December 18, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Well if we really did have £800k in the bank it makes you wonder why on Earth we didn’t spend some of it to help keep us in the league.

Talk about false economies.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 18, 2021, 12:37pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from RonMariner

Well if we really did have £800k in the bank it makes you wonder why on Earth we didn’t spend some of it to help keep us in the league.

Have you forgotten about  Payne, eastwood, menayese, coke, John Lewis, habergham etc?

Posted by: arryarryarry, December 18, 2021, 12:46pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Have you forgotten about  Payne, eastwood, menayese, coke, John Lewis, habergham etc?

He said "help keep us in the League" not take us down.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 18, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RonMariner

You'll have to ask John that, it was his club then.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:44am