Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, December 5, 2021, 7:06pm
Anyone know the away attendance for the Dagenham game.  Can only find the home one (1734).
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 5, 2021, 7:09pm; Reply: 1
It was about 570 or something - can't remember exactly what they announced.
Posted by: A.l.f., December 5, 2021, 7:12pm; Reply: 2
537 I believe
Posted by: Meza, December 5, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from A.l.f.
537 I believe

Thank you.  I have no idea what it is and can't find it online.  Will have to use this for the prediction thread.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 5, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 4
Aye

https://twitter.com/Dag_RedFC/status/1467171265807065089
Posted by: Poojah, December 5, 2021, 9:22pm; Reply: 5
This is our seventh season in total in the National League, and after all this time I cannot properly wrap my head around how sides like Town can routinely find themselves losing to sides who attract little more than 1,000 home fans per game.

I know, I know, it's an unavoidable fact of the division. I accept that it happens, and it's happened at some point to nearly every club that's dropped out of the league and into the land of the tinpot, but I still don't profess to understand it.
Posted by: golfer, December 6, 2021, 8:59am; Reply: 6
+ parachute payment
Posted by: moosey_club, December 6, 2021, 7:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Poojah
This is our seventh season in total in the National League, and after all this time I cannot properly wrap my head around how sides like Town can routinely find themselves losing to sides who attract little more than 1,000 home fans per game.

I know, I know, it's an unavoidable fact of the division. I accept that it happens, and it's happened at some point to nearly every club that's dropped out of the league and into the land of the tinpot, but I still don't profess to understand it.

Teams that have been traditional non league clubs are generally more stable, run efficiently and are organised and established in what they do.
They don't generally turnover a full squad every year allowing team bonding, spirit and that "telepathic"  understanding to build up over several seasons.
They also have less expectation and pressure from fans who may not have tasted relative glory previously.
Also some of the teams are on their uppers, recent promotions can boost finances dramatically in comparison to previous years.

Older established league clubs on the slide have debts, chains of relegation weighing them down, less income, by and large new squads to bed in.

It shouldn't be a shock to us and our management from the last spell, but even since then I think even less teams are part time anymore...(are any this season even ? ) . I think we had a superb pre season in some ways as I think early games we looked way fitter and sharper than the opposition....I think that has levelled out now somewhat as we start to see teams  going the distance with us.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 7, 2021, 12:32am; Reply: 8
Very good points Moosey
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 7:57am