Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 12, 2021, 11:34am
9 losses in 10 or win the game?

Noone likes the trophy but 9 in 10 is just unacceptable
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 12, 2021, 11:48am; Reply: 1
The Trophy has gone from being a game we don't really care about to one I think we need to try and win, just to stop this run.

Given that games are coming thick and fast over Christmas does he rotate the team and give people a chance to impress or play his strongest team given we've got 4 games in 10 days? It's not like we are playing a poor team 3 days later either...
Posted by: Sigone, December 12, 2021, 12:20pm; Reply: 2
It's a very important game in that its one game closer to McAtee coming back.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 12, 2021, 12:34pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Sigone

It's a shame there aren't replays in the FA Trophy this year because it would have been instead of the Boreham Wood game.
Posted by: AlwaysHaddock1878, December 12, 2021, 1:02pm; Reply: 4
Send Woods and the kids. Sooner we are out of it the better. Would probably lose anyway even if we sent a full strength team.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 12, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 5
Should just treat it as a reserve match and let players like Grant and Scannell get some minutes into them.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 12, 2021, 2:14pm; Reply: 6
Scannell, Bapaga, Hunt, Reevan, Towler, Grant (if available), Sears, Bell and JMD all start this game if you ask me.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, December 12, 2021, 3:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Sigone

Is McAtee's suspension for 3 games - I thought it was just the one?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 12, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 8
3 games for a straight red I’m afraid.
Posted by: thevera, December 12, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 9
If we lose against Stockport then as it stands at the moment we will have no game between the 2nd January and 22 January.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 12, 2021, 4:06pm; Reply: 10
20 days unbeaten. Best run in a long time
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 12, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
3 games for a straight red I’m afraid.

Not necessarily, it depends on the offence the straight red was for but, yes, for McAtee's offence it is a 3 game ban.
Posted by: denni266, December 12, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 12
Need to play our strongest in this game  to keep some sort of momentum going
Posted by: Mayaman, December 13, 2021, 12:25am; Reply: 13
Play the full team and as losing isn't important go on all out attack and enjoy it.   Play without fear and inhibition.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 13, 2021, 1:25am; Reply: 14
Normally I'm in  the "it's a chance to get to Wembley" crowd but feck it. Play Grant, Scannell, Sears etc and blood some youngsters
Posted by: golfer, December 13, 2021, 8:28am; Reply: 15
Play a first team with more emphasis on attack and use it as a practice game to see if we can play a different way other than serving up the negative shite we are doing at the moment
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 13, 2021, 8:58am; Reply: 16
Play the stiffs, win or lose I don't care in this competition. But a 2nd round game would be useful to play this stiffs again and get another suspended game out of the way for Mcatee and keep us ticking over otherwise it's a couple of weeks without a game. I'd rather win this one, then go out second round. I've no interest in winning this competition.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 13, 2021, 2:31pm; Reply: 17
I had looked at trains for Stockport as a quick cheap trip when the draw was done but won't bother going now after that abject display of playing not to lose on Saturday.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 13, 2021, 3:33pm; Reply: 18
If I was going to this I'd have seen us play Stockport in divisions 2,3,4 and 5, FA Cup, Football League Trophy and FA Trophy. Maybe we played them in the League cup or Watney Cup or Anglo Italian Cup too back in the day? Something to tell the grandkids about anyway.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, December 14, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19
If I was going to this I'd have seen us play Stockport in divisions 2,3,4 and 5, FA Cup, Football League Trophy and FA Trophy. Maybe we played them in the League cup or Watney Cup or Anglo Italian Cup too back in the day? Something to tell the grandkids about anyway.

'oh bloody hell, granddad's going to tell us that story about seeing Town v Stockport in every competition possible. AGAIN. Pass my headphones......'
Posted by: RonMariner, December 14, 2021, 10:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mayaman
Play the full team and as losing isn't important go on all out attack and enjoy it.   Play without fear and inhibition.

I agree. Need a win to change momentum and maybe get some confidence back.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 14, 2021, 10:38pm; Reply: 21
Play six at the back as five wasn’t enough 😉
Posted by: dicko995, December 15, 2021, 6:07pm; Reply: 22
20 days off in January isnt that bad, will give us time to get a new manager in.... its a joke, but cross away, it was meant for joviality, but since when have you seen that on here !!!
Posted by: Son of Cod, December 15, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 23
Maidenhead have withdrawn from the competition...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59674536
Posted by: Croxton, December 17, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 24
Stockport ticket office have confirmed that away fans can pay on the day.

I enquired a few minutes ago as it's only 45 minutes drive for me. Plenty of room for social distancing and a dry forecast ......... for rain and beer!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 17, 2021, 3:54pm; Reply: 25
I wonder if we would have withdrawn if McAtee wasn't banned? Either way, if our squad is decimated with Covid and we don't pull out, that means we either:

Go through because Stockport are in a similar position but forfeit the tie.
Play our strongest possible team which happens to have an average age of 12 but at least McAtee only has one more game to miss.

Our matchday 16 tomorrow will give us an indication as to whether Tuesday is in doubt I think. Assuming the season doesn't pause, that game needs playing by 8th January I think and I doubt us postponing it will reset that clock.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 17, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 26
Stockport odds against at Billy Hills.
Posted by: chaos33, December 17, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 27
If we go out I couldn’t give a stuff. Never cared about the trophy. I want to see individuals/the team play well. That’s all.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 17, 2021, 5:22pm; Reply: 28
in all honesty, i want us to win, just to stop the rot, but with a weakened side away at a good side with covid about and the league being the priority, cant say im too bothered if we do depart the competition
Posted by: oochiad, December 17, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 29
Not at all bothered but a win would be good to give us some much needed confidence and also to shut up the shortsighted amongst us for a few days. The main priority is it must get played, making it one game closer to Mcatee coming back. UTM!!!
Posted by: psgmariner, December 17, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Abdul19

That’s irresistible.
Posted by: LH, December 18, 2021, 4:15pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Abdul19

Merry Christmas!
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:21am